Search found more than 1027 matches

Return

Re: 2013 Draft November 21

Crows are a very big chance of getting pick 2
Melbourne want ready made players. Need to improve next year rather than have another 4 years of being bottom 2

who are the crows going to offer though to get the pick 2? Melbourne don't just need ready made players, they need ready made quality players
Melbourne have a 4 year deal for Bernie Vince and they also want Lyons. Package them up for pick 2

Lol, ok good trade for the crows if it comes off. If it does come off the melbourne should finish up or move to tassie.
by stan
Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes First Test Live Discussion

Same team.

Smiths bowling has improved enough that i'll call him a part timer. There you have it 2 spinners.
by stan
Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Relax guys Rons just reading feom the teleprompter again. He doesnt know what hes actually saying.
by stan
Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:These forums would not exists without rumors and innuendo :)

Sure as hell wouldnt be as much fun.
by stan
Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

I'm not sure any supporter really thinks its a "right", but more the case of, if the AFL aren't willing to incept a reserves competition, then what are the alternatives.
Of course. But the AFL clubs, in entering the SANFL, are putting themselves before the integrity of the competition. The fact that they would, in the absence of an independent AFL reserves competition, see whatever suits them best as an alternative, regardless of what it will do to the league, is why many SANFL fans feel like this has been forced on them, against their will by the AFL clubs, notwithstanding the weakness of six of the league directors.

AFL clubs asked. Piss weak league directors said yes.....but we blame the AFL clubs.

Yeah look I dont like them being there, ill still treat the wharfie scum like wharfe scum. Its simply more fun that way but the directors sold out and the $anfl was happy with that. There lies the biggest flop.
by stan
Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Is this the Crows claim to a history? http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-01-20/pt-2-the-19th-century-afc
I guess it is about as valid as the Power and the Magpies both claiming the 1870 link... ;)

This is so pathetic by the club ](*,) Its small minded crap like this that's makes the whole league laugh at us. I don't know if the current AFC is trying to associate itself with the 19th Century AFC, but it just reeks of desperation. Especially when they put this in the article
Part two of a three-part series about the original Adelaide Football Club, formed in 1860. A major development in SA football occurred a decade after Adelaide became the State’s first club. The Port Adelaide Football Club was formed in 1870

Grow up FFS. Who cares who has been around longer. I care about what the team does on the field and (after the Tippett/Trigg crap) that the club admins don't stuff the club up off field.

Just get on with playing footy instead of participating in this childish garbage.

Fair point buy really the club has learnt nothing. Trigg still on board makes that very clear.
by stan
Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids wrote:Shaun McKernan.......

Lol that will hurt...
by stan
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah good call. Only most i would say. There are a dew that i hope stay in limbo for a while.
by stan
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

I guess tomorrow they will all be saying Faark Faark Faark Faark what have we done we have alienated a lot of footy supporters in this state.

The AFC really dont care what other footy supporters in the state think, however the SANFL does. Nothing like having your own legends giving you a belting in the media.
by stan
Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NAB Challenge

woodublieve12 wrote:
Squids wrote:GC are creating a nice side.

so they should... all the talent they have picked up... GWS and GC will be very competitive in the coming years...

Hanging to the talent will be the hard thing. GC seem better at it than the GWS at the moment
by stan
Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2014

Booney wrote:
CoverKing wrote:McIntosh hardly a spud. Just an injury prone footballer. Can play!

Tell me when he last played a good game.... ;)

Stuff a good game wheb was the last time he played?
by stan
Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Going to be a tough budget....right after we pay 12bn for fighter jets........
by stan
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of the SANFL

Dion Hayman may well be right, but at the moment this is the landscape. I'm not sure its all doom and gloom at the moment. The AFL teams are strong and do have minimal injuries, but its not even the cold depths of winter yet, so lets not get too carried away.
by stan
Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

Well tbh I have always thought actively hating another team was pretty stupid. Especially when a player switches clubs and now all of a sudden they are a top bloke again.

And particularly when people attach their own self esteem to the successes of a team and somehow think they are better than everyone because their team is up and about. It's pretty childish if you ask me.

Lastly, I am a crows/centrals supporter, and maybe it's weird but I would rather beat port in a grand final than have them bottom and getting smashed by 100 points. I don't really derive and pleasure out of that, and beating port in a grand final would be that much sweeter.

Not a rant at you smac but just my thoughts

But Bennymacca the Magpies do not exist anymore so how can we beat them ????????? they are now a AFL Power RESERVES side do ya get it ?????

Bennymacca can believe what he wants to. If that makes him happy great, but Bulldog perhaps you should relax and get out there and watch centrals play. They have played some good football already this year in the win over my legs. Yes you were beaten by Adelaide, but its not all doom and gloom. Just remember something, its not even the cold depths of winter yet.
by stan
Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

CUTTERMAN wrote:Such is the sorry mess of the SANFL.
Non Power Magpie supporters have been truly been shafted by the promises from the One Club vote.
But what do you expect.

How about you have your say on the other whinge threads and leave this about the game.
by stan
Fri May 09, 2014 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Cutterman you should be over here with the rest of your flat earth mates.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
by stan
Fri May 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

Bloody wharfie scum, come on South......

How's that for you Booney any better?

by stan
Wed May 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 16

Anyway back to the game, I think this will be a stronger Adelaide team than last week. Although I dont rate Reilly or Petrenko at AFL level at SANFL level I reckon they will be good inclusions. Also add to the fact that Grigg is back due to Adelaide being spastic at developing the young players.
by stan
Thu May 15, 2014 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

Go home SA politics, your drunk.

by stan
Wed May 28, 2014 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hamilton-Smith defects to Labor

It does seem like every time the Libs get moving forward, one of them goes and opens their mouth.

Yep it seems that way because it is.

If you recall 2 elections ago, in the last days before the election Vicki Chapman was asked if she would consider a challenge to Redmond. Days before the electionl, all the dumb bitch had to say is, we are behind our leader and united or some crap like that. But no genius didnt rule it out, media went bang and they lost ever so slightly. In my opinion they would have got up that election.

Amazing stuff, this election all they had to do was run a semi decent campaign, but their leader was such a dumb ass he managed to kill it himself. To say they are the Glenelg of politics is harsh on Glenelg, they are the Aldinga of politics.
by stan
Fri May 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sturt taking the piss?

And you go on about "integrity"......go figure. :lol:

And YOUR Club is so full of Integrity, aren't they?
Again, does the name Bruce Webber mean anything to you?
1990 will live on forever.......... You've got to be real stupid not to discern a difference between 1990 and the abortion of a competition the Sanfl is now.

RB, he was talking about Bruce Webber and integrity. Thats why I made that remake. I was taking the piss.
by stan
Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

Trigg is as good as a used car salesmen, and really when it comes down to it our clubs didnt get an RAA check. So whos fault is it, the dealer or the clubs buying the car.

Look I'm not saying Trigg isnt a bit of the dodgy side, because I think there is enough evidence in regards to that, but our clubs needed to do there own research and it sounds like this wasnt done and the lemon was purchased.
by stan
Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: List Assessment - Richmond Vs Crows

In regards to the topic, in my opinion Adelaide is a far way in front in regards to lists. But there are some holes there, but I believe they can be fixed.

Richmond have some holes and they filled them with some average players. Not going to take you forward in my opinion.
by stan
Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Club Finances

but i dont think he would deliberately lie.
He's a man of honesty and unblemished personal integrity, that's for sure. :lol:

well i agree with you on that. still think the crows should have gotten rid of him.

watched footy classified monday night and caro had the rumour that he was off to either brisbane or carlton to be ceo and he has the blessing of the afl to take either job

Very very strong rumour he is off to Brisbane. Heard this from 2 sources month ago, neither connected but should know what they are talking about. He's taken one for the board and club, came back so all looks good but in reality it's time to move on.
Geez Brisbane is pretty ****** up at the moment. Do they really need this as well?
by stan
Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

woodublieve12 wrote:Northen Alliance they are calling it!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... 6990097086

Oh right Northern Alliance and not Anti-Ed. I gotcha ;)
by stan
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Goal ump. Body on the line there
by stan
Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so the current environment minister Greg Hunt wrote a thesis on why carbon pricing would be a good thing...

http://junkee.com/a-friendly-reminder-that-environment-minister-greg-hunt-wrote-his-uni-thesis-on-why-a-carbon-tax-would-be-a-great-idea/38187
Ehh, more worried about what he doea now rather tham what his phd was based on.

still goes to show how much the party line gets towed. he probably saw what happen to turnbull regarding advocating an ETS and kept his mouth shut!
I didnt think there was any doubt in that.
by stan
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Cameron looks to be leaving

Yeah going to the Crows :roll:

For B.Crouch ;)
by stan
Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

well we can start with contaminated soil and air down near the old Mitsi site

and the latest is with Families SA

Both are cases of politicans handling something in there normal way. And thats to dick it up. Libs or Labour would have cocked these up the same. I think a review of the entire Families SA department is required.
by stan
Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:So when port win the flag this year will hey have won one or 35 or however many it is? This is just so silly.

The only people that should decide whether they want to own that previous heritage is the old port magpies are their supporters

Doesn't matter they can't count anyway........;)
by stan
Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trade Period needs / Your Teams Trade Bait

Interesting one, but clearly Sydney have to move some players on and if you're over 28/29 you're in the (hired) gun.

Will he get snapped up? I'd think so, someone needing a small forward would take him. I don't think Port do with Wingard , Gray, Monfries etc but there would be, I expect, a couple of suitors. Fremantle?

i read today he could be on the move...

The 'Tiser had nothing to write about? Murray Bridge boy contracted until the end of 2016. I'm not going to lose any sleep. ;)
Going to Sydney. :roll:
by stan
Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sarah (Pauline) Hanson on 5AA this morning
I'm beginning to wonder if she actually realises what her job is and who she represents
(For Benny: http://www.fiveaa.com.au/show_fiveaa-breakfast_21 )
SHY......a product of the bullshit of the old Adel Uni student politcs.

but why don't her and Pyne get along then?? :lol:
Lets be fair to SHY, its pretty hard to get along wih Pyne regardless of almost anything in the known galaxy. As far as tools go, hes is all of them.
by stan
Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles 2014

Johno6 wrote:Didn't go as I expected. Went a hell of a lot better tho.

Didn't expect thar at all but geez it was sweet.
by stan
Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

Zorro wrote:Do we really need to measure these guys on the 'tough-o-meter' and compare the length of their light sabres? WGAF!

Dangerfield plays hard, gets hurt often and doesn't appear to hide it well. End of thread.

Thanks you ball boys, thank you linesmen.
by stan
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

After Carlton at first denying any other players were with Jeff Garlett when the scuffle broke out the club has now announced that Mitch Robinson was also involved and suffered a fractured eye socket which will keep him out for 3-4 weeks

Belting Mitch Robinson. That queue would be longer than the one to get into Jennifer Hawkins bedroom.
Lol, seriously boon this one belongs in the pool room.
by stan
Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

This is a danger game for Sydney and I think Port will win at home and regain premiership favouritism from earlier in the year

Not sure if serious.....

for once I am serious surely if port beat swans on the weekend it puts their season back on track
Righto. If it comes of you'll look like a genius.
by stan
Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion"

http://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978

I don't think he's entitled to have an opinion about that
Its interesting. I only read part because my phone is going **** master at the moment but I think he is trying to push the idea that you need to back up your statements before you shoot off with thats my opinion.
by stan
Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:I find the whole team thing pretty repulsive. I like to think we are team world!

In before Captain Planet jokes :)

Go Planet!
by stan
Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:The Eddie haters certainly have gone a little quiet lately

Nah I'm here like I was at AO 2 weeks ago.
by stan
Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Recruits- Hits,Misses and undecided

Name me a side with 18 a graders?

The rest of your list minus betts I probably agree with. To put betts in there is utterly ridiculous though.

I would look at Sydneys starting 18 and would say they would be close.
I know what you mean as not all players will be stars or A grades as such and some players are role players.

To be honest I think Betts has been alright this season, is he worth the money to get him, which I think was more like 500K not 600K, but still maybe he has and maybe he hasn't, at the end of the day he is playing a small forward role, the crows needed one and got one. They payed overs for what they believe is something there team was missing, cant fault that.
by stan
Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Nearly right there, if any of the other 7 teams win it they have earnt it, Sydney will have bought it.
As was said earlier its their's to lose. They didnt recruit Tippet and Franklin to finish 2nd
That quite possible is the most ridiculous commetnt I've read on here...
This buying a premiership is ridiculous too! How can you buy one??? When worked within there limits. Did we buy a flag 2 years ago when we beat your lot? Had the same salary cap then!

And I reckon most clubs recruit players cause they want to win flags..
I take issue with this post. The most ridiculous commment you havr read on here?
Mate seriously I mean come on thats really making a statement. I this site has seen some perla's [emoji12]
by stan
Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to Williamstown this weekend. A crap decision from an equality point of view. But if you look at the response from people like Jay Clark from the sun saying that common sense has prevailled, then yoy can see that even the vic media see it as only a feeder or reserves comp only. Time for the other actual VFL clubs to make a seperate league.
by stan
Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 2.

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Gotta love the cheap elbow from #11

Yeah a bit sneaky from Firrito. I can see why Hawkins was pissed.
by stan
Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Sorry Dude wrote:Lewis Johnston has been spoken to and informed he is likely to be moved on.
Jon Giles to the Crows
Bulldogs keen on Shaun McKernan
I have been hearing a bit in relation to the Schoenmakers move too.

Bulldogs keen on Mckernan? Really?
by stan
Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tiger83 wrote:Whats the point recruiting him if he misses potentially the next 2 years anyway???

Who knows what will happen. May only sit out for a few months. Could be none.
by stan
Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

Brodlach wrote:Bickley, not the last man standing, the right man standing ;) ;)

Lol, please oh please make Bickley your next coach.
by stan
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Annoying!!!

WUB I must admit I love this thread. Sorrt that this is your pain in the ass but mate seriously this stuff cracks me up. Looking forward to the updates this weekend.
by stan
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Walsh is the new coach according to Kochy

Very noble of him to announce it on behalf of the Crows ... conflicted much?

Kochy is an Eddie Wannabee :lol:
And thats a bad thing? Yes eddie is a wanker but so is koshi. But loom at the financial position Collingwood are in and the power they have over the AFL due to there supporter base. Eddie maybe alot of things but he is successful.
by stan
Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The OBahn tunnel exceeds even the highest levels of stupidity. The redirected traffic around the entry and exit points will create havoc, all to save 3 hundredths of a second on the bus trip.

All this delivered to you at a bargain of $160m

I was having this conversation today as well. Its $160mil, for a project that's not going to save a great deal of time really. Also considering how ****** up the states finances are.

On same note about burning money, I would like to thank the state government for my emergency services levy which has increased 3 fold. But I don't mind paying for emergency services, except when the government includes a nice statement with this bill as to why its increased 3 fold. Basically due a decrease in federal government funding to a range of areas, none actually included emergency services this bill has increased. So basically what this means is that the state government needs cash, we are going to build something we probably don't need, they wont raise another tax because that would be politically bad so they will just hammer the tax they already have and hope well all just accept this.

I guess we could always stop spending as much. Just a thought I guess, I don't really think these things through.
by stan
Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pup wrote:
stan wrote:Apparently Gaff has askes to be traded to Geelong. FFS!

Huh? Where did you read this? He has just signed a contract?

Turns out this was BS. Good thing.
by stan
Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |