Search found 134 matches

Return

Re: Glenelg Oval Overhaul

Got a lump in my throat.

I've spent over a third of my life with the GFC, most of the time under that grandstand.

Can still remember the first time I walked in those rooms as a kid in April 1980 when my cousin, then an injured player, took me in to meet the players and get autographs after we beat Centrals. 10 000 + at the game and in the clubs rooms afterwards you couldn't move. I've still got some of those.

The early days getting players ready for training and seeing my boyhood hero walk in - Cornesy as coach wanting to know who's fit and who's not - will forever be etched in my memory.

Sleeping on the training benches after GF commiserations *sigh*

End of season piss-ups

Fitness sessions and sweat I've lost.

Most of all I'll remember the people especially those no longer with us: Bert Cugley, Simmo, Chas Flook, Freddy, Ol' Doc Duguid.

Grandstands can be rebuilt, the legends of those rooms can't but they'll never be forgotten.

Love my club
by am Bays
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Rising Star

morell wrote:**** that.

SPP's 2017 is streets ahead of both of them.

Wait, is that .. is that an opinion?? :shock:
by JK
Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Danger changer

Check out the Dangerfield press conference tonight, ******* funny!

That press conference was classic Wedgie!!

What did Mr 'controversial trying to go places' Kane Cornes have to say about Danger?
Corned said he exaggerates his injuries. :lol:

Not a fan of Cornes, but FIGJAM's press conference.......absolute cringeworthy!
Yea, I noticed a few Crows supporters without a sense of humour on social media thought the same. It was probably a bit loud, I'm suprised the Crows haven't lodged a complaint about it since its upset some of their little darlings. :lol:

If you seriously thought that was funny, you must think Weekend at Bernies 2 was a comedic masterpiece!
by Hefty
Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 13

I don't know the full story in this but I think it's pretty easy to see what has more than likely happened.
Adelaide Security bloke who probably doesn't follow footy is irritated by banging on the fence signs, mentions it in passing to someone else off his own back, this is then relayed to a West official and then the jump is made that it's an offical complaint from Adelaide.
Gucci gets wind of it and flogs himself raw over it as do people on here and social media.
It's very easy for this not to involve any lies from anyone but a series of Chinese whispers from something that wasn't actually anything.
As mentioned before, the narrative feeds many stereotypes and agendas that are easily fuelled.
If I put myself in Adelaide's shoes I ask myself what they gain from said complaint, what the recoil would be and why the f*** they'd even care in the first place.
It is just so blindingly moronic to think that this really happened as presented by Gucci and other idiots.
by CUTTERMAN
Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19, predictions, live scores, shit canning & resul

Booney wrote:Crows by 3 - 5 goals this afternoon.

Channeling your in MT79? there Boon??

I'll predict we'll lose so I can say, "I told you so" when we do and when we win I can bag the opposition and there supporters more becasue I said "we should've lost that game"

=D> =D>
by am Bays
Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Go pat someone on the head now Joe. Dickhead.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Don't feed them mots
by MW
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 2

mots02 wrote:
Booney wrote:I'm not, it was a free kick and we shouldn't have been in the position to lose the match at that point.

THAT is what the Port Adelaide people are saying.

Everyone is saying that... except Kane Cornes...

He's a whore gobbling up any airtime he can.
by Booney
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Off-Season

They pretty much did, they weren't going to use 91, just meant it got sorted earlier and provided Gibson with some clarity.

plenty of other ways to do that, what is things change and they need to use it? Only a certain number of spots on the list. Youd assume they know what they've got planned by now

It would've been a courtesy for Gibson. imagine waiting the however many weeks not knowing for certain that you've got a spot. Would be awful.

Actually think it was a classy thing to do from Adelaide.
by morell
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Motlop and Thomas in the same side.....goodluck with that

Motlop won't be playing at the Magpies.
Linds won't be either....

Gonna be a sleepless summer thinking about how the dynamic duo will dominate...

$1000 a year and $9.00 beers to sledge my own player. Great.
by Booney
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Will there be a master class in how to avoid conviction after being arrested by the Police? :lol:
Or how to avoid a charge of DUI and leaving the scene of an accident ;)
There is a seminar on how to breach the salary cap and f*** your club for the next 15 years. ;)

Rebuilding - How to get it wrong again and again and again.

And then hire Steven Trigg
by bennymacca
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Can’t believe he was still there at 12.

Nobody can. :D

Can't wait to find out if he's better than Dean Gore.

Maybe we should all jump in early and nickname him 'The Future''?

Im the first to put the boot into the crows cos i cant stand them or most of their supporters but they got an absolute gun in Fogarty. The lad is a beast and can play. Watched him in a 18's State trial this year and he was that far ahead of the other players in the SA Squad is wasnt funny. He wouldv gone top5 if not for injuries and poor form. The Crows definietly got a beauty there. Plus he atleast cant put the i want to go home excuse when he wants to leave because he hates the culture of the crows.
by hollywood7477
Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To trade or to draft, that is the question.

Booney wrote:Not as funny as :

Pick 12 - Port Adelaide - Lindsay Thomas.

Took him with their first pick in case someone else got to him first :lol:
by Brodlach
Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: To trade or to draft, that is the question.

I know someone who needs it more.
by Booney
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: women wearing the baggy green

FWIW, the fact it's the Ashes for women is not that new. Australian and English female cricketers have been playing for the Ashes for nearly 20 years (1998).
Heck, rugby league used to have an Ashes. And, I think, speedway also contests the Ashes and there have been other sporting battles between the nations portrayed as the Ashes, because of the natural link.
by Dogwatcher
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Ladder predictions

We’re a pretty down to earth lot on here, a bit of friendly banter, don’t take ourselves too seriously. Most on here at times display very competent footy knowledge - but there’s also a lot is shit spinning & piss taking involved - it’s the way it is.
What isn’t appreciated is being preached & spoken down to - if you don’t think this is you, that’s your opinion. Opinions differ on here quite a bit.
Play on.

This is true but it also seems people like to take potshots for someone actually trying to back up their opinion with facts.

i have no issue if you choose to back up your opinion with facts. That's your choice to do so.

just don't be a condescending twat if someone else just wishes to share their thoughts without feeling the need to provide a ream of statistical data to prove or disprove it.

personally footy stats bore me to tears, i think most of it is a load of bollocks used by the media and others to justify their existence.

but that's just my opinion.

That is fine, but your opinion is wrong ;)
by valleys07
Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Ladder predictions

mots02 wrote:Boon v Morell in court.

We've secured some actual footage of Boon graciously accepting the victory over the high and mighty Morell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAULvXryp3E

:lol: Didn't even need to open the clip and had a fair idea what it was gonna be haha!! Great movie :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2018

mots02 wrote:
How often do you need to use a good rear end ointment?

Only when the tailpipe gets a bit hot, usually after competing in the La Carrera Panamericana.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

morell wrote:He's a back pocket.

So was Gavin Wanganeen
by MW
Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Different roles, jobs and professions have different expectations. If you're a lawyer or doctor you have strict rules on responsibility for people in your care. If you operate heavy machinery you have stricter inebriation guidelines. If you're a financial planner or banker you have ethical requirements.

Heck even in local government we have rules and guidelines that we have to adhere to in regards to financial delegation and care and control.

If you're an AFL footballer, you're unable to be heavily intoxicated in a public space. I understand that would be frustrating, if that outweighs the benefits of being an AFL footballer than those people would be free to make that career choice should they desire.

Zero. Sympathy.
by morell
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:North??

They got their big name player last week. :lol:
by Booney
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:Geelongs plan worked a treat, same as Essendon the week before. Deny us the corridor and you expose our poor foot skills.

See you shouldn't have had that preseason talkfest where you revealed the gameplan was down the corridor...
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We get what we deserve, unless it was the umpires fault :lol:
by MW
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 17 - The Players take over, not Carlton but.

I hated Daisy at Collingwood like most people but I hate him even more at Carlton.
by amber_fluid
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: State of the game

Just f**kin belt it forward if people aren't ready.

And if you're one of the people that isn't ready, you know it's gonna be belted forward.

Easy.

What the **** would you know, you don’t even watch footy :lol:

Well I played over 200 games....soooo..

Got 4th best once.....

Life Member too.

Sorry I don't want to watch the shit being put on TV .

Makes sense being a North fan

Anyone see the irony in the last quote :lol:
by westcoastpanther
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Look at Booney with his fancy facts

#noplaceonsafooty

I'm going with a new approach next year. No posts about my team, purely posting about another sides crowds.
by Booney
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Triple M Molloy BS

If they read it men in white jackets will come.
by DOC
Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Season

Roughead > WCE

Lycett > PA

:-BD
$600-700k a year for an injury prone B grade at best ruckman, what am I missing here?

When you find out mate let me know too.
Port got rid off a B grade ruckman on close to that coin last year in Lobbe.

Only seen Lycett play a handful of games but he did nothing too suggest he’s worth that coin.

Jenkins >>>> Lycett>>>>>Dixon ;)

EFA mate.
by amber_fluid
Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Other than where I've questioned some of the recruiting we did, some of those who we let go to do so and some of the holes I see in our list you're not far off the mark. :lol:

Well, I'd keep my shirt on and make it a better fight than this anyway. ;)

https://frinkiac.com/gif/S05E11/1309641/1313811.gif?b64lines=RGlnIHVwLCBzdHVwaWQh
by HH3
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I love the way SA Footy posters have a copy of Polacs invite list :roll:

Have you got a copy ???

Because if not Booney got an invite.

Sure did and I'll make sure I report back on the crowd number. I'm sure little UK will be interested.

I’m sure if it’s a poor turnout it will be due to opposition fans not rocking up
by UK Fan
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals

Got the dream midfield. Limped into finals. Bombed out again. Got a contract extension.

Hmmmm which other coach does this remind me of?

Got multiple pieces of a puzzle. Made finals. Bombed out. Got a massive contact extension.

Then backed it up with:

Got even more pieces of a puzzle. Was going to finish top 4. Bombed out before the finals to save the heartache. Still sitting on a multi year contract.

In Chris we trust?! :lol:

Hope we get the same level of discussion about Scott then.
by Booney
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final teams.

You'd think the North coaching box would have realized that a "magnet" they had on the bench was picking up a heap of kicks across half back!
by Corona Man
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mots02 wrote:I know the ave IQ of the Alberton crowd is probably on the low end of the curve but calling your own thick is a bit harsh isn't? ;)

... if the shoe fits.. :lol:
by The Bedge
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade + Draft Period 2018

Hannebery will be a Saint definitely

i feel he was more pushed than choosing to leave on his own accord He's basically saying that as well.
yeah, i felt this before he mentioned it yesterday. i really like Dan and has been super for us but his past 2 seasons have been average. Pretty much since the umpire callled play on when that filthy bulldogs sniper took his legs out in the 2016 GF and hurt his knee... Can't believe that wasn't a free kick

At least you've moved on.
by Booney
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 AFL Grand Final

mots02 wrote:
stan wrote:
DOC wrote:You don't have a fork in yet?
Feeling goodish. Had a quiet patch. Big last half coming up.

Put Ina Jack Darling-esce 3rd qtr... just don’t drop a sitter and sealer at th death!
Hahaha yeah man I'm hanging tough. All good.
by stan
Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kochie this trade period

by Jim05
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really more of a #transitclub for players going from their junior club to their AFL club of choice.

Impey >
Trengove >
Young >
Achee >
Austin >
Lobbe >

Pittard >
Polec >
Amon >
Wingard >
Hombsch >

Are you really going to count every player that's left the club or just the ones who you wanted to keep but left anyway?

Ie - Impey, Polec and Wingard.

Trengove, Young, Ah Chee, Austin, Lobbe, Pittard, Hombsch*, Amon*, all knew they weren't going to be playing AFL football at Port.

Its a footy forum, he's gonna count the ones that suit his argument, derrr :lol:
by Bandit
Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Hey Boon, can you get one of your Chinese mates to pop in here?

We're a South Australian business they're f**king in the arse by closing down half of their paper mills.

Cheers

HH3
by HH3
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

The Sydney Swans have today delisted Kurt Tippett.

In keeping with AFL rules and regulations, it is the club’s intention to re-draft Tippett in the upcoming AFL Rookie Draft so that the club can fulfil the terms of an agreed settlement.

Tippett, who retired from AFL football in January 2018 due to injury problems, is not fit for football and has no intention of returning to the AFL.

With this statement we consider the matter closed. No parties will make any further comment.

At least he's close to his family.
by Booney
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018/19 Australian Summer of cricket

David Brent wrote:I'll go 72 if its not too late to get in.

Is this you?

by Lightning McQueen
Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Try and keep this as clear and concise as possible, but won’t lie as it all sinks in I can feel the emotions taking hold.

I sincerely thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your well wishes - whether on here or other avenues.

I love some banter and stirring the pot, especially on here, but truth know matters like this or others close to home cut right through to the core, and do frankly leave me exposed emotionally.

I’ve battled depression & anxiety issues on and off for the best part of half my life now, so many times when I reached the very bottom of lows I often thought “who the **** would care or be there if I needed?!” - over the last 20 hours or so I’ve learned and seen it, and it’s so incredibly humbling and it’s hard to fight back the tears as I post this, but at least I know that people do care.. for whatever reason, whatever relationship or whatever history.

Dribbling on, don’t really know how to comprehend the emotion I’m feeling, but I do think my family need a strong, calm and focused figurehead to work through this and manage as required.

Will pick up the pieces and move forward.. and be better for it.

Thank you so much for all your kind words and support - it means more than many of you may ever realise.
by The Bedge
Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under pressure.......

After catching up on my reading, all I can say is that how can North not be under pressure. Massive $$$ being offered and being turned down then finally landing the big fish in Polec.

Should easily make the finals. Anything less will be a massive failure.

Polec’s not a big fish. Hopefully he’s a good pick up but he’s not a big fish.
Third hardest draw according to Champion Data - I expect to make finals, if not I’m not sure it’s a “massive failure”.

So he's more like crayfish then, it's ok but you pay too much for it?

He's all arms and legs and has S**t for brains?

Took longer than I expected. :D
by Booney
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mots02 wrote:
HH3 wrote:Anyway...

Same time tomorrow boys?

Your fishing brings all the boys to the yard =D>

by HH3
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:Who cares about their history, even Im sick of the Magpie argument, lets just hope they continue to underachieve :)

It’s not their history!
;)
by amber_fluid
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2018-19

mots02 wrote:
He might go west, heading to the redbacks for success makes him the king of wishful thinking though

;)

By the look of the shot he thinks when he hits the ball that we close our eyes.
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - It’s a long way back from 0-2

The South Melbourne Harbour Bridge.
by Spargo
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 4 - Just don't touch anyone

Having watched the last quarter of the GC v Carlton game along with bits and pieces of other games, its never been more apparent that theres about 6 teams too many in the AFL as the difference in talent between the best and the worst players is as wide as the Grand Canyon at its widest point. Members and fans are getting ripped off big time with the sub standard s**t that is being dished up each week. The skills and decision making in that GC / Carlton were quite simply deplorable and is miles from where it should be from so called professional footballers. The AFL is all a huge money making con but as long as fans continue to support it in its current form (and credit to them as no one wants to see their own club fall by the wayside) little will change and to think they're talking about expanding it to 20 teams is beyond belief.
by jackpot jim
Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: wubsy's Sydney Ducks thread!

Gary Rohan (after a lazy 4 goals) “We just love beating Hawthorn” :lol:

:lol:

few swans supporters posting how it's a disgrace we let him go and it was a big mistake by us...

Yesterday would have to be one of the first times in his career he played well in a really big game... I like Gaz, but he isn't a loss.
A bit easier to score goals in a team that tries to score goals.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |