Search found more than 1028 matches

Return

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

bennymacca wrote:its pick 5.

still seems overs for beams imo.

Sorry mate, must still be in disbelief that Melb got 3 for Frawley lol
by stan
Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brendan McCartney

bennymacca wrote:makes the way the crows handled the situation look awesome! haha.

What having your board member looking to kill you off since July? Yeah you blokes did well.
by stan
Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Voss is a shit head coach. Dean Bailey (rest in peace) was a average head coach but was a good assistant and had great knowledge to pass on.

I would say having Voss around a young midfield group is not a bad thing.

I would almost tip my hat to Port if they weren't mob of wharfie scum ferals.
by stan
Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

I went home to my wife in 1996 with the news I had just been assured by Alexander Downer that he would back me for a safe Liberal state seat.
She went right off and suggested she wouldn't stand in my way but wouldn't stick around for the role of MP's wife and hence public property.

Recently I got an email from the Liberal Party seeking nominations to become candidates and I looked at it for 45 seconds before deleting it.

My wife's winning comment in 1996 was, "You're too idealistic, you'll hate the compromises you have to make, and that will make you Hell to live with!"
Was she talking generally or if you went into politics?

Well she was talking about if I went into politics specifically at the time , but it is probably generally true...

I had dinner with another (lawyer) friend and Greg Crafter one weekend recently and we had a healthy 3-way political debate in which I was probably in the middle ground. Later in the evening Greg was urging me to stand for state parliament - I think he likes idealists, being one himself.

(Lets not read any conspiracy into the fact that I was recently introduced to Martin Hamilton Smith's sister by another friend who knows Greg...)
You should stand psyber. I'd vote for you but only if you dropped your real name an offically called yourself Psyber [emoji6]
by stan
Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Let's not forget the most expensive by a long margin, if not the highest profile, recruits to the SANFL in 2015—all the way from Hawthorn, it's Kyle Cheney and Luke Lowden.

Given that the Crows 2nds have dumped or waved goodbye to 9 AFL-listed players who played some SANFL in 2014, and it's looking likely that 7 of their replacements will be kids fresh out of the draft, I reckon that the Crows reserves' passionate supporters can pretty safely book September holidays next year. Both of them.
Don't think Grigg will play much SANFL next season either. I think a change in staff for the AFL side would mean he wi get more of a run. This would mean they would be weaker again. But I know what your saying with some of the players delisted, the SANFL side will be younger again.
by stan
Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

[quote="bennymacca"]Lyons has signed a new deal with the crows

Great news for the crows haters out there

Another genuinely average footballer stuck on their list

What a pathetic post

whufc might be a little harsh with his comments, but really not that far off the mark.

Lyons is no world beater and lacks pace, something Adelaide admit they need.

John Butcher says hello ...[/quote]
We all have thosr players. Raise you a player that got beaten in a time trial by the coach.......
by stan
Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Massively rate morning sex.

Just makes the day much better.
by stan
Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

[quote="LPH"]Makes sense to play that game @ Norwood Oval.
Could time it right, so the Power Fans can go to both.
Why should we cater for them?
We are the Premiers, should be looking after our fans first and foremost
So you'd rather have say 6k at a 3pm game at your club's home ground than say 10k at a 2pm game for the sake of looking after your own? I hope you're not on the NFC board.
And if I was on the board of the NFC these two Cancers wouldnt even be in the comp and we wouldnt be having this argument

This may be true. Although if you were on the board you'd also need to spend time with Centurion in a cafe on the Parade talking about club finances.[/quote]
Nobody said the job would come without sacrifices.
by stan
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:getting two lots of homebrews down and a third 60litre brew to be done tomorrow

about to hit the golf course and enjoy this magnificent spring weather

No offense mate but go get ******.
by stan
Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Millsie89 wrote:How do the Eagles have any cap space for all of these new recruits after signing Wundke, Ainger and Boyd recently? They haven't really lost many 'big earners' have they??

Well I did have a chat at cibo's earlier in he week with a board member. .....
by stan
Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tit Friday. Thanks to he weather.
by stan
Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:I've been told there was some numbers counting taking place among the Libs recently.

Oh really, a goat would probably get the numbers against Marshall. ....

Heck Marshall would probably say vote for the goat.
by stan
Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

bennymacca wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:We're starting to talk about 2015 now.
Change thread title?

or start a new thread so we don't get 1 billion post long threads?

I think we should update the title and keep it going. Then its all in one thread.
by stan
Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

State government doing its best with Sa Water. Hey if you only have a few cows, better get all the milk you can.
by stan
Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so you had a hard on in the waiting room of your dr?

A slight breeze gets me going....what of it!

Reminds me of Year 7 Sex Ed.

The female teacher stood in front of the class and told everybody (boys and girls) that boys get erections for no reason sometimes and it was normal. They even get them while they're at school. All the girls attention turned to the nearest boys crotch.

Thanks a lot bitch. Our cover was blown. :lol:
Got the girls keen by the sounds of it. That teacher dis you guys a favour.
by stan
Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Any chance we can have no more G20 summits or any other big conferences so Tony isn't on the world stage... Dead set embarrassment.

I am sure Putin and Obama must be thinking who the f--k voted this clown in.
Putin probably thought of invading Australia, then spent time with Abbott and came to the conclusion that the public voted his guy in so he first would be considering what f***wits we all are and secondary this place is not worth the headf***.
by stan
Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The "Puppies"

Booney wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
stan wrote:Think Lambie needs that good root now. Might help her settle down ;)

you volunteering ;)

As long* as you're her "type", good luck to you!

Well boon I'm not rich but would like to think Ive got the goods.

As for volunteering, for the good of the country ill root her.
by stan
Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Oval Football Membership Price Increase

Dutchy wrote:Crows are not squealing like Port

Nah cause they get free rent. Still living with mum and dad.
by stan
Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/its-time-for-port-adelaide-to-stop-passing-the-buck-on-big-losses/story-e6frea6u-1227123142007

Years to late but hey

Some people don't agree with what he said and have bitched and moaned about the article, pretty obvious who those people support....Everything he said in the article is spot on and would be hard for any intelligent person to argue.
Yeah but I still think Cornes is a knob even if he is spot on.
by stan
Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

woodublieve12 wrote:Seems to be ALOT of pressure on Paddy Ryder.. Saying he's the missing link to winning a flag is huge!!! Has he earnt that rep??

Not as much as getting a 9 year contract.
by stan
Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

cracka wrote:Wow, there is only about 4 posts related to the actual topic, is that a record.

Although its nice that it didnt turn into a No AFL in the SANFL thread.
by stan
Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ABC budget cuts

5 regional offices are closing

jobs across the tv and radio national network will be cut
Yeah but there not cuts remember or cuts to services because thats what Abbott meant when he said no cuts. But he didn't rule out well cuts so there you go we all just misunderstood him and we are all idiots.

Only Malcom Turnball was smart enough understand what Abbott was talking about.
by stan
Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Redbacks 2014/15

Young Harry Nelson scored 43 not out for the cricket aust invitational Xl today against india. Called up at the last minute and has done well.
by stan
Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After weeks of coping it about the stadium deal the SANFL has fire a shot back at he AFL. Preparing to hand over a 10mil cheque to clear the debt with the AFL and hence reduce there power.

Its a good move by the SANFL, basically saying the clubs cam whinge all they like, we are in charge.

Well played SANFL.
by stan
Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

This one could have gone in given you the shits if it wasnt so funny. So those people that are too lazy to take there metro card out of either a bag, wallett or pocket and almost end up rubbing themselves on the swipe box, you make me laugh. Especially the lady this morning, the swipe box didnt even need to buy her a drink and it was getting lucky.
by stan
Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Thank you David Johnston

the next time there is a household fight

the *male can apologise for getting into a rhetorical flourish

as females rarely apologise

Pleas try that for us all first. If we dont here from you we will just assume your missus ended you [emoji6]
by stan
Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Problem with things like a GP co-payment is the unintended consequences, eg people may hesitate on visiting the doctor for things that seem minor but may be more sinister, that left unchecked end up costing more as a result.

I am not suggesting that it is bad policy, but it may be modified to get better outcomes.

The doctors don't have to charge the co-payment
This is true but thats like saying the power companies didnt need to pass on the carbon tax......
by stan
Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

My boss makes me laugh.

He thinks he is good at his job, but really he is a good talker. What he doesnt know is people on the same level as him have started making comments. Its funny, because I have been thinking certain things for a while and its funny when you hear someone have a conversation.

But hey, he'll talk.
by stan
Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:How smoothly prep is going for my roast chook for dinner following an Ainsley recipe.

Do you do anything but cook, drink, punt and play golf?

Im jealous

I hate you MT
by stan
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really from a labor point of view it wasnt a hard campaign to run. All you had to do was target the feds and mention Marshall and there you go and upset.
by stan
Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Good to see Clarke back in this morning, haven’t seen any of the action but he’s put on 25 runs so can’t be doing bad. Does he look like he’s moving well?

not moving well

but moving well enough to get into positions to play the shots required

Some dreadful bowling to him. Short and wide outside off stump. Terrible really. We have added 51 runs this morning without the loss of a wicket. Very poor from India this morning.
by stan
Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:So all he does is troll but not troll in the post that you quoted and said he trolls.

Righty oh then.

In fairness Dutchy has always been like this. But its hard to blame him as he just hates Port and really kickinit is alot of fun to stir up.
by stan
Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This weather.

Tight skits and tits out. Its a great day.
by stan
Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

******* hell Shaun Marsh. Thats 2 you have dropped.
by stan
Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

I'm watching it and wondering how the hell Beer ever played test cricket.
by stan
Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sharma has Sledged Johnson a fair bit when he has been out there. He asked Johnson how many wickets did he take on this deck........then all hell broke loose.

But while Johnson is bowling a bit flat, do you really want to fire him up and get the best out of him?
by stan
Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watto bowling well here boys.
by stan
Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What Ryan Carters as a no.3. Has runs behind him.
by stan
Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BBL 4

The way Brett Lee carries on out there it was nice to watch him get spanked.
by stan
Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="dedja"]The government is starting to leak like a sieve with damaging backgrounding discrediting Abbott ... a carcass swinging in the breeze now and only a matter of time before he's gone.

Can't see him lasting the year.

maybe have another stabbing in the back like the previous government then?

Yes

And an outbreak of foot-in-mouth syndrome

this is what is so comical to me at the moment about voters and the PM. A lot of people have shoort minds and believe it has only been tony that has lied and stuffed things up. Short memories of previous governments

nah....its only abbott who has ever lied to get the PM

Possibly the stupidest argument I have ever heard in my life. Most of us would rather that no politician lied.[/quote]
BahahahabahajahbabababnahahHhaha

Shit I think I pissed little.
by stan
Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

bennymacca wrote:Image

Benny, I havr no beef with you but for some reason I now want to punch you.
by stan
Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg FC

F#ck me, you just don't get it.

Yeh I do get it, the sanfl clubs voted yes and now they have to deal with it. It is their fault and no one else.
I said this some time ago that the clubs voted yes. Regardless of the shit **** spin crap from Trigg or whoever the clubs needed to do there own checks. Now we are stuck with this. We the fans may not have voted for it but our clubs did.

Thats a point that can't be argued. However whether its good for the comp can be and will be regardless.
by stan
Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Wallaroo marina hotel. View is amazing looking out to the marina. Food was well and truly outstanding. Easily the best meal i've ever had. It is a bit on the pricey side to what you would expect to pay at a hotel, but the food and views are definitely worth it.
We're heading to Yorkes now, having lunch there Tuesday. Looking forward to to it.

In Wallaroo go to the Weeroona pub for lunch. Best and biggest pub meals I've seen for ages.

is that on the woodland side or the other side of the main street? Both of those 2 pubs look so run down and dirty there's no way I would eat from one of them.
Book, cover.....
by stan
Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this is certanily not port bashing but on the back of the advertiser it said something about port being a powerhouse. ZI'm not saying port won't be competitve this year and will certainly be around the mark but have port earned the name 'powerhouse'?

Again i'm certainly not having a crack at port. just interested to hear port supporters thoughts.

Regardless of what was in the article I'm in total disbelief and shock they couldn't get the Crows on the back yet again!

ease up, for the last month its been nothing but a powervertiser, sp fufckin saickening
You seem so upset there days you lost the ability to type towards the end [emoji6]
by stan
Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:
Booney wrote:Why? The Desal plant doesn't work yet, does it?

been working for a couple of years now, but isn't in use because it isn't needed atm

I believe a small portion of water is still being produced.

sent from the plant of the apes
by stan
Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

Finance minister Corman has stated that nothing has changed. This is getting awkward now.

So its the same as it was but changed..........
by stan
Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Turnbull showing why he is head and shoulders above the rabble that is parliament, eating Shorten for breakfast.

Turnball on the front foot. Ask the captain if he could go in at the wicket and blasted the attack.

Too good.
by stan
Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: submarines

After he stopped the interviewer interrupting him, Chris Pyne made a fairly good attempt at defining it this morning on 891as a process in which those who wish to bid for the job need to also make a case that they have the ability to see the project through and successfully deliver the goods, and not just put up a cheaper tender price.

However, I do agree there has been duplicity in the appearing to promise the role to SA and then backing away.

On the other hand, as much as it would be good to have the work in SA, the past Collins class subs were subject to excessive delays in being deployable due the leaks, and excessive noise which made them too easily detectable. The ASC would need to convince the government that wouldn't happen again.
The initial collins class design was in fact too noisy. That's correct however the desgim was Swedish which most Lib supporters seems to forget or try to ignore. The alteration to the design was a good one and improved the subs remarkably.

That the actual collins class subs deployment has been rather successful and result in war games have been excellent throughout there life.

All in all, they have had delays but currently they are a better set of subs than you would believe.
by stan
Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Im saying the sled incident was stupid because they shouldn't be near each other while using them. Doesn't matter if other clubs use them unsafely as well.

Kickinit apparently is saying the sled incident is stupid because it hit Reilly in the head, hence why I am now distancing myself from him.

Too late, Mr Turnbull. ;)
This has all came about from the mess that Labor has left us with....
by stan
Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

He referred to the holocaust today in Parliament today, when discussing employment.

Didn't go down particularly well.
Minor issue really but he still needs to learn that in the heat of the moment he has to think through what he is trying to say.

If he hasnt worked out by now that the media will jump on him about anything he says then really he has learnt nothing.
by stan
Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |