Search found 121 matches

Return

Re: Crows 2014

Sounds like common sense may prevail after all.Nigel "not so" smart it seems. :lol:
by Chuck Wepner
Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think there is some office bonking going on with Pyne and Bronwyn bishop after yesterdays love in at question time

not sure Poodles and Rottweilers are that compatible 8)
by tigerhutch
Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

I went to the dogpound yesterday - watched BDFC training. If Roger can get this group to finals in 2014 he should be Australian of the year.With the personnel he has available to him I think they'll struggle to win a game. The lower grades are also pretty ordinary as far as quality and numbers on the track might indicate. I think a re-build is definitely on.
by Chuck Wepner
Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

yes Work Choices have been on the cards for a long time

but its disappointing that penalty rates are on the table to be cut, when penalty rates are in place as compensation for working unsociable hours

I know this is a federal topic, but it may have an impact locally - although unlikely to stop the inevitable.

get rid of penalty rates for night shift and ill just go on centrelink - thanks Tony!
by mighty_tiger_79
Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 3 - Discussion (and Live Scores)

The Crows need to work on a 3 quarter time chant

"19th Man, don't go home, don't go home, don't go home...."
by RustyCage
Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:BOG Paul Roos - WOG Brenton Sanderson. There's a lesson in coaching champ, you had the better team and got beat by a B grade side

I think the Cows are a B grade team.
The Crows have no depth & its only going to get worse for them with some spankings to come.
by NO-MERCY
Sun May 04, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"They have been doing it since 1991
Its in their DNA."

Port supPORTer
On talk back radio
Discussing why Adelaide barrackers left the game , before the end, against Melbourne
Comedy gold, a port supporter taking the higher ground re how to support.
#realshortmemory #tarps

And a North Melbourne supporter sledging about tarps (crowd numbers)

#pot
#kettle
#black
by valleys07
Mon May 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Sanderson deluded?

I heard that he rated his list the same as Ports on 5AA tonight. What is he smoking? :weedman:
by Chuck Wepner
Mon May 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst AFL media person..

I find him one of the better ones
by RustyCage
Fri May 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so is there a single journo or commentator that is generally accepted to not be horrible?

Denis?

Used to be bruce, he used to be the best by a mile but now it is like he is trying to relive the glory days

Caro, Rucci, Rowey - dont actually mind any of them. Gotta remember they are paid to write or comment on controversial topics and generate discussion, as that is what gets people listening and reading.

5aa is a perfect example of that. You can tell that Rowey is told to try and come up with some left field ideas etc, and always act as a counterpoint to the more rational McDermott. Im sure there are plenty of topics that Rowey is trying to argue that he doesnt even agree with, but the point is to generate a debate and get people to listen and call in etc.

Rowey is and always will be a brainless knob. By far the worse caller of the game and talk back radio host. The amount of times he has continued to prove how stupid he is makes it a wonder he keeps his job. Yes the stations would ask them to provide ammunition for people to call in, but I don't think he is acting it up - he is that stupid.
by Fricky
Mon May 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Federal Government proposes a price on carbon.

direct action is just a smokescreen for doing fk all.

the fact that they scrapped the climate comission and dont even have a minister for science shows the contempt they have. if it hurts the hip pocket it must be bullshit. makes me so angry that they essentially try and and accuse scientists of being biased when they are on the take from the big mining companies.
by bennymacca
Sun May 25, 2014 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the way home last night I listened to the Pre match with Lyon, Dunstall, Brayshaw and Purple- the purple headed warrior- warrior- Barrett. It was like 4 dickheads broke into a radio studio and didn't know they were on air. As highly paid professionals it was beyond atrocious. After 5 minutes I flicked to AM and listened to Taylor ( who is normally just as bad if not worse when calling a game) Lingy and Caro. At least they talked about the game and didn't just dribble non sensical shit doing a tired piss poor comedy routine. Normally Dunstall is good but he was dragged down to the juvenile level. Brayshaw is normally the main culprit. It's not about the game it's all about the James and his ever present effort to put across his boys club comedy.

Give me Drew Morphett any day of the week. These flogs have lost their direction. I am not looking for a comedy routine, I love footy and you can be entertaining and clever but still make the focus about footy ala Dennis Commetti.

It's getting hard to ever listen to the footy on the radio which is sad. As a kid this was what I did every Saturday with the family when we weren't at the games. I tuned in every week and looked forward to learning and listening. Part of the blame must go to the producers but these guys have turned me away.

Probably didn't help last week when I met Brian Taylor and found him to be a rude, arrogant pig. There are certainly more shit commentators than good ones. It's a worrying trend that the traditional pure football commentator is a thing of the past. Funny enough I met Gerrard Wattley very briefly after Port vGeelong and he was polite, good natured and one of only a few who puts the game before himself.

End rant, I feel better now. :D
by wristwatcher
Sat May 31, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

It did seem as though they got hotter on the HTB calls in the second half, and so they should have as they missed shotloads of them in the first half. Didn't think either team benefitted from the calls, but both suffered from it at times. Scrappy game, both teams struggled with footskills at times, Port just made a little more of their chances than the Dees. Not a game for the highlight reel, but a wins a win and it was an important one for Port. Whoever lost was never going to be able to blame the umps when they were responsible for so many mistakes themself.
by JK
Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

Would doubt any coach could do much better with this lot.
They have been playing a lot better over the last month but have just ran out of cattle.
I did love the presser last night though, love the way Mick treats that wanker Stevens with total disdain
by Jim05
Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well if you are going to make sweeping statements as to the workings of a submarine fleet at least know what you are talking about
by bennymacca
Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Those Universities are enourmous and the coin they generate is phenominal. Considering at a minimum it costs $30,000 USD per year to get an education of which I'm aware of because my partner's brother has a Basketball Scholarship right now and at a US College it funds the Scholarship holders. The US cost of living is far less than ours so it would push up costs to get an education in Australia to make this worth while. I couldn't see in anyway how you could fund such an idea within Australia consistently across the country.

You do realise that colleges in SA are already offering scholarships and paying big money to have dedicated coaches. If it's going to be self funded how is it going to push up the cost of education? The money will come from SA football, you take out the greedy SANFl hands and there is a lot of money to be had in SA football.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/footy-feud-elite-schools-v-sanfl/story-e6freckc-1226604126606
by kickinit
Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Former ruck men coaches

Shaun Rehn coached west.
by carey
Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The late Mike "Swamp Fox" Patterson coached Richmond in 1984 after back to back premierships with North Adelaide in 1971-72 ( and Champions of Australia)
by General Soreness
Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The late Mike "Swamp Fox" Patterson coached Richmond in 1984 after back to back premierships with North Adelaide in 1971-72 ( and Champions of Australia)
My dad coached Western United in 1953 but they like North never played in the AFL.

Did Western United win the Champions of Australia title? :roll:
by General Soreness
Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 stuff

Tex got a holding the ball decision his way early in the match when a port player picked up the ball and was tackled instantaneously.

not sure he had prior opportunity
by mighty_tiger_79
Sun May 03, 2015 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Brisbane Lions 2015

Leppa has been on a hiding to nothing. First a bunch of kids piss off home and then they get more injuries than the Zulu warriors in Zulu Dawn. I can't recall too many matches where he has had a half decent squad it his disposal. Yeah everyone gets injuries but the Brions' injury list has been horrendous.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

If Goodes did what hodge did the media and social media would have exploded. Good old hodgey gets of Scott free! Piss weak!
by woodublieve12
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Probably almost confirms that Dangerflog is heading there.

Crazy move for mine, I still think Stevie is in every teams best 22 and will be for a couple of seasons yet. All class and hard as nails.

On behalf of Port, we will happily take him.

These views are those of wristwatcher and not of all Port Adelaide staff, members, supporters. ;)
by Booney
Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

I saw a bloke today have only 3 or 4 lines of cocaine. He waited a while and said he didn't feel like he had too much so probably fair enough he drove home. :roll:

Seriously they are the Teflon Hawks. Coaches punching fans, Blokes ramming heads into posts and a bit of unlucky drink driving. They should Knight Sir Hodge for bringing the awareness to the fact you can have a few, feel fine but blow over. I feel like he is my shit brown and piss gold edumacator. Who woulda thunked if you drive pissed you could blow over.

For the record, I have had 3 and been pulled over and I have had 4 and been pulled over and I have always been able to accurately add up the number I have had and always blown under .05

The only time I have had 3 or 4 and can't be sure is when the wife asks and I'm pissed :)
by wristwatcher
Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nathan 'F##king' Bassett. :roll:
by carey
Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442910453.150271.jpg
by RustyCage
Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

All jokes aside

Is there some kind of underlying culture problem within the Crows.

You have the history of Tippettgate and Steven Trigg

The state Guernsey saga

You've got Dangerfield leaving to go home despite the risk he may not end up at his desired destination, this is despite the fact the Crows would appear on field to be in a better position than any of his suitors.

Bernie Vince leaves in surprising circumstances and becomes an all australian two years later

Player/Club Being investigated by integrity unit

Jaench and his indiscretion

Camporeale despite getting good results does not want to be their head coach

Worsfold look set to move to another state (non home state as well) to take up a role with a club who seem in a far worse situation than the Crows)

CEO now under investigation for prior indiscretion, admittedly nothing to do with Adelaide but he does now represent them.

This has all happened within 3 years and in the case of Camporeale, Worsfold, Dangerfield even more surprising in the wake of the Phil Walsh tragedy, in which footy clubs are generally associated with a 'we'll stick together and create something special' attitude rather than people moving in their own direction

Obviously I am very anti crows but does this make any sense or are they a victim of circumstances.
It's odd that two coaches who can do the top job don't want it. I can understand Dangerfield wanting to head home.

From my perspective, the whole club has a culture issue because it's identity is shaped by marketing campaigns and catchy slogans, as opposed to having a defined 'turf' and celebrating it's history and achievements, and most who support and manage the club don't see a problem with that. Whether there's a player culture problem, only the players can answer that.

Mind you, with Mark 'The Godfather' Riccuito now unofficially running the club with an iron fist, and other intellectual luminaries like Nigel Smart floating around West Lakes I'm not sure I can blame Campo and Woosha.
by Magellan
Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GRAND FINAL- WEST COAST V HAWTHORN

When the game was at it hottest Cryil was awesome. I have no issue with Cryil getting the norm smith. He was the difference early.
by carey
Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smart move from Port imo
by JK
Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:Has Port annouced its profit yet ???

Why do tinpot dynasty fans care?

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

MW wrote:Any thoughts on Pods named as Defensive Coach? Hate to say it, but reeks like a case of who is left to fill the role...

Jobs for the boys in full swing again :roll:
by heater31
Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Rules Europe

As in like Port Adelaide trying to tap into the Chinese market type of stupid or the fact that I didn't mention Port in my post type of stupid?

This bit

Could there be a possibility of a European composite side touring the local leagues or even playing against an AFL club?
If the game continues to grow, could there be potential of a European side in a revamped state of origin series?
by Mr Beefy
Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Daisy has a thorough set of parameters for judging a footballer. Unfortunately,none of them make any sense.

Alright Booney and any Geelong fans out there- REB, whos the better player K.Mitchell or Smedts?
Actually scrap that, its not worth the 10 seconds of your life to flip a coin and put it in print

If you feel the need to ask the question, you are clueless. Mitchell is a hack. Smedts has a future.

All Hawthorn supporters are clueless mate. Just another troll lads, nothing to see here, move along.

regards,

REB

No,I think this one stands above the rest. Head and shoulders. :D
by Booney
Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No trolling at all there thanks REB, both players are rubbish, Smedts is a bit more so than Mitchell. Very surprised Smedts got another year.
The original post was Smedts would be a loss, I disagreed along with other Cats fans that see more of Geelong than I do

I think you will find that the responses you will receive will very much depend on how your posts are perceived. If you you really want to discuss with opposition supporters the merits of fringe players that's fine. But "scrap that. Flip a coin" and "the good news keeps coming" when one of our players has gone in for a shoulder reconstruction IS trolling.

If you say such things as no trolling at all or boo hoo I have a different opinion you are basically saying "b-b-b-but the poncho". You love stirring the pot so don't get all butthurt when we call you on it LOL. I used to the same thing and posters couldn't tell if I was taking the piss or not half the time. :)

Now to give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll give you my view on both players. Mitchell is an athletic runner who can find the footy but butchers it terribly. Smedts is a player who I believe has been played out of position in recent times. He is horrible in the back line. He has also been injured a lot. I think the club rates Smedts much higher than many Geelong fans.

I also think you are wrong about him being shown the door at the end of the year. Geelong's list is two short already this year and we still have Bartel, Enright, Lonergan and Mackie on our list as well. I don't think Smedts is a World beater but you would think that at least three of the blokes I named won't be at Geelong next year, maybe all four. So the Smedts injury IS a loss...because we can't get games into him for next year when he won't be one of the youngsters anymore. Imagine how much better Vardy, Menzel and Cowan would be if we could keep them on the park. These guys are still on our list which should give an indication of how patient the club is with players of this age group.

So there might be more reasons than you realise for why people who watch more Geelong than you say Smedts is a loss. If you want to talk about the relative merits of players from other clubs you'll need to put in a better effort than a cheap shot after your club has just won three straight flags.

Regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Essendon 2014

Find it bemusing that his teammates elected him when he berates them week in week out. I guess they had no other option and maybe only he and Baguley put their hand up for it.

Even though he wasn't in the leadership group, thought zaharakis might have been a chance
There is a reason Zaka isn't in the leadership group, has zero leadership skills and is quieter than a church mouse. New recruits like Francis and Parish are more vocal than him on the track. Zaka also isn't a fan of putting his head over the ball.
Goddard was by far the best choice, most players love him. Even though he can seem like a flog at times he is just so passionate and a professional. He is always the last off the track at trainings and if he he plays poorly he is the first to put his hand up and demand an extra training session. He leads the young men at the club well and is a good teacher. People only see a part of him during games, does plenty behind the scenes also
by Jim05
Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Dont feed the trolls Booney. Especially when those trolls are the ones supposed to keep this site from degenerating into rubbish like that
by bennymacca
Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Someone get me some popcorn...

It's great viewing. :lol:

He's got much to be proud of at his clubs, 9 Premierships with Geelong, 12 with North Adelaide. Sure, it isn't as big a number as 36 (and 1), not even combined and not even close, but it's still something to be really proud of.

They've got a well respected supporter group, management that listens to the members, a more inclusive, welcoming group you'll struggle to find. :lol:
by Booney
Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the little guy chipped in with now?
by Booney
Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So back to the issue at hand. How does Turnball get a handle on this right faction?

As it has been said an election is around the corner and hes not making the ground they would have wanted with a leadership change.

Does he need to make ground? Or just not say anything silly?

Shorten is just so goddamn boring, that I feel like Turnbull will win if he just keeps his house in order.

Needs just a little bit more than saying nothing. Just something at the moment because there is so much baggage wiht the libs at the moment.
by stan
Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Some people believe in morals, self control & a bit of respect.
by Spargo
Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Lyon - serious mental health condition.

Wow.

I'm glad I'm not your mate or even played any sport with you Jesus.

There's some things you just don't do, And your best mates ex is certainly high on that list.

lol i totally agree tripper. i didnt bang billys missus nor anyones :) it was gary lyon geeze

Do you offer this site anything?

Do u mean like money? No just love & care LM

Define forum:
a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Does it make u insecure when an opinion in a discussion forum is vastly different to yours?

I predict gary to still host footy show actually
You offer love and care?

Seems odd mate. Maybe just keep adding your opinion and we will all move past this awkward moment [emoji12]
by stan
Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

With Hartlett rumoured to miss, would Port bring in both Toumpas and Young?

I'd rather Chad Cornes play than Toumpas
Toumpas is pretty clean by foot, his disposal efficiency would be very valuable I think - also would be a good opportunity to expose him to a finals like game such as the showdown to see how he manages..

I'd rather Chad Cornes play than Toumpas
by carey
Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Maybe all the other clubs were right not to give Hinkley a gig, looking more and more like it was Walsh and Richardson that were driving the bus.

Thought his presser last night was pathetic, how long have we heard "we know whats wrong"? Still wont crucify his players, they are way too comfortable whether that be because they never get dropped or because they have 15yr contracts i dont know.
My money's on Sam Gray, Toumpas, Neade, Stewart to be dropped, Ahchee, Polec and Mitchell to be the ins, Kenny making the big calls lol

Beat your lot twice last year with no Walsh or Richardson in the box. It's not the plan.

Form and mindset aren't there it's not talent that is missing. Which makes it very difficult to watch.
by Booney
Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Is there a bigger waste of anything than Channel Seven's "Sounds of the game"?
by Magellan
Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What must be most concerning for Porties was the form of Wingard and Gray. Gray is one of the best players in the comp and for two weeks in a row now he's resorted to cheap shots off the ball because he's not getting a kick. Sitting on the bench it looked like he just didn't want to be out there. I can't recall Wingard playing so poorly either. This is good because small forwards kill us every time and he tore us a new one last time we played the power.

Lobbe needs support. Who are the ruck back ups? Howard? He must be brought in to help Lobbe not replace him. In our last match against the Power Lobbe was smashed by Blicavs and Stanley and this time round we had Zac Smith as well. Someone else who needs support is Dixon. He's copped a lot of shit but if you are going to have Butcher on your list surely it's time to play the guy. Yeah he can't kick straight but he takes a mark and for a big man he puts good pressure on. At least that is what I have seen going on the (admittedly) few times I've seen him.

The Power appear to have forgetten thier roots. After the Magpies put in a shit one you didn't hear the president or the coach hanging the players out to dry. Magpies knew the game plan and when it was time to play "the Port way" it usually meant hard, direct football. When it came for time to go the biff or fly the flag they backed it up with their football. All the melee and Trengove's retaliatory strike did was fire up the Cats.

I think the key here for Port is to say very little this week. They should close ranks and provide support for the Talls. They should make a "statement" selection like dropping Hartlett who is the least impressive Port leader I can recall and get rid of Toumpas who is diabolical.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That budget was so uninspiring that I'll be voting labor for only the second time in my life.
Well the country is pretty damn broke. I couldn't see how this budget would be inspiring.
It's spending more money whilst cutting services and slowing the economy and keeping it in deficit. And that's despite getting a heap of revenue from smokers, etc. It's awful (unless you're in the top 1% of earners).
Except for getting rid of some of the bracket creep I just don't see how anyone could find it positive.
Their plan for the unemployed is just what was tried and failed 25 years ago.
There's already unprecedented terrible service in the public service, unprecedented industrial action, no agreements being reached for over 2 years and the budget will make this worse.
I've always voted for the Libs because of their economic policies but this one is awful, incompetent, clueless and aimless.
It'd be completely irresponsible and ignorant to vote them in on this. Don't even get me started on their social policies which are worse than their economic policies.
You'd be a fool to fall for the spin when the facts are so obvious.
by Wedgie
Wed May 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*Bump*
Stephen Rowe re-confirming he is an A grade flog with his incessant carry on re umpire 28 cheating the crows. It really is embarrassing.
I liken him to the pied piper & all the window licking callers ringing up to whinge are his clueless followers.
by Spargo
Tue May 10, 2016 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2016

Who gives a shit what Port get to a game ffs people.
by MW
Sun May 15, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |