Search found 4 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Well done, Legs Man, bloody great insight. I got bits & pieces from mates at Lofty re how it unfolded but didn't realise that it was such a shambles.
Your point re having Echunga, Nairne & Lofty in Central is a really valid one, I think. I don't know if there's a DEFINITIVE model that'll tick all the boxes, but you're right about the divide. Although I like seeing Lofty hand out floggings, I can't see how it helps Country Div at all this year. Added to this: if Echunga finish bottom of Club Shield, but at the same time get more competitive as the season progresses, have solid facilities/committee etc, but they get relegated...footy loses, really. There'll always be swings & roundabouts but something's not quite right at the moment from what you said.
by Justquietly
Fri May 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not everyone's going to be happy, no matter what the results. I also mentioned earlier: can the Club Shield weightings be different? But there are massive pros & cons for that as well ie weight seniors too strongly & the Uraidla situation gets magnified even more greatly. Weight the Colts more strongly & the crux of your club (seniors) getting flogged reflects poorly on the club, yet they remain in Central. SAAFL obviously does promotion/relegation as standard, it's a simple factor. Hills is a different beast due to the communities involved & sharing talent pools, however it is still a promotion/relegation situation. Simple.

Could you take away the promotion/relegation? I haven't seen the survey but does it mention anything about a settled two team comp, NOT two-tiered comp ? Ask all clubs: where do you want to be? What are your registered numbers as of X date? What is your case to be in Central or Country? Who knows, you may just get this year's relegated team & maybe Nairne being the clubs that 'want' to be in a different league. Then leave those leagues as-is for 3 years, then re-visit. That allows for clubs to establish a 3-year plan when it comes to coaches, players, junior academies, recruiting etc.

Legs Man: I agree with you re timings. The clubs involved in a promotion/relegation situation really need to know ALL the ins & outs/what's required straight after the season's end.
by Justquietly
Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A 'forum' at its best. This is entertaining.
by Justquietly
Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

anyone from ironbank confirm or deny winners of an triple m competition were driven up to ironbank to hear the great man jars address his troops before the game against blackwood? surely this is a joke
No, true. It's about grassroots footy so why wouldn't you use Jars? They also had lunch etc on the way up. A bit of exposure for HFL too.
by Justquietly
Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |