Search found more than 1608 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 19

the punch looked like something out of the wwe and the pies player over sold it. Saying that, it was dumb from Rioli. The action alone will get him a game. Not that he deserves it
by woodublieve12
Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2023/2024

Booney wrote:Image

that's a horrible look into SA's Junior programs or our future
by woodublieve12
Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 20

Errol Gulden had a fair game against the Bombers

The consistent high level that Errol is displaying is very impressive
37 touches at 86% efficiency
725 metres gained
11 score involvements
9 inside 50's and a Goal

Huge game
by woodublieve12
Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

I didn't like that we got him, cause I thought it was too much and also he played for the Hawks. How quickly did he change my opinion of him. Now i am sad that hes done. Worth every single cent the club paid him. Basically carried us to two grand finals and gave so much enjoyment to so many. I don't think there will be anyone like him again. Champion!
by woodublieve12
Mon Jul 31, 2023 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 21

Gulden is a freak...
by woodublieve12
Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

Umpires call........
by woodublieve12
Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

Get your votes in
by woodublieve12
Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Season 2023

Errol my boy. Great to see him in. Sign him up for a 10 year contract ;)
by woodublieve12
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 7

Yes, we have continual work that is required to culture and behavior. We aren't naïve to it, or turning a blind eye. As a club we are constantly trying to improve, do the right things but most of all educate and make our members understand. It's actually not easy.

This year we have experienced incredible growth, and obviously on field success - success that frankly is foreign to a lot of people.. but with winning comes greater attention, scrutiny and often antagonising from opposition. No one gave two shits when we were easy beats, now we are winning. We have members who struggle with that, members who come from low socio-economic backgrounds, members who come from dysfunctional broken families and members who are "old school"... members who struggle to regulate their emotions or feel they need to display some "staunch" persona.

That's not to make excuses for peoples behaviour, drunken carry on, or on / off field incidents - we don't condone it.. but we are trying., and we will continue to try.. and we will weed out the bad eggs in time, and we will hopefully build something sustainable.

Don't claim to be perfect, don't justify peoples actions or behaviours.. but there are a LOT of good people at Ingle Farm, a lot of passionate, hard working people who want to do the right thing and have the best interests of the club, community and competition at heart.. and we have a lot of good people who want the same but aren't very good at knowing how to deliver that or cant regulate their emotions or struggle with zipping their mouths when drinking.

Personally, I think it's great seeing all the clubs in our area having success, I love seeing Para Hills having a good season (as well as Gepps, Kilburn and then up the road Modbury etc).. having been in the same position (as PH) I'm proud of them getting through some tough seasons finally getting reward, and it's good for competition and it's good for our communities.

No one is perfect, especially us.. but we aren't bad either. Please, don't let minorities dictate your perceptions on the club, give the good folk a chance to fix it. The weight of other peoples **** ups at the club sit heavily on the shoulders of those who care and invest effort, not just people involved in any incidents.
Your second paragraph is just excuses. Good clubs weed those out or facilitate change. Winning culture doesn't automatically change how one acts. Also on field success only matters if you are promoted of win a flag
by woodublieve12
Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaza FC - Salary Cap Breaches

“The club vehemently objected to the transfer of a player to another club earlier this year after the player refused $4,000 which was loaned to him for personal reasons.
“The player then decided to treat it as a sign-on fee, but Gaza has evidence to the contrary and never treated it as anything other than an advance.
“This incident has been used as a main pillar of the breaches.”

—————
Loaned !
:lol: :lol:

https://media.tenor.com/Me8VeYte7asAAAAM/laughing-haha.gif
by woodublieve12
Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals Week 2

Port getting the rub from the umpires massively
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:All over.

We've limped into the finals and never had the form to threaten anyone.

Shame on the 10 sides who let us play finals.

Limped?????? You finished 3rd.
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Never really understood the hype around Toby Greene.
Tonight I can see why.

How has it taken you this long?

Don’t watch GWS games ;)

:lol:
I hate the giants but I've enjoyed tonight
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:Never really understood the hype around Toby Greene.
Tonight I can see why.

How has it taken you this long?
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't be a sook???? Glass houses i reckon. I've been a regular poster here for over a decade. Great community. But the one constant is carry on like a pork chop and that's fine but will ban anyone you don't like

Dont criticise people for not liking banter when you cant handle it yourself.

You might get a patronising PM discussing your mental health mate.
Aww, what happened to our agreement?
At least one if us is a man of our word.
Good game tonight sunshine? See my lad holding up the GWS banner?
Here for a hug if you need it you poor bugger. :goodman:
Wedgie is a real give it but not take it kind of operator
by woodublieve12
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote:I know, I'm always giving! :lol:

Soon you'll realise we aren't laughing with you. More at you. You've ruined this site
by woodublieve12
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wedgie wrote::lol:

Geezus, Gen Y!
I'll give you a hug mate,

Rather you didn't. I'd prefer if you didn't keep loving yourself so much. Maybe in your next admin post, say you want to step down
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't be a sook???? Glass houses i reckon. I've been a regular poster here for over a decade. Great community. But the one constant is carry on like a pork chop and that's fine but will ban anyone you don't like

Dont criticise people for not liking banter when you cant handle it yourself.
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geezus, imagine being a Power fan, follow a franchise that destroyed a proud club and keep falling over when it counts.
I'd almost feel sorry for them if they had morals [emoji38]
#119 Better than being an alcoholic Geelong supporter

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Disagreed!
Happy Birthday to me! Awesome day! 8)
There's a big big sound........ :)
I reckon if someone wrote that about Geelong they would've been banned on here.
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know, I'm always giving! :lol:
Soon you'll realise we aren't laughing with you. More at you. You've ruined this site
I know, I've ruined it for 18 years! :lol:
Anywhoo.....
Nah it was great. Loved it. On a Saturday night talking shit with other posters. But as times gone by this site has become stale. People can't really be themselves just in case you don't like it. More a dictatorship then whatever this place was before. If this site fails. It's on you. No one else. Keep bagging others and continue to shut people down. Good job champ
by woodublieve12
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2023 AFL GF

Anyone who questions selwoods courage is an idiot
by woodublieve12
Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Sutton and wyc put in section 3 is pretty embarrassing for the comp
by woodublieve12
Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mens ICC Cricket World Cup, India 2023.

I don't mind a mankad if a batsman is deliberately gaining an advantage, have to admit though the Sri Lanka player didn't look like he was doing a whole lot wrong, very borderline.
You clearly didn't watch the first over when Starc was stopping in his action to remind Perera to stay in his crease until he releases the ball, Perera was a fair distance out and not looking when Starc was releasing the ball. It is not difficult for a batsmen to keep his bat (or body) grounded inside the popping crease (while backing up) until bowler releases the ball. The second time around Perera was fine but still wasn't looking when Starc was getting into his bowling action.
zero issue with Mankad. i am a batsman too, shouldn't even be a controversial take.
by woodublieve12
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Punt Club wash up

gee, i totally misread the title of this thread :shock: :lol:
by woodublieve12
Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA

Jesus!!! He is a great man

He literally wore shorts his whole cricket career. Plympton's leading wicket taker. And top 3 all time football games played for the club.
by woodublieve12
Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Celebrity Casualties

I honestly had to look this one up. Had not heard of him or his show

pardon

https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/files/thumbor/nUYFehIK8HnWRx-FOxap1OVzgp8=/fit-in/500x281/top/filters:format_auto():upscale()/2014/09/28/176/n/1922283/1949590b559e2762_tumblr_n07wf3RLDl1qhz95yo1_500.gif
by woodublieve12
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Booney wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:Brighton Metro for the feeding trough tonight, wish me luck. Review to follow.

a lot better then Charlies, but quite expensive

Wait, isn't it one and the same? We're doing the buffet.

it is. But better quality i reckon
by woodublieve12
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Calling all Phil's and Springer's, How do you deal with an office romance? Have some massive mutual tension at work with a colleague without getting too physical , feel like I need to leave the joint to stop thinking about her, both of us married :o ?

:shock:

Don't shit where you eat! Feel sorry for your wife
by woodublieve12
Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

On to the 3rd episode of Chernobyl. Having very little knowledge of what happened there. Absolutely horrific, what happened, not the show. Highly recommend it.
by woodublieve12
Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian International Summer 2023/24

mal wrote:I can recall a game , by mutual consent with the opposition captain, we stopped a game to listen to the Caulfield Cup

yeah same :lol:
by woodublieve12
Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

3 years with my partner. Couldn't be happier.
by woodublieve12
Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

I think the support police get is atrocious. The fact they have a hotline which they can only call at certain times and not a physical person in each station is a disgrace. Thoughts are with her family and friends.
by woodublieve12
Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I just did a quick and dirty loan serviceability calculator at ING

On $45K per year, a single person could borrow $143,000. Two kids on $45K each, with $1800 per month expenses, can borrow $336,000. You're not getting anything for that...
You be thinking/hoping kids who have saved for a number of years (min 5) for a decent deposit would be on more than $45k a year

Are they paying rent or board, bills at this time???
by woodublieve12
Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 23/24

Serious question... As someone who doesn't care for big bash, i've always wondered about the "passion levels" for following a team. Do you really care if the strikers lose? like you do if your footy teams lose, and when you go to the games are you going for a night out or you are genuinely there to support and care for the result?
by woodublieve12
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wanna live in some of the you guys fantasy lands. Would be a delight not to struggle from pay check to paycheck :lol: ;)
by woodublieve12
Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wanna live in some of the you guys fantasy lands. Would be a delight not to struggle from pay check to paycheck :lol: ;)

Define struggle?
I’m sure it’s a hell of a lot different now to what we had versus our parents.

I think it's impossible to compare.

My mum raised me 90% of the time. And i know it was bloody tough for her. But saying that, i know on my wage now it's bloody hard for me...

True but we have far more luxuries than what our parents did.
And our kids have far more than us and so on .

Agreed. I think as parents we over compensate because we like to give the kids what we never had.
by woodublieve12
Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 50 in Adelaide, when you remembe

when my 15 year old step son ask me what is this "fruita" drink in the fridge.

Liquid gold is what it is....
by woodublieve12
Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is awesome by this young side. Great response after adelaide
by woodublieve12
Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We will win this. But I love this windies side. I said it earlier but their response after Adelaide has be in awesome.
by woodublieve12
Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just heard on SEN that Tim Paine wasn't a fan of past players cheering for the Windies.
I'm fairly sure the cheering for the Windies is more based on how good it is to see some competitive cricket and how hopeful we all are that this may be the start of a new era for Windies cricket.
Cricket had missed a competitive Windies team in recent years.

i love Australia. But i was cheering for the Windies. How could you not? They responded after one of the worst loses, played with incredible confidence, very likable players and sheer toughness in the end with one of the best displays of grit in cricket in some time...
Great for cricket
by woodublieve12
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just heard on SEN that Tim Paine wasn't a fan of past players cheering for the Windies.
I'm fairly sure the cheering for the Windies is more based on how good it is to see some competitive cricket and how hopeful we all are that this may be the start of a new era for Windies cricket.
Cricket had missed a competitive Windies team in recent years.

i love Australia. But i was cheering for the Windies. How could you not? They responded after one of the worst loses, played with incredible confidence, very likable players and sheer t
oughness in the end with one of the best displays of grit in cricket in some time...
Great for cricket

It seems plenty of people were cheering for the Windies this weekend in view of the Aust Day comments made by members of the Aust Test team. I'm hearing the word "karma" in a lot of conversations today and it seems that the popularity of the Aust Test team may have returned to the levels seen immediately after the South African Sandpaper Gate scandal.

Ummm, yeah that wasn't why i was going for the windies. Karma has nothing to do with it. I personally don't understand why people got so mad about what cummins said. He was asked a question and answered it.
by woodublieve12
Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wasn't mad with Pat's comments.

I was upset with Cricket Australia issuing an instruction to delete all references to Australia Day.

Listening to the commentators say 'this public holiday Friday', and phrases like that, rather than Australia Day, irked me.

People can support changing the date, while still acknowledging that the current date is Jan 26th .

If Cricket Australia doesn't want to have anything to do with Australia Day, then they shouldn't schedule cricket on Jan 26th.

Agreed. But has to work the other way too. Understanding why some people want the date changed.

Tolerance on both sides
by woodublieve12
Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Booney wrote:25th Wedding anniversary today.

Congratulations mate. This is awesome

I love love
by woodublieve12
Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round < 1

Grundy has been exceptional
by woodublieve12
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1*

Armchair expert wrote:Heeney the most overrated player of all time

Good mark thats about it

Dumbest post I've seen on here I reckon.
by woodublieve12
Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 1*

carey wrote:
Booney wrote:Can't decide if Papley shits me or not.

He is the Temu version Darren Bewick

Actually lol'd. I'll pay that
by woodublieve12
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2024

I don't care what anyone says, but today's game is faster, more skilled, stronger bodies, bigger hits and harder hits than any time of our games history. Yeah the rule changes suck, but a side from today, would smash every decade that proceeded it
by woodublieve12
Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Also maybe do some research. It was imposed by the AFL and got taken away when clubs like.yours bitched and moaned cause we were successful... Sad thing is from.your point of view is, nothing has changed from cows point of view. Atleast port are consistent

Imagine sooking this much ;)
Not sooking. We haven't cried so much rules were changed. Remember when you guys offered.brown paper bags to tippet and camps?
I know.we joke around, but I find it funny when someone who supports a club who has openly been racist talks about integrity and rules. Just a bit rich

You made a joke.
I returned with a joke.

That’s how this site works.

Don’t read too much into anything else. I’m more than aware of the crows mistakes and flaws - including when we are being hypocritical.

This wasn’t one of those times.
Genuinely sorry mate. No intent to be rude. Have a rough trot and i vented on here. May have got a bit defensive
by woodublieve12
Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |