Search found 88 matches

Return

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

Bombers v Cows in Round 1, playing for the annual Trigg/Hird Integrity Cup
by Jim05
Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SACA apply to CA

I'm sure the SCG will be available for whoever we play.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Regarding the toss. Adelaide was meant to be a flatter road than the Southern Expressway and Perth was meant to be a batters dream after day 1 according to all Media sources. Please, this mob are under attack more than any other touring side and suggestions of changing the rules doesn't hide the fact that they are getting hit left, right and centre no matter where they turn and they are piss weak for Test Cricketers. This is real test cricket. Welcome to the toughest tour on the the planet and it's about time we got some balls back.
by LaughingKookaburra
Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Ronnie wrote:The Crows= arrogance on a plate.

Your clubs gave them that right when you bent over and let them drive a truck up your arses
by whufc
Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

The relentless f*ckwitdness of the Crows and Power supporters on this thread reminds me what we've lost when we admitted their f*cktard ilk into the SANFL.

English would be nice

Ilk throw you oik?

nope didn't throw me, just trying to understand what you where saying. What have you lost. What has any power support on this thread said, to remind you of your so call loss?

I rest my case re the whole English as a second language thing

Just sh*ts me to tears that you mindless sheep who follow the two AFL teams from Adelaide thinks the sun shines out of your collective ar*es.

You know what, I don't give a flying *uck what the Power or the Crowz do, pretend clubs in an artificial league, they do not, and will never, represent South Australian football heritage no matter how many state jumpers or creeds exploited for commercial advantage they flog off to the brain dead twerps who think they barrack for them.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

The coalition under Abbott is just a propaganda machine. He uses the media to not only get his point of view across but disgraceful distorts and perpetuates outright lies in order to support his position.

A few examples.

Budget Emergency & Labor's debt disaster

If this is true, then why is his government INCREASING spending over the forward estimates ... thats right, increasing it, not decreasing it.

The pre-budget release of the completely political 'it's Labor's budget mess we're fixing' was classic propaganda, the stuff that North Korea would have been proud of.

Also, he has repeatedly decided the need to curb increasing spending on pensions. I'm not sure how Labor contributed to this long standing issue because they didn't. In fact, it was Labor under Hawke/Keating that introduced the Super Guarantee that we all now enjoy, and it was the previous Labor government under Rudd/Gillard that proposed to increase the Super Guarantee from 9% to 12% but was vehemently opposed by the coalition.

Budget Deficits

The Budget claims that 2014-2015 is forecast to deliver a $30B deficit with their budget measures, an improvement of $20B from the estimated position ($50B) due to Budget measures, therefore claiming a fiscal windfall of $20B due to their superior financial management. They also claimed the the previous Labor government 'cooked the books' to come up with their estimates. Well $8B of this $20B budget improvement comes from manipulating the Reserve Bank, effectively cooking the books as they accused Labor of doing. A significant portion of the remaining 'savings' are just cost shifting to the States and Territories, like reducing Health and Education payments. Then to make sure they have the best chance of getting there, the government rips unprecedented massive amounts out of the foreign aid budget, hoping that the xenophobia that drives the 'illegal boat crisis' will allow them to get away with it without too much scrutiny.

Health and Education

It is widely accepted that approx $80B LESS will be funded by the Federal Government for Health and Education over then next 10 years. This is a $80B cost shift from the Federal government to the States and territories. Gonski and NDIS pre-election commitments have been broken.

University funding will be reduced by approx 20%, with the shortfall to be recovered by allowing the Universities to set their own fees from 2016. Student repayments of HELP will increase due to the interest rate increasing from 2% to possibly 6%. A double whinny for Uni students.

The Federal government is trying to divert attention from this cost shifting in education and health by creating a health and medical research fund, which will be funded by the $7 co-payment for doctors visits. The figures of a $20B fund are impressive, but remember that overall the government will be cutting funding to the sector. I have worked and am currently associated with health and medical research so the fund is a great thing, but unfortunately created by deceit and by ripping out funding the Universities, who will therefore have LESS funding for their own research.

GST

Abbott and his colleagues consistently stated prior to the election that thy have no plans to increase the rate of GST, claiming that to change the rate all States have to unanimously agree. Well actually, they DON'T. The Federal government has the power to change the rate of the GST without the unanimous approval of the States.

Also, with their clear strategy of starving the States of funding in Health and Education, they have deliberately setup a fight with the States, in order to goad them into requesting and demanding more funding. Anyone's guess what will happen? Yes, that's right, the GST rate will increase and the States will be blamed for it by the Federal government, even though they (the Feds) deliberated caused the issue.

Stop playing politics and allow us to govern

This is the genius of Tony Abbott. From the day he became opposition leader, he had a very clear and deliberate strategy to throw every parliamentary convention out the window. Bi-partisanship was dead.

He requested the suspension of standing orders so many times we lost count. This was a calculated move to allow him to grandstand in parliament and grab media headlines to get his message across. He used politics at every opportunity, and on many occasions when it was totally inappropriate.

He also is the master of repeating his message ad-infinitum with his infamous '3 word slogans'. Listen very carefully to the way he speaks. He very deliberately doesn't try to accuse the Labor party or his opponents, he does it in a way of commentary to strong suggest that what he says is fact. Most journos fall for it every time and rarely question him on it. It's a very clever way to get a message across and to be part of the everyone's thinking.

Now in government, he has appointed the most partisan speaker in living memory who so blatantly is favouring the government in parliament that's its an embarrassment. This is to ensure that Labor doesn't resort to the tactics that he so successfully employed himself in opposition.

So he used his infamous 'wrecking ball' to make parliament and the act of governing almost impossible, regardless of how competent or otherwise the Labor government was at the time.

He has almost single handedly brought down any respect the electorate had in politicians and the running of parliament.

But now that he is in government, any attempt to make his government responsible for their actions is met with the 'you' re playing politics' response. Let us govern he says. Well, this is where the karma bus revs up.

So im summary, this government will no doubt in my mind be looked at as the most deceitful in living memory, and will drag it so far to the right that in years to come, it wouldn't be totally outrageous to suggest that John Howard may himself disassociate himself from it as Malcolm Fraser has clearly done in opposing his former party for so long.

I'm not confident that Labor has the ability to capitalise on the absolute gift that has been presented to them by Abbott. Labor has no real right to expect to form government for at least 6 years. The action of the current government has given them hope, and I'm an certain that Abbott will be brought down by his own party to save themselves from disaster when the enormity of what they have setup with this budget takes hold. Malcolm Turnbill will drag the party towards the centre where they belong.

We can only hope.
by dedja
Thu May 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Whicker Retires

UK Fan
by am Bays
Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 Chit Chat

Great weekend to live in South Australia :D
by daysofourlives
Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It would be the worst ever year for amount of paid customers through the gate comfortably. Throw in smaller numbers of members, a bigger bill for TV and less publicity especially in finals time and things aren't looking great. The reserves sides have definitely been a big step backwards and could potentially get worse as the novelty wears off. The only positives are no byes and the Crows having one less excuse for being sh!t.
by Wedgie
Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I rate my wife.

I'm not usually one for sharing my sob stories, but here goes.

Recently, my depression has started to get the better of me and this, combined with strong back pain, is causing me to have daily anxiety attacks.

Most people would tell me to just get over it.

Not her.

Today, she showed the patience of a saint, She woke up, helped me get my breathing on track, rubbed my back and shoulders, and talked me through it. She then suggested I return to see my counselor, and I agreed.

For me, my depression and anxiety are manageable 95% of the time. It's times like this that I appreciate my wife even more.

Hey Dude.

Hang in there.

Sometimes we are dickheads on here.

But we reach out to each other.

Keep talking to us.

PM me anytime.
by Dog_ger
Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rd 17 Norwood v Port

Ah Mal, making up fictional teams again I see! No such team as "Port reserves". Only the Port Adelaide Football club, playing as the Power in the AFL, and the Magpies in the SANFL. Saying otherwise on every Port related thread won't change the reality.

Denying the sky is blue doesn't make you right either.

The Magpies are Port Power's reserves team, don't really know how you can argue that point.
by topsywaldron
Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

I have no problem with what Roo said. If it's ok for the player to not committ (even if it's just verbally in the media) then why not the club.

Coz the player isnt out of contract til the end of NEXT season. Roos talking about trading him this year. Imagine if Danger said "im gonna leave after next season" He'd be dogging the club in their eyes. There'd be talk of not playing him coz he's not committed to the club, yadda yadda.
by HH3
Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL draft - Thurs 27 Nov - (also PSD/Rookie draft 3/12/1

did spudtrenko find a home?

Can;t beleive Beech got left out again.
by Coach Bombay
Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Ignorance wasn't a good defence for Wade or Saad.
by Q.
Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

People in grammatically challenged glass houses, dear Kickinit, should be not throwing the word stupid around so liberally.
Im no kickinit fan by any means, but what he said is right, and all you could do is pick him up on grammar.

That's because he know's i'm right. Anyone with half a brain would understand the importance of safety when your undertaking a task such as this. It's not like he cut a cut on the leg, he got smacked in the head and is now in the ICU and more then likely will never play footy again.
Ok now im off ya!
by HH3
Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Godden Steps Down as State Coach

Great, the State team will be full of his Glenelg mates, Crows MKII
by Jim05
Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penbo's Blues

I think he's a flog.
by Booney
Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL club reserves restrictions

I'm all for that. But, then the SANFL would have about 1.5 million black hole. Then comp would be dead within 3 years...
What a load of toss!
Thats just a scare tactic the AFL clubs used into blackmailing the SANFL clubs, unfortunately the majority of clubs were gullible enough to fall for these lies
1. The fee to play in the competition
2. Crows are still paying their Dividend even when they don't have to no more.
The Crows save more money from getting free training facilities at West Lakes than what they pay to the comp.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jase wrote:Cant catch the flu from a flu vax. Sounds like a dodgy excuse for a long weekend...

Too often people say "I've got the flu", unlikely, influenza will have you laid out for several days and potentially end up in hospital. A couple of days of chills and sniffles ain't the flu.
by Booney
Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

meh
I look at comments such as these and on one hand, I get the whole "No AFL in the SANFL" thing but then we wouldn't have an opportunity like we have this weekend to showcase some of the state's best football talent in our back yard.
No other club in the history of the SANFL has ever had the initiative to cater for the regional crowd in this area by playing a match for premiership points in Balaklava.
We're chuffed to have it, even if it isn't a "traditional" SANFL club competing. We've put in so much time and effort into preparing to host it and we're looking forward to holding it on Sunday. Jam your apathy.
by OnSong
Tue May 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

As a number of us have said, its not only the numbers its the flat atmosphere at the games.

Adelaide Football Club SANFL chief Phil Harper wants to keep the Crows in the State league — and hold the same one-team model that is under fire today.

“We honestly believe being in the SANFL gives us an advantage no other AFL team has because the SANFL is a better competition than any other outside the AFL,” he said. “If we are not in the SANFL, that $400,000 licence fee goes from the SANFL to a travel company taking us to another State league (like the VFL).”

Of the one-team model with no academy team or SANFL recruiting zone, Harper said: “We are not rethinking it. If we had less injuries, we would have better results. Our model is working quite well.”

No sh*t you want to keep the seconds in a top notch league. Why wouldn't you. However this isn't about your success, its about my f*cking clubs survival, and you Harper and your mediocre organisation need to remember that. Adelaide has had a solid gold 25 years with an adoring public gazing on, and the fully fledged backing of a platinum organisation in the SANFL. You knew you couldn't fail, and it made you lazy. The Adelaide football club is a lazy, bloated and spoilt club that deserves no more sacrifice from the SANFL clubs and its members.

For Harper and his cohorts to issue such a statement just reinforces that they don't get it. I cant believe I actually supported the pricks.
by wild dog
Wed May 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

Yeah, that's a great effort from O'Hara but you could also understand why some would get jaded waiting in the wings for an opportunity.

Also Brad Currie. Ja k Gunston while on the Crows list played a fair amount in Centrals reserves. From memory also Henderson. Now you just short circuit the process all clubs have in place and give the proverbial.

Good luck on the day though you have an excellent club and hope you get a big thirsty and hungry crowd.
by wild dog
Thu May 14, 2015 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 360 - (and other Foxtel footy programs)

I reckon in some circles he gets unfairly pigeon-holed because of his Ocker speech, but if people bother to look/listen past that he offers plenty of great insight and perspective.
If there's anyone in the football cirlces that I could choose to go and have a few beers with and talk footy dribble, it would be Browny, I love listening to what he has to offer, he's got the biggest heart out of anyone that has ever graced the footy field and doesn't beat around the bush with what he's thinking.
by Lightning McQueen
Tue May 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

I don't get who the SA Gov and the Fed Gov think they're impressing with these finger-pointing exercises.
Neither side looks good, coming out of it. And the ongoing navel gazing about major projects only hurt us - the taxpayer, we who they are supposed to serve.
by Dogwatcher
Wed May 20, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

For starters what he and all politician's believe double dipping is almost scares me. Referring to his living allowances that he pays to his wife for the house they own and the use of maternity leave. The issue is this is ome that both sides of politics exploit. Just shows where the country is at.

Exactly.
Try this on for size: Couple with kids lives apart because they can get more money from Centrelink that way. Say they are no longer together, but in truth, they are. Centrelink finds out, prosecutes and politicians tell us "these are the people we are trying to catch out, bludgers in the system", we all nod our heads and say, "they deserved to be caught". Both couples are playing the system to take advantage of government resources - one is just better connected and richer than the other.

Disgraceful from Hockey for defending it. Disgraceful from any politicians that are doing it.
by Dogwatcher
Tue May 26, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joe Hockey om Q&A last night. Got a roasting, did okish but some of his answers worried me a bit.

For starters what he and all politician's believe double dipping is almost scares me. Referring to his living allowances that he pays to his wife for the house they own and the use of maternity leave. The issue is this is ome that both sides of politics exploit. Just shows where the country is at.

Exactly.
Try this on for size: Couple with kids lives apart because they can get more money from Centrelink that way. Say they are no longer together, but in truth, they are. Centrelink finds out, prosecutes and politicians tell us "these are the people we are trying to catch out, bludgers in the system", we all nod our heads and say, "they deserved to be caught". Both couples are playing the system to take advantage of government resources - one is just better connected and richer than the other.

Disgraceful from Hockey for defending it. Disgraceful from any politicians that are doing it.
I just couldn't believe the way he came out and said it and was like "is there a problem wih that". Almost unbelievable.

Its funny because he is probably using he system within he law. But he believes a mother who has a job which provides additional maternity leave and claims he government maternity leave, which is also within the law, are routing the system and double dipping. Which I have no issue with if your from the private sector. If you have got a good job with a good company which provides good benefits, then good luck you.

The hypocrisy is almost as good as Mark Stevens amd his Will Minson tweets.

Let me be clear, I am by no means a Labor voter. This just really runs me the wrong way.
The net cost to the tax payer, and the net return to Joe Hockey's wife, would be the same if Joe rented a house from some other owner, and his wife rented her house to a stranger, but it is not a good look.

On the other hand, she gets a good tenant and he gets a good landlady!

Sorry Psyber but what a load of rubbish. How you could possibly justify this is just ridiculous.
by bennymacca
Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My lad has just begun walking.

My wife sent me a clip on FB this morning of him walking, before turning around with the world's biggest grin of achievement, before letting out a victory "aargh" and continuing on his way.

So cute, but I can't stop watching the clip for the "aargh", classic!
by valleys07
Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thought it was pretty ordinary in the press conference that the journo's persisted inquiring about Dangerfields contract situation, even after Sloane clearly stated he wouldn't discuss anyone else's contractual standing. Was an important day for Sloane and his club, pay it the respect it deserves!
by JK
Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

MW wrote:Which was in response to Port fanatics accusing Crows fans of leaving early...its a fricking joke how much air time this non issue gets.

I couldn't care less what people do in regards to leaving a game or what they wear to the match. Clearly I'm in the minority.
by Booney
Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Our performance appraisals. They are quite humorous.

A couple of years back, my former manager and I were going through my assessment.
Dickwad "Attendance, I've given you a 4 but you've given yourself a 5"
Me" I didn't have a day off all year and wasn't late at all"
DW " I can't give you a 5, they wont allow it"
Me "What do you want me to do, come here twicve every day?
by Lightning McQueen
Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 15 and we're into the home stretch

Essendon will win against Melbourne. Dees played at Darwin last week and never back up well from these games.

regards,

REB
Doubt it, cue is firmly in the rack. Think you will see a heap of kids playing in the remainder of the season. Josh Schache Cup awaits

It's a harsh and unjust world. As a reward for being one of the best and brightest football talents in the country you get to go to Essendon.

Poor kid.
by Grahaml
Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

The people sabotaging Norton Summit rd for cyclists

and rightly so

No cyclists shouldnt be on roads like that holding up traffic

Hmmm.....a mate of mine came off his bike coming down Norton Summit Road, on day 4 of a 400km charity bike ride in October last year.

It cost him 6 weeks in hospital, multiple face fractures, a piece of his hip getting put in his eye socket, broklaying the bike down, it could have cost him his life, his wife a husband and his children a father. Now we've got **** wits trying to deliberately bring people off their bikes.

Let the hilarity ensue.
by Booney
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard something similar while having coffee at Cibo on the Parade.
by PatowalongaPirate
Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

Did Jimmy go and have a beer with the Aussies?
Wanker
by Jim05
Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 17 stuff

The umpiring has totally lost the plot. No one knows what the **** is going on out there. Watch a nineties game and start again. Just protect the dude who is going for the ball and ignore incidental contact. All these new rules have made it an impossible code to officiate.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

While I'm here, people that have ads in the messenger and then do not answer their phone or call back and the ones that do don't rock up to give a quote when they say.
I rang up about a car I seen on Gumtree about a year ago where the dude said "Sorry, that was sold a few weeks ago".
I put the phone down as I kept looking at other ads and then said "What sort of F***wit keeps their f***ing ad on f***ing Gumtree 3 weeks after selling their stupid F***ing car, f***head!!!!!!!!
My daughter looked over at me and said "Dad, you might want to hang your phone up".
by Lightning McQueen
Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

also, did anyone else assume her resignation was delivered via helicopter??

Limousine presumably as they're 'faster' than regular comcars :roll:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/bronwyn-bishop-spent-1071-on-chauffeured-trips-same-day-she-went-to-freebie-opening-night-of-yes-prime-minister/story-fn5tas5k-1227466524859

She's just been taking the piss and had disgraced the parliament long enough with her behaviour.

Her 'political love child' certainly took long enough to get rid of her.
by Gozu
Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not that naive. Quite experienced, actually.

My kids have been to two public schools, both went to the same primary and high schools.

The primary school was spineless and I can confirm that the education department ( their bosses, as you say ) felt the school was best positioned to handle the matter. Great. So my advice to my son was to handle it how he felt it best handled, the school was hopeless. He got in trouble once, the kid(s) never picked on the target again. ( He stood up for a special needs kid who was being bullied. He got in the shit for doing so, the next time it happened he stood up for her again, he got in the shit again, the kid(s) doing it never did it again. Made me one proud Dad and I'd tell him to do it again if he felt it was the right thing to do )

The High School, on the other hand, has been outstanding. One little **** king hit my 14 year old daughter earlier this year. simply out of the blue, unprovoked, king hit, a badly bruised face, suspected but not confirmed hairline (due to teeth/jaw line in the x-ray) fracture and several days of headaches and the pshycological effects followed. I couldn't have been happier with the school or prouder of my daughter. She is presenting a talk to the whole school ( 700+ kids ) later this term on the impact of physical violence and bullying.

So, I'm not naive and every case has it's own set of circumstances, but to just say "CC in the bosses", please, don't be so naive. ;)
by Booney
Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 19 stuff

Cameron is going to be good when he hits puberty
by Brodlach
Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If its a 60km zone and i know Im turning right at some point, i will sit in the right lane as long as i want.

I'll do the limit, and if people are up my arse, its because they're speeding, so f**k em.

There's no "keep left unless overtaking" rule on roads under 80kms, so I'm not doing anything wrong.

Absolutely. If I'm in the right lane and doing the posted speed limit, get ****** to those climbing all over me. I'm doing the limit, if you're wanting to do over the limit that's not my problem.
by Booney
Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wonder if any of the idiots quoted in the article truly believes what they are saying, and how many are just aping what they've been told to believe?

https://bridgerjones.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/hit-the-nail-on-the-head-english-idioms-bridger-jones-com.jpg?w=300&h=199
by JK
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crowds in 2014 were down 6.3 per cent on 2013.

i realise that this part is from the article, so not blaming you Booney, but werent 2014 crowds UP on 2013?? so this blaming of adelaide oval is already proved wrong by the facts that crowds at adelaide oval, and at sanfl games are both lower this year than last?

rewriting history so that they can continue to deny that the reserves sides are a negative influence on the sanfl...... of course, admitting it would also be admitting that they were wrong.....
by tipper
Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im glad there is finally some international attention to this cause, it may force us into doing something about it
The article did state that the policies are working but then did raise a few good points.

My issue is that tbe "stop the boats" is been a political war front when really its not about vote winning, yet of course its tunred into one.

But the point is there too that if you can stop people getting in the water then yes his will save lives. However if your a hurd fleeing the violence in Syria then its probably safer on the water than on the ground and that needs to be taken into account.

As many have always known, turning back the boats results in more deaths at sea, not less. It is a push factor, not a pull factor, that results in asylum seekers coming by sea. The wars and conflicts throughout the world are what has led to the huge amount of asylum seekers and internally displaced people throughout the world. 'Turning back' the boats is a misnomer as it simply redirects asylum seekers to other, more risky pathways.

I found it very ironic when Tony Abbott commented that it was the fault of people smugglers that the three year old Syrian boy died and that this death confirmed the wisdom of his policy. After all, he did not travel on a boat arranged by people smugglers - they came on their own boat, independent of any people smugglers.

As Bennymacca commented, the right way to try to help asylum seekers is to organise the processing of them in Indonesia and Malaysia, then enabling safe passage to various countries of the region. This should be done according to the capacity of the country to care for them.

I also wish that Tony Abbott could see the hypocrisy in wanting Australia to be involved in bombing Syria, leading to more deaths and/or people fleeing and seeking asylum... and not allowing any to come to Australia.
by bulldogproud2
Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So SANFL membership is up 3%? Thats because it is done at the beginning of the year, wonder how many will renew next year after the drop off in 2015?

Want to know how far the SANFL has fallen in the media? Listen to Rowey interview Josh Carr on 5AA and he talks about Centrals coach Rory Laird, twice!
by Dutchy
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne 2015

stan wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Rousey2.jpg

If she plays for North this weekend then they'll win by 20 goals.

Nick Dal Santo has the 'i love this but my wife is gonna kill me' face!!!!!!!!!!!!
by whufc
Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All jokes aside

Is there some kind of underlying culture problem within the Crows.

You have the history of Tippettgate and Steven Trigg

The state Guernsey saga

You've got Dangerfield leaving to go home despite the risk he may not end up at his desired destination, this is despite the fact the Crows would appear on field to be in a better position than any of his suitors.

Bernie Vince leaves in surprising circumstances and becomes an all australian two years later

Player/Club Being investigated by integrity unit

Jaench and his indiscretion

Camporeale despite getting good results does not want to be their head coach

Worsfold look set to move to another state (non home state as well) to take up a role with a club who seem in a far worse situation than the Crows)

CEO now under investigation for prior indiscretion, admittedly nothing to do with Adelaide but he does now represent them.

This has all happened within 3 years and in the case of Camporeale, Worsfold, Dangerfield even more surprising in the wake of the Phil Walsh tragedy, in which footy clubs are generally associated with a 'we'll stick together and create something special' attitude rather than people moving in their own direction

Obviously I am very anti crows but does this make any sense or are they a victim of circumstances.
It's odd that two coaches who can do the top job don't want it. I can understand Dangerfield wanting to head home.

From my perspective, the whole club has a culture issue because it's identity is shaped by marketing campaigns and catchy slogans, as opposed to having a defined 'turf' and celebrating it's history and achievements, and most who support and manage the club don't see a problem with that. Whether there's a player culture problem, only the players can answer that.

Mind you, with Mark 'The Godfather' Riccuito now unofficially running the club with an iron fist, and other intellectual luminaries like Nigel Smart floating around West Lakes I'm not sure I can blame Campo and Woosha.
by Magellan
Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

valleys07 wrote:Harley Bennell is now a docker.

Freo have given up picks #16 & #35, with the suns handing over pick #22.

That’s nice of the Dockers to do a trade considering they could have got him in the draft, no one else would have touched him.
by Feenix
Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

Sounds like talks underway to break the ice in the 2 troublesome trades involving Dixon and Carlisle.
Apparantly the deal involves Port giving pick 10 and a future trade, possible first rounder to St Kilda. Saints give pick 10 to Essendon and their pick 5 to the Suns. A few later round swaps may be involved also
by Jim05
Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |