Search found more than 1028 matches

Return

Re: The Ashes 2019

Dumb as **** shot. But still there.

Broad bowling well and now some swing both ways.

Easily there best bowler at the moment.
by stan
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How good was Starc drop-kicking Broad over deep long on? The straight drive was picture perfect too.

Good because Broad is quality and is always having a dip, unlike some of the other pea-hearts in the English line up.

Finally do you feel the same this morning as you wondered bleary eye into work/uni in May 1995 after S Waugh hit that double hundred against Walsh, Ambrose, and co?

Smith is up there. Broadnis there most dangerous bowler in these conditions. Bowled well do far without the support of his mates out there in the field.
by stan
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh Patrick you sexy piece of meat.
by stan
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure ladder 2019

MW wrote:With Norwood losing does that make Glenelg the premiers?
Are you stupid, of course it does. Roy will present them with the cup next week.
by stan
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 1st Semi Final - Crowserves v Norwood

Think I'm correct in saying Norwood have become the first of the bend-over clubs to have their season ended by an AFL reserves teams. South (x2) and Centrals have also suffered this fate. Bend over club, go **** yourself mate. The SANFL is ****** and so is all the clubs.

You're right, thanks to your club bending over and copping it.

You might as well take West Coast out of your profile and place Adelaide Crows in there since your SANFL club are in bed with them. Very true, but I won't be doing that. Norwood have been ****** for years, all the BS and shit that goes on. It's a shadow of what it was. Tripodi is a dodgy corrupt bastard, who know what's been going on being closed doors. Norwood were always going to vote yes no what it's members wanted.
by stan
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 2nd Semi Final - Glenelg v Powerserves

This is funny, Frampton won't get off. No way he can the SANFL have this covered.
by stan
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - Week 3

JK wrote:Cats look alright here, just can’t afford to waste chances
Yep they have looked alright when they move the ball.

Actually both teams moving the ball well. I like the look of this game already and Geelong are balls deep in this.
by stan
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

It’s pretty dramatic that a bloke comes out and says he’s parting ways with the club and will play anywhere - All whilst still contracted and before the club has even found a new coach... Reading in to it a little further you would think that during the interview process of all new coaches so far that everyone of them doesn’t want him at the club. Jenkins should hold the aces here being contracted, but to come out like he has shows vulnerability and there is a bit more to this one for me.

If there is a positive out of all this at least we have ripped the scab off the list and started turning towards the next chapter in the club in terms of getting in new talent. Where we have been going especially this year was leading us towards the bottom in 2-3 years. Even if that happens say next year then at least that is 1-2 less years of ******* around.

His probably just sick of being the whipping boy of a whole club and state. The Mitch March of the Adelaide Crows and South Australia Football. The thing is after his first stint in the SANFL this season he came back and was Adelaide best forward up until he got injuried. Then came back underdone and struggled. Honestly I thought his form was reasonable enough be would hold his spot, but I guess not.

Still he is another one that has been effected by Adelaide slow ball movement and a guy that can genuinely ruck and play forward is valuable.

What I think is that he will capture his best form again in a side that has better and cleaner ball users through the middle. For example he would go well at Collingwood and the WB but struggle at Geelong where they play a bit slower.
by stan
Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 AFL Grand Final - Richmond v GWS

Just a side note to all of this, the GF sprint, Ben King bloody hell he can move for a 200cm bloke. The Gold Coast need to move heaven an earth to keep him.
by stan
Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2019

Robran wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Interesting rumour, Greenwood and third round pick for Peter Wright

Surely not, Adelaide win that deal by a long way IMO

Be a good get and he will lead up to the kicker and not try get the easy one out the back.
A good get??? It's a **** steal, start the car, start the car!
by stan
Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Bum Crack wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Would Geelong entertain a straight swap with West coast for Andrew Gaff?

Na. Gaff, Yeo and a first rounder would be fair.
Yeah nice, you have too much time on your hands with all these log ins , just make a choice, be a cats or a hawks fan. Just stop being a flog.
by stan
Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Brett wrote:I would like to see some factual financial numbers on some comments. Sounds like a typical smoke and mirrors . I also look forward to the financial situation of the Power Franchise.
I'm not sure if Michael would know what he was looking at. The boucing ball might, not sure about you though.
by stan
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I dont think any cat fans will begrudge kelly for seeking a trade to be closer to family, he gave his all during his time at geelong especially this year when he could have sooked it up. If however he is only willing to deal with WCE despite Freo (potentially) having a much better deal then thats poor form from kelly and geelong should remind him that gold coast have pre season draft pick #1.

Lucky that firm stance wasn't applied when Gaz was trying to find his way home, or Jack Steven It seems to ch age a bit depending on the yes involved. Look at Dangerfield to Geelong, Polec to Port, Judd to Carton. It's all the same, now Kelly to West Coast oohhh that's different it should either WA team.

Come on, would you want to go to Fremantle and that shit farm? Probably not.

But in saying all of that my opinion on this matter is that if a player wants to get to his home state for family reason such as a Dangerfield or Judd or Kelly, then yes it should be home state and a bidding war should take place.

As much as bum crack comes on here and is super arrogant (assuming he logs in as the right user for this one) Geelong will deal with West Coast and it will get done. But that doesn't change the fact that the system really is garbage that a player can nominate a team straight up.
by stan
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Adelaide Crows

The last two years have been an unmitigated disaster for the Crows — and the sting was still being felt this trade period. Alex Keath, Eddie Betts, Sam Jacobs, Josh Jenkins, Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Hugh Greenwood all found new homes. That’s a massive shake up of the list. Over to you, Matthew Nicks.

Port Adelaide

While Dougal Howard mightn’t be the biggest household name, among the Power faithful he’s highly rated. Kane Cornes labelled Howard’s trade to St Kilda as a complete disaster, saying “Port Adelaide have completed botched this one in my opinion”. Cornes also suggested the club had given up too much for Ryder. The exit of Billy Frampton wasn’t as earth shattering, but the club’s inability to land Orazio Fantasia was rather flattening.

Adelaide: Not sure what we really lost out of that lot. Keath I would have liked to keep. I can see why they would think 'losers' but depends which strategy you look at it from.

Port: Howard is a massive mistake. When he is coming over the top and spoiling Dixon at Adelaide Oval next year, watch the unwashed start to boo Kenny. Got some good draft picks to play with and like Adelaide, probably need to judge them in 2-3 years. Unwashed, so you mean all of them?
by stan
Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

How did pickett go to melbourne at 12? I thought pick 12 was ours?

Stupid is as................. Come on mate they are not sure what this doube figure thing is, we know our wharfie friends can't count past 10 ;)

They only thing wharfies are counting is the $115k p.a.

That insult doesn't pack the same punch anymore, come to think of it, no punch at all. Used to laugh when I got called a wharfie scum playing footy back in the day, especially from the ones kicking around red dirt out at Londonberry Ave. Wharfie scum.
by stan
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

UK Fan wrote:
Trader wrote:How did pickett go to melbourne at 12? I thought pick 12 was ours?

Stupid is as.................
Come on mate they are not sure what this doube figure thing is, we know our wharfie friends can't count past 10 ;)
by stan
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trans Tasman Trophy

Kiwis have bowled well today in trying conditions. That from southee was a ripper .
by stan
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Just wondering where the low point is for a minister to put there hand up and say I ****** up rather than say there only guidelines, no rules were broken.

Wonder if it exists, probably not.
by stan
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

If only. it were true. They did built hospitals fairly quickly that look nothing like that photo. They are basically prefab buildings whack together.

Anyone who thinks the building in that photo gets built in 24hrs is an idiot.
Anyone who thinks that someone would think that would get built in 24 hours is an idiot. True but anyone who thinks that ahh **** it too hard.

True.
by stan
Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A lot of diehard Libs hate PvO with a passion he was a former Tony Abbott staffer who when given a TV show on Sky News dared to criticise the great man.

He's been excommunicated ever since.

Di Natale stepping down as leader of the Greens what do you reckon Jimmy time for SHY to ascend to the throne? SHY, the chosen one.

SHY to lead the greens.

Big bad bustling Barnaby back for the Nats, well challenging at least.

With have ScoMo, Frying-burger, Potato head as well.

2020 is year of the crazies.

Do you think we can turn Australia off and on again?
by stan
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:It's a good thing The Beetrooter lost, he needs less Government in his life after funneling millions for Cayman Angus

https://twitter.com/Barnaby_Joyce/status/1209372444726743046?s=20

*NB. don't drink and tweet
Nah piss off, always drink and tweet.
by stan
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2020

amber_fluid wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Cliché Ken.. just taking it one day at a time. [emoji38]

We we're beaten by a better team on the day.

You only need to be 10% off in this comp and you lose.. that's how tight it is..

Last man standing or right man standing?
[emoji38]
Maybe the only.man dumb enough to have a crack.
by stan
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Magellan wrote:In a literal and figurative sense...gastro/food poisoning.
Hang in here mate, it pass.....literally.
by stan
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:the Stella stubbies were free flowing & the CC and Dry

#workingclassbevvies

They’re a step down from red tins.
The only way to step down from red tins is to just start drinking muddy water directly of the ground.
by stan
Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Wedgie that's pretty much spot on at the moment.

The funny thing is people who are panic buying are also happy to go into shops with massive crowds.

I mean if your really that concerned you'd stay away from big gatherings right?
by stan
Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brett wrote:
stan wrote:God Brett just come out and say it,you seem to like the attention a bit much.

Im sure you can find it if you search it mate. Just going on what I was told by someone there if you are OK with that .
Not really, your bit of wanker to be honest. Have you decided which is your favourite user name yet?
by stan
Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Anyone is throwing in there membership about this is really targeting the wrong people. Fairly sure South didn't put there hand up and say yeah here have a ruckman on us.

The fact that South voted no means nothing. It's like Roy Laird yelling at clouds. The AFL treat all other leagues how they like and if the reserve teams were here or not would have made no difference.
by stan
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2020 Season

daysofourlives wrote:.
Hopefully you have used the right log I for that one mate.
by stan
Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Player movement

Brett wrote:
Brett wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Norwood’s Henry Crauford has been trialling with Essendon I believe. Still one list spot up for grabs

https://www.afl.com.au/news/383569/dons ... n-defender

Gone.
Whoa calm down news breaker. I think we are aware of that.
by stan
Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LMA wrote:Post, logout, login, like [emoji38] [emoji38]
Bahahahahaha at least he is still having a crack.
by stan
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Afl clubs looking to drastically cut lists to save money next year.

Down to as many as 36 so no afl reserves in our comp looking more likely.

To anyone who gave the old “they are here to stay just get over it “. You couldn’t of been more wrong Needed a virus to kill a cancer hey days?

It makes sense, smaller lists no reserves teams. Just took a global pandemic to get to that point.
by stan
Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This situation provide an opportunity for the SANFL and the SA AFL sides to truly part ways once and for all.

No reserve sides by the looks of it with smaller AFL lists.

SANFL back to 8 teams.

There's only one more thing left to sort out for a true split.
by stan
Fri May 01, 2020 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

fish wrote:
Groucho wrote:One out both out as far as I'm concerned. According to them they're one club so no SANFL for them.

This
Pretty certain there both gone. With reduced AFL list sizes it won't be possible. Back to 8 teams as long as there are still 8 teams when this is over.
by stan
Sat May 02, 2020 11:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Clubs

One out both out as far as I'm concerned. According to them they're one club so no SANFL for them.
This Pretty certain there both gone. With reduced AFL list sizes it won't be possible. Back to 8 teams as long as there are still 8 teams when this is over.

ya know what that means then, they will want to place their B graders back at the traditional clubs :roll: Yes most likely back to pre Reserve teams. Likely AFL list cut to the mid 30's is the talk at the moment.

8 SANFL sides, a few here so have wet pants about that.
by stan
Sun May 03, 2020 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows 2020

MW wrote:Slobbo and Whateley saying the AFL have covered something up with the Crows [emoji38] [emoji38]
How drunk was Slobbo, that should tell us how much crap they were talking.
by stan
Mon May 11, 2020 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Counted about 5 players of the 16 that played round 1 serval months ago.

Only a minor hut really but will be improved with Hart removed from the coaches box. Probably have come out in front.
by stan
Mon May 11, 2020 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also id like to add that in support of Tom Browne who might be doing it tough, I will look to start all my posts relating to football today with the following:

"I don't have all the details but....."

Let's all support each other in times of need.
by stan
Tue May 12, 2020 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also id like to add that in support of Tom Browne who might be doing it tough, I will look to start all my posts relating to football today with the following:

"I don't have all the details but....."

Let's all support each other in times of need.

"I'm led to believe..." "My sources tell me..." Look, I don't have all the details but.......I reckon there a couple of good ones as well that get trotted out.

My favourite part in all of this has to be Gary Lyon getting on his high horse about ethics.

I mean I'm either led to believe or I don't have all the details but rooting your mates wife probably doesn't make you an expert on ethic.
by stan
Tue May 12, 2020 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2020 Season

AFL have announced no AFL listed player will play State League footy this year so that would officially end any thoughts of Crows/Port in SANFL.

Heartbreaking. Yeah I know, I have said that for a while now and kept on saying it.

Enjoy the celebrations.

By the way yes I did actually know this would flop about AFL listed players and state league players, no it's not a football source but a health source. The Advice to the AFL on this matter was basically the most obvious thing you could imagine.

Basically state league players have jobs right, they aren't isolated right, generally won't be living in a bubble the AFL boys.....yep it was clear that the thing that defined these AFL sides will be the thing that keeps them out of the SANFL this season.
by stan
Tue May 12, 2020 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MW wrote:
stan wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Koch in fine form
Pretty much called Mick a racist.

No "pretty much" about it.
True, straight down the line with that one, clearly in a bad mood at the moment is old Kochie.

Strange thing to say.
by stan
Tue May 12, 2020 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hate to say we told you so but we told you so.

Pack up your shite and get out.

What’s the difference between a one legged, stuttering, homeless guy with severe Tourette’s who has been unemployed for 5 years and Port Adelaide Magpies ????

The homeless guy might one day have a future. Hahaha bang.

Reckon that will be the end of the reserves sides in the SANFL. Only took a global pandemic but it finally happened.
by stan
Tue May 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

I'm actually reading through this with interest, no minding Appachie at the moment, something different to the arena
by stan
Sat May 23, 2020 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
daysofourlives wrote: We are very lucky to have Trump

This won't age well....
Didn’t age well? It was stillborn
Trump is a massive wildcard, he could honest build the American economy and create WW3 in the same week.

I think the C19 pandemic ha really opened the US election at the end of the year right up.
by stan
Sat May 23, 2020 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
stan wrote:Piss off ya bastard, that's a classic. The wiggles are national treasures, How dare you mock another man for singing along.......

Are you in the same class?
No you poo poo head.
by stan
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Just put this out there, I know this country has its issues and we are by no means perfect, I mean we have our own issues about racism etc etc here as well.

But the last few months with what has been happening overseas and oh gosh the US for example, it really makes you appreciate living in Australia.
by stan
Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Booney wrote:F*ckity f*ck f*ck.

Pretty quiet here at work, boss has just said "You could have stayed home today". F*ck.

Brother rang last night asking if I wanted to go out in the boat today.

:twisted:
Yeah plenty of F*** about that one.
by stan
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Meant as a LOL not a troll, I did giggle but I love King of the Hill.

FB_IMG_1591269598095.jpg I've seen this a few times and had a good laugh, for God sakes have a laugh people, with all the shit going on at the moment let's not lose the ability to take the piss out of each other.

On a side note, the fact that this debate about a team wearing a Guernsey made famous by a bunch of ferals is dominating the football media at the moment really shows how badly we need the footy back.

Then we can spend time talking about teams shit performances.
by stan
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How bout Marshall just opens up the whole state for everyone, no restrictions on gatherings. Its obvious to everyone with half a brain the virus isnt present in this state anymore.
Maybe he's going to do his usual 5pm Friday presser and announce a raft of changes Forced his own hand by letting this go. I can't understand how this can go ahead but you can't have a crowd at a grassroots footy game. I mean you could actually social distance at these grounds, unlike tomorrow.
by stan
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2

He'll be here soon. Someone said crowds and well.you know....
by stan
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 2

Reading that Bennell is an in for the Dees this weekend.

Obviously not a dees fan, but seriously good luck to him. I hope his body holds up for him.
by stan
Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |