Search found 799 matches

Return

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Ever chased a hot girl, finally manage to cut her from the herd, have some fun and tick some boxes, brag to your mates and get some high fives ... only to realise that there really isn't that much there and to keep maintaining the relationship would be costly and not that beneficial for anyone involved?
by morell
Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

If there were fewer spots at big clubs, the standard would probably even out a bit, but a heap of social players would be lost to football. First year - absolutely, casual players will be lost. Second year - not as much but still a loss. Third year - smaller amount lost. Fourth year - maybe nil out and nil in eg balanced, Fifth year - slowly start to see smaller clubs with increased participation. Sixth year - etc

Reckon it would follow a change management curve in other words.

Would it be worth the pain of the first few years? Completely debatable.
by morell
Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1. Houghton
2. St Pauls OS
3. Angle Vale
4. Adelaide University
5. Salisbury West
6. Flinders University
7. Mitchell Park
8. Wingfield
9. PNU
10. North Pines
by morell
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can we get one thing sorted for the year? Because it causes me great pain.

Its Houghton.

Not Hougton.
Not Hoghton.
Not Houghtown.
Not Houtown.
by morell
Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:It's become a sad state of affairs when organising C-Grade teams takes priority over an entire club in Wingfield Royals

It didn't.

They were given more than enough time to meet requirements.
Why on earth couldn't they have played in D7 with one team?
by morell
Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's become a sad state of affairs when organising C-Grade teams takes priority over an entire club in Wingfield Royals

It didn't.

They were given more than enough time to meet requirements. Why on earth couldn't they have played in D7 with one team?
Because some clubs said no, a lesser number said yes and the rest abstained from voting...
Yeah I get that delegates voted no ...

But Whyyyyyyyyyyy!
by morell
Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're playing @The Real Number 3 and his Lakers at their mud pit on Satdee. Should be a good hit out.
by morell
Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:
morell wrote:And is the rumour true that Varcoe isn't playing for AV due to not getting his wads of cash?

Not sure where u get ur info from but he is up and firing and ready to go.
From the depths of pestilence, serfdom and filth.

The D6 thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:
by morell
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to hosting Adelaide Uni on the weekend. Always good blokes and I reckon we should all get around them for staying in D7.
by morell
Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day

At risk of being howled down...

I'm not a massive fan of playing footy on ANZAC day. To me ANZAC day is the most sacrosanct day on the calendar.

I can't stand the football to war correlations. The borderline celebrations of lunacy. The xenophobia.

We should swap our attitudes about Good Friday and ANZAC day around. ANZAC day should be - everything is shut, no one works all day, sombre, reflective, quiet. Good Friday should then be whatever you want day including playing footy, getting on the turps et al.

It makes me tilt my head when I think we have a day where according to the law you can't even sell a beer for an illusionist born 2000+ years ago with little to no influence on our modern day culture, compared to ANZAC day which has turned into a day for terrible VB ads, shitty over dramatised football games and bogan rhetoric - instead of a time to remember the fallen.

/rant
by morell
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not a fan of before midday either - but if the RSL don't wish death upon anyone choosing to play before midday, then why should we....

The RSL have always taken the line that the Diggers fought for our freedom and as a result do not want to impose restrictions on us going on with our regular life. Part of that is playing football on Saturdays during the winter. Even been in a position socially where someone offers something, that technically, sure, they said it's fine, but really it felt like you should have politely declined out of respect?
by morell
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hahahahaha. We don't want to hear about your love life Mr Beefy.

And its only suss if there's eye contact.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about a ruck contest, which would result in much embarrassment on my behalf.
by morell
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey I weaved a reference to Trengove and Walker in there!

jo, here is a great read on the seemingly contradictory rulings and "narrow interpretation" (Read: inherent bias) of the High Court in regards to s 116 from Gonzalo Puig, it explains it better than I could:

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Senate/Research_and_Education/~/~/link.aspx?_id=4184EDA9BC784EB6A5B1AF03D06EF8FC&_
by morell
Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Too many big words for Arch, people often mock what they don't understand ;)
This.

Nah, I love it when people don't contribute anything, then complain about the content that people are contributing.

It's an interactive forum you ding bats. YOU create the content and drive the discussion.
by morell
Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lesson of the day - if you're going to play unregistered players, put them in the back pocket and make sure they don't stand out by kicking 10 goals.
by morell
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

popcorn.gif
by morell
Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nah it's a shit thing to do, so is warming up at the wrong end and trying to start a fight because if it, so is calling for a count in div 7 reserves, so is the b grade umpire reporting a guy for saying the F word in frustration.

My personal opinion of the Angle Vale FC sadly didn't change after today.

Winners are grinners tho!
by morell
Sat May 09, 2015 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rightio.

So it's our fault our guy got a red card for practically nothing because of an over zealous umpire.
It's our fault Angle Vale have no idea about sportsmanship.
It's our fault the Angle Vale umpire insisted on wiping the scores despite our protests.

If we had of argued it more we probably would've had more sent off.

You have no idea what you're talking about Trader, you weren't there.

Pull your head in.
by morell
Sun May 10, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So what you're saying is, we're in the top 70!

by morell
Mon May 11, 2015 12:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have we hit the front yet?

By a long way.......

It will be boring next week tho mate as you have the bye.

Hopefully when you head up to Houghton next week they don't Cut there nails of get the studs checked in the line up before the game so all hell can brake loose on here again........ ;) I'm going to Melbourne with the missus for that game. :D

But knowing Houghton and the slick operation they have up there I am sure everything will run as smooth as Q's head.
by morell
Mon May 11, 2015 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyway, even I am sick of talking about ends, counts and songs. Maybe it's an idea to focus on more positive things.

Like how good Varcoe is. Took two of the best marks you would likely see at D7 level.

Also good to see old mate Davo get off the ground here:

varcoe_mark.jpg
by morell
Mon May 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

His one hander was just as good. Caught the thing like a tennis ball.
by morell
Mon May 11, 2015 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets get it trending.

#GiveMorgsHisGoalsBack
by morell
Tue May 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C4 - season 2015

Can't ask for much more than that, great work IFFC.
by morell
Thu May 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You know, this review seems awfully familiar....
by morell
Mon May 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damage? What do you mean? They might be as angry as their oval's worms and kick 35 goals instead of 32? :lol:

Mitchell Park are in for a long day, we know it, they know it, someone's minor faux pas on a Facebook page isn't going to alter any of that.
by morell
Wed May 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am assuming this ruling for Ingle Farm is related to their official club social media accounts, not private individuals.
Pretty sure it's for anyone involved in the club - for instance if I decided to unload a tirade of abuse towards the SAAFL over this matter on either here or FB, that would most likely come under that umbrella. Ridiculous and if you guys wanted to fight it, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Punishing an employer or club because of an individual's actions when they're not representing that club is hilariously misguided.

Ingle Farm can of course have that policy, and I commend them to enforce it, but the league has no business trying to regulate or control people's private social media accounts, no matter how scurrilous.

Unless of course they encroach into the legal definition of defamation.

For what it's worth though, the club has asked members not to discuss it, and have had admin on top of it making sure any comments etc that are negative or not helpful in anyway are deleted straight away .

IF FB.JPG Yeah understand, and its probably smart from Ingle Farm. As that is the Ingle Farm FB page, it should and absolutely does fall under that umbrella. Comments included.

Doesn't mean we can't criticise that ruling though.
by morell
Thu May 21, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.

What would you all do if I said that you couldn't post anything derogatory about anything and that al posts had to be about butterflies and sunshine?

Hmm? You're doing a great job FC. And that's not a suck up. I've been on internet forums since Adam was a twinkle in his Dad's eye (even moderated a few) there haven't been any better mods. :)

All social media forums need moderation and guidelines to ensure the content adheres to the community standards. But it is up to that community to set those standards, not anyone else.

I would post very differently on my club's official facebook page, than I do on here, I post very differently on 8Chan that I do Reddit etc, based on those communities guidelines.

That's the thing people always miss if they're not actively involved, it's Social , meaning you don't control the content, the hive mind does.

The SAAFL trying to regulate individual social media accounts has resulted in this discussion. Case in point. :D Their attempt to remove or reduce criticism has resulted in more.
by morell
Thu May 21, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by morell
Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by morell
Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

I love people with that attitude: "but insurance is great, I don't pay a cent for my <insert medical service>". Yes. You do. You pay a monthly fee. A monthly fee which would be contractually obligated to add up to MORE than the cost of the services you used.

Take all your insurance costs, put them into an untouchable bank account for a couple of years, apply interest. Profit.

But, if a club can incur those insurance costs on your behalf*, then yeah, I think that's an attractive proposition for players.

* or maybe if the club was smart, put those insurance costs into an interest bearing account and us that instead.
by morell
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah it's a real pickle.

If only someone, somewhere, somehow saw it coming before the start of year. Damn.

And just quietly, these are the sorts of lack of vision, strategic thought and foresight type problems you run into with a delegate based administration system.
by morell
Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mass debate with Morell

Jimmy_041 wrote:LGIL - Incorrect
Morrell - Correct
Could have just stopped there Jimmy. 8)
by morell
Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did you have a vastly different side crabman?
by morell
Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speak for yourself. :D
by morell
Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Labelling the whole angle vale club is a bit harsh when it was one person who made the call to call a count ( me ) Yeah understand, it was said in jest for a laugh.

Another odd thing happened with the A Grade actually.

Salisbury West took a bit long getting out of their huddle and the umpire balled it up when Mitchell Park were all ready but nobody from SW was in position. Our ruck-man grabbed it, and waited, then threw it back to the umpire once everyone was ready.

Thought it was interesting. Even the Salisbury West guy said he would've taken it and kicked it forward.
by morell
Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But nobody of any quality plays lower than D3, you all know that.
by morell
Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ppl stop.

Everyone stop.

Clearly the best defender in D7 is...

@Q.
by morell
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I like the cut of your jib whufc!
by morell
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having played soccer all my life you find alot of clubs do a heaps of 'silent' training

The theory being the players off the ball should be running to the right areas that the player on the ball visually knows where to give it

It's great for teaching players how to give to the 'first option' or to play that 'simple ball'

Also helps when putting in place a structure and making players kick to a certain spot regardless of noise etc around them Spot on! We did it in basketball too. The theory was that you as an individual should be able to remember and understand the set plays without having to telegraph it to the opposition with constant instruction.

"Voice" as a general concept has a much bigger emphasis put on it in Aussie Rules compared to the other sports I have played - Basketball and Rugby Union.

The reasons for that I'm not sure. Part of me things its got a lot to do with "that's the way we've always done it" and "this is how I've been taught" rather than actually critically thinking about the sport.
by morell
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's stupid because if any coach uses the newspaper to define their game plan and tactics they shouldn't be coaching, so it's a moot process.

I had to name the best for the paper from Saturday and it was a spare of the moment guess and an afterthought.

People take themselves and D7 football WAYYYYYY too seriously.

Anyone "hiding" players by not naming them in the best for the paper needs to take their hand off it.

Like wise for censoring posters on sa footy!!
by morell
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't forget Mitchell Park Vs St Paul's under lights tonight if you're around the place and want to watch some local footy.

Say you're a sa footy poster and that morell sent you and the beers will be double :)
by morell
Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:So what was the secret behind keeping St Paul's to their lowest score for the year?
The inspiration of watching the defensive genius of the reserves beforehand.
by morell
Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:
morell wrote:
As an aside, how many runners are we able to have on the ground?

One, I think you can 2 runners but only one on the ground at anytime
What about a second runner who wears white and carries a drink bottle?
by morell
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Custom build Q. Mitchell Park trade secret.
by morell
Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tempted to get admin to ban my account for the week.

Angle Vale if you're serious, you'd kick #44 and #56 from your B grade out of your club tommorow. Actually got warned about those exact two from different teams and sources and sadly they lived up to their reputation.

Couple of weeks for Van-headbutt or whatever his name is too I think.
by morell
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Might as well do it for D7 too Zartan. Thanks in advance.
by morell
Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

"its too hard to catch them" isn't really a good enough argument to justify not having rules in place. It's flawed logic at best.

Good on them for trying to do something about this scourge on our game.
by morell
Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |