Search found 23 matches

Return

Re: 60 Greatest cartoons of all time

What? No Hong Kong Phooey?
by zipzap
Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Grand Final underlights on a Friday night?

Ideally I'd prefer a Saturday arvo to the Sunday evening it is now. Saturday night of the long weekend, after the ressies game lead ups would be a worthy experiement. But I'm beyond worrying about things like this...don't dangle proposals in front of us AFLSA, just tell us what you are going to do, clearly the mug punters will have no say anyway
by zipzap
Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Arcade Games

Just bought (well, used credit card reward points) one of these for my android tab - awesome!

by zipzap
Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Wedgie wrote:Noooooooo. Keep avatars on the right please, it is such an improvement on my phone having them on the right so I don't have to see them and all the useless info and just have the text of the post in my screen.

That's why tapatalk is so good
by zipzap
Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

So will there still be only 18 games? Eagles 2014 membership is out and season ticket is same price as last year ($170 - apparently a saving of $198 off rrp...). Maths clearly not the strong suit of the membership people at the Eagles.

Will they reduce normal ticket price from $14?

Less games, same price - good luck to you.

Sturt's equivalent membership has increased to a staggering $215 :shock:

How else do you think all your Port Adelaide recruits are going to be paid, dog Sh!t?

There's a difference between training in it and being treated like it.
by zipzap
Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

Sadly I'm going to be with TSG, Pseudo, CSBowes and lots of others this year. I love my club but not the choices it's made that has lead to the shambles of a league it's now playing in. Had a phone call from the club responding to some of my criticisms, explaining the huge price jump and encouraging me (and all family members) to rejoin despite my reservations about the Crows / Power debacle. Leaving aside the fact I'm still reeling from the AwFL decision my club was party to, the simple fact of the matter is the maths doesn't add up, for me at least as I choose not to go to the training cone games: $215 for 14 games is just nonsensical. If it wasn't for the enjoyable social aspect of watching the footy with mates, and the fact that my young lad is loving discovering footy, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for something else to do on the weekends.
by zipzap
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Booing a team wearing the state Guernsey... that's weird.
Imagine the reaction in WA if the Weagles tried this on? Disgraceful and arrogant, as ever
by zipzap
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 5 - North v Sturt @ Prospect Oval (Sat 3/5)

With North's form and coming up against the Power sloppy seconds the following week, Sturt will have to be at their best to avoid the reverse of the 3 wins in a row.
by zipzap
Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt - Post Match wrap up

Absolute dog act in slo-mo
by zipzap
Mon May 12, 2014 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Smoke and mirrors. I'll eat my hat if crowds at Unley at least haven't been the lowest seen there in years
by zipzap
Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Sat T 2

Just got back from Noarlunga and watching on tv. Two questions. What is going on with the Parade turf? Surely not up to AFL standards the Ravens boys would surely demand? And is there actually ANY representation from the SANFL's most supported team? The silence is deafening
by zipzap
Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

Walking in to the ground yesterday my mate and I were reflecting on how, for us at least, it has been the least enjoyable season in recent memory. Between the three of us who go it would be the lowest turnout in a decade due to factors explained by Pseudo. Even when I'm there the passion is not the same. If it wasn't for my son I would have gone a lot less.

The big test however is coming...I'm genuinely confused about how to approach the finals. The double header next week stands to be good, might even restore some faith in the SANFL.

But beyond that...what would a finals win or loss against the Power reserves - a team whose existence in the SANFL is a means to an entirely different end - actually mean? Especially should it be in the GF? A loss would be infuriating, a win somehow hollow.

Despite choosing not to attend any of the training cone games I don't think I could deprive my lad of seeing his team in the finals. But if Sturt doesn't make it through, our tradition of going to the GF as neutrals, in a celebration of SA footy no matter what the team, will not be honoured if the Power reserves are there. Flame away, that's just how I feel.
by zipzap
Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Qualifying Final - Norwood v Sturt @ AO (Sat T 30/8)

Will we be told when to clap and how loudly? Will the Eddie* pocket be colour coded?

*Fry
by zipzap
Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sat 6/9)

Onya Panthers, thoroughly deserved today. Sturt were beyond insipid. Hope you guys smash the oiks next week
by zipzap
Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The SANFL is saved! We have a new logo

More nails in an already heavily-lidded coffin. I despair I really do.
by zipzap
Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Girl from North Adelaide FC rang me up today asking why I hadnt renewed my membership for the first time in over 30 years.
I said it was because I've become disenchanted with the competition because of the AFL clubs presence in the comp, she gave me the impression that was the issue with others she was contacting too.
I haven't renewed my Sturt membership this year either, normally a season member, and got a call from the club a few weeks ago. I told them I'm disillusioned with the comp and where it's heading, every year there's something more that undermines its integrity and that every proposed change I've been told about (from people at Sturt), has amounted to nothing and that tells me that the clubs want changes but they're being suppressed or overruled. I also said that if no one in power, in the media or in a position to argue for change and stand up for the integrity of the comp chooses to remain silent then why should I spend my hard earned?
This doesn't sit well with me and it nags at my conscience, I've given the reserves teams a fair go and hate going to those games, I've remained a member through that time all the while hoping for some sort of correction but nothing. Mates have stopped their membership once the reserves teams came in as a protest, now I can't see what else I can do to show my concern and displeasure.
The bloke on the phone expressed similar thoughts and that nothing will change.

Feel the same but bought a 3 game membership out of guilt / loyalty and because the sheer amount of disruptive byes and AFL practice games (byes) makes buying a season membership non-viable. Mates I go with have either done the same or have dropped membership altogether.
by zipzap
Thu May 26, 2016 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 - Who Cares Cup @ Alberton Sunday

Younie left the game at 3 qtr time to go to the main event. Cnut.
by zipzap
Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R18 - Who Cares Cup @ Alberton Sunday

To be fair, even the usually sycophantic commentators were gobsmacked
by zipzap
Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crows are 'lucky' they've had a good run with injuries unlike poor old South. Hmmm...if South had a tenth of the rehab facilities that the Crows enjoy and if it's players didn't have to front up for proper work the following Monday instead of getting tattoos and playing PS4 then perhaps they might have stood a chance.
by zipzap
Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL centric TV

The SA media mentions nothing beyond Port and the Crows so why should we expect anything else from over the border?
by zipzap
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well we've got no hope of promoting the SANFL with the insane media coverage for the AFL (or is it sponsorship these days?? ) . Last night watching the Channel 7 nightly news, the first story was about a homicide. A young man lost his life and Police are investigating. The second story was, lo and behold, Eddie Betts has had an appendix operation, a relatively straightforward procedure these days. The roving reporter stood outside the hospital and gave the solemn news. Stories like serious claims about ambulance shortages came later. Maybe we really are an odd town.

Try listening to Tom Renn on 5AA in the mornings. Wimbledon may be on, the Socceroos might be playing a last-ditch qualifier, Australian cricket might be about to implode....but never before 'the Crows hit the training track' :twisted:
by zipzap
Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL CEO Jake Parkinson Announces Resignation

Right, first order of business for the new CEO then: change it back to the ******* S.A.N.F.L.
by zipzap
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |