Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Doesn't get any better than today. No one gave us a chance, the blokes over the hill thought it was theirs...... it's ours
by Shortman
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: retirements and upcoming signings

Munn's talent/ability has never been questioned. If centrals can get him motivated/fit he will be more than handy at this level.

Never been questioned?

In his last stint at League level, over 8 games he averaged 0.3 goals, 6.1 touches and 2.9 hit outs as a key forward.

Massively over hyped IMO.

Good luck with that! :lol: :lol:

He was named in Sturt's best players 6 times in his final season, 2019.
He also scored 9 goals in the National Under 18s Championship.

Never before have I seen such an attack on a new young recruit from supporters of his old club.
There sure seems to be quite a lot of upset that he left his old club.
Hasn't got anything to do with him leaving Sturt 3 years ago

Just ask the Unley Jets and Old Ignatians what they think of his attitude and application. Big money and zero effort
by Shortman
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adel Footy League- Women's

Ingle Farm requested to drop down to D6 and were informed that re-grading was not currently being considered.
It seems silly.

Its still early in the year and you want the girls to keep playing. If you get smashed every week thats likely not going to happen.

Maybe BECAUSE the league has done it a bit over the last couple of years they wont do it as often.
by Shortman
Wed May 10, 2023 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2024

Surely Tom Lewis is a definite to go? I really didnt realise how good he is til the back end of this season.

I just don't get the "Lewis for AFL" hype.

He's not quick, is short, and tackles. How that's applicable to the modern AFL game is beyond me. Tsitas is a better version, and he can't get a game at the Suns.

He's a gun SANFL player, and there's no shame in that.

Hardly short at 178cm and strongly built. Finds the footy in close, and uses it well. All of those attributes place him ahead of plenty who have been drafted before him.
I wouldnt say "uses it well"

Uses it OK.... but he's very slow and at his size youve either gotta be quick or use the ball really well.

I'd be surprised if he got picked up
by Shortman
Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |