Search found 5 matches

Return

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Ummm is your first sentence a serious question

The answer is no Centrals were not an AFL reserves side last year because we are not 'one club ' with an AFL side

And the reason your club is now called the Power is because it was happy to sell its identity to get in with the rebranded VFL

If your club had as much pride in its emblem and colours as Eddie did you may not have had to sell your identity.

It's such a bad thing that our club wanted to play in the best competition in Australia? Port Adelaide joined the AFL because it didn't want to be stuck playing in a second rate competition. Port Adelaide had to pay a price and that was entering the AFL as the power and not the magpies, a pretty small price when all your true supporters knows it's still the PAFC.

The only difference between this year and last year, is now all those players that we have spent money and time developing will now be playing for us.

Face facts WHUFC the AFL is the best league in this country. The SANFL will always be a second rate comp which will never change no matter how much you cry about it.
by kickinit
Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Port Adelaide's heritage jumpers have been based on jumpers worn by the CLUB in the past.

Adelaide's heritage jumpers are a mix and match of anything they feel gives them a noteworthy heritage.

I'm glad you highlighted that.

Why can't Adelaide just accept their heritage is from 1990 with Camry on the back?
What it shows is that the crows acknowledge the State and SANFL while Port acknowledge Port. Which is why the Crows can wear the jumper and Port can't.

No it shows they are trying to latch onto the SANFLs history, when really, they are just an expansion team, not unlike GWS.
by HH3
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

I dont think its regoked yet but f it is, whicker needs to fall on his sword immediately given his dramatic support of this yesterday
Larry, Moe and Curly - sorry, I meant Whicker, Trigg and Olsen - all should have been given the arse last year. I have more moral fibre in my sphincter than those three clowns in entirety.
by Pseudo
Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

mal wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Reserves kick off at 4:30pm...

League start at 7:15pm...

Channel 7 covering the game, on 7Mate...

So do Port reserves play at 4:30pm or 7:15pm ?

FFS, get over it and deal with it.
by Booney
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Given crowds are up and cash is supposedly down, the only thing I can see is that they didn't do their sums properly. They can't blame AFL, SANFL, SMA or anyone else for that. They should have done those sums for themselves, shouldn't they?

Not everyone has Maths & Computer Science degrees hey smac.

But if the assumptions and parameters they are given to work on are incorrect .... (uplift was based on an expected crowd figure)

Using your argument that if the clubs have agreed to a deal, they should suck it up ... should the same argument be made to the SANFL clubs regarding the Crows/Port reserves ? I mean, we are what - 8 weeks in ?
The SANFL clubs should have done their due diligence. (or does this argument only work one way)

In which case this thread should be closed and everyone should just shut up and deal with it.
by TimmiesChin
Mon May 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |