Search found 596 matches

Return

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

They should spend any money that they raised on a football director/a grade coach with lots of knowledge on how successfull clubs run.

He would be responsible for implementing structure within the club from 14's to A grade. Including junior coaching structure and recruiting.

S Keam isnt doing anything at the moment!

You mean the same sort of plan that a specially formulated SFL committee desgined for them a few years ago when they were in the same level of sh*t they are now? the same sort of plan they chose not to implement.... so learners down at Aldinga it seems!

The media have fixed it instead. All's good now.

Agreed... billy brownless poured some beers, all is good now.
by mots02
Mon May 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rivalries

Reynella v Morphett Vale in the Southern FL
by mots02
Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualifying Final - Norwood v Sturt @ AO (Sat T 30/8)

Going to be hard for Sturt to win this, we always struggle to overcome the flooding, dour football of Norwood and West. We have some players that are woefully out of form and some that just don't seem interested in doing the hard yards.

LOL!! Dour, Strut have averaged about 4.3 points per game more than Norwood.

We look forward to maintaining that average and winning a dour struggle by 4 points then :lol:
by mots02
Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Bruggemann staying at Alberton confirmed...

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/2756/
What bullshit did they spin to him this time? Maybe they sent S.Summerton around to his house to have a chat....

No SANFL club wanted him prior to 2014 (or obviously not enough to get him to sign), why should he leave?

So he can be picked on merit and not based on what AFL listed players are available?

With the Power drafting another 4 players last night over 191cm along with Paddy Ryder and a fit Redden.... is it too late for Bruggemann to change his mind!?
by mots02
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1 Finals - LIVE Scores @ Adelaide Oval

Crows supporter at the pub wearing his Crows jacket only worrying about the horses. I asked why he's not watching the game. "I follow Glenelg" :roll:

maybe doesnt give a rats about this game, how dare he have a crows jacket on the heathen

How dare he follow Glenelg in one comp and the Crows in another!
by mots02
Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Booney wrote:
mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:What transfer fee do we get then?

You get Brett Eddy and Jarrod Liernert

Cheers. Thought there would have to be some compensation.

nice to be compensated even when you get rid of someone that you don't want anymore... that's a sweet deal.
by mots02
Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 AFL Season

Power steering failed?
by mots02
Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think of this concept???

And the survey says...
by mots02
Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumour re Media Coverage

What cost for streaming??

Who knows, there might be a subscription fee. Like Jimmy notes, you can add on to a membership to get streaming through your club website.

Either way, which is bullshit, the days of the tranny on the rainwater tank as you potter around the backyard are gon e and the SANFL is to blame.

This - a big part of my weekends has been listening to the SANFL whilst doing other jobs. It looks like it will be score updates on the phone whilst listening to an AFL game. Not quite the same
by mots02
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2016

Brodlach wrote:Jarrod Waite out for 6 weeks with an AC problem

Is AC code for accuracy problem?
by mots02
Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 16

Kane tweeted the inside 50 count after 45 minutes and if you allow the opposition to do that you've got ahead of yourselves. Dimma was told about it in the presser and said "I would like to see Kane...it's his job to write shit comments like that"

Lol. Love coaches being themselves not the boring standard lines. Hardwick is very passionate and he is right I don't rate Kane's opinion on most things.
He's a Cornes. Naval gazing is embedded in their DNA.

Has Kane surpassed his dad yet as the biggest flog in the family?

Kane has had him covered for a while i reckon
by mots02
Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

bennymacca wrote:
mots02 wrote:I liked it when people could just have an opinion on footy based on what they saw, what they valued, you know - based on their own footy instinct?

Sorry mate that era is long gone

not in my world its not
by mots02
Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Rising Star

morell wrote:No, it's a conclusion.

* conclusions based on individual opinions are a scourge on society
by mots02
Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Danger changer

Dutchy wrote:People that can't laugh at that won't notice when robots replace players on the field cause that is where we are heading!

Wasn't remotely funny... just another 'look at me'' moment from Patrick
by mots02
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Australian Team 2017 discussion

Booney wrote:So, who have you got from your side in the AA?

For mine, Ryder is the stand out with Wingard mounting a case for inclusion over the last 6 to 8 weeks.

So.....?

Can anyone provide some stats to back up Ryders claim for AA? :lol:
by mots02
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get your trend line out you utter spuds.

but we'll rely on safooty.net posters "eye"

yep using the trend line from 1997 it has gone up.

but surely 2014 reset the bench mark? from that point is a clear decline. So they're not declining now? Make up your mind.

Why not pick from Ken Hinkley's tenure? Why not pick since we recruited Ollie Wines? Why not pick any number of metrics? Surely, surely! You're not just plucking sections of the data to suit your agenda?

i think we should go back to 1870... got some stats on those years?

2014 , the first year at AO set a new benchmark. On a decline since then. No Agenda, just a couple of facts... i know how much you love dem facts :lol:
by mots02
Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Danger changer

Stay salty Blackbirds.

regards,

REB
'
Stay smug pussy cats

Regards,

Mots

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d6/22/ee/d622ee8b0a70aeb4b5476581948cc8a3--smiling-cat-smiling-animals.jpg

;)

Regards,

REB

https://image.isu.pub/151005134931-e20542f0c96923c7b0b0aaa520453bb3/jpg/page_1.jpg

8)
by mots02
Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best team of the 21st Century

unless the next bloke is Morell.... no one loves banter as much as Morell
by mots02
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:I don't care what any of you plebs think, that is a very fair representation of where the AFL's rucks are at.

This is a very fair representation of where the rucks were at yesterday
by mots02
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Found on Morell's front doorstep... a moto for true Tinder love
by mots02
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:Get out of my bushes mots you pervert.

never
by mots02
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Booney wrote:Hawkins = dumb/slow learner.

Incredibly dumb
by mots02
Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Exactly right there Booney. People whinge about White, Young and others that come in and out of the team, but no one at SANFL level is smashing down the door and playing better footy than them. As i said yesterday, Young will go back to the SANFL this week and pick up 30 and will be back to the 1's at the next opportunity. Yes he hasn't performed well at AFL level this season, but he is going back to the Maggies and doing what has been asked better than anyone else. No one else is putting their hand up week in week out saying i deserved to be picked for the Power. This off-season is going to be cruicial. Motlop and Rockliff will be very big ins for us and may see us take the next step to be a better and more consistent side

Given morell's "pick anyone" philosophy (based purely on structure), if they were to call up Snelling or Drew or Palmer and they have a stinker and we lose then as many people would be saying "Why'd they pick him?"

Exactly. Just like everyone is carrying on now about Monfries *If* we lose. 8)

I dont really care what combination of wingers, flankers and pockets we pick, whoever is in those positions and in form. For mine, it's much more important to get the key position structure right. Which we havent. Its clear as day.

My point is - let's give 3 talls a go. I'd like Dixon, Howard and Westhoff. If we really want to keep Westhoff on the wing, then play Dixon, Howard and Trengove.

We played 3 talls vs Sydney, Freo and the first showdown - by any measure, all reasonably good results. Why did we go away from it? Because Eddy didn't have a great showdown? OK. Drop him for *another key forward* not a ******* forward defensive midget.

So let me get this straight - you think Port need to play another tall forward? why haven't you mentioned this before?! :lol:
by mots02
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Wedgie wrote:
FB_IMG_1502527334996.jpg

The opposition must lick their lips every time this moron opens his mouth... time and time again he's the kiss of death for the tiggers!
by mots02
Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

what i want to know is how the hell did the AA selectors come to their decision on the ruck position if the SWARM hasn't been updated yet?
by mots02
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

JJ love ya easy one OUT THE BACK CHAMP lmao

Yep he should have got across to shepherd for Eddie but no he plays the selfish card yet again and gets the easy goal himself.

After laying the tackle that caused the turn over and started the possession chain... then ran over 100m to get on the end of it.

but yep.... just gets the easy ones and is selfish.
by mots02
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Has anyone heard that Red Bull may be Port's next major sponsor?

I've heard a couple of names, that was one, yes.

Soto's Fish & Chips the other?

No, it will be a world wide brand looking to increase their exposure into China.

Seems this China deal could be beneficial, yeah? 8)

Here's the really important link to China that's been overlooked and the reason that the pear have been so keen to partner up.

https://top5ofanything.com/list/f2f0ed33/Pear-Producing-Countries
by mots02
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trengove -
19 games
17 goals 12 behinds
63 marks ave 3.3
Frees Agnst 43 ave 2.3
Tackles 57 ave 3

Watts -
16 games
22 goals 9 behinds
77 marks ave 4.8
Frees Agnst 9 ave 0.6
Tackles 42 ave 2.6

Not the most compelling statistical case that i've ever seen to justify dropping one spud to just bring in another!
by mots02
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

In the end when the dust settles. The crows have effectively traded out Lever, pick 16 and pick 35 for Gibbs,a 2018 first rounder (approx 10), and a 2018 second rounder - low 20s.

I think the trades have mutual benefit for all 3 clubs.

and that's the secret here... to wait until its all done to make judgement. i'm more than comfortable with what the crows have put together so far.
by mots02
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

Dutchy wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Means he can move over earlier and get settled before pre season starts with his family. Some people look for things that aren’t there

and why couldn't have that happened anyway?

Would you move your family interstate for a job if you didnt have a contract signed and in place?
by mots02
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

All i'm saying is that there's lots of commentary already on here from Port people about tough draws and time slots. Looks like early excuses to me.
It's off-season, the new draw has just been released - what discussion do you expect to happen? :?
If we all went in confident already he'd have a troll at that............................typical cows nuffy!

#bennyII

No, actually i'd respect the confidence.

That's the Port Adelaide i knew growing up.... and they could back it up usually too.

The new Port is different it seems.
by mots02
Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Booney wrote:Nup, I'll need more if I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IyWyWZZR5M
by mots02
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Richmond 2017

Brodlach wrote:
bennymacca wrote:It’s not “just as bad” but we still shouldn’t be sharing it around carte blanche

Did they belong to

Or?
by mots02
Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Motlop and Thomas in the same side.....goodluck with that

Motlop won't be playing at the Magpies. Linds won't be either....

Gonna be a sleepless summer thinking about how the dynamic duo will dominate...

$1000 a year and $9.00 beers to sledge my own player. Great.

At least Polec will have someone to practice his tackling on all summer
by mots02
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:So it's flag or bust?

Does seem a lot like putting all of ones eggs in a 2018 basket.... but maybe this is more representative:
by mots02
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
mots02 wrote:
MW wrote:So it's flag or bust?

Does seem a lot like putting all of ones eggs in a 2018 basket.... but maybe this is more representative:

Is that Josh Jenkins 3rd from the right at the top? ;)

No Josh is the one partially obscured, hiding out the back
by mots02
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

It’s an interesting point he makes - adelaide is certainly a fish bowl when it comes to footy. Not sure how many of our other players that have left that it would have affected but I guess it’s another factor

It's not a factor, if it was Port would have the same issues with player retention.

It's clearly not a factor for Port as all we hear about during the year from Port fans is that Adelaide has a ''crowscentric media' , ''crowvertiser'', ''crowey'' etc.... you guys whinge all of the time that no body gives you enough attention, perhaps with these things in mind you should start being pleased about that ;)
by mots02
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Can’t believe he was still there at 12.

Nobody can. :D

Can't wait to find out if he's better than Dean Gore.

Maybe we should all jump in early and nickname him 'The Future''?
by mots02
Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Does that have a behind picture where you can see his wallet full on North Melbourne money?

I thought you were looking for a behind picture because that's where is best football is.
by mots02
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lokan sacked

Spargo?
by mots02
Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To trade or to draft, that is the question.

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:I remember everything from the 2007 GF and remind you all regularly! ;)

Like the moment Jake Lever pointed at the Richmond bloke and laughed at him because he's got a lisp?

Jake who?
by mots02
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Mitch Marsh is a certainty IMO, they will want a medium for Perth

Absolutely, he'll ton up and take 3 fa just to shut us all up too!

Ton up with the ball and make 3 ;)
by mots02
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

MW wrote:
stampy wrote:whats the problem with the pitch?

water leaked into it

unsurprising given the benny hill theme that was playing as the ground staff tried to cover it yesterday.
by mots02
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Surely you can't dispute that Chadd should have been treated with enough respect to receive a phone call from the NSP, thats essentially what the article is about. He was 12/13th man a month ago, now can't make a 15 man squad.

Border said "The selectors can't call everyone who missed out".

How many blokes that were in the Ashes squad aren't going to South Africa then? 7,8,900?

I'm pissed off i didn't get my call.
by mots02
Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Tour of South Africa

Rule # 1 of Elite Sport - It's not fair!

Totally agree - but people can also be handled with dignity and respect.

I've sat on numerous selection committees over the years... the first people you speak to are the players on the edge of selection. Every time, without fail.

To let players find out through Social media is piss weak or arrogant by the selectors.
by mots02
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Ladder predictions

The Bedge wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Image

Actual footage of you and morell.

Morrell calling Benny to come to bed? or visa versa?
by mots02
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

at the end of the day its about who can "Just get the ball and kick it between the two big sticks".
but if it was as simple as that, everyone would do it :P

Everyone is trying to do it... and as i said there's a whole bunch of methods and ways in which they can get it (or try to get it) done.

in the end, the team that does that the most efficiently is the only stat that really matters.

The main objective in the game has never changed. The methods have and certainly the analysis has.

Some people clearly get off as much on the analysis of the method and the stats to justify their opinion as much or more than they do the end result.
by mots02
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Boon v Morell in court.

We've secured some actual footage of Boon graciously accepting the victory over the high and mighty Morell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAULvXryp3E
by mots02
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Actually proof I know stuff all - I thought Vardy was pretty good yesterday and just realised he only had 8 disposals :oops: :lol:

He was an influence on the game though, numbers aren't everything mate. ;)

Blasphemy!
by mots02
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

Dutchy wrote:Other clubs jealousy makes me smile :D

Champagne Comedy!
by mots02
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |