Search found 798 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

I like it marby!

Maybe all the Henley guys can rock up in boat shoes, their girlfriends denim shirts and a nipple singlet?
by morell
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jeez, considering the full forward at the other end kicked 10 why aren't we ragging on the Lockleys fullback? Q would understand that sometimes, when playing deep in D, there just 'aint much you can do. Gatis kicking 5 goals (3 on me) had nothing to do with me being unfit ... ok maybe it was a little bit ... but it was mostly Lockley's supply which was first rate on the day. Give credit where it is due.
by morell
Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crisis meeting at Mitchell Park tonight apparently! A mate of mine saw them train a week or two ago and they only had 8 out...

Have seen on Flinders Uni's Public Facebook page this is also the case there tonight too. Crisis meeting

Merger perhaps...?

They could call themselves Flinders Park! I prefer the Mitchell Flinders Lion Crabs
by morell
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The best bit about that Facebook post was whoever got it had to take a photo of the screen. Try the print screen button brah.
by morell
Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Morell. How's it going at the den?
Hey matey.

Its going well.

Nah its no secret were struggling. Not sure on the details in regards to where we're heading just yet, a bit more water under the bridge I suspect.

Yanky would know more.

That's not good mate. Ive played many games against your club, especially in the A's and Ive found youo guys to be very competitive and also that the payers love playing for the club. I dont know whats happened but I think it will be a sad day if you guys fold. Hope you guys hang in there. Will you be sticking around this year? Thanks mate! Yeah its not one thing or even two or three things. Had a stack of retirements, a stack of kids who would rather munch disco biscuits at music festivals and a few guys who just wanted to try something different. Sucks that its sort of all happened at once.

There is still a core of half decent footballers who are passionate about the club. It will survive but we will probably have to look at how we structure the club internally, how we engage stakeholders, how we operate at the committee level, how we improve and encourage a healthy culture etc.

If we can hold on and survive until the current surge of juniors fills the seniors, the redevelopment of the complex and the Tonsley urban infill we will be right for many years to come.

Yeah I am playing. Unfortunately for all concerned except my direct opponent.
by morell
Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

So there has been a bit of chat in here about demographics, location and geography. Good stuff! People are thinking about the real issues rather than the more typical “club must be run by muppets” “no-one wants to play for your club” “club has poor culture” “club should pay players” palaver than usually gets trotted out.

Anyway, I’m a spatial analyst during the week and washed up footballer on the weekends, so the combination of these two means these thought processes kind of tickle my fancy.

I went through the following very quick analysis, hoping to see if there was a pattern or evidence in what everyone was thinking.

Roughly, I did this:

1. Mapped all the club locations – thanks to the SAAFL Google maps website for the coordinates. Also included nearby SFL clubs
2. Download age profiles for SA1’s (the polygon boundaries) from the ABS.
3. Add up “Football aged men” for each SA1. I did 17 to 40 males.
4. According to the ABS the participation rate for these ages for football averages to 5%, so I took 5% of all of those people and considered them the “player pool” for that SA1
5. This was too simplistic. What if you had quite good numbers for your local area but were surrounded by clubs who sapped them all?
6. Created a “100 player” catchment area for each club. So, how big is the circle until that club has 100 players available within it
7. Then took an average for the areas included in the clubs catchments and reduced those players by that amount. So the more clubs within that area that have a catchment the lower the numbers will be.
8. Mapped the result, which in my opinion, could be considered a map of indicative static player pools.

One flaw is that it treats all clubs as the same. So if North Pines are next to Salisbury West, they both have a catchment need of 100. I could have added up the real numbers here but, meh, don’t think it would have made a massive difference overall. I also removed Adelaide Uni completely as they are unique.

There are several pockets of “gold” for footballers in metropolitan Adelaide, the North East Road section – which I think is consumed by Tea Tree Gully, Modbury and Golden Grove. The Paralowie pocket, which is consumed by the 3 Salisburys. And curiously, the inner west. Richmond, Netley, Mile End, Thebarton – maybe the SAAFL are hoarding a player pool and awaiting the right time to unleash a super team or something. It could also be that there are just no clubs located in that area but they travel to Plympton, Flinders Park and Woodville.

Anyway, check em out:

1. Club Locations

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/1-locations_zpsc766a84c.png

2. Total Footballing Aged Men (darker = more)

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/2-FootballersTotal_zpsc7e273c1.png

3. Club Catchment – capture 100 players

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/3-ClubCatchment_zps12168a61.png

4. Final Result (red or pink means the areas player pool has been exhausted and are in the negative, in the blue means positive)

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/mellingham/4-Result_zpsba45fddf.png
by morell
Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

As Beef as pointed out you've definitely missed us. Brilliant analyzing though mate. You are there, but you're under the Pt Districts dot - there are actually two dots there which is why it missed my QA!

This happened a couple of times, in that there were two locations for the one club on the SAAFL website - I think if juniors or other teams play at different grounds - SHOC for example. It was usually obvious which location was the one for the A Grade but for you guys I missed it.

It would make a very, very minor difference to the overall pattern though.

I think it must districts missing only 9 data points for div 1 on the latest chart but then again uni is excluded No, they're both there, just at the same point. Div 1 has 9 because as you correctly put it, Adelaide Uni were removed.

Awesome work morell, think you missed Salisbury West and North Pines too mate but a top effort. Definitely an interesting look. Nope, theyre both there, under the big Salisbury label. You can see their catchments in the third map.

Looking at the data div 7 as a group appears to be an outlier, is there any correlation if you removed it? -0.14. Still a pattern, but much less so, and perhaps not statistically significant.

But that is besides the point, you cannot remove entire sections of your sample size like that, it defeats the purpose of the analysis. Perhaps its just that the teams in D7 are there at least partly because of the lack of local playing age stock.

It would also be interesting to see it without the Old Colls sides as in some cases their Oval is no where near their school (Old Iggies). Also, the "catchment" for elite colleges such as PAC and SPOC is more a matter of family blood allegiance rather than geographical catchment. Agree and I might just do that!

And thanks for the positive feedback guys! :)
by morell
Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.
by morell
Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Unsubscribe

Nah its too funny to do that mate. Close game on the weekend Morell? Where did you line up, A's or B's? I didn't make it through the warm up :oops:

You're lucky though, I would have personally made up those 23 goals and then some.

What happened mate? I reckon Mawsons wouldve just won by a goal or two if you had of made it. Too many tinder matches left me with severe dehydration.

Hahah, nah, I hurt my knee against Brahma Lodge and it just didn't come up. I went to kick and nearly toppled over. I would have been useless, well, even more useless than normal.

The margin would have been greater if I played!
by morell
Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Never mind all that I want to see more of carey vs Phantom Gossiper
by morell
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You really are a dick sometimes marbles.
by morell
Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Dols wrote:CLG seemed to have taken the step up and look to be the early favorites?
They've been early favourites for their entire existence. It's almost a permanent state.
by morell
Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All I know is "morell's time of the season" where it's all of a sudden too cold and miserable for training has approached far quicker this year.
by morell
Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be clear, there have been no misdemeanors, or at least, the specific accusation of stacking our c grade 18 months ago is a complete and utter fallacy.

Well done to the West Croyden FC for a good day yesterday, top bunch of blokes, and understanding of our current predicament.
by morell
Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We tend to ensure that when playing away we take the end farthest from the club house as a sign of respect. It annoys me if a visiting team takes the clubhouse end to warm up at our ground and we have been known to politely tell teams to please move.
by morell
Tue May 06, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The general rule in the AFL/SANFL is you warm up at the side/end your bench is
See that I can appreciate, that to me makes more sense than holding a claim to a particular end because it's your ground.

So for arguements sake, Mitchell Park visitor bench is closest to the club, so does that mean the visiting sides get to warm up at the end closest to the club? :lol: Yeah that's the reason why a couple of teams have started there. I think Riddlers lads might have even taken our end once . It just depends on the clubs, the timing and a wether or not were feeling prickly.

It's not the biggest deal in the world. As a rule of thumb when playing away maybe wait to see which end the home team takes. I know at West Croyden we ended up at the southern end and figured we would move for the home team as it seemed like that was their end. Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.
Sorry pal :) You see thats the thing, at the time I seemed to recall that it wasn't a lack of respect or anything and I think someone even asked if that was the end you should warm up and we said its fine.

It's more about the principle of letting the home team choose than it is about actually having a specific end or not.

Just a respect and politeness thing. I wouldn't expect you to understand PG.
What are you implying? I'm not implying anything.

The one I liked, and for the life of me I can't remember the ground or who it was against - there was literally nowhere to warm up before the game except for a small caged in area out the back, I think they were old tennis courts.

I will always remember the feeling of 42 blokes in this small caged in area before a game and marvelled at how there wasn't any biffo.

Athelstone is a bit like that I think you might be right!
by morell
Tue May 06, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS Box - you of all people should know what happens when people mouth off about on field incidents.

If it's being investigated, STFU. :?

oi, im not talking about the broken cheekbone my dear!! just the friendly banter that was going on before the game with the taking of ends lol hahaha get a kick Box and Morgan isn't a girls name ;)
by morell
Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FFS Box - you of all people should know what happens when people mouth off about on field incidents.

If it's being investigated, STFU. :?

oi, im not talking about the broken cheekbone my dear!! just the friendly banter that was going on before the game with the taking of ends lol hahaha get a kick Box and Morgan isn't a girls name ;)

What the???... you on pain killers morell. I'm really interested in the warm up of ends. Am I presuming West Croydon warmed up at the southern end at Lakes or am I missing something, 'please explain'. :D Just an "in" joke for the good looking people of the forum aka The Real Number 3 and I.
by morell
Wed May 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

don't worry, the old woolen HV jumpers still get a good working over on training nights!
is that bloke who carved up in your c's with the long hair still playing? If so he could probably wear the one he wore back in 94... :)

Andre? He was wearing it at training last week :lol:
Wait, this is the guy with long red hair? If so I had to tag him one day out there in the A grade.

Gave me a dead set lesson and was a complete gentleman about it as well.
by morell
Fri May 09, 2014 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I didn't say they were unbeatable, but if the odds were juicy enough I'd have a tipple on them going through without dropping one.

As close to a certainty as you can get in football for the flag IMO.

They're a much better side than last year and the comp isn't as strong.
by morell
Mon May 12, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta say, the quality of posting over the last few days has been exemplary and a marked improvement.
by morell
Fri May 16, 2014 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:shut up or I'll extend the ban.

Bring back PG
Bring back PG
Bring back PG
Bring back PG

8)
by morell
Wed May 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cohiba wrote:So ...what's your point.... :)
Honour comes from having a sense of equality when competing with your peers.
Paying players is not sustainable.
Some things are not in a clubs control.
The sport we love is in strife.
by morell
Mon May 26, 2014 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's in strife because football is lower on the list of priorities for young males these days, not because of a minority getting a bit of coin. Absolutely agree.

But, the amounts being paid makes some of those young men all of a sudden raise the priority of football in their lives.

That in turn, swings the pendulum even futher in favour paying clubs, which then in turn creates greater disharmony, despite the fact that particular model is unsustainable.

Horseshit.

It's probably because they have greater access to more flexible and individualist pursuits. How is it horseshit? Its human nature. Paying players would increase a lot of peoples propensity to play football.

Case in point:

Billy the Bricklayer - Billy is a good footballer, he enjoys it, but, he can earn a fair bit of cash in hand on Saturdays. And the missus really wants that extension. So he decides to not play anymore. But wait! Rose Farm, a club which jumped up a div has a great big healthy football budget, they can give him $200 cash each Saturday. You know what, **** it, Billy decides to chuck on the boots this year.

Carl the Cabinet Maker - Carl is slightly different - a couple of kids, always struggled to make ends meet, he decides that since he works such long hours during the week, he just can't keep giving up Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sunday. But wait! Rose Farm could very well help out with the credit card debt and boy that $200/week could make the difference. Carl jumps on board.

Darren the Disco Biscuit - Darren is a odd cat. Boy can he play footy though. Problem is he is lazy, and just likes to party and tune chicks. Playing footy just isn't his style anymore man, too cool for school. But wait! Rose Farm could pay for his Saturday nights, plus he can work on his bicep curls. Darren signs up.

Frank the Fitzroy dude - Frank is solid player, goes alright in the A's. Oddly he lives right next door to Mitchell Park, but that's another story. Frank here isn't really THAT keen for footy, but you know what, if someone were to chuck him a few hunge a week to roll out, why not eh? Frank signs on.

If you think coin is not a motivating factor for many, many young men to put the boots on, then, well, you need to talk to more people.
by morell
Mon May 26, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why would you highlight 'ALL' when I clearly, and deliberately, wrote 'most'? You have the balance wrong. “Most” of the issues are currently out of our control or at least require years of toil and hard work to resolve. Yes, our club leaders can improve and they would be their own harshest judges for that, but to put into perspective our management consists of Ken Kelsall, Kylie Weekley, Wayne Wyld, Mark Sansome and Anjuli Weekley.

President - Ken Kelsall is a very experienced campaigner and if you will be searching for a long time to find a better delegate or harder worker for a football club. Gun.
Sports Club President - Kylie Weekley has been part of football for decades, been on committees for sporting clubs for most of her adult life I suspect, also was an expert administrator for the SAAFL for many years. Gun.
Football Director - Wayne Wyld has been in and around successful football clubs for goodness knows how long. Key player in Edwardstown successes and a very astute football person. Gun.
Junior President - Mark Sansome has turned an almost non-existent junior program into one that is now starting to thrive. Incredibly hard worker and doing a great job. Gun.
Treasurer - Anjuli Weekley whilst pregnant is still undertaking a treasurer role and doing an amazing job balancing the books. How we’re still solvent considering all of our issues is a credit to her. Gun.

You could put David Koch, Andrew Demetriou, Bob McLean and you yourself Jetters into some of these roles and you wouldn’t be able to do a better job.

Principally our biggest issues, in order, are

Structure with the Sporting Club in regards to revenue – take away bar takings, means you can't play players, means you drop divisions, means people leave because they don’t want to lose. It is that important.
Our lease agreement with Council in regards to the site – we are confined with what we do to Council processes. We currently have no lights. Having lots of fun training in the dark. We have no scoreboard. Ever submitted a residential development? Multiply it by a thousand fold.
Lack of resources , both monetary and human – we’re a small club, we don’t have that many volunteers and willing participants.
Sponsorship agreements and lack thereof – we’re a club full of tradeys, workers and generally speaking, people from lower socio economic background. We don’t have connections into big businesses. We don’t have ties to wealthy families.
Location , demographics and player catchment pool – Not much we can do about this.
Reputation - amazingly, despite have a better record at the judiciary than most clubs, we're still seen as thugs.

So when you come out and have a crack at the good people that are doing a sterling job considering the circumstances, and say our woes are all their fault, without any real inside knowledge or awareness, to be honest it makes me want to punch you in the face. It is so incredibly insulting, demeaning and arrogant of you to even pretend to know, based on a scoreboard results, how good a job our management are doing.

You have difficulties accessing your share of bar revenue. Fair point. However, you have great facilities (which look like getting redeveloped) and are open more nights of the week than most. Everyone has their own advantages and disadvantages. Its more than a fair point. It is THE point. Take away your bar takings, or for example, Rosewaters, that constitutes approximately 70%-80% of their revenue. How can you possible pay, any decent coin to anyone, without 70% of your revenue. How would Unley go if we took away 70% of your revenue? How quickly down the divisions do you think you would tumble?

You would have the same management, doing the same job, yet the tumble would be uncontrollable.

You prefer to blame others and look for excuses for why clubs arent performing, I prefer to attribute the majority of success/non-success to the club itself. They’re not excuses, they’re realities. They would be excuses if we weren't aware of them or had some ability to fix them. We can't just take over our bar. We can just put in new lights. We can't just start paying gun players. We can't just increase our catchment. We can't just get more cash from a big sponsor. These things take time.

We can and are working hard to attempt to mitigate these issues as best we can. For a person from Unley-Mercedes-Sort-of-Old-Scholars-but-nah-not-really-we’re-in-a-perfect-location-with-wealthy-supporters-and-a-huge-junior-program to point fingers at a struggling club is galling at best.

In our area (Unley, Mitcham, Glenunga, CLG, Goodwood, Kenilworth etc) we are all subject to similar circumstances to build a football club and yet these clubs typically range from Div 1 to 6 (some of the typically lower div clubs have improved over the last couple of years). Some clubs have some advantages/disadvantages others don't, but overall the #1 thing that surely attributes to a clubs success failure is its management. Similar? Maybe in the fact all of them like football, beer and boobs perhaps, but I already know none of those clubs are facing the same issues we are. Problem identification and problem resolution are two very different things you realise?

The biggest problem Unley have is how to come up with an acronym that you can fit on a letterhead.

FWIW, I also disagree with the principles behind your player payment example. I don’t particularly care for you or your opinions.
by morell
Tue May 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No one is beating Ingle Farm. Dead certs.
by morell
Wed May 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah I don't get the hate for BP posts. Obviously still has some affection for the club but knows there are serious issues and posted accordingly.

If I was a coach of a team in the GF last year and experienced that fight I'd probably "jump ship" too.
by morell
Thu May 29, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But then everyone teases me and calls me a propellor head :(
by morell
Fri May 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Don't wind him up PG, he will work on it for hours. :D

:lol: Probably just dump the data into one of the analytical programs and let it do the work lol..

Come on Morell, i reckon you could have it done by COB ;) :D
The calc takes 5 minutes

Getting the data takes hours.
by morell
Fri May 30, 2014 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because I'm very smart.

Haha, nah, census collection districts, demography, location intelligence and buffer queries.

And I should say, "potential local player" to be accurate.
by morell
Fri May 30, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Personal preference is to always sing the song in the changerooms. Would never dream of doing it on a oppositions oval.

Your home ground, I've never been offended or perturbed if clubs have sung it on the ground.

Do it at Mitchell Park Oval and you'll go down a notch or two in my book.

Just a respect thing IMO.
by morell
Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

Boosh wrote:Whilst I acknowledge this is a issue that needs to be addressed if my club were not permitted to be promoted in their A Grade to ensure some Div 1 and 2 clubs C and D Grade have a more even competition I would be taking a very dim view of that situation.

Very well put.
by morell
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was it a big night at MP and/or FU Saturday night Morell? I was only there for a quick meal and a coke as I had a prior engagement which a few of the lads also had.

Night ended prematurely as I needed to escort young B.Steele home after he got kicked out from The Lion within 40 seconds of us getting in there.

The reason? He knicked a chip from a bowl a waiter was carrying.

From here on in someone who gets aggrieved at Mitchell Park will be awarded the "Stolen Chip" trophy.

And people wonder why he's a cult hero.

I demand a session on the piss with this man I reckon we might get on alright :lol: He is great to go out with. The thing with Steeley is you will either get kicked out, or end up talking to hot girls. He is known as the best wing man in Adelaide and is responsible for many of the clubs marriages, relationships and dare I say it illegitimate babies.

Never been able to work out how a 5ft 2 hairy little man with no teeth and absolutely no sense of style can walk into a group of dead set glamours and two minutes later over they come. It's a gift.
by morell
Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marbles, I can't quite work it out. Half your posts are saying that the C-grade teams are stopping the A-graders from winning flags, and the other half are saying the C-grade teams are getting smashed by the A-grade sides.

It's starting to sound a lot like the AFL reserves in the SANFL discussions, where the same people were saying the reserves sides would win too easily, but also destroy the comp by not trying and not playing to win, only interested in setting up team structures and bringing blokes back from injury.

Which one is it? This guy sounds intelligent.
by morell
Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Byes are awesome.
by morell
Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've got a solution.

You play where the league tells you to play.
by morell
Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

And why do you continue to ignore Adelaide Uni for your C grade comp. It makes a mockery of everything you're trying to say.

Is it because you know they have Henleys measure and therefore it doesn't fit your true agenda - a comp the sandbags can dominate...
by morell
Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

You're asking the guy from Mitchell Park? We get our singlets from Target once a year at Christmas in a 10 pack for $5.

But here you go, pretty sure I even saw some of the Henley boys wearing this one:

$69.95 from Surf Stitch:

http://www.surfstitch.com/product/unif-i-dont-trust-myself-muscle-tank-black
by morell
Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Indeed. The worst story I have heard amongst football scuttlebug circles occurred much closer to the Ramsgate than the Smithfield Hotel.

Just because you have a boy band hair cut and a $80 singlet doesn't mean you cant be a feral scumbag.
by morell
Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've hit the like button too many times... but

If you're getting paid, you're not a volunteer! It's a simple concept people.

Also, if I make a bad decision at work I get chastised for it. If I make a bad decision with the football (where I am actually a volunteer), I get chastised for it. If you're an umpire at a senior level, and getting money to do so, you should be prepared to cop a bit of friendly discourse on your bad decisions.

This holier than thou untouchable and unapproachable bullshit in regards to umpires is in my opinion making matters worse.
by morell
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its become known the league will not allow 1 team clubs next year

if all the following clubs fail to fill 2 sides next year

mitchell park
flinders uni
wingfield
kilburn
angle vale

what will happen to them?
http://media.tumblr.com/c68e09711ecace8e4e2da55a92227316/tumblr_inline_n88y30NsEs1r264th.jpg
by morell
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

# Your juniors program develops massive talent, all at the end of the line to be pushed into a cgrade where your kids are set to be demoralized by get smashed up by agrade rough nuts - is this what their parents want? This is a strawman argument! You're making things up to suit your agenda. This simply doesnt happen! C Grades in D7 have always been competitive and have won flags!

Many parents would be stoked to see their kids play as high as they possibly could and even against men as it aids their development.

# Your surplus Div 1 reserve players trying to get an agrade game - instead get sent to a div 7 agrade league where your assets get smashed up and again demoralized by get smashed up by agrade rough nuts Again, doesn't happen, and its the same point as your first one. Stop. Dribbling. Shit.

# Your dgrade boys who have the talent to play C-grade choose not to, they just want a kick & catch on weekend, they dont wish to tackle agraders when theyre 35 years of age The "A graders" you're talking about are in the same boat! If they're in D7 its likely they're old and decrepit and just want a kick and a catch as well. Hence why the natural normalisation of the divs has them there!

yes, you get some clubs which recruit well and "rebound" strongly, like we did, Ingle Farm and now Smithfield, but that happens every year, in every div, in every competition.

# your devoted cgrade players eventually drop off because its just a shit comp, and we cant be f##ked being demoralised by smithfield & ingle farm anymore. your cgraders drop off because its an unattractive environment - your cgrade shrinks ie shocs, broadview, flinders parks, Then tell your c graders to harden the **** up and maybe play your actual best third side, instead of sandbagging and you would be more competitive.

henley have won 4 games this year. Modbury 5, Adelaide Uni are second! Hardly "demoralised". If you want to see that, come down and have a look at the dozen or so over the hill "A Graders" we have you utter pillock. You have no idea what the word even means.

ALL OF THESE POINTS ARE RELEVANT TO EVERY CLUB WITH 4 SIDES & ARE PLAYING THEIR C_GRADE IN DIV 7 NO THEY'RE NOT! YOU ARE COMPLETELY WRONG AND ARE THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THESE FORUMS
by morell
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well at least now you're admitting that all of this does not consider anyone other than a few big clubs right at the top and that you're being a selfish dong. So thats a step in the right direction. Well done. Nice edit by the way, but this was your orginal post:

just like u dont care about our backyard, i dont care about yours. good luck.

You're essentially after a more even and balanced competition, which I understand, your "solution" won't solve that as you will still have dominate sides. All it will do is make for massively lopsided lower divisions ... and probably the death of clubs such as mine. So you will have to excuse me if I want to protect my club from complete extinction because some bloke from Henley is sick of finishing third or fourth in their C's.

Perspective marbles, you lack it.
by morell
Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

awesome rant mate

all derived at the refusal to believe that cgraders playing agraders is total bullshit It's not total bullshit if they're of the same standard . Our A Grade is the same standard as your C Grade. You keep getting caught up on what letter is in front of the team, who cares if its A Grade, Z Grade or the Pink and Purple grade. What you want is an even competition. Which is admirable and I agree.

The real issue you have is these clubs that drop to D7, find some money, pay some players and all of a sudden become unbeatable.

So rather than having cracks at what letter is on front of the team sheet, have a go at the clubs paying players in your division.

You keep seeing the tree rather than the forest.

u continue to belittle cgraders as if theyre not important and their existance in div 7 is there only to keep minion agrade clubs alive. Why would I belittle C Graders? I’m a C Grader you numpty!

C Grades are awesome. I wish we had one this year. They’re great for people to continue playing football past their used by date or for guys that perhaps don’t have the skill set to play A or B grade.

But.

Their preferences come a very distant second to the integrity and structure of the rest of the A Grade competition. Sorry, but that’s just a reality…

one person has spoken out from my club and he will come to terms when he realizes hierarchy at my club agree with me. because just like your club we are in crisis just like shocs, flinders parks, and every other cgrader in div 7 who are tired of being having their saturday demoralized by men who can be f##ked training Sure, do what’s best for Henley, if you think Henley should be playing solely against C Grade sides, then do it!

Why completely **** the rest of the comp to do so?

u gotta realize no matter where your club is placed mitchell park need 50-60 blokes to stay alive. thats your first priority and who gives a damn what comp ur in I agree. I couldn’t care less where we play next year as long as we play. You have essentially backed up my point! Your idea would put that concept into peril! We will play anywhere and against anyone as long as we field a side.

seasons end i believe we'll all nominate for div 8 because we need to survive too. Then that’s fine. Just stop there and leave it at that. Done. Complete. Success. Well done. /thread

i honestly believe if 18 clubs are wanting a cgrade comp of their own then the league must cooperate with its blue chip clubs first. bwahaha, your vernacular says a lot. Blue chip. Fair dinkum.

But I actually agree. As I said to Trader, if it was Henley’s A Grade, I would be agreeing with you.

legally i believe thered be no requirement for the whole league to vote on this Legally. You can’t even spell, don’t start trying to be a bush lawyer.

so how about u worry about getting players first morrel, it makes no difference what div your in, just look at kilburn, theyrr in the exact same fight as u and they gotta do it in div 4. i dont hear them crying about how cgrade clubs have to keep them alive You idiot.
by morell
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Crikey it's gone full tard.
by morell
Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So instead we spread these 1 team clubs over a few divisions and make other sides share the burden of no B's?
Ay? Where on earth did you get that idea from? You've been arguing with Fletty for too long old mate.

Angle Vale, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Kilburn and Wingfield would all still be in the same division under my model. Its just that they'll be joined by North Pines, Adelaide Uni C's and two more C Grade teams.

This is my D7 for 2015:

Angle Vale
Mitchell Park
Flinders Uni
Kilburn*
Wingfield
North Pines
Adelaide Uni C's
Modbury C's
SMOSH C's
Bye

*maybe, if not replace with another C Grade club - Henley would be good. :D Or PHOS! Then I can get Fletty taken out, that'd be so awesome.
by morell
Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Under 18 penalties.

It's the first sign that you know you're old when you start complaining about the young kids these days, with the notion that they're any different to how you were when you were younger.
by morell
Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |