Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: JUNIOR FOOTBALL

We all know scores aren't kept in subbies (officially), but how do people feel about the kids singing their club song after an 'unofficial" win? Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as the team goes about it the right way. Interested to hear what other think.

I have always thought that BOTH teams should sing the club song after the game in Subbies, whether you "win" or "lose" (and I certainly thought that was the case in my club). If you are not keeping scores, it's all about kids celebrating the a game of footy ...
by Dazza44
Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Look Good In Leather wrote:The question stated "in the past 25 years"

Yes, and previous answers referred to clubs that entered 28 years ago and in the 80's ... so didn't think one more piece of missing info would offend your sensibilities so much LGIL. So sorry for the offence.
by Dazza44
Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

I don't normally like to comment on other league pages, and I won't make any comment on any of the other bizarre decisions in the Mount Compass saga, but I am so bewildered by the situation with Thomas Dix that I just had to put in my 2 cents worth !!
Thomas Dix is clearly shown in the records as having last played in Southern Football League on 18th May 2019. No matter what method you use to determine the "24 month" rule (elapsed time or full seasons), there is NO WAY 24 months had elapsed before he was registered to play at Mount Compass - given that he played for them on 24th April 2021.
It is simple maths, no interpretation required if you read the rules.
There is therefore no possible way that Thomas Dix could be a 0 point player. If the club allocated him as 0 points, they were in error under the rules, and if the League approved that allocation they are also clearly in error.

No surprise that there has been no explanation or justification at all for this one ... there could not possibly be one !
by Dazza44
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Just wondering what you see is incorrect in the tables SB ?? Haven't looked super closely at them, and all I can see is the always-annoying use of the Victorian "ratio" instead of the correct Percentage as we in SA have always used ....

Add 1 point to Noarlunga and remove 1 from M/Vale plus percentage at an average of round 2[/quote]

Clearly I must have missed something as the ladders look correct viz a viz points / win / loss. Why is a 1 point correction required?[/quote]

The round 2 game v M/Vale was ruled a covid forfeit.
This has been decided one point each club with percentage at average of round 2.
How long does it take!!!!![/quote]

I wasn't aware of that decision, the last I saw it was deemed a forfeit as shown in the ladders.
If that was the decision then I agree that the ladder should have been adjusted immediately. Simply not fair to spring a surprise (to everyone other than NFC) adjustment late in the season.
Seems there's a distinct lack of transparency here ....
by Dazza44
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |