Search found more than 3014 matches

Return

Re: Things that you don't understand

What is happening? I don't like change!

:lol:

I hate change more than anyone! I've been using this new layout for about 3 or 4 weeks and there are still certain things I do the old way out of habit and then realise it's not there anymore, I have to re-train my brain :lol: ! In saying that - I'm not the brightest spark when it comes to interwebby things, so you lot will probably get it in no time! ;)

I do love the like button and the recent topic replies - and the fact that ALL The smilies are back! :partyman: :YMPARTY: :-BD

I like that all the links boxed up at the bottom of the page too, including the Facebook and Tweeter links. It looks a lot more spread out.

Well done Diss - he's spent A LOT of time on this so you lot better bloody appreciate it!
by Footy Chick
Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Dogwatcher wrote:I think he meant the old bit was derogatory.

Little from column A, little from column B

Hey look! This smiley is back! :finga:

*Yes, I know I'm old
by Footy Chick
Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Bouncing_Tits.gif
by Psyber
Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

The story of Jackie Robinson the first African American major league baseballer
by Hazbeen
Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Go Plympton!! DIV 3 Now good luck to my former team mates and footy club.
by Bully
Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buddy off to Sydney...Swans!

What's going on? Has everyone calmed down now? That's disappointing.
by The Sleeping Giant
Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

I see Adelaide still haven't worked out this trading caper yet. All they rely on is the go home factor.

We'll see how $ydney/ GWS/Gold Coast handle the trading caper when they have the same cap to spend as everyone else

Swans will be fine... Everyone wants to be a swan :D

Kidding yourself if you think that GWS/Suns wont have a slasry cap advantage.
Mumford, Everitt, White, Reid beg to differ. And thats just this year, how many wont fit in next year and the year after and the year after and the year after and the year after and the year after and the year after and the year after and the year after.
Can't wait for the glory days of the early 90's to return in about 4 years time.

What about the year after that?
by The Sleeping Giant
Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hahahahaha!! Days you make me chuckle...

i doubt there will be as many tears as you have had over your ex mate Lance, who went from being your hero to a spud in a 24 hour period or 2012 GF... Red hot faves and couldn't get the job done...

Really hope Lance doesnt do an ACL any time soon and by soon i mean Sunday
by daysofourlives
Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would of liked to of seen Simon Black go around for another year.

Was an absolute champion
by Johno6
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:
Dissident wrote:And Dal Santo off to the Roos

Bugger. Not sure what we see in him.

Maybe he knows how to play well in the last three minutes of games
by Dissident
Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Bombers v Cows in Round 1, playing for the annual Trigg/Hird Integrity Cup
by Jim05
Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buddy off to Sydney...Swans!

Thanks guys. Was starting to think you had moved on.
by The Sleeping Giant
Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not sure if it's been discussed much on here, but can someone please explain to me how Collingwood got pick 11 for thomas and the hawks got pick 19??? There is no chance Daisy is better then Buddy... Doesn't seem to make sense...
Its worked out on a complicated formula and then Andy D looks over it and if you are one of his golden clubs you get looked after with a good pick
by Jim05
Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

I honestly don't see any rational argument for people not thinking allowing same sex marriage is a good idea. Unless you are homophobic.

The main issue I have with religious groups saying that same sex marriage undermines the sanctity of marriage is that they ignore the fact that divorce rates have skyrocketed, and there are people out there that are on their 4th marriage etc. or like Britney Spears and only last a few weeks or whatever. All of those things undermine the sanctity of marriage much more than two people who happen to be of the same sex getting married.

The current liberal argument for opposing this law makes me so angry. They say there should be a congruent set of laws over marriage in Australia. And while I actually agree with that, it sidesteps the issue that YOU D*ckheads are now in government? Fking change the law at the commonwealth level!

Lastly, with regards to the debate about same sex couples having access to IVF, I think they should be allowed to. At the present time a single mother can also have access, which is surely a worse situation than having two loving parents. Not to mention 15 year olds can have babies whenever they want so they can get a new tv. Or just because they are careless. IVF is a massive commitment, financially and also in terms of how stressful it would be. And it has to be a choice of the parents. Surely this puts them in a better position than the 15 year old that gets knocked up

Well said.

Without wanting to pigeonhole any religious users of this forum, they're just as inclined to commit adultery, rape, indecent acts against children and people in general, and other crimes as non-believers.

Having done the majority of my schooling in the private system, I couldn't believe the level of homophobia, bigotry and sexism many of my teachers tried to pass on to us. But that's not to say all religious people are like that. In fact, some of the most open-minded, caring and compassionate people I have ever met have faith in one god or another. But there are also a great deal on non-religious types who are as bad as some faith-based folk.

What I'm trying to say is that like Pierre Trudeau once said "there's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" and "what's done in private between adults doesn't concern the Criminal Code".
by Failed Creation
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Footy Chick wrote:Next doors little yapper Jack Russell escaping and attacking Fat Cat in MY back yard.

I'll be sticking the vet bill under their door :?

You should be upset that your Fat Cat couldn't tear a Jack Russell to shreds!

( I hope Fat Cat is ok )
by Booney
Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I haven't moved for 3 hours.
by Spargo
Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Arcade Games

Just bought (well, used credit card reward points) one of these for my android tab - awesome!

by zipzap
Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

am Bays wrote:The so called "footy experts" on here and other sites guessing/specualting who the Glenelg coach is.

NFI!

I know. Anyone who knows anything about football is wasting their expertise on Glenelg.

:D
by Booney
Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Rest of Australia feels the same way about port v crows.
by The Sleeping Giant
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Brett Kirk was a better contributor to Sydney than Alpaca Head will ever be at the Saints, and he had nowhere near the talent.

Plus he didn't sook or get his schlong out for photos shoots, or condone hanging out with schoolgirls.

St Kilda will never sort out their culture as the whole club reeks and the stinky bits will always win out in the end.
by dedja
Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Failed creations gifs he uses as his avatars. find them amusing

Cheers, mate.

I like to entertain. ;)

The amount of time I waste trying to get good gifs is shocking...
by Failed Creation
Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Chiropractor near Marion?

That's what physio's do.

IMO:
Chiro's = quacks
Physio's = professionals

PhysioExtra, Marion Rd opposite the pub
Physio Action Brighton Rd Hove
Physio Solutions Brighton Rd South Brighton

it's interesting isn't it....If it wasn't for chiro's I wouldn't be walking today

IMO it's the type of chiro you get that makes the difference. Yes, 1 might be a shonk but then that will go for any practitioner group.

For what it's worth, I've used physio's to rehabilitate my shoulder after I did it playing footy. I used one on my knee and he was extracting dollars out of my wallet for no good at all. He said that I had muscular issues in the knee when I had torn the cartildge. So I see benefit in physio's for muscular, tendon and ligament problems, chiro's for structural and nerve issues.
by gadj1976
Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Tony Armstrong is a magpie... :lol: great pick up :lol: maxwell won't be the worse player there now, well it will probably be a tie

Maxwell will be slighty *better, as he will be the one getting a game.

*- In no way does this comment reflect admiration for Maxwells footballing ability :lol:
by valleys07
Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Collingwood have also announced that Tony Armstrong will be Vice-Captain next year.
by scoob
Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

I cant believe this is still going! Surely not matter what your opinion is its done and dusted shouldn't all just move on?
by carey
Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ASCA 2013/14.

Lucky For Some wrote:What a crap argument, 600 off 60 overs is an absolute p!ss take.

by Magnum Force
Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

So does anyone know which teams will be in div 7 next season yet??

CUFC will be..they would start as favorites with HDFC and SFC right behind them..mark garner going to SFC..

is BS

a bloke wipes chocolate on an umps door so the whole club gets punished with a premiership the next season, great yeah ingle farm here we go again

http://perfectlycursedlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/41806-Emma-Stone-are-you-crying-gif-71rm.gif
by zedman
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many people there are in this world that cant give up 1 minute of their day to respect our fallen.

Seriously....
by valleys07
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

That is one of the best movie previews ever. Will you please post that to my Facebook so I can share it and save the world from Thor 2
by wristwatcher
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott Watch

It's not inexperience, he's just an idiot
by RustyCage
Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tony don't look down the camera lens and tell me "YOU VOTED FOR ME AND I WILL DELIVER"
Get this clear I did not vote for you or anything you stand for!
by shoe boy
Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The future of West Adelaide.

I'm sensitive to spelling.
If you're going to take the piss, at least get your spelling right.

If you're going to have a go at someone's spelling i suggest you spell EVERYTHING correctly. :D

I was being colloqiual (and laughing at myself).
Whoever created that meme and spelt sensitive wrong is just an idiot.
by Dogwatcher
Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Hawk supporters on afl facebook page saying Buddy is overrated, however if i said that six months ago thos same supporters would have said i was talking rubbish... Gold!! :lol:

Has to be rated 1st before he can be overrated ;)
by daysofourlives
Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

woodublieve12 wrote:we're the millers... thought it was good... Jennifer Aniston, like a fine wine...

Best left in the cellar?
by Failed Creation
Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:i will stand by my words by repeating he will be our worst PM EVER!!!

W12 He already is!!
by shoe boy
Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Blocking the move why didn't we think of that. Come back Sando, Milburn, Scarlo, Mooney, Hinkley, McCartney, Thompson....

He's already gone blocking won't change that. Foolish move by Koch.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

I am hearing there have been some handy signings out at Eastern Park. Dene Steele signed from Brahma Lodge last night (must like playing against SW) and a heap of young lads re-committed, should be very competitive next season i would of thought.
Hey cossi, isn't it about time you updated your signature to this year's grand final score? ;)
by S Demon
Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bully wrote:so Julia was not the worst PM ever then?

Not even close to Tony and his band of clowns.
by shoe boy
Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

soup-sounds.jpg
by HH3
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bully wrote:Yeah, its abbotts fault on the spying. The night he won the election he setup phone tapping with our neighbours as soon as he stepped off the platform announcing his win.

So it wasn't done via the Boat Phone? ;)
by Gozu
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Remind us how great the labor party was in their 6 years ??
Wayne swann was a much better treasurer for sure ;)
Interested to hear your response shoe boy ??

As prior to the election "what is so wrong with this great country"
The best country on the planet and the envy of many economy's
Low unemployment
Low inflation
Steady growth
Triple A rating
And a democracy that allows a circus like Abbott just for a laugh :D
by shoe boy
Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Is Lucas Neil the biggest sook in Australia sport at the moment?

He is, but's let us not forget just how precious professional athletes are.

Poor souls, all that money to stay super fit and do what they love, travel the world, barely put their hand in their pocket for anything, ever and then on top of that they have to tolerate being "booed" from time to time. Not because the public want to "boo" them as such, but there's no chance of scaling the ivory tour to actually speak to them so "booing" from the terraces is the only way the public can voice displeasure at comments they have made during those ever so tiresome 15 minute pressers.

Oh how my heart ******* bleeds.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The same dickheads that yell stupid things out to cops crying over the cop saying something back. Expect to be treated the same as you treat other people.

Scumbags annoy me.
by HH3
Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Batsmen will make mistakes early in their innings, been happening since the game began. No matter the deck or the attack, you're going to get out early at times. What kills you though is when blokes get a start and don't go on with it. Warner, Watson and now Smith all batted for a while and score just over 100 between them when 200 would be a pass for 3 international batsmen.

I've reserved judgement on Watson at 3, but now I've decided he's just not the man. He's a prodigious talent with bat in hand, but he seems to be able to attack or defend. There's no middle ground where he can make runs safely all day that a true #3 can do. Batted himself into a hole then got out. I'm with Ponting on this one, Clarke needs to be our #3 .

A lot riding on Haddin and Johnson here. Thankfully they both have the ability and record to do it, but 1 more and things look really dire.

Too gutless to bat at 3.
by scoob
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why can't some **** keep their mouth shut?

The cyclist could have avoided being told off by the big, bad policeman if he could just learn to zip it.

People like him are often the ones who blame the police for everything, and there's a ton of that shit on social media and the internet in general.

Bravo to the policeman for telling that little skid mark where to go.
by Failed Creation
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cyclist has a point, why don't the police go catch some actual criminals. The law requiring cyclists to wear a helmet is total ridiculous. The only person that is going to be worse off if the cyclist doesn't wear a helmet is the cyclist in the case of an accident. Its their own fault if they crash. If people want to take the risk and not wear a helmet it should be their choice not to.

The law exists, the police officer is there to enforce it.

How many parts of your job do you think are a bit pointless, but you do it anyway because its your job.

They can't pick and choose the laws they enforce, the same way people shouldn't think they can pick and choose the ones they want to follow.

Plus this **** head is obviously a repeat offender of laws serious enough for him to be locked up "like last time". The cop knows who he is and has probably had to deal with him a fair bit. Of course he's going to get frustrated with him at some point.
by HH3
Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The cyclist has a point, why don't the police go catch some actual criminals. The law requiring cyclists to wear a helmet is total ridiculous. The only person that is going to be worse off if the cyclist doesn't wear a helmet is the cyclist in the case of an accident. Its their own fault if they crash. If people want to take the risk and not wear a helmet it should be their choice not to.

Disagree with this, I don't know about you but I would feel pretty shit if I was driving and hit a cyclist killing them regardless of who was at fault. Not to mention the family of the cyclist who have to deal with a sudden loss. The victim being recognised as a selfish idiot doesn't help anyone else involved in the incident.

At the end of the day he was breaking a law and therefore is a criminal. If the guy has a history of it the cop was doing him a favour not just locking him up straight away.

I hope the cop sues him for breach of privacy. If he didn't notify him that he was being recorded then he didn't obtain permission to use it then he probably has a case to answer. Why do you think all companies have to advise people their phone call may be recorded?
by Zelezny Chucks
Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |