Search found 116 matches

Return

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Paul Chapman to be a Bomber. Said choosing them was easy. 'They said they can prolong my career by up to 50 years with science!'
by Dissident
Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

RFL AGM coming up soon FLM, maybe you could put your hand up to run the chook raffle
by DARK KNIGHT
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

valleys07 wrote:Boyd and Kelly 1 & 2 for mine.

Port will look at Michael Appeness (200cm 98kg forward / ruckman) from Vic Metro, or possibly Trent Dumont.

Sydney would pick Apeness wouldn't they/ 8-[

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Membership No's 2014

If I buy by cat/dog a membership I should be allow to take it to the games! FFS

My mate in Melbourne doesn't have a pet but buys a membership for his stuffed wombat.
He receives calls now from the GFC wanting to talk to Otto and sell him some merchandise.
I will be attending the Easter Monday clash at the G again as Otto Wombat! :roll:
by Alaska
Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not an ordinary look for the league. It's sad for the league and the farming community that their football club no longer has the numbers to survive.
I had some good contests with East Murray blokes in the past and while they played it tough, they were good blokes - most of those fellas are still around the area and would be heartbroken.

It's possible, that eventually, with the Riverland's population drift, the Indies will disappear. Why anyone would take any glee from the death of football clubs is beyond me. Once the Indies are gone, the next focus for concern will be the Riverland B grade sides...
I don't think anybody takes glee at all. I do think that a few people need to pull their head out of the sand though and admit the comp is struggling and look at ways to best keep their teams up and running. whether that is by joining the RFL B Grade comp, I don't know, but maybe start looking into different options for the future instead of saying things are good, because before you know it, the comp could be on it's knees and at the point of no return. That's just my opinion of course.
by Bum Crack
Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Yes Tiger83, well aware of what the button is for. My interest is with Matty Wilson who was happily cleared to SANFL (the Crows ressies I presume) but denied to RFL, clearly an option if he doesn't make it. You would of thought the skipper from 2013 was financial and could go wherever he wanted. :)

Not that ur in a position that needs to know, but Matty is not completely financial. Its not always about Subs... He wont be playing anywhere in 2014 now anyway. He had a shoulder reconstruction the other day after a training mishap.

As an interested observer of clearances to see where players are going etc. I find it amusing that if he won't be playing anywhere in 2014 as stated why wouldn't the Club clear him???
A clearance can only be denied on subs or a contract, but I could be wrong. I thought if he had club property ie a Guernsey, after being captain of the club they would happily let him have that, and maybe he will return to the club one day, but you would think that wont happen now.
by Ralph Wiggum
Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What will happen first...?

Bum Crack wrote:that reads like something a primary school kid would write :lol:

it was written so you geelong fans could understand it :lol:
by kickinit
Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2 Discussion ( and Live Scores )

Both teams will not make the 8. The more Carlton lose, the more joy I get watching their arrogant flog of a coach lose his shit. Geez he's a tosser.
by Bum Crack
Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond - Still crap?

I'll give Richmond one thing DB- at least they have worn the repercussions of their poor drafting on the chin, and not pleaded for draft concessions due to their poor positioning like Melbourne.
by valleys07
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've no doubt that every town has been accused of having the ugly supporter and sometimes rightly so.... Mick from Barmera.... Robbo - LN.... And so on.... BUT for the Renmark supporter to personally threaten the central umpire - Jordan Wright (17 years old) is an absolute disgrace.... Things like "I know where you live" "you cheated when you were goal umpiring and your still cheating".... he is 17 for f**ks sake ... if the Renmark FC don't do any thing about this d***head then they are accepting this behaviour.... Find out who this wanker is and ban him.... RFC I hope you have the balls.....
by SomeOleFart
Tue May 20, 2014 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2014

Be good if Kaiden Brand can get a game down back for the Hawks this week. Young Berri lad. Fingers crossed.
by Bum Crack
Tue May 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anthony Pierri pending to Moorook Kingston, is that the same guy that played for Barmera in the early 2000s, if so BIG in for MK. he will kick some bags in the indys

You'd think it's him. Gilgen played with him at Athelstone, I reckon, after they left Barmera.
You're right, that would be a BIG inclusion.

i thought he was already playing full forward at berri... :shock:
by FULLY LOADED MAN
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS Country Football

Some of you may not have read this recently in the Murray Vallee standard. Will be interesting to hear the feedback as I think James Moore as worded this perfectly and said what a lot of us are thinking.

http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com.au/story/2344804/moore-to-the-point-meningie-coach-backs-country-recruiting/?cs=1653
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Well done James Moore, fantastic letter. Let's just hope the powers-to-be actually have a read of it and take it on board.

I think the SANFL clubs are quick to point the finger but there have been countless times when a good junior of your club heads down to play underage for the zone SANFL club for a few years and then when they're on the brink of getting cut, the SANFL club points them in the direction of a div 1-2. amateur club because that level of football would be better for their "development". Unfortunately, these players are then lost to their "home" clubs unless money is offered to get them back. If the SANFL were more engaging with the country zone clubs, then some of the enticing $$ may not be offered to their league/ressie players.
by The Gimp
Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would think normal process, I think the Rovers would be some what pleased with the year.
what's this rubbish in the Pioneer about a bumper crowd, would have been just average, Lefty must have trouble counting.
what do you think the wash up will be at Barmera re the coaching gig & surely Smart & Greenwood will retire.
would have been a better crowd if the Waikerie supporters turned up and supported their team.

Looked like a big crowd to me. Great venue for it. All GFs at Berri is spot on. Some people are too willing to let club based scare mongering get in the way of the best outcome for all.

If Berri genuinely think this is good idea, they would provide some evidence to support their argument? Why not open the books on Saturdays game and other clubs could compare a GF at Berri vs their own club. I suspect Berri FC has a hidden agenda, perhaps a major infrastructure project but in order to obtain grant money they need to increase oval use. Unfortunately that will come at expense of other clubs.
All grand finals at Berri will be fantastic for Berri, terrible for everyone else. The stupid thing about this debate is it ignores the real elephant in the room in RFL, No Netball! Bringing netball and football together would have far more benefits than a half baked theory about centralised GF's!
by WellPlayed#9
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Pretty plain and simple. Is Brenton Sanderson the best Coach available in AFL ranks currently?

If he ain't who the heck is?

Well cough up the coin and get the right bloke if it **** up ill die on my own sword. A club of these resources shouldn't put up with mediocrity and won't any longer. . Do you want to be another Richmond or Carlton?

These are true questions Fagan would have asked the board as a true proffesional. Everyone will be on notice this bloke don't **** around.

At least Richmond have stuck by Hardwick, as poor as they have been. Amazing to see their revolution in the 2nd half of this season and it's all been driven by the playing group. What does that tell you.
by Yank Man
Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney v Hawthorn

I hope the Hawks win so they can rub it in Franklin's face for leaving.

Also because I enjoy watching teams go back to back and I love watching Sam Mitchell, he is an absolute gun, his handballing skills are the best in the game, works tirelessly marshaling his troops and he deserves another flag. My tip for the Norm Smith.
by The Dark Knight
Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

added to that Roo, said that the next coach will have all the resources they need and he admitted that Sando didn't have that, but he still gets axed

egotistical maniac is Roo

I hope the Crows pay dearly for this decision, not financially in the payout, but by struggling in the next few years and losing players....

perhaps then, the realisation that Sando wasn't that bad will arrive
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If the senior assistant is that important to the sides success maybe the senior assistant should be the senior coach...
by MW
Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tippett + Buddy = No flag

Have to laugh at the amount of Crows fans given Tippett stick about losing the GF

Ultimately I would much rather experience a grand final week and lose the game than not experience it at all
by whufc
Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

i can just see shoenmakers making 10 turnovers in a showdown and us looking like idiots

To be honest, the bloke can kick a ball better than a fair chunk of the Adelaide midfield.

He does get found out on the gorillas and someone with genuine leg speed, but turnovers aren't his achilles heel .
I thought being a very average footaller allround was... ;)

Gee, when Spangher is getting a gig before you. i think it's time to move on

Going on that notion WUB, that Tom Mitchell must be a spud when he cant get a game ahead of that GF midfield.... :P
by MatteeG
Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

Rumours circulating that Port will open up the season with:

Fremantle (a), Tingles (a), Sydney (h), Hawthorn (h).

Could potentially start the season 1-3...

should start 4 - 0

port beat freo last time over there
port seemingly way too good for the crows (source port propaganda radio)
port to beat Sydney easily (seemingly if port had made the grandfinal they would have thrashed Sydney as well) - (source port
propaganda radio)
Port to beat Hawthorn easily (port only loss by 3 points at the mcg so playing them at home should win easily - (source port propaganda radio)

but seriously the hardest game there is freo over there but they did win last time. Don't Sydney and Hawthorn usually start slowly at the beginning

Well clearly propaganda radio is full of sh*t then. If that was to be read into with any merit, Adelaide should have won the last 17 flags if double crow is anything to go by :lol:
by valleys07
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rumours circulating that Port will open up the season with:

Fremantle (a), Tingles (a), Sydney (h), Hawthorn (h).

Could potentially start the season 1-3...

should start 4 - 0

port beat freo last time over there
port seemingly way too good for the crows (source port propaganda radio)
port to beat Sydney easily (seemingly if port had made the grandfinal they would have thrashed Sydney as well) - (source port
propaganda radio)
Port to beat Hawthorn easily (port only loss by 3 points at the mcg so playing them at home should win easily - (source port propaganda radio)

but seriously the hardest game there is freo over there but they did win last time. Don't Sydney and Hawthorn usually start slowly at the beginning

Yeah, there's no "propoganda" whatsoever from AFC- appointed Crows Ambassadors in the media such as Kym Dillon, Stephen Rowe etc etc.

Ask any neutral supporter in SA (ie. doesn't barrack for Port or the Crows), and they will tell you which club runs the propoganda machine in this state.
by GWW
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And so it begins - the fixturing whingefest is upon us :((
by PatowalongaPirate
Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2014

Flag. Boom!
by MatteeG
Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

did Rambo not want the job, pretty harsh if he did as he had taken Barmera to 2 grand finals & only to have players not perform on the day.
Dingo very interesting appointment, I wonder if Renmark & Waikerie were asked for references
by DARK KNIGHT
Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 afl ladder

If you are good enough then the draw is irrelavant. Look at Geelong 2011 and Hawthorn over the past couple of years. Hard draw - premiers. Only mediocre teams are affected by the draw in my view. If Port go 3-2 over those first five they can really launch at the top two. Port just needs a little more luck with injury next season as they cost you your top four spot last season.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

comment posted on AdelaidNow

when he speaks. People listen intently. Because they can't understand a word he says the first time
by dedja
Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hawthorn 2015

Managed to keep fairly quiet over the post season, which i like!

Can we snag a 3-peat? Will the old legs of some of the champs finally slow?

I'm looking forward to seeing some games from Jed Anderson, Billy Hartung and hoping like hell Brendan Whitecross gets some luck. Hope Ceglar uses last year's disappointment at missing the GF to spur him on. Frawley will need to make a spot his own, or he'll be the highest paid VFL player this year.

For the new ones, Pittonet looks like he has a bit of go for a young ruckman and Hardisty looks as though he has a bit to offer too. O'Rourke too obviously has some talent which would be good to see.
by MatteeG
Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Flogs from Norf in the 90's

whufc wrote:Brent Harvey

He makes it for the 90's, 00's and 10's
by daysofourlives
Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: River Murray Football League talk

If meningie dont get a few extra points plus a few other concessions from the league here and there due to their location and low population how on earth do you expect them to be competitive with the bridge teams (or dont you like a contest UTB?) who get first choice of all upcoming juniors, have access to more players by simply having 5+times the population base of meningie plus the advantage of being closer to adelaide for potential recruits?

an even competition is what everyone wants, fact is its going to take quite some time to get to with points systems, salary cap implementation etc on the agenda. have heard its only their 3rd flag since they have been in rmfl so its not as though they are a protected species by any means and looks like they have been down for quite a while previously so as a club they obviously had to work their backsides off to get the top, maybe everyone else is better off working harder to catch up to them rather than cry about it on here...
by oldbomber
Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

have heard that Chris Bonney from the Roos injured his knee at training and will need another knee recon, also Jake Smith might be a non starter for the Roos this season, supposedly going to travel plus with Selfe trying his luck at Westies this year the Roos look a little bit light on in the experience department

I heard the Bonney one over the weekend too. I'm in no way a Barmera supporter but felt sick when I heard, 2 knees in 2 years just awful. Terrific lad, terrific footballer and Riverland Footy will be the worse for his absence from the field for another twelve months. Hope he's doing ok.
by WellPlayed#9
Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

Best Easter Monday I've had for years. Looked sharp.
by MatteeG
Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

bennymacca wrote:They are certainly still premiership favourites by a long way. But going by pre season hype they were going to win every game by 10 goals

This is the Hawthorn thread not Adelaide thread mate ;)
by carey
Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Clarkson fine.

That dickhead has just added extra expense to a game that is already too far from grassroots footy.

Needs to be found, named shamed and banned.
by DOC
Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The umpires have enough to worry about, like trying to watch the game itself. They should stick to what they're (supposedly) good at, watching the play.
One (former Berri cricket player) umpire already spends too much time looking in the crowd.

I wouldn't have thought anyone would say they're doing such a fantastic job, lets give them more to worry about?

And how exactly are they going to determine which team they are supporting if they aren't wearing a club shirt? Perhaps I'd best go out and buy 5 shirts from the clubs I don't support.......
by interestedobserver
Fri May 22, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not throw in a green card as well for spectators against umpires :)
by the wonder elephant
Mon May 25, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallee Football League (SA) Waikerie Hassan, Salim Pending 2015-
Interesting in for Waikerie ?? will add a bit to the midfield

Will be a good in, wonder wether Franks will be still required. On another topic, interesting to see if the RFL will trial the Blue card for spectators, will be a few Bluey's getting shown to the mob in the shed at Lox Nth :lol:

A Blue Card for spectators... now I've heard it all...
by Bag & Sledge
Mon May 25, 2015 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by valleys07
Wed May 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Jim05
Wed May 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by HH3
Wed May 27, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by Spargo
Wed May 27, 2015 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by MatteeG
Thu May 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

yeah, 9 years clean and he still only just has a crappy woolworths job, and doesnt have contact with his kid. Would still say thats not a great situation.

But credit to him, he looks like he knows this and is going in the right direction.

Makes you think about judging people, especially on forums etc, you would rarely know all of their circumstances
Yeah mate, everyone has their own story and the higher you get, the further you can fall.

It was only 2 years ago that I was at a crossroads and felt everything just wasn't worth it and I had no one to turn to, I was fortunate enough to be able to push through it, it took months of staring at a blank ceiling wondering whether I'd made the right decisions or not.

I must say, it does take a fair set to get on such a show and put it all out there.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not an Open Mike topic as such, but another that's gut wrenching to watch is Neale Daniher .. The fact that he's a ripper bloke who still smiles and laughs just makes it even harder to see the effects of his affliction, and know what else is in store for him. :(
by JK
Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was never a fan of Greg Williams - maybe because he didn't play for the Hawks but I have a new admiration for him and his wife after watching on Monday night. They did a power of work to assist when he needed it.
What a great game footy is not only for the game but the friendships that are made from it.
Very much the same, Eustace must have been a ripping bloke, to have help from so many different angles when it would have been easier to wipe their hands with him as society does so often when someone becomes somewhat derailed.

Losing a friend when I was 19 still haunts me knowing I could've done more for him, whether it would've prevented the inevitable will never be known but it certainly has made me more aware of the warning signs within others.

I'm fortunate enough to have the ability that allows others to confide in me.
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

Pity little Charlie didn't get to throw in a post goal celebration after he ballsed up that shot early in the last quarter. Was probably working on his next routine and didn't kick the important goal. It was the worst of his 6 touches for the night.

Either that or he was cooking up some spuds. ;)
by Booney
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

Pity little Charlie didn't get to throw in a post goal celebration after he ballsed up that shot early in the last quarter. Was probably working on his next routine and didn't kick the important goal. It was the worst of his 6 touches for the night.

Either that or he was cooking up some spuds. ;)
Flog.

James Harden can do that, he's at the absolute pinnacle of his sport. Charlie Cameron, not so much.
by Pag
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

I believe the Points System is crucifying country footy with the way association's distribute their player points and now it looks like a Salary Cap will be introduced for country footy next season which will make things even worse.
I know a country competition where attendances are the worst they have ever been in the last few years.
How can a successful team that gets the whole club in order (a club that's worked their backside off from a committee level to a playing & coaching group to give themselves every opportunity of winning a premiership) receive a penalty not of being able to recruit any further players for the next couple of years?
Are there any other sports that crucify a club for being successful or is it just SA Country Football??
The onus needs to be on the clubs at the bottom of the ladder to get their clubs in order, not rely on the associations to bring the successful clubs down to their level (by reducing their points from winning games) which brings the standard of the competition down to a level of ordinary footy!!
Lets use Victoria for a comparison, do they have the same issue?
No in fact their competitions are as strong as they have ever been and attendances are very healthy.
They try and recruit better players to get more bums on seats!!! It makes total sense!!
SALARY CAP:
In my opinion country footy is suffering (in SA) so why does Country Footy have to continue to suffer by introducing a Salary Cap.
Take a team that has a small community for example with a small population of juniors.
The club survives at A Grade level by spending money to attract players and remember they can only recruit so many due to the Points System.
What will introducing a Salary Cap do to those small communities that rely on Football in their small towns?
Not being able to recruit quality players will bring the standard of the competition down and what happens then? Smaller Attendances!
Who will want to go and watch the games?
Would you pay $7 to go and watch average players run around on a Saturday if you were not directly involved at a club? \
I'm certain that the local average Joe down the street would not be tempted to go and watch his local town's team play.
But if they are able to attract better recruits then of course-
-It means more attendance
-Which means more money spent at the club and town
-A higher participation level from kids because whether you believe it or not, some kids look up to a quality A Grade player, so they will want to play just like them.

POINTS SYSTEM:
SANFL Clubs are not happy with the amount of money being spent in Country Footy well money has always been a lure to recruit players but the amount spent these days I think is due to the Points System that was introduced.
Were there any problems or issues before the Points System was introduced??? No.
I have also heard SANFL clubs are not happy with the grass roots club trying to poach their former juniors back to their club.
For example a strong country club sends a kid to play SANFL underage footy then by the time he is in his mid 20's and playing reserves footy the grass roots club asks him to return - well why wouldn't they with the way this points system is setup??
Example-
The strong country club is severely penalised by the Association's Points System for being successful (Winning Games).
With games won over the past two years they are able to recruit 3 players (9 points) they win a premiership, then lose 4 players the following year for various reasons, but they hold their recruits and they've gone from 3 points to 2 points and the club has been penalised for winning so many games so they go down to 6 points and are unable to recruit any players.
How is it fair that a club works its back side off from the off field stuff to on field from committee to playing & coaching group and they then get told well you guys won too many games last year so we are docking your points for the next couple of seasons? DISGRACE!!

SANFL:
If SANFL clubs remember, they introduced two new clubs in Adelaide and Port Adelaide in the same season so of course that will weaken the competition when some clubs are already struggling for numbers of quality as it is.
Players being poached from SANFL clubs has happened since football has been a sport so that will never change and introducing a points system and now salary cap wont change a thing at SANFL level.
by Bag & Sledge
Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

Just a sad day for not only adelaide F.c but the footy community why why why it's a absolute tragedy.. Rip Phillip Walsh.
by Robran
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

I think not only the Adelaide v geelong game but all football in sa should be cancelled,give everbody 1 point each.RESPECT
by Nichdanmatt
Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |