Search found 10 matches

Return

Re: Ch9AFL Division 4 - 2017

Hey Burra boys were you there in 2006 when the Roos gave the girls a place to play ......if you were you have forgotten your history.... i was because i was one off the football members who helped the girls out .... also the coach Brian Higgins who coached them for 4/5/ years ...... there Best & Fairest is named after a ROOS club legend Billy Chester ...... these ladies have created a great club with the help off many loyal Morphettville Park people ..... All clubs within the Roos have there own committees ...football/netball/ cricket ...... and all work together ....
Should'nt there be another page for this topic?

Yea we need to get back to talking about North Havens flag favouritism
by Wilbur
Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2017

North Haven would be hoping Eastern Park get up this week I would think. Eastern Park were never in it on the weekend, their skills were pretty ordinary. Cullen had a heap of it but didn't do much with it. Cochiarro and Merrett could not be stopped.

Rumour has it EP brought a B grader into the ones for finals. The fella in question would have to be one of the heaviest footballer's I've ever seen. The only time he got off the ground he injured his ankle and had to be helped off (I think everyone was happy the stretcher wasn't required). I anticipate his selection was to quell Murnane's influence in the middle, but you have to question his selection on such a big deck, he could not cover the ground at all.

Great turn out from Haven's point of view, triple header with three wins would've made a bit of coin for the club I'm sure.

Good effort by Tylor and the playing group to finally get out of Div 4.
by Wilbur
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2017

Not sure if correct or not but looking at the League scores, Henley kicked the 1st 8 goals of the game against Athelstone and then duly lost,

Big upset if thats the case 8.0 to no score at qtr time. Only kicked 2 goals after that time. How does that happen[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge result. Anyone think PHOS could get the job done over the Sharks this week? Huge choke and waste of a year for the HFC if they go down.
by Wilbur
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

The Bedge wrote:What better way to improve your standing and reputation down Port way, than to appoint a respected former Pt Adel premiership player as head coach..

Good appointment by Rosewater.

Thanks Perth
by Wilbur
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Whose idea was this? And for what reasons?

Seems an odd call to me. The strong get stronger.

It's because C/D grades are in our comp, who have been able to field 7 on the bench for a while now. Thus it is extended to all teams competing.

TBH, it's probably not much fun for coaches juggling rotations, but it allowed us give a few more a game this week.

I can certainly understand why it would come in for the B grades, but my opinion is that the A grade should be limited to 21 players.
by Wilbur
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 2 - 2018

Jimmy_041 wrote:I went a watched Iggies v SPOC yesterday
Going to need a lot of 190cm defenders when you play SPOC
They have some serious firepower with Shooter still to come in

That ground (Old Igs) has to have gone from worst in the SAAFL to the best.
by Wilbur
Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2018

Rated Scotch as the team/club to beat this season and it was a very good come from behind win by our 1's today. Felt like Scotch just completely stopped in the last quarter and our boys had all the momentum. While Rolfe played well and stood out Durdin was well held. Their 2's were the best side we've played in quite some time. Thought it was good to get them in round 1 to see where our club is at.

i agree, scotch stopped playing to the same structures they were playing in the first half.. which really was a credit to your mob. one thing i will say about the scotch group is there was 10 new players in the team who hadn't played together before so might take a little while to gel. I can see North haven and Scotch having some good encounters later in the year too

No shame to losing to North Haven at their deck, it's not often that travelling teams get up there.
by Wilbur
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

He's classed as a 2 pointer, apparently he didnt really fall specifically into any other category because he only played B grade in the NTFL during the summer (or something like that)

huh?

http://websites.sportstg.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=190673032&client=1-2860-88795-465926-26064016&ocompID=465926

motlop didnt play any B grade..he played div 1 in 2017/2018..its because the NTFL is for some reason not regarded as a competition worthy of points and it then goes back to the one game he played somewhere in SA in 2016 or similar..makes him 3 then drop 1 for nothing in 2017 = 2..

My understanding is that the NTFL is made up of three divisions only: Premier, Div 1 and Div 2.

Div 1 is the B grade comp for the Premier clubs and the Div 2 comp used if they have a C grade.
by Wilbur
Fri May 04, 2018 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Life ban

Anyone else find it interesting that Callum Hay has now been selected in the AdFL rep squad?
by Wilbur
Wed May 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |