Search found 60 matches

Return

Re: Abbott Watch

Interesting that Abbott "distanced" himself from Bernardi's comments about abortion. Smart move politically, but everyone knows what he really believes about that issue. He's obviously being really closely advised and well-briefed before any public comments. Can he manage that for 3 years? I think not.
by Ruben Carter
Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

I'm amazed the Cows want to risk firing up the Power even more than usual. They have real difficulties competing in Showdowns as it is... It'll make our first win there against them even more special :lol:
by Ruben Carter
Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Squids wrote:Image

Love the design, hate the colours... 8)
by Ruben Carter
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

If you can't kick by the time your 20, you never will. Can't think of one player who got better over time. Irish and Canadians don't count.

Warren Tredrea was a fairly unreliable kick for goal when he started, but with a heap of work and practice he changed to become fairly accurate in front of goal with his set-shots.
by Ruben Carter
Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carlton will finish higher than Adelaide this season IMO.
by Ruben Carter
Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:Our main issue was our delivery into the forward line, and just run in general

No, your main issue is that you have a crap list and players who think they are better than they really are - which is average at best...
by Ruben Carter
Sun May 04, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Koch Head

CCL not related in any way to UK Fan are you? :oops:
by Ruben Carter
Sun May 11, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

the joker wrote:Gold Coast away is a 50/50
But I think if you lose the showdown you will miss top 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I know why you call yourself the Joker - that's a good one... :lol:
by Ruben Carter
Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The flaw in your theory, Days is that your basing it on last year's results, which are now completely irrelevant. Teams like Gold Coast, Bulldogs and even Crows will be a very different proposition in 2015. Brisbane also. We won't know who has a hard or easy draw until September 2015.
by Ruben Carter
Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

You're clearly right FOURTH ESTATE, and I accept that you being a Richmond and Glenelg supporter, you'd be eminently qualified to make that judgement.
I'd have thought richmond's season was far from over
Not yet. Give it time. History suggests they'll finish 9th or make just make finals and capitulate immediately.
by Ruben Carter
Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Premiers in 16

16 seasons?
by Ruben Carter
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Final Round - Round 23

woodublieve12 wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Not sure what the fuss is about North all week regarding tanking, port have been doing it all year

Hawthorn says hello

Hawks finished 3rd, you finished 9th... Your point?

Not that sharp, are you? Maybe my point is Port weren't tanking against Hawthorn, idiot!
by Ruben Carter
Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

woodublieve12 wrote:
Ruben Carter wrote:Hodge= good footballer not necessarily smartest human going around. Great leader on field.... enough said

Just sweep it under the rug?

No not at all. I think he is a poor choice as club captain OFF the field but a great one ON it (most of the time)
by Ruben Carter
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Final Round - Round 23

Red Rocket wrote:Pity Port didnt show this much fight when it actually mattered

Pity the AFL didn't schedule one more match against Hawthorn this year - we would've made the 8 :oops:
by Ruben Carter
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

I'd love to see Henderson matched up on Polek or Matty White.. =))

what, in the injury room?

which two other completely different players would you like to compare next?
Obviously, it hasn't occurred to you that both White and Polek play on the wing. Watching Henderson against them would be like seeing Phar Lap racing against a glacier. That's all I'm saying ladies.... :lol:
by Ruben Carter
Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

Q. wrote:Geez, an 18 possession game gets you a Norm Smith these days

If possessions were all that mattered, Kane Cornes would be a legend of the game. With Cyril, you get 100% class & quality. Well deserved!
by Ruben Carter
Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to the Hawks. Cant say they didnt deserve it after travelling to perth twice

Oh the poor things !

W. Coast Travel East a dozen times for the season!

Hawthorn DONT DESERVE a HOME Grand Final but thats just the benefit the Victorian teams get regardless of whether they deserve it or not !

The AFL is all about making money and Maximizing the value of their product, couldn't give a rats about fairness.
so what you're saying is WCE should've had 3 home finals? You're dreaming. I reckon it wouldn't have mattered anyway, on yesterday's form, Hawks would've beaten them anywhere. Yeah, it is about $$ and so it should be.
by Ruben Carter
Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats to the Hawks. Cant say they didnt deserve it after travelling to perth twice

Oh the poor things !

W. Coast Travel East a dozen times for the season!

Hawthorn DONT DESERVE a HOME Grand Final but thats just the benefit the Victorian teams get regardless of whether they deserve it or not !

The AFL is all about making money and Maximizing the value of their product, couldn't give a rats about fairness.

I'm all for the GF being and always staying at the home of footy. The G
Spot on. All the non Vic clubs signed up knowing the GF would always be at the MCG - why is this even an issue?
by Ruben Carter
Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Brodlach wrote:Eight pages in the Herald Sun about Dangerfield today. Welcome to anonymity in Geelong ;)

Yeah, Dangerfield would be hating all that publicity, wouldn't he? :roll: :roll: he always tried to be anonymous in Adelaide...
by Ruben Carter
Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Has Port annouced its profit yet ???
You mean for this year or ever?
What? You mean Port don't make a huge profit every year? :shock:
That's it, I'll jump off them immediately. I think I'll join one of the really profitable clubs like Crows or Central District... :roll:
Because money is everything
by Ruben Carter
Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General discussion/predictions - in lead up to 2016 seas

Some thoughts of mine:

With Scott Selwood and Paddy Dangerfield added to their squad Geelong will be dramatic improvers. I'm tipping Selwood to be reinvigorated and be back to near his best of around 2011-12.

Essendon will improve under the tough, no-nonsense approach of John Worsold and be knocking on the door of the 8.

I'm not sure about Don Pyke as a senior coach; an astute assistant but for mine lacks the mettle to be the main man. I reckon the Crows will drop out of the 8 under him.

On the coaching front I reckon Hardwick, Leppitsch and Buckley will be looking for new work at, or possibly even before, season's end.
Buckley knockers have been tipping his sacking since he took over from Malthouse. The reality is, he's done a very good rebuilding job - I think the Magpies will make the 8 next season & then continue to improve after that with Buckley still in charge.
by Ruben Carter
Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No trolling at all there thanks REB, both players are rubbish, Smedts is a bit more so than Mitchell. Very surprised Smedts got another year.
The original post was Smedts would be a loss, I disagreed along with other Cats fans that see more of Geelong than I do

But, of course DOOL you would know better because you're never wrong about anything. :roll: legend in your own lifetime....
by Ruben Carter
Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

"While Port Adelaide has slashed its short-term borrowings in the past year — from $2.75 million to $340,819 — the club’s long-term loans have more than tripled from $2m to $6.675m"

So just by using figures in the article.

PAFC Debt a year ago
SHORT TERM: $2.75 mill
LONG TERM: $2 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2015 : $4.75 mill

PAFC Debt now
SHORT TERM: $350K
LONG TERM: $6.675 mill

TOTAL TERM DEBT 2016 : $7 mill
:roll: always the optimist
by Ruben Carter
Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

im not endorsing mr lyon i mean what an evil prick :D

however just highlighting that behind the devastation of broken mateship, these are 2 likely single people {lyon & woman} and also theres another person who equally played a role in the mutual seduction being the woman. who could of chose not to enter such relations but she would say herself she had full rights to do whatever she likes

if wayne carey tapped mr stevens partner after a separation would it have been so controversial?

in my lifetime ive seen it happen multiple times where the close mate wants his turn on the newly available female :?
Perhaps it's time to not share your thoughts on this any more. Your views are clear, I'm not sure many others would relate to them.
by Ruben Carter
Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

leading upto the Budget is the best time for the Govt, when they drip feed the good news

however all the talk this year has been more focused on the election and double dissolutions....

if the election is in September, I dare say that plays right into Labors hands

any danger that Turnbull may actually make a decision.......
Why start now?
by Ruben Carter
Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:So far I'd have to say Toumpas hasn't impressed me. Ben Newton mk II
spud
by Ruben Carter
Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

daysofourlives wrote:Toumpas will make a spot his own, White wont ever push him out again.
He will be good as long as Port are good

If Toumpas ever gets an AFL game again after today, it will only confirm that Port are stuffed and bottom 4 at best. He is pathetic.
by Ruben Carter
Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You're not related to Toumpas by any chance? I can't see any positives there at all, he's a poor man's Richard Tambling I MHO.
by Ruben Carter
Wed May 11, 2016 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In KEN we trust :D
How bad was Hartlett today?

And thats the problem, next week he wont touch it as he's on such good terms with himself again after todays performance, much like the rest of the team.
Depends on who they play, he has no problem against minnows like today
The only minnows in the AFL are your pathetic excuse for a club.
by Ruben Carter
Sat May 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corona Man wrote:I would like to see the Toump play again!

Me too. I think Freeling's reserves are short of players this year. That's a standard he'd probably be suited to.
by Ruben Carter
Sun May 29, 2016 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

We've still got still got 8 of our best 22 out, plus as I've mentioned it's 3 games in 12 days v a team off a 12 day break who are the in form team of the comp on their own dung hill.
Crows should be winning this comfortably.
Making excuses before a ball has even been bounced? How Shinboner-like :shock:
by Ruben Carter
Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#thetoumpisshit
by Ruben Carter
Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You Power blokes keep coming up with good excuses to abandonwagon, I'll give you that much lol

I more meant if Toumpas plays and Bonner doesn't I'm out

Plus I like a beer at the footy but can't drink at showdowns as my tolerance level plummets to levels that turns me to Crush,kill,Destroy and repeat over and over, Funny how it only ever happens at showdowns.

Who would've ever thought Toumpas is shit and Bonner looks like his going to be a gem. Only taken till the last game to give him a crack. :roll:

That's one (maybe the only ) thing I simply can't understand about Hinkley. Firstly, why did we recruit him in the first place - I thought at the time he'd be another Richard Tambling but the reality is he's not even that good! Secondly, Hinkley keeps giving him chances and Toumpas continues to play like a scared little girl every friggin' time. I wonder if he's an actual love-child of Hinkley. :shock:
by Ruben Carter
Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love the way non Port fans are so desperate to discredit Hinkley. To the point of wanting him sacked. Why? If he's such a crap coach, wouldn't you want him at Port forever? :lol:
by Ruben Carter
Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

First of all let me say Sydneys mids Kennedy aside are flat track bullies, thats a flogging in 14 and 16 now. Struggling to justify the salary cap they take. The recruiting of Franklin has been an out and out failure, 3 years no flags, reportedly just moving into the biggest pay packet of his contract which will see Mitchell become a Hawk. How awesome 2 flags, no Buddy and now we get one of your best mids, lol lol lol. Sydney cant win a flag with the current list, ive never been surer of that, the list will get pulled apart more and more for the last 6 years of Lances contract, lol lol lol
Congrats to the Dogs, took full advantage of the system presented to them. Lets not get too carried away, only way they survive 1st week of the finals is because of the bye. Its a disgrace and Gillon should be sacked over it, absolutely no advantage to the teams that bust their guts to finish top 4. Huge asterisk *****
Fantastic coaching effort from Bevo, obviously has the players 120% playing for him....... but...... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese...... Bob Murphy isnt the 1st to miss a Grand Final through injury and wont be the last, **** he's not even the 1st captain to miss. Lets keep the day for the ones that earn it ffs or should we make it a participation medal like the U10s, why not just give a medal to everyone who played AFL this year. Murphy should be embarrassed to accept it and I hope Beveridge never gets another win, they arnt something to throw away willy nilly.
And lastly Sydney were carrying about $300 of my hard earned and i couldnt be happier to lose it all. I like to think I contributed in a small way.

Agree with most of that except the Bob Murphy thing

Premierships are won with more than 22 players, I'm not sure rewarding the players who also played throughout that season would be turning it into an u/10 participation award, I think if anything the current set up of giving it only to 22 who play rewards mediocrity when it separates players who may be playing their second game of the year in the gf to an injured bloke who may have played 15 games that year

Where do you draw the line, why doesnt Suckling Jong and Wallis get one? Far more deserving than Murphy who played 4 games. Why stop there, lets give Chris Grant, Brad Johnson and Doug Hawkins one too

Do you think that its the actual medal thats important to the player or actually playing in the game?
Irrelevant. It was a brilliant gesture by the coach IMO. Even if Bob gives it back, it will be a fond memory for life for him.
by Ruben Carter
Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL SYDNEY VS WESTERN BULLDOGS

I'm similar to nuggety I had played every game all year and got dropped for the gf, which in hindsight was the right decision

The player who replaced me played his one and only a grade game for the season

I accepted not getting the medal and remained positive throughout the day but you could tell my teammates felt like I had missed out and the player who replaced me was so apologetic that I felt like it ruined his premiership experience. To this day teammates feel uncomfortable talking about the premiership when me and my replacement are around each other despite having no hard feelings to one another
This happened to me as well, not once, but three times - 2 because of injury and concussion, once just dropped. Back when I played there were no medals presented on the day. But I really didn't feel part of it & refused to be part of the official premiership photos because I didn't play in the GF. That is my greatest regret after all the years in football.
by Ruben Carter
Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah carey, predicting crowds mate. Imagine if you had a life as fulfilling as that, wouldn't be so lippy then would you? :lol:

I know as if anyone would get so PRECIOUS about afl crowds.

IM sure it wont get anyones nose (NO MATTER THE SIZE) out of joint again this year. :-)

Do I dare ask whats your opinion on if Port will report a profit this year ???

Anyway back to Ports aggressive trade period...................................
This obsession you have with Port Adelaide - it's unhealthy and a bit sad really.
I really think you should see a doctor (does anyone bulk bill in Davoren Park?) If so, please get some medication before something really bad happens: like Port winning another flag or attracting 40,000 fans again :(
by Ruben Carter
Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Cam O'Shea delisted.

If A Very well balance argument is when you label anyone who questions Port Adelaide a port Adelaide hater.

Than labelling anyone who mindlessly defends PAFC as a half witted Rucci shouldn't unbalance anything.

If that offends you Stan ICGAF.

Let the balanced debating continue.
Doesnt offend me I just dont think the personal attacks on Booney are required.

Whislt I couldn't give F*** about Port I have no beef with Booney and dont see how he warrents your attacks. Whislt Booney defends his team he doesnt do so in a way that I would label him a Rucci or even part.

We disagree Stan. How someone who 99.9% of the time is going to defend PAFCs stance no matter what(ala Rucci) . Can be labelled balanced seems a contradiction to the true meaning of the term balanced IMHO. I would go with passionately one eyed PAFC as opposed to balanced.
:roll: Pot:Kettle:Black
by Ruben Carter
Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ollie Wines announced vice-captain, with Brad Ebert, Hamish Hartlett, Tom Jonas & Jackson Trengove rounding out the 2017 leadership team.[/quote]
Hamish Hartlett, really?[/quote]
Poor choice IMO. What does Robbie Gray have to do to get a leadership gig?[/quote]
Obviously getting the sooks & shopping yourself around helps.
Even if Wines is the next captain, surely Gray is in the leadership group before the others named.[/quote]

The best players aren't always the best leaders, Gray has only once, IIRC, been in the leadership group and that's when we had about 8 in it.

Hartlett didn't shop himself around, the club did and all the meetings Hartlett had with other clubs made it clear he wasn't going to be going anywhere.

There is no way Gray is in ahead of Trengove, Ebert or Jonas.[/quote]
Mate that maybe the caee but Tom Jonas as a leader?

Correct me if Im wrong but didnt he miss 5 odd games for a late hit?[/quote]

I get that, but I've never seen anything on field or heard of anything off field to suggest Robbie wouldn't be an inspirational leader. I hope it's only because he has no leadership ambitions, because IMO I'd rate him ahead of Trengove, Hartlett and Jonas FWIW.
by Ruben Carter
Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rule Changes 2017

Pathetic. The game we once new is becoming femalised. Next thing tackling will be banned.
by Ruben Carter
Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port Adelaide has reached 50,000 members ahead of Christmas and is pushing ahead to the 60,000-member milestone once again.

It’s a show of strength for a Port Adelaide supporter base that has cracked 60,000 memberships in the past two seasons.

Port Adelaide chief executive officer Keith Thomas says the support shown by members before Christmas will motivate the Power heading into the New Year.

“We are close to a Christmas record for member sign-ups, so that is very encouraging,” Mr Thomas said.

“We’re going for 60,000 members for the third year in-a-row and we’re very comfortable with where we’re tracking to reach that target again.

“Reaching 50,000 before the end of the year is a massive show of strength from our supporters, and going by the turnout at our first open training for the preseason on Monday, the appetite for footy is burning strong.

“I want to thank all of our members who have signed up for the upcoming season and encourage all of those waiting to jump on board to help us charge towards 60,000 and become a member today.”
UK Fan would've choked on his chip butty when he read that :lol:
by Ruben Carter
Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be honest, as a Port tragic, I couldn't give a continental about the Sun's and whatever guernsey they wear. If Gold Coast can make some money, sponsorships, and Chinese members from this venture, good on them. Kochy, it's not that big a deal. How about we focus on the match, and try to be successful on-field FFS.
by Ruben Carter
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLW - Womens AFL

Erin Phillips quote "I'm so proud to be a crow"
Let's wait & see if she stays there when PA enter a team :D

She'd be worth a fist and second round pick. PA gave them up.
Maybe when they enter a women's team.
:D champagne humour. Isn't it ironic that Crows have won 3 premierships now and in every GF the BOG player was developed by Port.
by Ruben Carter
Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Impey was always going to come in. Eddy a little unlucky IMO, Amon a little lucky, again, IMO.

Obviously sticking with the Trengove forward tactic as with he and Dixon we are playing two key targets, Eddy was the 3rd (?) tall, perhaps not required against the Fremantle defence.

I would have kept Eddy in and made Impey wait another week.
Trengove will need to help Ryder out against big Sandilands so I would have kept Eddy in as the 3rd forward.

No. I don't agree about Eddy. He's not AFL standard now & unfortunately I don't think he ever will be. He's another Toumpas type poor recruiting decision. I'd be happy if he doesn't get selected in the team again. But that's just my opinion fwiw.
by Ruben Carter
Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't see the love for Eddy. Good player at SANFL level but not enough tricks for AFL for mine. Also, too slow & doesn't apply enough defensive pressure for mine. I do like him, but if he's playing any more than 4-5 games this year, we're not playing any finals. For mine he offers about the same value as Butcher used to.
by Ruben Carter
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 3

Tad defensive there. Bringing up flags from 13 years ago, are you sure you aren't a Crows supporter there Ruben? ;)
Bunkum. I have always believed Port have got what we deserved. Including the one AFL premiership, entry into the AFL Comp, etc I don't look for excuses unlike many Crows fans who constantly whinge about everything if things don't go their way. Defensive? Good one :roll: #Pot-kettle-black

Have a bong or something mate it's a game of footy. Chill out.
:weedman:
Aaaaah that's better
by Ruben Carter
Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kochie & KT happy with the oversight?

You're a smart man, you know they wouldn't be, so what's with the stupid ******* questions?

Every question you pose in the Port Adelaide thread is a loaded one that serves no purpose.
Come on Booney, go a bit easy on him. After all he's a Glenelg AND North Melbourne fan. :oops:
by Ruben Carter
Tue May 02, 2017 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 7

Giants are front running squibs. Go to water when the heat gets turned up.

Can't win flags if you can't keep pace when the intensity lifts.
More to do with injured players IMO.
GWS were out on their feet in the last quarter, losing Kennedy early hurt them and we see it far more now that the team with the extra rotations run over the opposition. Was very similar to the Melbourne v Richmond game. Could tell late in the third quarter the Saints would get up.

Not just tonight though, Jim.

Adelaide made them look 2nd rate on the counter, and the Dogs should have put them away last Friday night.

When allowed to control the game on their terms and get their link up game going, they look a million bucks. Force them to continually turn the footy over and they get exposed big time.
Crows are the form team of the comp currently so no shame there.
They do like the flair side of the game more than the grinding work though I agree. Still a very much one way running side apart from a few.
Heard them talking about it on SEN the other night and one theory was that because most of their players were very high draft picks who have had it easy through the junior ranks they haven't developed that hunger or toughness yet because it's always been easy for them.
Interesting theory Jim, but honestly - how many current AFL players at ANY club would have struggled as a junior? Even Toumpas was a star in junior football!
by Ruben Carter
Sat May 06, 2017 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |