Return

Re: Good Movies

Watching the big lebowski at the moment. Such an awesome movie
by bennymacca
Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Is there any chance that the avatars might be shifted back to the left hand side at all?
by RB
Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Just bought Batman Arkham Origins today and started playing it tonight and loving it all ready!! :D
by The Dark Knight
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Congratulations beenreal, I honestly can say I think that last line is the best troll I've ever seen on this site and you've beaten some high quality opposition too! :lol:
by Wedgie
Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ron Fuller to Coach Sturt U18s

was he on the selection panel?
by dedja
Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What is the best South Australian Song of all time??

Good list.

I saw the Pharaohs at the BDO. Blew me away.
Loved the Mandlebrot Set and saw Flat Stanley a couple of times.

I could add Jump to Fly (?) by Colourwheel. Loved that track.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd rather see the extra money spent on interstate AFL memberships put back in to an SANFL club. At least an SA AFL club some of that money is retained in this state.

For example, 5500 SA based Bombers memberships going towards building a shiny new building at Windy Hill and a batch of the latest peptides, yippee. All so you can do a fist pump on the lounge and feel a part of it?

Perhaps if the interstate clubs put a percentage of members money from the state they receive towards grass roots footy in that state it might be of benefit? Or does that happen already? If so, I digress.

Of course people can do what they like with their own money, but I find it a shame that for most their AFL team that they once followed for the hell of it and secondary to their SANFL team has now become number 1 at the expense of their SANFL team. This is every bit a factor in belittling the SANFL as Crows Reserves sides are.
Well Aerie, I love the Blues. This alone was enough, but throw that streak by Helen Domenico in the 82 grand final, and it's hard to ignore a club that can produce such class! Then Motley played for them also, but I was already a Carlton fan by then.
When the Crows entered it confused things for a while. For many years they were like state team, and I have a lot of time for Blighty, so I have great memories of the two flags. However, the Crows have pissed me off in many ways of late, 1 being a stupid reliance on a scoreboard to tell the fans when to cheer, another being its arrogant muscling into our comp.
I'm a Carlton fan again. I can no longer identify with the Crows. I donated my Crows scarf to poor people, so if you ever see a documentary about Japan's homeless and see one of them in a Crows scarf you'll u derstand what that's about.
Go the Blues!
by therisingblues
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Towards the mid to late '80's the VFL clubs were going broke from overspending and mismanagement (sound familiar?) so were screaming for a solution, ultimately called expansion. Following Brisbane and WC, the VFL made overture after overture to convince the SA "old boys club" to join. Hell they even renamed the comp the AFL as a final olive branch but the answer remained no. This from a football commission that had delivered such insular, well thought out strategies like the Player Retention Scheme, giving a high value Superannuation to a bunch of footballers that were never going to leave anyway.

The SA Football Commission acts in 3 ways; no decision, handballed decision, or cr@p decision. And you wonder why I have ZERO time for them?

Pop quiz!

You're in charge of a near-bankrupt state football league looking to expand into other states in a bald-faced attempt to resurrect your league at the expense of the sport in every other corner of the nation. One of the major state leagues is steadfastly refusing your demands, costing you a mountain of advertising revenue as it prevents your "product" (as you now call the game) reaching a national audience. What will you do?

A) relent on the four(?) million dollar "license fee", which was only ever a means to extort further money out of the Croweaters to further bolster your coffers, or

B) drop the "V" from the league name.

Come on beeny, you've got a 50% chance, have a crack...
by Pseudo
Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Car Industry

If Australian people bought Australian cars it would help out the Australia economy and we would not be in this situation, same goes for everything else we buy.

Unfortunately people don't think about our economy when making their purchases.
I was once a loyal Holden man, and my first three cars were holdens, but eventually I wanted something with a bit more style and less of those nagging little problems like boot lights that didn't switch of and drained the battery.

I had to resort to shutting my wife in the boot (briefly) from time to time to check on the damn thing. ;)
by Psyber
Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: breaking bad

I wonder if Huell Babineaux is still holed up in that house?

by Q.
Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pure 2014 draw

The full 2014 SANFL draw, for purists:

Round 1
Fri April 4
Glenelg v Sturt Glenelg 7:20
Sat Apr 5
Eagles v Central Woodville 2:10
South v West Noarlunga 7:10
Bye North, Norwood

Round 2
Fri Apr 11
West v Eagles Richmond 7:20
Sat Apr 12
Central v Norwood Elizabeth 12:10
North v South Prospect 2:10
Bye Sturt, Glenelg

Round 3
Thu Apr 17
West v North Richmond 7:20
Norwood v Sturt Norwood 7:40
Fri Apr 18
South v Glenelg Noarlunga 5:00
Bye Central, Eagles

Round 4
Fri Apr 25
Norwood v North TBC 3:20
Sat Apr 26
Central v South Elizabeth 2:10
Sun Apr 27
Sturt v Eagles Unley 2:10
Bye: Glenelg, West

Round 5
Fri May 2
Glenelg v Norwood Glenelg 7:20
Sat May 3
North v Sturt Prospect 2:10
West v Central Richmond 6:30
Sun May 4
South v Eagles Noarlunga 2:10

Round 6
Sat May 10
Central v North Elizabeth 2:10
Eagles v Glenelg Woodville 2:10
South v Norwood Noarlunga 7:10
Bye: West, Sturt

Round 7
Sat May 17
Eagles v North Woodville 2:10
Glenelg v Central Glenelg 2:10
Sun May 18
Sturt v West Unley 2:10
Bye: Norwood, South

Round 8
Fri May 23
Norwood v Eagles Norwood 7:40
Sat May 24
Central v Sturt Elizabeth 2:10
West v Glenelg Richmond 2:10
Bye: South, North

State fixture
Sat May 31
SANFL v VFL

Round 9
Fri Jun 6
West v Norwood Richmond 7:20
Sat Jun 7
Sturt v South Unley 2:10
Mon Jun 9
Glenelg v North Glenelg 2:10
Bye Eagles, Central

Round 10
Sun Jun 15
Glenelg v South Glenelg 2:10
Sturt v Norwood Unley 2:10
North v West North 2:10
Bye Central, Eagles

Round 11
Sat Jun 21
South v Central Noarlunga 2:10
Norwood v Glenelg Norwood 2:10
Sun Jun 22
Eagles v Sturt Woodville 2:10
Bye: North, West

Round 12 - split round
Fri Jun 27
Norwood v Central Norwood 7:40
Sat Jul 5
South v North Noarlunga 7:20
Sun Jul 6
Glenelg v Eagles Glenelg 2:10
Bye West, Sturt

Round 13
Sat Jul 12
Central v West Elizabeth 2:10
Eagles v Norwood Woodville 2:10
Sturt v Glenelg Unley 2:10
Bye South, North

Round 14 - split round
Fri Jul 18
Norwood v South Norwood 7:40
Sat Jul 19
West v Sturt Richmond 2:10
Central v Eagles Elizabeth 2:10
Sat Jul 26
North v Glenelg Prospect 2:10

Round 15
Sat Aug 2
Glenelg v West Glenelg 6:30
Sun Aug 3
North v Norwood Prospect 1:10
Sturt v Central Unley 2:10
Bye: Eagles, South

Round 16
Sat Aug 9
Eagles v South Woodville 2:10
Norwood v West Norwood 2:10
Sturt v North Unley 2:10
Bye: Glenelg, Central

Round 17
(weekend of Sat Aug 16)
West v South Richmond
Central v Glenelg Elizabeth
North v Eagles Prospect
Bye: Sturt, Norwood

Round 18
(weekend of Sat Aug 23)
North v Central Prospect
Eagles v West Woodville
South v Sturt Noarlunga
Bye: Norwood, Glenelg

Finals draw TBA, pending allocation of finals byes.
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw

And that leads to an interesting question ... do people support a club or a competition?

From my pre-media days I certainly was more concerned about HOW my team played, rather that WHO my team played.

Just a thought for those who don't like the changes to the competition. Whilst it's fine to make your thoughts known on sites like this one, the only way you can influence the decisions that are made by your club is to:
- be a member and make sure your voice is heard
- get involved in your club ... there are many ways to do this
- stand for your Board and make the sacrifices (both time and money) that these people have to make to serve your club

Respect your stance and your opinion Dedja.
But: I was (and still am for now) a member. My voice was heard and ignored.
Standing for the board is pointless. Joe Tripodi was President of arguably the most powerful and successful club in the competition yet couldn't stop what happened because he didn't have any support from the rest of his board or enough other clubs.

You'll have to forgive me if I find it a bit rich my club is now working on engaging with its members ...
by Harry the Horse
Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Draw released..

I think its insulting clubs ask for help now after not consulting their members about the reserves.

Just amazing...

They love you when you have cash, but have no time for you otherwise.

They have forgotten their roots, just like Crows fans.
by csbowes
Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Look, full credit, you've worked really hard on trying to take a ludicrous notion and make it sound almost reasonable and logical.

But it's not. It's nutty.

There's a few of them at it too, maybe if we say slowly ...

The. Port. Magpies. Are. No. Longer. A. Club. But. Are. A. Reserve. Team.

..a few of the flat earthers might get it?
by topsywaldron
Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think Kickinit is fully aware its a reserves team, I think he's just fishing to annoy people...

Like I said earlier in the thread, the majority of us and I think the football public will see the Magpies as dead and this new team as nothing more than a Power Reserves team in someone elses guernsey, but for a select few PAFC supporters, they'll still think/hope/believe/deceive themselves, that its still the same old Magpies that dominated the SANFL.

Just leave them to it I reckon... if he's happy, he's happy, if it all works out for the league, kudos to those in charge... if not, well it was good while it lasted I suppose and at least we have the memories of a league with integrity and colour and passion.

There's plenty of other leagues and sports we can all support if this one doesn't work out like we hope.
by csbowes
Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

Why am I being involved in this? Sure you have the correct Phil?

I think the Phil they are referring to is the one that dodges replying with facts on many posts .

....and not the Phil who thought that GANGgajang was best known for a hit entitled "This Is Australia"?

(one from the vaults)
by Pseudo
Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The difference is their priority and intention

Port Magpies number one priority now is to give games to Powe listed players and to develope them to be able to play in the Port Powers AFL side. There is nothing wrong with that but that is almost the definition for being a 'reserves' side

Where as clubs like Centrals etc etc number one priority was to win SANFL league premierships even meaning at times that AFL listed players played SANFL reserves, even meaning they lost AFL listed players because they weren't using the players how their owners liked. That's clearly not a reserves side

Oh so now priority and intention decide what is a reserve side? Why do you keep changing your argument? I'm pretty sure if you ask hocking his number 1 priority will be for his side to win as many games as possible and that includes a flag.

Lol i have had that conversation and I wish you were there

Lets put it this way Hocking will not get sacked based on how many games the Port Power reserves win
by whufc
Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

9 months? That's hilarious. Any other trustworthy club would have taken them a week.

taken them a week when their putting in millions of dollars. Looks like someone has been smoking a little too much.

Any chance you can send some millions back to the people who bankrolled your charity for the last 17 years?
by Wedgie
Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The Crows= arrogance on a plate.
by Ronnie
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont support the Crows or the Power, and I dont follow any particular SANFL side, and this still makes me angry.

I am a proud South Australian though, and this jumper is for players from this state (no matter what club they're currently at) representing the state.

I was gonna barrack for Port against the Crows anyway, solely because I like how Port have gone about things in the last year or so, and this has only strengthened my support for Port, and my hate for the Crows.

Now, as a South Australia football fan, Im being told that the Crows are MY team. **** off! No South Australian football fan should ever be made to hate the team wearing the state guernsey, and as long as its being worn by a club (Crows or Port, doesnt matter) theres gonna be South Australians that will not support it.

Selfish, arrogant, holier-than-thou, HORSE SHIT!!!

I really hope this bites the Crows in the arse and their own supporters that dont agree with this voice their concerns.
by HH3
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This topic is currently being discussed on SEN and they are all in agreement that this is a disgrace and its an indictment on the south australian football culture and sanfl

Hard to disagree
by MAY-Z
Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very very sad.

Trigg will want them to wear the Baggy Green at their next Charity cricket game...
by Dutchy
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves - Q&A with UK Fan

Hasnt affected us at all. Infact WE DONT CARE. never have never will.

There are some suggestions from certain circles the guernsey was a mistake/brand damaging.As Rod Chapman was quoted this morning. This idea was not offensive/mind boggling dumb/arrogant. Its just everyone else in South Australia is to thick to understand the concept properly. When you look at it from our point of view youll come around.

As a replacement talks have already started around pre game entertainment where former state players representing each SANFL club will fight a lion barehanded. The winner will receive scraps of meat/balfours products thrown from our members.

The AFC since its inception have an impeccable record of being the most self important football club in South Australian history.
That is something we are very proud of and looking to build on in the future.

Now bugger off non believer!!!!
by UK Fan
Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The relentless f*ckwitdness of the Crows and Power supporters on this thread reminds me what we've lost when we admitted their f*cktard ilk into the SANFL.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Epic Fail...

Smart got what was coming to him... so arrogant on radio... now he looks like a complete tool.

Satisfying.
by csbowes
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows In State Jumper - Which is worse?

Dutchy wrote:I used to have a soft spot for the Crows, hard not to with all the Glenelg influence in the early days,

Speak for yourself and yourself alone.

I dispise Port but will be hoping they win the showdown.

I don't hope Port wins the showdown. I just hope that the Crows lose it.
by Pseudo
Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People will see this as me Crow-bashing....but, clearly Port's set-up was considered and has, from the start, been taking the competition into account.

dedja and plenty of other posters think the Magpies will have no real focus on the SANFL season, I truly think they will. Having spoken to several people close to the groups, the Magpies side is set for a big year and has some certainty about the structure.

Adelaides is shambolic at best and diabolical at worst. Potentially they could be contacting players and clubs midweek between games looking for top-up players. I can see that set-up being laughable mid-season.

Adelaide's set up is shambolic and/or diabolical. Adelaide's process of recruiting country players has prevented a few of these from doing full pre seasons with SANFL clubs.

Port have not tried to do the right thing by the competition. Port have tried to the right thing by Port. Self interest is not benevolence. They will continue to try and argue they should keep a structure that clearly gives them an advantage beyond this season.
by SANFLnut
Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trial Games Week 1 Discussion

Another class decision by the club boards.

Good to see what local coverage there was will now be eroded that little bit more.

It's the first sign of it being all over.

Yep agree wonder how long before the 6 boards that voted yes have that light bulb moment when the realise they f@cked up!!!!!

Look at Sturt today what did they get out of this:

1. A flogging by a professional AFL club

2. No media coverage (they are just their to make sure the Crows get a nice warm up for the AFL season!!!!)

3. Don't see how it helps Sturt signing members and might turn some off if they follow crows also.
by Panther Pack
Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your 2014 predictions

1- North
2- Norwood
3- West
4- Eagles
5- Centrals
6- South
7- Glenelg
8- Sturt

Magarey- Liddle
Ken Farmer- Wundke
by saintal
Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL AGM Reports

Media Release from the SANFL...

Monday 17th March 2014

2013 AGM: SANFL HEADED BACK TO PROSPERITY

The SANFL is looking ahead to a period of sustained prosperity following the official conclusion of the 2013 financial year.

The League held its Annual General Meeting tonight (Monday 17th March 2014) and tabled its 2013 Annual Report, showing the SANFL made an underlying profit of $2.13m excluding depreciation, stadium write-down and abnormal items.

In 2013, the SANFL also reported:

- a positive net cash flow from operating activities of $3.8m compared with $1.3m in 2012;

- an increase in cash on hand at the end of the year of almost half a million dollars to $1.7m; and

- a 3% operating expenditure reduction.

The statutory loss of $12.4m was largely due to the continued write down of AAMI Stadium; a planned process undertaken to reflect the future revenue and value following the shift of AFL football to Adelaide Oval.

However, the SANFL will soon be able to recognise the value of the license it has to use Adelaide Oval for the next 80 years – which has been independently assessed by Ernst & Young at $93.5m – which will return the SANFL’s asset value to in excess of $100m in 2014.

“The League’s financial business plan shows a significant improvement in earnings from the 2014 season when football is played at Adelaide Oval,” said John Olsen AO, Chairman of the South Australian Football Commission.

“In addition to revenue opportunities, the League has implemented a lower cost structure as it will no longer be running a major stadium,” he said.

“The League’s commitment to provide additional funding to the Port Adelaide Football Club has concluded at a total of $14.75m - a fact not understood, recognised or appreciated by many.

“The elimination of this exposure upon the transfer of licences combined with the financial benefits of moving to Adelaide Oval will allow the SANFL to commence a debt reduction program from 2014.

“The underlying business continues to be profitable and the level of profit will improve as a result of a higher financial return from Adelaide Oval.”

Mr Olsen said the SANFL would also use the proceeds of selling land at AAMI Stadium to reduce its debt.

“After a process that has taken three years to get the land at AAMI Stadium rezoned, the SANFL went to market with an Expression of Interest process that concluded last week. We are currently evaluating the bids received to purchase all or part of the land,” he said.

“Inclusive of the proceeds from the sale of land, the SANFL expects to be able to fully repay its debt in coming years.”

The SANFL also reported strong participation numbers for 2013, including:

- more than 113,000 participated in football in South Australia and involvement at club level across the State rose to more than 45,000;

- the number of children aged 5-12 increased by 7.5% while total Primary and Secondary school participation increased by 13.5%; and

- participation in the South Australian Women’s Football League increased by 27.5%.

Mr Olsen also reflected on the wide range of issues dealt with by the Commission over the previous 12 months which included the AFL licences, the move to Adelaide Oval, the rezoning of AAMI Stadium and AFL ‘second’ teams in the SANFL competition.

“I doubt whether there ever has been a time with such diverse, complex and demanding issues on the table all at once,” he said.

“However, the hard work is not over and only continued financial vigilance, innovative thinking and a spirit of collaboration will see our potential realised.”

As I've said many times, the sanfl was in the perfect position to stand up to the whims of the afl clubs. Sell the afl licenses, attain value from the footy park land and receive the Adelaide oval management fee. No longer have a liability or obligation to support port (or the crows), leave this to the afl as per the other afl clubs. Why bendover for a piss poor deal letting them into our comp. to no clubs financial benefit. They should have charged them a fee to enter the reserves comp.
by sjt
Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

topsywaldron wrote:
beenreal wrote:Have to say, the bitterness, disdain and vitriol dripping from each of these posts has me salivating with a warm inner glow.

Can't wait till the actual side is named.

8)

You forgot pity.

Yeah, it's funny how Australians view an "uneven playing field", in sport .
by sjt
Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Saw a few Crows players after the game and they could hardly walk, weren't used to being hit hard.
Good crowd but 95% North supporters at least, funny as hell when the few Crows supporters complained to security that the North supporters were barracking too loudly.
They genuinely looked confused that supporters could be so passionate.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crowd Number?

I heard 4.6k.
At least 4k North supporters if not more.

A Crows supporter was walking down Lindner Lane at 1/4 time coming to the game in his Crows guernsey and a North scarf, damn did I give it to him, he tried to dig a hole and bury himself.

I would think 4.5k first up is an extremly dissapointing figure.

Especially considering it was the 'historical' first game, novelty factor, perfect weather, fairly centralised ground, both teams seasons well and truly alive, crows had played in sa so all crows supporters were in the state

I think so too, but one of the Crows own hiearchy admitted before the game that there would have been 2k more if they'd won yesterday.
I honestly think Trigg would have gone home today thinking they've ****** up big time as their players are going to get hurt big time with only country players to protect them. Everyone to do with the Crows looked sorry and hurt after the game.

The Crows own very few supporters today were genuinely upset and confused that real football supporters could hate them so much. Was a freaking greaty day.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great for SA Footy :)

Now lets hope the other 6 true SANFL clubs can do what north did today - I will be giving them hell when they come to richmond

I cant wait to hear how Sanderson explains how this seconds side has helped the structure of his afl side. Now they truly have a losing culture. At least last year, some of their players would have experienced wins with their sanfl clubs. Great move by an amatuer afl club
by Mark_Beswick
Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

In the Crows favour if you said at the start of the year they'd be ahead of Central, West and Glenelg on the table you'd look at them as a success! :lol:
by Wedgie
Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That was one of my arguments right from the start - no one goes to watch reserves teams, at any level. Why would the Crows be any different?
by Dogwatcher
Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Envestra Park (Sat 11/4)

I would be expecting that the "top of the table tiger tamers" will expose the "violet crumbles" and grab another 2 premiership points....... :D
by phantom57
Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Sturt v Adelaide @ Envestra Park (Sat 11/4)

Any sign of the promotional bonanza in Sturt's zone that was promised? I recall someone saying there was nothing prior to the North game. Keep an eye out......
by SANFLnut
Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

bennymacca wrote:

to be honest though, the more people whinge like little girls on this forum, the more i am finding myself barracking for the crows to do well.

GO STATE TEAM CROWS! :D

You make me sick.
Get the Centrals logo off your profile.
by Kahuna
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

bennymacca wrote:Who made you judge and jury.

In short go fk yourself.

You've obviously only started barracking for Centrals since 2000.

There's no way a die-hard, true & loyal Doggies supporters would think twice about which scarfe to adorn.
by dogbreath
Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Now that the SANFL no longer hold the licenses of the two SA based AFL clubs what is the extent of the SANFL's obligation to these two clubs?
Is it the same obligation the SANFL has to Collingwood or Gold Coast? i.e None.

I am sure the SANFL would survive without the AFL teams, without the media, without any exposure, the clubs would simply adjust to live within their means.
For most people on here it wouldnt matter about the standard of the competition as long as it was still Centrals playing North or Glenelg playing South.
and there was the same rules for all and there was still a premiership at the end of the season.
It could be equivalent of Div 5 ammos for all i care i just want to see the dogs be given the same chance of winning the flag as the other 7 teams. The standard wouldnt fall away much as you must still play SANFL to be eligible for the draft thus keeping the comp strong.
by daysofourlives
Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: LIVE SCORES - Round 4

Faark, are we being coached by the Waterhouses ... *cough* Fine Cotton *cough*
by dedja
Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

Pure ladder after Round 4:
P W F A %
South 4 4 416 280 59.77
Eagles 3 3 268 221 54.81
Sturt 3 2 265 210 55.79
North 3 2 243 241 50.21
Central 3 1 214 211 50.35
West 3 0 168 242 40.98
Norwood 3 0 170 251 40.38
Glenelg 2 0 112 200 35.90

Bays bottom but with a game in hand, thankyou fatpiperston :p
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Double J on Digital Radio

Looking forward also but how long before it's awash with the back log of Aussie artists trending towards the Triple J sound
by LMA
Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

Round 5. The first full round of the season and evenly matched to boot, with 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6, and 7 v 8.

P W F A %
South 5 4 491 365 57.36
Eagles 4 4 353 296 54.39
Sturt 4 3 374 258 59.18
North 4 2 291 350 45.40
West 4 1 266 276 49.08
Central 4 1 248 309 44.52
Norwood 4 1 240 304 44.18
Glenelg 3 0 165 270 37.93
by Pseudo
Sun May 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

End of the 1st Qtr

With a shortened season, we are now a quarter of the way through.

Port Reserves looking like they might run away with it due to their unrealistic advantage. They are a able to draw on their AFL stars whilst topping up with experience, hardened SANFL players. People may well talk about how the Reserve Clubs will be affected as injuries mount to their respective AFL sides but in Port's case it seems they have this covered by the level of SANFL players retained on their list. This year might be a learning curve for the SANFL committee who, hopefully, will address the balance next year. Forecast finish 1st

Adelaide Crows Reserves are pretty much where most people expected them to be. Whilst they can be competitive as the win two week's ago proved, they won't dominate the league in the same way that Port will do this year. They also have the disadvantage of the quality of stock available when injuries mount in their AFL side. You would expect Adelaide to finish in the bottom 3 which will be perfectly acceptable for a development squad. Forecast finish 9th

Of the two "no voters" South is doing rather well and outperformed most peoples expectations including I suspect, many South supporters.
Eddy for the Panthers has been a revelation this year and his goals have been instrumental in their success. The whole club seems to have lifted and got behind a relatively unknown and unproven coach. Free flowing and the ability to kick goals in abundance should see South there or there abouts come season end. Their big problem, just like every other club in the league, will be how they fair when the injuries pile up. This week saw them lose 3 to injury. Having to play with a depleted bench for more than half a game is tough for any team. The fact that South came back to snatch the lead again before succumbing to a couple of late goals show the determination they this year, when in the same circumstances in previous years would have seen them roll over and lose by a much bigger margin. Forecast finish 4th

Centrals haven't recovered from the loss of the Gowan twins along with some other inspirational players and their new recruits don't appear to have the same drive and determine as the old guard which has turned attention onto their coach Roy Laird. Laird has been a fantastic coach for Centrals making him one of the most successful coaches in SANFL history and the dominance of the Centals side through the noughties was record breaking. To sustain that level of dominance year after year is impossible. Ask Man Utd. Centrals had a group of players that stood out from the rest, not just a couple of great players like most clubs have but a team of great players. There was always going to be a time when these great players retired or moved on and Centrals were never going to be able to replace them. It's a rebuilding time for the Dogs which might take a few years and maybe a new Coach, but to panic now and remove mid season would be a mistake. Forecast finish 8th

Woodville West Torrens hVe been there or thereabouts for a few years now, often the bridesmaid and it looks like they will miss out again this year. Wundke, Ainger and Grocke provide a potent forward line up as proved this week with 8 goal between them and at full strength the Eagles will be difficult to beat. They have a settled squad and have made some good acquisitions this year to strengthen that squad. It's hard to see anyone other than Port from denying then top spot . Forecast finish 2nd

Premiers Norwood are proving disappointing this year and whilst Redleg fans might point to the fact they suffered heavy losses of stock during the closed season, I might be fair to say that the new recruits don't understand or aren't skilled enough to execute the Norwood gameplan. Couple this to a very inexperienced coach who is trying to carry on the same strategy that worked so well for two seasons under Bassett and you seem to end up with a mix that is no longer stopping sides from scoring and not scoring big themselves. It is possible that playing a gameplan and coaching a gameplan are not necessarily complimentary. Forecast finish 5th

Sturt are another that has surprised many so far. They were expected to struggle more this year than last after losing so many back to their club in the Crows. They did however recruit very well, particularly from Port Adelaide and are playing some very attractive footy. Hard at the ball and the man, they are also very quick at moving the ball forward. When they have the ball they create spare men to give it to and when they don't have the ball they are very aggressive at closing the opposition down and winning it back. A traditional SANFL approach that has somewhat been lost over the years, and importantly, they play and look like a team. Forecast finish 3rd

Glenelg were a bit of an enigma. Made some big signings and looked like they meant business. After last season they had to do something about strengthening the squad but to many Bays fans the problems at the club ran deeper than the lack of skill on the oval. Apart from one upset, there doesn't appear to be enough changes in the mentality st the club for them to pull away from the foot of the table. With the likes of big Clint Alleway they have the capacity to kick a big score but many would also question whether players like Alleway, in the twilight of their career have the stamina and the desire to perform at SANFL level. The other problem for Glenelg is that their Spoon rivals in both South and Sturt have significantly improved this year. Forecast finish 10th

Westies started the season with confidence. They had a new coach and looked like they were building on what they had achieved over the last two seasons. Injuries have hurt them and it is hard to see where they will be come the final day. What does seem to be disappointing, not only to most watchers from other clubs but to a growing number of their own fans, is that the gamplan seems be to be the same flooding defensive approach. Still came back this week and kicked a hatful of goals and maybe with a few others coming in West may develop a more attacking style. Four straight loses at the beginning of a 20 game season might have left them with a gap to far to have an impact on the finals this year. Forecast finish 7th

North just beggar to deceive. One week irrepressible, the next week a basket case. Personally I am not convinced about the coach yet. He was from Port yet Strurt seem to get the best named recruits. We have been flattered by the scoreboard more than once this year Sturt being the latest and we don't fight enough we we are in possession. Injuries are racking up forcing North to play inexperienced youngsters which have made an impact on the performances but the big worry is the reaction from the experienced players out there. Our skill levels, which have been a bit up and down fro years, seemed to have dropped as does our kicking and decision making. still in the five just, but North Re likely to be one of a bunch who will fight it out for 5th place. Forecast finish 6th

One thing has stood out as a big positive this year in that all 8 SANFL clubs are competing on a level playing field without the advantage or disadvantage of the influence AFL listed players had in previous years. Unfortunately there seems to be far more negatives with the current situation which will need to be addressed for next season if the SANFL are to have any chAnce of surviving.
by johntheclaret
Sun May 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of the 1st Qtr

Loved the comment that the 8 genuine clubs are on an even playing field. If the Commission had got Port's entry conditions correct (ie. the same as Crows) then this could have been a real positive for SANFL. To allow Port to retain so many league players and then recruit other highly experienced players by fudging the rules is such a shame and demonstrates weak leadership.
by SANFLnut
Sun May 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port v Sturt - Post Match wrap up

Poor crowd between two old rivals.....well between Sturt and a pimped out whore that they choose to call the Magpies.
by CUTTERMAN
Mon May 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To Dols, booney. kikinit

This is a serious question, so don’t take it as a dig but with the following, do you see the advantage gifted to you or would you consider having the below all part and parcel
Full Time Coaches, Fitness coach touted as one of the best in the world, Dieticians, Sports Physiologists, Fitness personnel, Doctors and Physios, Massage therapist , player e welfare managers, Million dollar facilities, Million dollar Fitness Facilities, recovery facilities, Million dollar Medical Facilities.
Full Time Professional AFL players averaging around 15 players per game with a combined salary of $2-$3 million dollars
Yes the crows have all of the above and I don’t give a shit as my club doesn’t nor does 7 other SANFL clubs.
I am not whinging because The Power is on Top I dislike the crows with a passion as well for playing in a comp and having these benefits and advantages.
And the thing that pisses every one of the most is you will not acknowledge the advantage given to your team.
You were granted an AFL licence, and good onya, but don’t use the resources of being given that and think you have no advantage or been given any advantage over your opposition. Most of the other items apart from the Salary cap could be taken that the club has worked to get those advantages. But unfortunately the Salary Cap can’t be.
Even Collingwood in the AFL have advantages over the comp in terms of $, but funnily enough a new word has entered the equation Equalisation, where the AFL has said we can’t have a team with that much financial clout and off field advantages although they have the same salary cap as the rest of the comp.
So the Brains trust at the AFL has seen how having a team with more resources will destroy their comp but for some reason you can’t see how it will destroy the SANFL
by Maddawg
Sun May 18, 2014 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |