Search found more than 2016 matches

Return

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Trader
Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

this is my fave thread right now... :lol:
by woodublieve12
Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 6 2013

Division six is looking very interesting for next season
some great fueds from the past and a couple of new ones growing
maybe the best division going next season
a lot of people will be trying to be apart of it
by dee man
Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Hello to everyone in our new home of Division 6 hopefully the Roy's can bounce back after the last 3-4 tough years.
by Roaring Lion!
Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

CEO's are a team of one.....poor analogy.... [/quote]Bad CEO's maybe. Good CEO's are part of a team. Great CEO's are lead by and serve the team.

It's an apt analogy. (Through to the keeper on that one Morrell)

So if were after impressing people (I mean really? I though we were playing a game of football to win, and have fun) guys should be encouraged to wear things that suit their body type, gait and sense of fashion .[/quote]

So your okay with MP wearing TuTu's :)
by Cohiba
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wouldnt a long term mitchell park lion who disagrees with the concept of paying footballers have no concept as to why etiquette and attire is expected when your receiving cash to represent the guernsey

its a little bit of a default response yerr
by marbles
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zedman are u serious that a coach can not take players i laugh at that comment like stealing money is ur example well the police better be called in i must be breaking the law.
And when you do not have an understanding of my role one bit at TOS, i am a coach there maybe not the A grade coach but i am Scotts off field coach an assistant last time i checked it is still coaching, The best thing with Scott and TOS is they want to build a gr8 team of coaches and hopefully it works for some gr8 results for the club.
And your comment that as coach i should be present at every event the club does, they did not pay that much for me to put my whole life on hold i honoured my contract to what was put on paper.

But i do luv the can worms open in the discussion about slacks i never stated on here i dont agree or agree i gave option to the playing group, but if the club enforced as club uniform, well then you should do it. But when clubs just make A grade players do it and reserve players get to where no slacks is that fair.

I've never left a club and taken players. Had the odd one ask to come and sought approval from the club and I have ALWAYS attended ALL club functions regardless of cost. It's a gimme. You take on the role and you abide by the club rules. Leadership reflects attitude captain. :D
by Yank Man
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes Laughing Kookaburra in hindsight maybe not the best way i explained that i don't think as coach you are required to attend every functions the club organises. But was meaning senior and Junior club functions i would not have time to work full time if i attended all of them, they would need to pay me more for the work i miss out on, need to work to live and keep the wife happy and the house with all the kids running around in it. Plus we did not pay any players at Angle Vale and i coached for a very minimal fee as i knew it was a new club with not opportunity to generate income with out major sponsors and home oval when i first went there. I always sponsored back in services or equipment what i was being paid.

With club functions there is time in everyones calendar that certain functions are gunna clash with footy club and non footy club, I think it is big to say that Coach should be at every function and never miss one, because other things are planned and organise. Players miss functions due to other committments so why cant a coach.

This whole lil debt started due to on person who stating i organised a function for players when the club had a function which i did state early a Group of players organised a night out for tea with player and wives and partners on a night nothing was on, but the club changed there function 3 times and told players it on Tuesday night before the Saturday, and as we all know footy takes up alot of time for everyone and the wives and partners did not want to change the night that had been organised. Things clash all the time everyone has busy life with footy and non footy.

Hope this clarfies it all up

geeze the bloke took the club to its first grand final and scored promotion like no other coach before at the club has, but geeze he didnt wear black slacks and failed to attend the local fairy floss party - just not good enough BP
by marbles
Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jeepers it's going to be a long pre season if this keeps up ....
by sprinttospace
Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm guessing there are more teams that wore blacks slacks that didn't win flags than teams that won them
by Mr Beefy
Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

could we gather confirmation as to which premiership teams this season wore black slacks and which one didnt? from div 1 right down to div 7...
by marbles
Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

carey wrote:What's this Marion stuff? Is this confirmed or just normal forum piss and wind?

Only one person on the forum is peddling this and its debatable that he may have lost his namesake.....
by heater31
Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

I think that's gettin a little ambitious. Weren't they belted in a div 7 GF.!!! If I were trinity I'd be wanting recruits coming north of the divs rather than sth. I'm sorry and don't mean to sound rude but I don't give a shit how handy people think players are or if ya playing with mates and ra ra ra! It ain't hard to look the bees knees in div 7. Most would be lucky to make the starting line up for trinity. But good for depth.

Some good points BI. Of course we want recruits from higher Div's to come but when you are a club that doesn't pay a cent to players, are in a location that is a fair way from where most people live and have the BLG league only a drop-kick away from you, recruiting from higher Div's is a big challenge. Unless they have a good mate at the club it generally doesn't happen. We would like to think that the culture we have created at the club is a great draw card but until people actually come and experience it, it's a tough selling point.

We weren't in Div 7 that long ago and I would still say that the best players in Div 7 were of similar calibre to the best in Div 5. The biggest difference is the depth of players in each team. Adding to our depth is an important focus at our club as we feel that could be improved significantly and if that is all that ends up happening with the recruits we get then hopefully that will help improve our squad with better competition for spots in the team. We felt we weren't far off the pace last year despite our final ladder position. I'm expecting next year to be a pretty even comp again.
by TOSSER
Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't get fit, don't train, don't warm up. It's the philosophy set to revolutionise the game. Just turn up to the game wearing your pyjamas and you'll kick arse.
by Q.
Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get over it you lot - everyone else must be sick of it by now too.
by X Runna
Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dont eat meat night before game
by marbles
Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:What about, erm, other more "domestic" activities before a game?

Good point you should always iron your black slacks on a Thursday before a game so you have time to buy new ones if you burn them.
by barbs
Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why wouldn't Harro be going on again?
Not sure mate! I haven't spoken to him yet, just rumours at this stage. Apparently off to Christies Beach where he has connections though his better half.

That would be 2 clubs looking for a coach in November. St Kilda and MP. :) Surely morell that would put the club in a precarious position where most clubs are ready for pre-season? Very sad if true. A large percentage of MP's players are there because of him, if they go with him that would be back to the drawing board. :( Yeah it's not good news for us. Will find out who the true club people are over the next couple of months I suspect.

We haven't given up on keeping Harry although it is looking dim.

Hopefully the leadership and commitee have acted quickly to ensure as many players as possible have been communicated with and solidity our group.

Might even need your help big fella.
Number 9 on the list of morell's football myths - coaches are necessary... :D
by S Demon
Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Lofty comment about the premiership is not a silly one. The best 21 from 2013 would ABSOLUTELY BELT any div 6 side.... But that wouldn't be the side that would enter SAAFL if they did. 80% would join other central division clubs
by beeched iizzz
Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

^^^^ three times a week??!! You're dreaming. Hard enough getting them all there twice a week.

And 3 or 4 blokes getting paid at a couple of the clubs doesn't equate to most people being paid to play.

And if div 7 A graders are 'supremely athletic' then what athletic freaks are your fringe Div 1 reserve players?
by Q.
Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morrell does have a ridiculous idea that every player should never be paid. Clubs like Mitchell Park and Morrell will have to gett over this ridiculous notion if they want Io exist and prosper into the future. You can't just blame local clubs like CLG and Kenilworth and Southern clubs for rewarding players efforts with financial reward. A part of football life that 95% of players are rewarded financially now. To suggest that football or SAAFL football should be non paying is both ridiculous and nieve. Time for Mitchell Park to either dig ino their pockets or just accept that players will walk away for financial reasons. The days of playing for zero reward have been over for 20 years and is nothing new. It has nothing to do with who is a tue Mitchell Park player but a football reality I've been over this countless times and to be honest the discussion now bores me and probably many others. Suffice to say I would much rather struggle and get smashed but play with great life long friends, than play with a bunch of guys who are after a pay packet and/or aren't interested in contributing to the club outside of kicks, marks and handballs.

That is a personal preference and a cultural point of difference at Mitchell Park. Some people love it, and stay for the rest of their careers. Others don't dig it as much.

We are essentially a social football club, some people at the club would hate me saying that, but that's the reality. Of course we strive for success and we want to win, but ultimately, on field success is only one measurement of how well we're going. Gameday lasts for a couple of hours, the amount time I spend at the club is much, much more than that. Sport is the vehicle, but the real reason why I play, and I would suggest the great majority of other people at Mitchell Park play, is for the social component. Paying players would erode the social component.

Its a different outlook, and one that is sadly disappearing from modern football. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

If you all want to turn your clubs into mini corporations and slut yourselves to the next group of mercenaries, so be it, good luck with that, have fun in the lofty heights of what, Div 4? Div 3? Whoppdeedoo! We will still be down here, having a laugh, and kicking goals, albeit likely less than our opponents in 2014.

morell, you do not need to defend yourself and your great club re paying players. Yes, most clubs do it and the progressive one's who want to go up divisions all have footy spending budgets to get them there. The wonderful thing about MP is the mateship of people who play for the love of the club. If that leaves the club up and down from Div 6 to 7 and players coming and going then so be it. It is what it is at the den but unless attitudes change at the top then the club will struggle to stay alive. Yes zedman, I hope to come back this year and be an influence in some way. :)
by Yank Man
Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:True the Lakers have lost perennial Mitchell Park killer Novosel?

Not true, spoke to him Saturday at Festa. Cash is being thrown but he will stay loyal.
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well done and congratulations must go out to Scott "Scooter" Weekley who is the new A Grade Coach for Mitchell Park in season 2014. Scott has been our B grade coach for quite a few years but also has experience with Edwardstown. Taking what was a pretty ordinary unit at times in our B grade to perennial finals contender, Scott was the perfect man for the job. Personally speaking he has been a great coach for me and is one of the better tactical minds you will come across in amatuer football.

He is also quite pragmatic when it comes to black slacks. :D

We would also like to welcome back one of our favourite sons in Wayne Wyld, who has graciously stepped out of retirement to give us hand in a Director of Coaching sort of role. Yanky can perhaps expand on his role?

Now to build some positivity, win back some players, get on the blower and get stuck into pre season. In January. ;)

Official role is Football Manager and Assistant to Scott. Time to support the very guy who supported me for two years. After all he was my A grade assistant as well as ressies coach. Is good to be back but. We've kept the majority, recruited a few and a couple have come back from the 2013 gf team.
by Yank Man
Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't believe that players in div 7 are getting paid well over a hundred a game. Where is footy heading,surely you can attract players to your club without offering ridiculous money.will be bloody cold training in the middle of winter at this club
by TIRED TIGER
Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can't believe that players in div 7 are getting paid well over a hundred a game. Where is footy heading,surely you can attract players to your club without offering ridiculous money.will be bloody cold training in the middle of winter at this club
You have to be joking? There is no way any players in Div7 should be getting paid at all let alone over a hundred bucks. What type of club would do this?

People wonder why clubs fade away and die!

This would have to be a joke?

OR this could be the way the club is able to work its way up the Divisions, which is after all what all SAAFL clubs are trying to do. Maybe this club has exhausted all avenues in recruiting and has decided to fork out some coin to attract players that are going to help them win a flag, or at least make the GF so they can be promoted.

If its within your means to pay players why not use it to your advantage. You just want to make sure you recruit/pay the right type of player who supports the club off the field as much as he does on.

This is the crucial point. And one where many (if not most) clubs fail. All about short term gains vs long term gains.

Unfortunately meganeck, you don't pay and you run the risk of losing your best players. I thought we recruited well at MP and the guys played for the love, but along comes the money tree and all of a sudden guys are getting offered more than half their weekly work salary to move on. Makes it hard to keep them. The budgets of some clubs I have heard in Div 6 and 7 blows me away, right up there with my time in Div 1 and 2. Makes our 2012 GF all the more special because really good players went to war just for the game and each other, ;)
by Yank Man
Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jaykay13 wrote:what a load of rubbish old fellow! You obviously dont get to many games! The game plan is built around intimidation!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd

by woodublieve12
Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nobody wanna play footy anymore :(
Ovingham
Brahma Lodge
Kilburn
Noarlunga
Mitchell Pak
Flinders Uni
Happy Valley

It's becoming an epidemic!

I think its more to do with these days less players are willing to do the hard yards than in previious years, maybe cop a belting and clubs like these (smaller in size compared to others)struggle to keep the players who are serious about their footy as they move on to 'greener' pastures and then the blokes 50/50 about their footy will stop playing.

Also the cultural demographic of the area plays apart. Im not sure about Mitchell Park, Ovingham etc but Kilburn has a high number of immigrants who arent really interested in footy, makes it tough to have a junior set ups required these days.

Modbury this year will be fielding 5 senior sides, U18s, 3 womens sides and 20+ junior sides.
by Footy Smart
Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Glenunga- look the goods from off season recruiting and last years late form
Para Hills- if they keep everyone
CLG- div 6 premiers wiil be up and about.... Success is always a good motivator
Adelaide Lutheran- always a threat
Trinity- one to watch
CBC- will respond in div 5
Elizabeth- they've lost a few but new coach may need a season
Greenacres- 38 year old recruits won't help
North Haven- too many lost to other clubs and retirements
Westminster- they found the step up too hard a few years back!

The last time we came up from 6 to 5 we made a GF and were 15 points up half way through the last only to lose to Ian Perrie. We also won the GF last year so maybe with success being a motivator and our past history we wont finish bottom... ;)
by WOS Dragons
Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi Morell. How's it going at the den?
Hey matey.

Its going well.

Nah its no secret were struggling. Not sure on the details in regards to where we're heading just yet, a bit more water under the bridge I suspect.

Yanky would know more.

Nice handball morell........ all I know is that we have lost 25 starting A graders from last year. Reckon the punters can work the rest out. :(
by Yank Man
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:
Nice handball morell........ all I know is that we have lost 25 starting A graders from last year. Reckon the punters can work the rest out. :(

18+3=21

;)
by Q.
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They should have won more games with 25 out there
by Mr Beefy
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lets hope they succeed. But in reality, if you cant see yourselves fielding 2 sides every week. Wouldn't it be advisable to make the call soon and nominate for 1 side? Don't wanna go 6 rounds in and then start pulling out in the B's.
by Bombers4EVA
Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Carey, are you going to miss the great man "Riddler" now that he has moved onto greener pastures??

I have a lot of time for Richard Chee Quee I always have and that will continue.

Have you seen the man dance? Smoke was coming off the Slug dance floor along with hearts breaking all over the place :lol:
by carey
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Carey, are you going to miss the great man "Riddler" now that he has moved onto greener pastures??

I have a lot of time for Richard Chee Quee I always have and that will continue.

Have you seen the man dance? Smoke was coming off the Slug dance floor along with hearts breaking all over the place :lol:

Been privildged to see the "John Travolta" of the modern era strut his stuff on a few occasions. He will be surely missed at the Lakes, but I believe his influence at the Legs will go far. Maybe we will see him coaching the big league in the near future me thinks.
by Bombers4EVA
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I presume you are talking about the latest Aami Insurance ad?
by the milky bar kid
Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flinders Uni have lost 18 from the A grade and 17 from the B grade finals sides from last year, plus some extras on top of that. Most of the Uni Hall lads (majority of them were A graders) are gone for one reason or another which was the big difference last year. Fact is 3 weeks ago we were barely going to fill one side and the majority of the guys we still have are from the C4 side we had from last year. If you want to talk record margins it would have been us staying in D7.

As it was put to us last night IF it goes through all the Uni players will be transferred to MP and auto-transferred back on the 1st of Feb next year. It wont be 2 separate sides as we will be able to move up and down were we can. The D6R side will likely play in the Flinders strip but both sides will be at the same ground each week. Everything else still being worked out. We've been invited to play in the MP trial this week so we'll see from there what happens.
by someguy1
Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From an email sent to clubs today:

Both Mitchell Park and Flinders University have experienced a mass exodus of players & or retirements with both clubs going from 3 teams each in 2013 to 1 team each in 2014. Both clubs are in the process of establishing a Memorandum of Understanding which will see them join forces with the Mitchell Park FC competing in the Division 6 and Flinders University in 6 Reserves. Players will be selected on merit and will interchange from one side to the other just as other clubs do from A to B grade and vica verca. Given the late notice, the Division 6 Reserves team will still wear the FUFC uniform to honour sponsorship agreements written before today.
by Footy Chick
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pfft give it a couple of weeks they'll all come streaming back to win another flag :roll:[/quote

Won't happen. There's still some good players that will play this year but their issue is their depth.

This happened to us in 2011, went from 2 teams in divvy 5 to having 5 players. :shock:
It took a lot to get a team up and was only done by a lot of loyal supporters, the average age of the
team was 44 if my memory is right. We were lucky and got put in the C1 division, the results were so outstanding
we had to change our margin tickets! When someone got ticket 100 no-one would buy any more, so we had to double
the tickets and halve the price so there was a chance we could sell them all !!! :oops:
Seriously tho this is going to happen more and more as people are finding new things to do with their spare time,
and the kids are not as interested in footy any more as they used to be. We had lost our juniors but have a bit of a resurgence
this year with an U18s and hopefully an U10s. It doesn't help when some clubs have more than 1 team in an age group, due to the drop off.

We have been there and it will be a long way back for these sides that are in trouble but I hope they can get back to their former glory.

Good luck to all this season :D
by panthers
Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Footy Chick started this to determine why clubs get in strife. So sticking to the point, from a Mitchell Park perspective when I came to the club in 2010 we identified recruitment. Being close to so many SAAFL clubs we looked outside the square and went south. The SFL has many good players who struggle to play A's but can be highly competitive in Div 7 (where we were at the time). We got good players, some 22, over 2 years and promised them a premiership if they were prepared to do the hard yards. Unfortunately that was a career highlight for them and mission accomplished. Now they would rather suck tinnies and revel in the glory rather than put in again and be competitive at a higher level. Some have gone south again, some have other agendas and the die hard oldies have families and achieved a lifetime dream. There is no formula to keep your club up and about other than a successful junior programme. Money don't buy love, promises don't buy love, but a kid who has played 50 to 100 games in the juniors??))) Most of them love you forever and don't expect to get paid, maybe except for one who is very good and being chased by other clubs. In that case then of course you do what you can to accommodate him. Frankly I'm staggered that 4 of our best players, in a struggling Div 6 club, have been offered between $200 and $450 a game to desert us. Thank God they remain loyal.
by Yank Man
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is no doubt a small minority of umpires are cheats but to say they get the club in trouble is a load of BS. We are grown adults and it's a game of footy.

Players in lower divs make 100x more bad decisions on a footy field than the umpires and you don't see many getting abused as umpires do.
by LaughingKookaburra
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I witnessed two absolutely awful decisions that were in my opinion clearly CHEATING

1. 3rd quarter Ingle Farms George Long as running back towards the goal chasing the ball, about 2 metres in front of his opponent punches the ball through the goal.. Given a goal..

2. 4th quarter when it was tight, Ingle Farms Nathan Stacey crumbs a ball, wheels around and snaps for a goal.. Called touched.. Worse still reasoning "it was touched off himself" :/

Crucial decisions at crucial stages that could well have impacted on the game

I'll pull this up NOW

If ANYONE has a problem with an umpire, your club has plenty of opportunity to report it to the league without coming on here and claiming cheat.

Makes you and your club look like poor losers (or in this case, winners) and if it's club umpires, only starts pointless arguments.

I'm sure any of you would go spare if someone blatantly called you a cheat without the right of reply.

Feel free at anytime to mention that there may have been some questionable decisions that you didn't agree with ;) it means exactly the same thing 8)
by Footy Chick
Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

got to see the second half of the mawsons v parkies game on saturday
first game i have watched for a couple of years and must admit loved being at local footy again to see the passion,commitment and love of the game that local footy brings
wont comment on the actual game but would like to say that both clubs,players,supporters and officials did them self proud and more importantly showed great respect and humility to each other
mawsons showed a professionialsm and cappacity to play the game,but more importantly to all concerned,they new the game was won the moment they turned up but in no way did they show arrogance or lack of respect for there very over welmed opposition
parkies showed that you never give up and fight for every bit of pride and respect you can recieve and in that they passed in spades
well done to scooter on his first A Grade coaching job and even though its going to be a long year you showed great poise and control and if you are not already you soon will be one of the best coaches in the division,whether the results come or not
by dee man
Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did see a big fella in the warm up talking to the coach, it didn't look good.
by norm11
Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:I did see a big fella in the warm up talking to the coach, it didn't look good.

morell :D And he ain't THAT big ;)
by Yank Man
Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What happened mate? I reckon Mawsons wouldve just won by a goal or two if you had of made it.
Forgot your emotion again :P

A bit of Mariah there Phantom?

Does anyone actually believe B4E will actually get it one day? B4E the mighty MPFC don't have a B grade, so morell had little option but to play A's, unless of course he Is dying to play for the crabs :lol: with all those tinder matches, only playing for the crabs might be a good outcome
by Mr Beefy
Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's small but @ least it's cute.....
by LaughingKookaburra
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Its his opinion LM and he can't be begrudged it (and I'd bet my house that it's not only his opinion either)

Every team has their reasons for doing what they're doing because they validly believe the decision they've made will keep their club alive.

Kilburn believe that going down will kill their club.

Brahma believed the opposite.

Perhaps everyone should be saving their praise or condemnation until we find out which one worked
by Footy Chick
Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Its almost pretty simple though. No paying players, more players staying loyal to their local club.

Out of curiosity, how many players would your club (Mawson Lakes) have picked up and retained if it hadn't been for the lure of a few $$?

You must underestimate my power of persuasion Phantom ;)
by The Riddler
Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |