Search found 40 matches

Return

Re: Turnover of SANFL Coaches

With Stevens appointed at Glenelg I would rank the appointed coaches this years as:
1. Gotch - Significant AFL experience which is what South were chasing. Gave up a really good role he was currently in to take it on.
2. Mickan - Not far behind. Proven to be a quality SANFL coach and clearly miles in front of Massie. Experienced and proven, but may also have been a bit of an easy option to go to. Hope he was convincing with his future plans.
3. Stevens - based on Glenelg's media release (biased I know) they seem impressed by his TAC cup involvement and his duties at Richmond. Hope they have not been sucked in to hiring a coach because he was a good player.
4. Mcgregor - Only one year at Port but had a pretty good squad to work with. Other clubs have been quick to chase many of these players and there are 12-15 quality players amongst them. Didn't think he did any better than Bamford in his time there and Ken's coaching CV is a bit skinny apart from Magpies role.

Not much between 1 & 2 but would have them clearly ahead of others IMHO.

The Gays have the stand out mini league coach, he's super qualified :lol:
This bloke was so smart he walked out on all the hard work that he and his mates put in for years, couldn't see the Flag on offer the next season, walked into a dead end situation with a club on it's knees ....... smart man!
And how's this guy an upgrade on the last? Anyone want to get their hands dirty?
Only GFC could pass up experienced local older types for a Victorian Turncoat chasing credibility.
the bloke suffered a neck injury that threatened both his career and mobility, then returned to play good afl footy, i reckon he's got credibility ticked.
He worked under hardwick at richmond, a former glenelg player and respected afl coach, who no doubt was listed as a credible reference. I think that puts him ahead of massie who fell into the league job.
And if you saw the flag going power's way in 04, I'm sure you are happily retired now given the life savings you had on them at the juicy pre-season odds on offer.
Truth is, I don't even chuckle at your insecurity anymore. And yes, I used to.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - West v Eagles Post game

I know you can't read too much into stats but............. looking at the stats you would have thought Westies were the better side.

Disposals 317 to 268.
Marks 71 to 58
Hit Outs 57 to 41

Although WWT did have 8 more frees than West.

Eagles are +23 in free kick count after only 2 rounds! At least one thing stayed the same this year...
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ANZAC DAY ROUND 6 - live scores, results & chit chat.

Is lindsay thomas always this lazy/disinterested/uncommitted?
Must kill boomer to run out with blokes like that every week.
Roos hanging in there, being brave in general. No help from umps either!
8 points in Freo's favour at the half, if north hang tough in the third they're a big chance.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

I haven't seen a home side get such an amazing ride from the umpires since I was at woodville last. If the crows don't win this, there really is something wrong.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sat May 03, 2014 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Glenelg v Central @ Gliderol inc Post Match

Crowds started suffering IMO when I noticed a large drop off in the younger supporters while we were still dominating. Coincided with the pressure being placed on the club to clear out those wascally webels. In reality the problem was there in most other clubs, not just ours, and it was merely a way of bringing us back to the pack. We did ourselves no favours during the initial popularity of the night matches, not allowing all and sundry back to the club. There is no doubt as is normally the case with lower socioeconomic areas, the GFC created huge problems.

Add to that the dilution of the competition to reserves status and we have a perfect storm.

We sure did on satdy!
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Tue May 20, 2014 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 12 - live scores, results & gas bagging.

Good game. But bugger me, is there another side that can be tackled all night and just drop the ball without being penalised? Happened all night, and I hate whinging cos that was a great game of footy, but no way did the best side win tonight. I'm filthier than I have been for a long time. Dead set dirty.

Im with ya mate and i'm a neutral, Geelong have been doing that for years. on the positive side don't think Selwood got a high free kick tonight, mainly cos he did'nt get anywhere near it.
Selwood got near it for the winning goal :)
18 disposals and 6 tackles. Only Johnno beat him for tackles.

10 clearances as well.
Selwood's a champ, no doubt. Just feel screwed. Bugger footy. And bugger wedgie if he does the double on me this weekend.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores Round 10

Full Time
Glenelg 7.9 (51)
South 14.12 (96)

Q4 30m
Port 18.16 (124)
Eagles 15.10 (100)

Mark Sodestrom with a fairly ordinary analogy on TV, comparing the goal umpire being knocked to the twin towers collapsing.
Not as bad as ginever mentioning alleway and Super in the same sentence. And Alleway got reported in last minute, will get games
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 - Norwood v Glenelg @ Coopers Stadium (Sat 21/6

Knives being sharpened maybe.
You love it, don't ya? Wish I could be brave and not declare who I support, yet at the same time make imbecilic comments presumably for fun.
On the Tiges, I reckon we found a new rock bottom today. Worse than mid 90s rubbish. Really hope coaches and players are as embarrassed as me
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

Thought everyone would be celebrating his exit from SA?
He reminds me a lot of Eddie McGuire, in that most outside his club hate him, but he always does what he thinks is best for his own club - public opinion doesn't concern him. Tippett furore aside (as if he was the only one in on it), I'm happy to have him at Carlton.
Go on, throw stones!
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

woodublieve12 wrote:unbelievable!!! should've got the rest of the year...

Richmond might appeal and suggest he gets 6
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

North have a lot to answer for, Bone was fine before he coached the Cocks ...
Bone has a lot to answer for. North had only won one wooden spoon in the 87 years before he took over. They have won 2 since and are also suffering their biggest premiership drought ever. It's all Bone's fault.

He's a good lad ...
We sent him on that mission. Reckons it was easier than he thought it'd be!
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 21 General Chat and Dribble

Cats more kicks, more handballs, more hit outs, more marks, first to the ball most times, 6 less frees.
Only reason we haven't won 8 flags in a row is the AFL evening up through umpiring.
Awesome effort to be undefeated in Victoria this year battling 21 people on the field most games.

Hehe love the Friday funnies
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - Glenelg v Port Magpies @ Gliderol (Sat 23/8)

Probably fair to say we'll never know if it would have happened or not, actually.

Anyways, I wasn't there but spoke to some close family who go to every Magpies game home and away, I really hope the abuse that my family have been subjected to over the year is on par with the abuse the board and management of the 6 "yes" voters receive.

The games I've attended have been packed with abuse and I've simply asked have you called your CEO, President and board "cheating ****" as often as you have the people who simply support the black and white?

For I know I didn't vote yes, my family didn't vote yes....but your clubs did.

I hope all those fans at Glenelg enjoyed sticking their wooden spoons in the cutlery draw Saturday night. Big draw. Lots of spoons.

Problem is, Boon, it's got black and white stains on it from the hiding we gave ya's before we put it away...
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

My favourite bit is "due to popular demand".
Really? People actually contacted them and said "I'd like my budgie/ferret/poodle to be a member as they don't feel part of the game"?
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - The season opener & what it brings.

HH3 wrote:Apparently 4 goals and 13 disposals is a "cameo"......

oh, ok Bruce

North have barely played a cameo role today
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Casboult wouldn't be worth much - if you are in and out of arguably the worst team in the comp that's something against yo u. Having said that I don't think he is a bad player, but clubs won't be lining up to get him.

Walker is about to turn 29 so you won't be giving up a high pick for him.

Menzel is going to be a gun but is injury prone.

Henderson Carlton people rate but I really don't see it tbh. A decent footballer bit once again I don't see clubs lining up for him. You see right though he will attract interest too.
Not dissimilar to a young J Kennedy years ago
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Tue May 12, 2015 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 9 dribble

Brodlach and Dark Knight, essendon's indigenous jumper is nearly unnoticeable.
Outrage please
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sat May 30, 2015 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R9 - Glenelg v North @ Gliderol Stadium (Mon 8/6)

Bounce of the ball wrote:Playing for the"lets slag our clubs " cup. North by 4 to 5 goals .

If you ever find a club, feel free to slag it
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

Robran wrote:Does our coaching group think someone should probably go to Cyril I mean he is only the best small running player out there.. Let's just allow him to get all the footy from stoppages and take the ball forward..

But I thought betts was the best small forward ever?
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another little one...Round 12

Nothing wrong with the tackle
Fair bit of sling in it though. Might get looked at. Not sure if he'd get games though. Just saying it may get looked at.

2/3 years back it would have attracted a suspension. will be interesting to see what happens.
There was no need to do it, he had him stopped, gotta get rid of the sling tackle.
No one likes to see players injured, but this is nudging on hysteria...
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

What a great bloody game!
Had a few appointments about town today, missed portions of the game, heard most of it on the radio in the car and saw the full final quarter on TV with some good Sturt folk who helped me cheer the Blues across the line.
Had a good feeling going in to this game, thought they'd still be hungry after last week. There's nothing like it in the AFL when the old Navy Blues walk off the battle field heads held high with the 4 points.
Stirring stuff.
I'm just over the border in vic so no TV coverage but another great G Wheatley and A White call did the job.
The closest place to watch it was the Frances pub, but getting home is the problem.
Beers were cold at home, cleaned the shed and even got the ride-on mower operational later on whilst listening. To top it off, my little bloke demanded he sleep in his Blues guernsey he's worn all day.
Outstanding.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

Is it true that Murphy was also sacked from his position as a school teacher by the education dept?

Well if you know its true post so ,otherwise your post is potentially very misleading and one to create unnecessary innuendo. You are now inferring kids . Most your posts are shallow but this one is quite dumb.
He just asked a question you halfwit. If he knew, he'd have no doubt stated it, instead of inquiring about it. Murphy's job happens to be a teacher, I doubt Spargo's inference had anything to do with kids.
And you, whose contributions to this site are often no deeper than a Petrie dish, should hardly pass comment on another's depth of post.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions - and discussion - in lead up to 2015 season

If it weren't for their record over the last 3-5 years we would all be expecting that this level of performance could not be sustained. We all know better than that, we all know they can keep this up.

Keep in mind they've just pumped Fremantle and Sydney and they've got Carlton, Richmond, West Coast, Geelong, Port, Brisbane and Carlton (!) in the last 7 games.

Other than Richmond and West Coast it's fair to say they could drop their current level of performance quite considerably and win the other 5 with ease. Carlton twice in 7 weeks to end the year? Nice work if you can get it.

Your lot would be thankful they don't, Booney ;)
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 20 and it's getting fair dinkum

Happy to be wrong, but was there a time when the bloke standing the mark was protected and couldn't be blocked / interfered with?
I reckon it was Collingwood in particular being penalised for it a couple of years back?
Hawthorn do it well, and often, and if it's legal you gotta wonder why every side doesn't do it
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Week 1, 2015 AFL Finals Series

Has there ever been a game with two more horrible jumpers playing against each other?
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

If she tried hard enough I'd probably let her take me out one night
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

MW wrote:Yeah I forgot about Crouches free for pushing the hawks player in the stomach HAHAHAHAHAHA
Not blame but it was a major factor...ok maybe blame lol

Your position has changed markedly since the first page of this thread
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 11 chit chat

helicopterking wrote:Don't Crows get some favourable umpiring decisions at Home.

Whilst true, it carries little weight from an Eagles fan!
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 23 - The bitter end, for some.

woodublieve12 wrote:
kneedeepinthehoopla wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:How do the swans not get the Thursday??? How does a low ranked final side get the longest break??

I'd be filthy too if the league never did anything to accommodate my club

I'd be more filthy being a Carlton supporter

I wouldn't wish it upon you at the moment
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Western Bulldogs 2016

Booney wrote:I'm not sure who is whinging more. Wait, the stewards are moving out of the committee room.

The judges have reviewed the images and it's MW by a nose.

Always performs well in the Imbecile Stakes
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 2017

As we have already determined that the northern end was Sturt dominated and the southern was Glenelg, could it be that you were standing with your Glenelg brethren at the southern end when you decided that the Glenelg fans outnumbered the Sturt?

It's riveting viewing this, I hope we can establish who has the largest cock by tomorrow so we can get on with round 3. :D
http://img.memecdn.com/A-big-Cock_o_104665.jpg
By jove! That is a massive one isn't it?
Of course the real question is, however, which end of Glenelg Oval was he standing at on Friday night?
He'd have been on the wing...
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

How long do hawthorn keep going with Gibson?
Seen the hawks a few times this year and he's a deadset liability.
Hardly set the world on fire last year.

Solid defender, if overrated, when they were going well. But he's just filling the space a kid could be playing now.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 11

JK wrote:HTF does Sicily not even compete there???

Same reason you'll never see him lay a shepherd, no benefit to self
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

What penalties did the Carlton player who was holding onto Houli illegally and the Melbourne diver get?
These are the ones Id be punishing.
So, every player who holds onto an opponent should get suspended or fined? Your happy for blokes to knock out their opponent if they hold on?
If someone holds onto you your natural reaction is to swing your arm to get away from it. Its against the rules and if people learn to stop doing it after a couple of knocks to the chops because the umpires are too useless to pay it then so be it. Fix the cause, not the reaction.
I'm embarrassed for you
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MRP

Not often the AFL gets credit on here for getting something right but I reckon they're pretty close here.
I thought 5-6 down to 4-5 for his good record was about the mark, we all know that 2 was laughable.
He spoke well and said all the right things afterwards so let's all move on.
Anyone suggesting anything other than commonsense was at play here needs more in their life to keep them occupied.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Geez, Walker studs up there.
Didn't even pretend to look at the footy!
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals Week 1

Geez, Walker studs up there.
Didn't even pretend to look at the footy!

Was just debating that with a mate, he reckons dog act, I reckon forwards made defenders earn it for 100 years
If he got within cooee of the ball, fair game. But he didn't.
At least when Greene got hung for it a few weeks back he won the ball, Walker didn't get close.

Lol so are you saying free kick or report?
Clearly not a report, not saying that. But took a bloke out of a marking contest with his studs without getting near the ball.
I'd say a fair case for a free kick.
Won't make a difference tonight anyway, crows all over em
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2017

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Robran wrote:I can tell u fine folk now R Sloane has asked the question to the Adelaide board if there is a chance he could be traded, and yes it is all to do with his misses job.

I knew that would be coming.

He’ll look good in navy blue
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

"Real" Magpies fans.

I wonder. What's the qualification for being a "Real" Magpie's fan?
My thoughts on a real magpie fan is one that doesn’t throw their unquestioned support behind the very entity that has divided their club. Rather, they’re entitled to be a bit salty at them. The port magpies brand has been damaged by the afl arm of their club, this is not up for debate, and a real magpies fan won’t like it.
They’ve had an identity crisis at port since the power came into being - from distancing themselves from the magpies in the beginning to the ‘never tear us apart’ scheme at the moment, the power still aren’t universally accepted as the ‘real’ port adelaide. A real magpies fan, for mine, sees and acknowledges all this. I’m not saying they don’t have an interest in the power, but they don’t blindly just get on board.
by kneedeepinthehoopla
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |