Search found more than 1028 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Warm weather and lovely young ladies about town.
by stan
Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Fricken hell stop with the maths. Too hot for that shit.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by stan
Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Doesn't really make me laugh, but makes me happy.

Im pretty crook, and slept in this morning.

My missus rang work to talk to me, and they told her I hadn't come in, and she couldn't get me on the mobile coz I was snoozin'.

She rushed home from work to make sure I wasn't dead, and woke me up about 9am.

I dawdled around the house getting ready and she said "You don't seem too worried. You're gonna be an hour and a half late to work without telling anyone".

My response, "What are they gonna do? Sack me?" (with a chuckle).

Get to work, everyone's happy to see me. Walk into the owners office. He's hands me a bottle of Sailor Jerrys and an envelope with Xmas cash in it. Then tells me to go home whenever I want.

So today I get a sleep in, a bottle of my favourite rum, a pretty decent wad of cash, and an early minute. :)
Where the **** do you work?
by stan
Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
Booney wrote:**** BREAKING NEWS ****

PLAYER FALLS DOWN AT TRAINING!!!

*****BREAKING NEWS*****
BOONEY DOES WAH WAH'S BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID "I HOPE HE'S OK"

;)

Racist. [emoji12]
by stan
Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia vs India ODI squad

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/virat-kohli-says-perfectly-timed-sledge-of-james-faulkner-not-far-off-the-truth/news-story/a9436cfffc7282958c2189748e9fc0fd

“The opposition has every right to use that as long as it doesn’t cross the line. And you have every right to reply as long as it doesn’t cross the line again."

Perfect by Kholi, 100% spot on.

We chat, He chats, as long as it doesn't cross the line and stays out there all good.

Unlike other Indian prats who take the holier than thou attitude and don't own up to their chat I'll take this bloke every time.

One of the reason I like Broad too!

Yep awesome, how's your team travelling Kohli. Had a win on our soil yet? No didn't think so. How's the series going? Your teams lost 3-0. Thank goodness that doesn't matter to you and your personal performance is all that matters.

If you had of smashed him all round the park as he said, you might have won a game.

Can't stand Kohli, will never forgive him for mocking an injured player. He's a selfish, self absorbed piece of shit.

Granted he is a quality batter.
He obviously hasnt seen much big bash. Most guys have smashed Faulkner around a bit lol.
by stan
Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Apparently Bignell will be paying back the $185.70.

Just saying that though $185.70 isnt bad for a night in a 5* hotel. Must of used wotif lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
by stan
Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty surprised dixons already hurt himself. Hope he's ok

Like most of the other drama queens, you clearly haven't read the article.

Got a knock to the knee, got up, got jogging with a bit of a hobble and kept training.

Move along now.
:shock:

I hope his knee is ok

One incident has nothing to do with the other. Keep slinging mud.
Easy mate, you know wubbsy likes to rub you a bit.
by stan
Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

So back to the issue at hand. How does Turnball get a handle on this right faction?

As it has been said an election is around the corner and hes not making the ground they would have wanted with a leadership change.

Does he need to make ground? Or just not say anything silly?

Shorten is just so goddamn boring, that I feel like Turnbull will win if he just keeps his house in order.

Needs just a little bit more than saying nothing. Just something at the moment because there is so much baggage wiht the libs at the moment.
by stan
Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aust tour squad v NZ announced - Sayers in.

stampy wrote:good to see the greentop smacking them fair in the face, you have to win the toss!

If we bowl them out say just after lunch then we will still be exposed to it. We are just as likely to collapse like they have.
by stan
Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australia win the first test
The series is now a dead rubber for the trophy
Good chance to see how the Chadd goes.

Siddle (injured) and Bird (terrible) out, Pattinson and Sayers in.
Bird and Hazelwood are too similar, Bird is no Hazelwood, see ya later.
Would like to see that attack. Definitely a bit of everything. I think Sayers should get a run and see if he is up to it at that level.
by stan
Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Wow.

I'm glad I'm not your mate or even played any sport with you Jesus.

There's some things you just don't do, And your best mates ex is certainly high on that list.

lol i totally agree tripper. i didnt bang billys missus nor anyones :) it was gary lyon geeze

Do you offer this site anything?

Do u mean like money? No just love & care LM

Define forum:
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Does it make u insecure when an opinion in a discussion forum is vastly different to yours?

I predict gary to still host footy show actually
You offer love and care?

Seems odd mate. Maybe just keep adding your opinion and we will all move past this awkward moment [emoji12]
by stan
Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

Whilst I agree we have been pathetic lately, this further opens up the issue about our depth. Keeping in mind we have lost out best bowler to the NZ tour and best bat in Ferguson to an injury and it appears we simply just don't have the depth to cover it. Which has been over issue for such a long time now.
by stan
Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Kiwis are not happy on talkback radio over there about their inability to stick around at the crease. McCullum is copping it.

Makes the fastest century ever and cops it. Swings and roundabouts
Yes in the first dig. But last night they needed to hang around an perhaps counter attacked this morning. Whilst its amazing to what him at times, but there is a time for daring and a time caution.
And a wise.man knows which is which.

He came in at 3 for bigger all in the first dig too
Hey benny stop countering my rants with logic ya bastard! [emoji12]
by stan
Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Say what you want about Shorten's bland persona, but his retort at that nutjob Bernadi this morning was bloody epic.

Adding mate on the end just steps it up a level.
by stan
Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

[quote="Brodlach"]Made a $1.49 million profit for 2015
Bit tidy. Is Fagan going to get a raise as that is a very good result.

Apparently that's after paying 800k to AFL equalisation and also 700k transport levy and 1.1m to SANFL. phenomenal result and def. deserves a raise.
Yet the other mob are "apparently" doing it better..... ;)

Cracking result[/quote]
In fairness though the crows should be around this mark. I think its almost back to normal for them which based on the additional monies going out they have done well and seem well placed off field for the future.
by stan
Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your saying Marshall and Chapman are too idealistic?
by stan
Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

A couple of articles in the Ruccitiser on Thursday, the SA Football Commission is under pressure from the 8 'traditional' SANFL clubs to start charging the Power an annual licence to play in the SANFL. The Crows pay $400K a year ($50K to each club) where as Port don't pay anything being a founding member of the SANFL in 1877. Rucci says the 8 traditional SANFL clubs want to change the 15 year agreement they signed with the two AFL clubs in 2014. Rucci says financial pressure is mounting but then again one SANFL club is reportedly paying their coach at least $150K this year.

In the other article John Olsen has supposedly blocked a move from the SANFL league directors to re-negotiate the 15 year agreement with the two AFL clubs signed in 2014. "A deal is a deal" Olsen told the Advertiser. The Crows pay the SANFL $11.326 million across the 15 years to release it's AFL licence and then $400K a year to play in the SANFL. Port Adelaide pays the SANFL $6.985 million over the 15 years for their AFL licence and then nothing to play in the SANFL. The SANFL league directors want Port to pay the same as the Crows to play in the SANFL. SANFL chief executive Jake Parkinson says the Crows pay because they have use of the facilities at Football Park free of charge and Port does not pay because their SANFL side plays out of Alberton Oval. It's only 2 years into the 15 year agreement and that was pointed out to the SANFL league directors on Tuesday night and will not be revisited.

Said Parkinson "Some clubs are making year-after-year losses we have to face up to that. We have to grow revenue. But we also have to look at the cost base."

So we can't even trust Olsen on terms to be "reviewed" annually.

I miss Whicker he'd of called bullshit to the entire operation upfront.

Olsen = clueless sell out
John Olsen. The former premier who resigned mid term after some below board deals. And then you said something about trust. ....
by stan
Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

From all the reserves teams blaming going on in here I take it Glenelg were in making profits year after year before 2014?
I think the point is that Glenelg has been struggling for a bit but the issue with the AFL reserves coming in has turned away alot of passionate supporters. These are the types of people who the clubs need dueing this time to help save them.
by stan
Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Collingwood 2016

Q. wrote:
Dog_ger2 wrote:will Buckley last a full season.. in 2016..?

He's about to sign a contract extension

Piss funny?
by stan
Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Honest to god Bill Shorten is employed by the Liberal party. He is their greatest weapon in the up coming election.
by stan
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the more advanced members there's enough time to knit a set of oven mitts before removing the pan.

My grandma came over the other day and gave my 4 month old a crows blanket she has knitted.

Sometimes stereotypes are there because they have an element of truth.

Well, most stereotypes begin as an observation of reality. It becomes a problem with it's not representational or out dated.

But I'm, still struggling with why it seems to be used as an insult. Apricot slice is great and I wish I had some now. Knitting is going out of fashion but that's probably because we can buy clothes from China for 50 cents. The people you're talking about did just happen to grow up in an era where they didn't have a lot because most of the world had spent their resources trying to stop Hitler and Hirohito taking over the world.
I wonder if in 50 years we'll be sating the same about Trump.

I blame Port for this.
by stan
Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Are the Reserves staying or going

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3361/

SANFL STATEMENT - RESERVES

The SANFL notes recent media speculation about the future of its reserves competition.

The speculation is inaccurate and unfounded.

We wish to make it clear that no change is being considered or anticipated with regard to our reserves competition.

No further comment will be made on this matter.

I did not have sexual relations with that women........
by stan
Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

leading upto the Budget is the best time for the Govt, when they drip feed the good news

however all the talk this year has been more focused on the election and double dissolutions....

if the election is in September, I dare say that plays right into Labors hands

any danger that Turnbull may actually make a decision.......
Why start now?
I guess the feeling is that SA is a political wasteland for the libs at the moment. Maybe even Pyne is a real chance to lose his seat.

I did a telephone survey about him last week but haven't seen it published yet
It was about him and Xenophon

Being in Pynes electroate there seems to be a big push for phone surveys asking about Nick X as well as the mail out survey as well. There was one that I particiated in before the Turnball announcment and then another after asking the same questions. Very clear what the intent is of these, he is obviously worried out Nick X at the moment and with Adelaide moving towards becoming the Australian Detroit it would be tough for a standing MP to hold there own at the moment. Just too many areas that opportunists like Nixk X and his team can jump on and run with.
by stan
Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon I would be, yes.
As we saw last season with Ports fraw they actually got through the first 5 rounds which were the toughest at 3-2. Where the season fell away was when they last to us at AO and then Brisbane and Cartlon away.

So really while you can have a tough start, even if you get through it you need to be mindful of how much energy you spend on doing it.
by stan
Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buddy?

woodublieve12 wrote:Well after all those negatives comments by buddy and horse, I certainly can't see him playing

Lol, shut up and take your logic elsewhere. There is no place for logic on this forum.
by stan
Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gossipgirl wrote:
stan wrote:Senate has passed the voting reforms. Come into effect july 1. Could we see and election July 2?

No

You may be wrong there GG. Could be a possibility with the budget being brought forward. But depends on tne ABCC bill I guess.
by stan
Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Round 1 Side

Delete your post Doc ? lol. Worry about your own club is probably the best advice we can give you. Must be a lonely place down there when week in week out most opposition supporters out number the home team. Mind you you never who is keeping out of the elements in their cars.

You're a flog mate must be lonely having no mates!

South Adelaide, counting memberships with both thumbs since 1964.
Wharfie scum. [emoji12]

Ahh that feels better
by stan
Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

MW wrote:I rate my work tacking on an RDO on the Tuesday after easter...5 day weekend bitches

**** you ya bastard [emoji12]
by stan
Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1....Finally It Is Here

bennymacca wrote:jeez goldy has won it for them here, he has stood up hugely in this last quarter

Actually it was the Stan kiss of death that did it. But Goldy played his part.
by stan
Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Need our 3 pacers to really go hard tomorrow. With a main bowler down its a massive ask.

But **** lets have a bloody crack anyway.
by stan
Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bombers4EVA wrote:IF YOU AINT FIRST YOU ARE LAST. Who cares how well you played in the season. Or who has played well. Those stats don't win ya medals or trophies.

Settle down Ricky Bobbie. Remember his old man was high that day when he came to his class.
by stan
Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Digital AFL access

If you are a telstra mobile customer they are giving you free access to all AFL games vision on your mobile.

Yeah I signed up for this. Is it data free?

Me, being the opposite of a tech guru, is there anyway that I can link this live stream from my phone to the TV? Is that what this chromecast does?? Is there anything else that I need?
Yes there is. You need a Mhl to hdmi converter and a separate power supply for it. Its only a 5v thing I think. You can get a converter on ebay for $15 or something like that. Just need to make sure its compatable with your phone.

Not sure how to setup with chromecast though.
by stan
Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - discussion

MW wrote:
stan wrote:I am crazy to think that Collingwood can win tonight. I have no idea what it is, for some reason I think they will win tonight.

Is Stan Crazy?

I tipped Collingwood

I dont know what it is, but I think they'll get up tonight.
by stan
Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="Brodlach"]I love that it's round three and you are already selecting Mitchell

I love it's round 3 and you've had the cup engraved.
Not me , I don't think we are close to being premiers, I just remember some Port supporters not long ago saying how poor Mitchell is.

I said it, on the last page. You get pleasure from strange sources I guess. :lol:

I only get pleasure from you Booney :oops:[/quote]
That qualifies as a strange source.
by stan
Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

**** me, some of your fans have either too much time on there hands or was Ken justifying his game plan via big footy lol
by stan
Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How the F**k did Toumpas hold his spot? Injuries or not.

Would've been perfect timing to blood young Bonner, All playing that spud does is take a game of what I think Bonner will turn in to. A jet.

I get the subtle feeling that you don't rate Toumpass.

I think in terms of selections Byrne-Jones deserves his selection this week ahead of Bonner.
by stan
Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How the F**k did Toumpas hold his spot? Injuries or not.

Would've been perfect timing to blood young Bonner, All playing that spud does is take a game of what I think Bonner will turn in to. A jet.

I get the subtle feeling that you don't rate Toumpass.

I think in terms of selections Byrne-Jones deserves his selection this week ahead of Bonner.

What would ever make you think that?? Lol :D

I am real good at reading people, that or the number of posts calling him a spud lol
by stan
Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe they are backing in Lobbe to beat Luenberger as the Bombers don't really have a second ruck option. This would allow the tall defenders to stay put. Whoever is on Daniher would want to be able to jump.
Luey will towell up Lobbe at ball ups but Lobbe should be too good around the ground. Ambrose and Daniher will give him a chop out around the ground but the big fella will probably ruck 80% of the night
Agree Jim Leunberger is a better ruckmen but heck will he stay in the park?
by stan
Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans

[quote="daysofourlives"]Dont forget to tune into fox at about 4 30pm Saturday Arvo for Adam Goodes and his lap.
I guess with 49000 members the ground will be packed for this blockbuster
Should be awesome. Absolute legend of the game and the club...
Collingwood should fly a few fans up there to boo just for the lols [emoji6]
Your a ******* racist Jim [emoji12]
Still running with that.[/quote]
All I can think about now is that there is so much room for activities.
by stan
Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3....and they start to appear.

Q. wrote:How many Friday night games do Essendon have?

Make it stop.
by stan
Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 3....and they start to appear.

Jim05 wrote:It's over, great move by the paper Tigers to sign up Hardwick, they are going nowhere.
Good win by the Saints too

On the saints they have improved quite a bit and seem to be heading in the right direction.
by stan
Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dyson Heppell to adelaide bahahaha

Was the editor of advertiser away this week and any random staff member could post the most amount of dribble on the back page heppell full size is a crows jumper aka dangerfield in a geelong jumper last season

Is it clown week at newscorp or was it something kane cornes heard at the local kindergarten from one of the little kiddies

Worst than the british tabloids to even suggest to yourself youd spend 3 hours writing an essay about heppell to adelaide omg

Year 8 english encouragement award goes to K. Corneees :D

Didn't he just say the crows should target Heppell?

Obviously he wouldn't come here, but the crows and every single other afl club would be idiots not to get in contact with him and his management.

Slow news day. But I think it was time better spent than your rant about it, and subsequently my time spent reading and replying to it.
(I'm currently pooping, so got time to kill though)

Think everyone else just lol'd at the headline and moved on with their lives.

Phht not sure if u saw the paper or read it online. Full page photo of heppell in a crows guernsey on the back page. Written by a port power player in his rookie year as a journalist

Tomorrows back page nate fyfe in a crows guersney.... maybe theyll trade him? Yea lets put that idea as the main story full page on the back of the states newspaper put him in a crows guersney. Is this grade 5 english class?

You seem to know a lot about what 'everyone' thinks and what they do with their lives
Tiser on tough times. Getting fire fighters to write articles [emoji12]
by stan
Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ports new Club song

The world today seems absolutely crackers
With nuclear bombs to blow us all sky high
There's fools and idiots sittin' on the trigger
It's depressing and it's senseless, and that's why

I like Chinese, I like Chinese
They only come up to your knees
Yet they're always friendly, and they're ready to please

There's nine hundred million of them in the world today
You'd better learn to like them, that's what I say

They come from a long way overseas
But they're cute and they're cuddly, and they're ready to please

I like Chinese food, the waiters never are rude
Think of the many things they've done to impress
There's Maoism, Taoism, I Ching, and chess

So I like Chinese, I like Chinese
I like their tiny little trees
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin and yang-ese

I like Chinese thought, the wisdom that Confucius taught
If Darwin is anything to shout about
The Chinese will survive us all without any doubt

So, I like Chinese, I like Chinese
Yet they're wise and they're witty and they're ready to please
All together

Wo ai zhongguo ren, wo ai zhongguo ren
Wo ai zhongguo ren
Ni hao ma; ni hao ma; ni hao ma; zaijien

Their food is guaranteed to please
A fourteen, a seven, a nine and lychees

I like their tiny little trees
Their Zen, their ping-pong, their yin and yang-ese

Read more: Monty Python - I Like Chinese Lyrics | MetroLyrics :D
Thats probably your best post to date to be honest.
by stan
Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 4 discussion

Jase wrote:I know my Blues aren't great (understatement?) but Richmond are diabolical....

You guys should have probably won in round 1 if you had a bit more polish.
by stan
Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Last night WC wore a gold guernsey, Richmond have a large gold sash on their's, the umpires wear their bright light green.
Stupidity at its best. The AFL need to go back to colour coding the umpires so they don't clash with the players. They simply could've worn red last night & there would be no issue. This is not hard to work out.
They could have worn white without any issue. You know when thry trialed in the last 100 odd years or so [emoji12]
by stan
Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:Why would buddy be being boo-ed as well?

No no they were saying boo-uddy.
by stan
Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
valleys07 wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:I think Port will react strongly against Geelong and win. I am going to pick Port again in tips ... surely at home they will put in a huge effort

Hacked.

Will you do a review of the game this week lol?

Im not sure the swear filter will be able to handle a review from Valleys lol
by stan
Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon Sydney have been the best "recyclers" for a long time. Players like Lockett, Roos and Schwass came as established stars, but Hall, Bolton, Kennedy, McGlynn, Mumford, Richards, Maxfield etc really found new levels with the Swans.
I dont think Lockett was anymore "recycled" than Buddy and Tippett were.

Yeah I kinda said that mate
Sorry mate, tired as **** today.
by stan
Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Reckon Sydney have been the best "recyclers" for a long time. Players like Lockett, Roos and Schwass came as established stars, but Hall, Bolton, Kennedy, McGlynn, Mumford, Richards, Maxfield etc really found new levels with the Swans.
I dont think Lockett was anymore "recycled" than Buddy and Tippett were.
by stan
Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Darcy annoys me

Say that again?
by stan
Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |