Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: MIDCOAST MELTDOWN 6(Clowns of Decadence) - Sat. April 5

Rather large day/night/morning!

Was a top show & what a good turnout...i've never heard the word nostalgia used so often haha

Trench Effect were solid, Clams had the whole place jumping around & i think Se Bon Ki Ra earned some new fans on the night with something a little heavier :supz:

Thanks to Porties FC for the venue & i know they loved the extra $$ made over the bars...
It was huge. The SOLD OUT sign got put out early. Quite a few people turned away.
This was by far the most enjoyable gig I've ever played at. Glad you enjoyed the day.
Was a hoot having Chad from Se Bon Ki Ra join us on stage to sing Seek and Destroy.

Seek and Destroy link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvEHeUSeWdk
XY and the Millenials link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSSBBZiHyBc
by tazz
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Q. wrote:+1 for the Sierra Nevada range

A bit left field, but came back from NZ with a taste for ginger beer and don't mind the stuff coming out of micro breweries here.

The Ginger Beer on tap at Ekhidna down at McLaren Flat ROCKS.
by MatteeG
Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your poison of choice?

Received a gift last week of a bottle of 12 year old Canadian Club.

Yum.O.
by Booney
Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Soundwave 2015

AJ is a massive wanker.
by Q.
Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

I love it when my niece and nephews swear (as well as when the elderly do it), so I knew these videos were up my alley.

Very politically incorrect, but so ******* hilarious!

wOhCzjJ8Kqc

TQZGPnn5b5E

d24QyaNMfnc

FBiKHIk4Jv0

88sGna9ergY

bQKtz4d-QiM

HuoGTS1jwdA

-A1L-98yqms

t_7803ZZJ_o
by Failed Creation
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

How are things at the Kennel, Test. Everyone Happy ?

Norsworthys not, this shit weather and lack of legal solariums is killing his tan, Carey's pissed about the constant rumors of the Royal Croquet Club not returning, Grub is trying to find peace with the Hird decision.

but football wise we're very pleased with our second half, some tight loses to the top sides (barring a rampant Kadina last week when we had 9 blokes out) and looking forward to finals.
by test
Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Dutchy wrote:Quick one, can anyone here confirm the away change rooms at Porties have a whiteboard? From memory Im pretty sure they do.

I am not sure ,but am aware the Shoe home rooms don't. ;)
by shoe boy
Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Me. On Saturday night.

Had a big night with some mates in Tanunda.
I was sitting upstairs on the hotel's balcony enjoying some solitude towards the end of the night.
There were some other guys up there, drinking and listening to music.
I slid off my chair (I tell myself I did it deliberately because I wanted to get more comfortable) with a thud.
Blokes run over, "You all right, mate?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. I just didn't want to hear that song by the Goo Goo Dolls any more, I hate it."
I got up and walked back down the stairs, with them pissing themselves laughing.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Animus"]Round 15: Some HUGE games this weekend!

Christies Beach VS Cove @ Christies - Battle for 8th spot
Morphett Vale VS Flagstaff Hill @ Morphett Vale - Possibly for top spot
Brighton VS Reynella @ Brighton - Possibly for top spot
Noarlunga VS Port Noarlunga @ Noarlunga - Drew last time, currently in a battle for a potential top 4 spot
Happy Valley VS OSB/Lonsdale @ Valley - Can the Vikings stay in the hunt to sneak into 8th

A little bit of tweaking and wouldn't this look like a good comp every week. :-?
by shoe boy
Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

Did the Footy gods get Brighton on the weekend? Ouch

by Dutchy
Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Animus wrote:Would Porties rather play Christies or Morphy Park in an elimination final?

Would Christies rather play Porties or Reynella/Flaggies - they both might try and lose :D
by strike me pink
Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Well 1st round of the 2nd half of the season and the upsets continued.
3 teams reversing their Round 1 losses.

Not surprisingly Mt Compass reversed their result against the Creek with a dominant 16 goal win with Pinyon and Hill having a day out up forward.
Completely outclassed the Hawks with the margin accentuated by straight kicking by the Dogs where as the Hawks were well off line with Warren playing only his 3rd game for the season found the ball ok but was horribly lacking confidence kicking for goal as his 1goal 6 behinds suggests and that 1 goal was doubtful as well.

The up and down Goolwa / Pt Elliot Magpies inflicted Willungas 1st defeat for the season in well and truly comprehensive fashion trouncing the Demons by 50 points whilst restricting them to a miserly 6 - 3 :shock:

The other Major upset was Strath also reversing their Round 1 loss to Victor by a surprisingly easy 46 points restricting Victor to just 5 goals in perfect conditions.

Bays got over the Hapless McLaren Eagles by the same 4 goal margin as their 1st round to keep their remote finals hopes alive whilst McLaren continue to be very competitive without winning.

Yankalilla consolidated 2nd spot on the ladder with a relatively comfortable win over Myponga / Sellicks despite having 1 less scoring shot. An accurate 9 - 2 surprisingly being enough against the Larks 5 - 7

Round 11

Creek host Goolwa / Pt Elliot in what could be a season defining match for both. Had a Draw in Round 2 and both are locked on 11 points each in 4th and 5th spot. Form lines from last week could not be more apart but that seems to account for little these days.
I feel the Creek will need to snatch a win here or their early season confidence and momentum gained could diminish quickly and see them tumble from the finals race.

E Bay will need to get over the Mudlarks who have performed well in the last month to keep their Finals hopes alive

Strath will certainly find out if they are back on track after an abysmal 1st half of the season by hosting Compass who seem to have finally awoke from their Premiership Hangover

Willunga should bounce back after a wake up call last week by accounting for their neighbors McLaren but certainly wouldn't want to take them too lightly.

Yank hammered Victor in Round 2 and have been consistent since where as Victor have certainly been up and down with their form.
The Roos narrowly went down to Willunga by only 7 points, then Beat Compass to suggest they're the real deal but then follow up with losses to Creek and Strath and that on top of being the only team to lose to McLaren. Certainly hard to follow.

Not making any tips for any matches as nothing would surprise me.
by jackpot jim
Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks like 1/4 of the premiership side have signed elsewhere already

Not quite Animus. But always going to lose a few when clubs keep offering what they are.

Feel as though the undefeated B Grade and C Grade Premiers should hold us in good stead for depth though.

Any SFL Clubs able to land any big (or even small) fish at this stage? All I'm seeing on the clearances and Facebook is movements going to the other way :? (D. Webb the exception 8) )
by reppoh_eht
Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |