Search found 58 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Ken KG Cunningham, blokes a genuine i i i idiot!
by norwood8
Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Recruit Triple Magarey Medalist James Allan

Mark Ross has the runs on the board, so I'm more than happy with this decision :D.
by norwood8
Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Obesity becoming a disability. The number of obese people riding scooters and getting disabled parking permits is a disgrace.
by norwood8
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Gets me through the alcohol free days!
by norwood8
Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v Two Heads

212, game on!! What an innings by big Shrek at the end. Still plenty left in this pitch, c'mon boys lets roll them cheaply.
by norwood8
Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Children's books...
by norwood8
Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People that think weight lifting is a real sport :lol: :lol: :twisted:
by norwood8
Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Yeah Id hate to deal with the nitpickers, as I said I normally couldn't give a stuff its 20g over but when they pile on almost 100g more it just shows they either don't listen or they don't give a shite.

My money is on not giving a sh1t :lol:.
by norwood8
Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 16

JK wrote:Think Douglas returns for the Crows so Griggy might be lining up against us too

A sickening thought to be honest.
by norwood8
Tue May 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good ol USA .
by norwood8
Tue May 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching Gary Ablett, he's a freak.
by norwood8
Sun May 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't smoke crack...
by norwood8
Tue May 20, 2014 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Not that I'm around the club on seniors nights much anymore, but I would guess there might be the biggest turnout on the track for years down at Lonny tonight. This is surely a positive and hopefully we can retain a couple of those who come out the woodwork tonight. Even if we can keep some of these players for the rest of the season, we would then be in a better situation than before 'Crawford' came to town.
by norwood8
Thu May 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well played North supporters

Just heard on Triple M that the Crows were abused and made to feel not welcome at the club, during and after the game on the weekend. Taylor Walker having sook and saying it's happened throughout the season as well. Maybe some of the message is still getting across.

So hats off to the North supporters who achieved this great feat. =D> =D>
by norwood8
Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live scores

End of the ressies Legs 118 North 60.
by norwood8
Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Screaming Jets are going to playing at the SANFL GF. Much better than the rubbish of the last few years.
by norwood8
Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Quite possibly my greatest late night eBay purchase.
by norwood8
Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Nov 16-19

100 up for Ludeman.
by norwood8
Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you tried................?

This thread is brilliant!

We may support different teams, but together we can solve the important questions.
by norwood8
Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

afc9798 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Sam Smith returns home

Good get for Flaggies. Makes for a pretty potent forward line and I'm sure there would have been a few clubs trying to tempt him away.

Sam "the package" Smith.
by norwood8
Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's a pyramid, ponzi, whatever you want to call it that will crumble as quickly as it was built.

They call themselves "Multi-Level Marketing" these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuVh36vQkSI

"Let me assure you that this is not one of those shady pyramid schemes you've been hearing about. No sir. Our model is the trapezoid!".

Good old Simpsons
by norwood8
Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

Big Phil wrote:Expect the Dogs to announce another signing soon - another player fresh off an AFL list...

Who? Sick of this knowing but not saying rubbish..
by norwood8
Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Christmas Carols, can't stand any of them. Hats off to anyone who works in retail and has to listen to that rubbish every day.
by norwood8
Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The atmosphere at the 36ers game tonight, place was rocking. Just like the old days, sold out and quality entertainment.
by norwood8
Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tomorrow contains sport, sport and more sport. The TV and bbq are going to get a solid workout, bring it on.
by norwood8
Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Player Movements - 2015 / 2016

VALE PARK wrote:Port Adelaide could be looking for 2 top ups,
they would be easy to find in the SANFL.
Let us see what happens.

They (and the other clubs who recruited ex-Essendon players) can get stuffed, they all knew these players had baggage and they took the gamble.
by norwood8
Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Watching Djokovic versus Federer tonight, these guys are freaks. It simply is sport at it's very best.
by norwood8
Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aust tour squad v NZ announced - Sayers in.

Must admit I'm thoroughly enjoying the NZ commentary, a nice change from the ch9 team.
by norwood8
Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

JK wrote:Don't reckon that's right Stan, Joe was vehemently against it, but someone got to him. As to who, well, there's plenty of theories, but none of them make it right.

That's how low the Crows are and what they were prepared to do to get in. Threatening Joe was a gutless act by a gutless organisation.
by norwood8
Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

Id noticed why someone mentioned your reading difficulties . . I've said numerous times the current setup makes perfect sense for the AFL clubs so perfectly understandable from their perspective. WHUFC post spelled it all out, sure one can haggle over figures but it gets the point across regardless. As to who's to blame, 6 club directors are right up there and no one here has denied it. But the commission taking the soft option and the Crows selling a furphy are almost impossible to argue with adwell I would have thought.
Nah man I can read good.
by norwood8
Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 36ers 2016/17

It's official the 'main man' Jerome Randle is coming back for the 2016/17 season, get excited Sixers fans.

He has signed a one year contract, with the club expected to announce details tomorrow.
by norwood8
Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield Season 2015/2016

All out 230

Pathetic
by norwood8
Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The international women's day promotional stuff EVERYWHERE at work/on social media. Definitely went overboard with ramming it down everyones throat.
Triple J only had female presenters & female artists/bands all day.
I didn't mind it, having said that I'm married with two daughters, a female dog, female fish, bird...

So you come on here to get a word in? :lol:
by norwood8
Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cornes complaint

The whole Cornes clan have never liked us, nor have we liked them. Our supporters gave him some good stick and he couldn't handle it, end of story.

Bloody sooks and their political correctness are just making this issue bigger than it is.
by norwood8
Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2015/2016

Optus can't even provide Australian's with decent phone coverage, you can just imagine what a debacle their Fetch coverage will be.

You can't blame Foxtel for losing the rights, it was Optus and their ridiculous blind bid. Such a shame because Foxtel's coverage has been exceptional over the years. I'll be streaming these games or using an overseas league pass through a VPN.

I really hope this comes back to bite those pr1cks from Optus in the ass.
by norwood8
Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Just heard Lonsdale have voted 40-5 in favour of leaving the SFL ,can someone from within confirm

I'm not involved anymore, but can confirm the outcome is correct.

Exciting times ahead for the club, a great chance to build up and find a more comfortable home with the opportunity of constant competitive football.

OSB/Lonsdale is a great family club that may not have the resources to match it with the big boys but will now hopefully create itself a positive identity amongst the wider football community.

Well done to all involved.
by norwood8
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

Maybe a few of these clubs need to recruit a little wiser or put there efforts into developing their juniors for the future instead of looking for the quick fix.
You make your bed you lie in it!

Couldn't agree more!!!

But as an entire league, we are falling a fair way behind other leagues like Hills, Southern & RMFL. Interleague/State Champ representation is sliding drastically & with the regions current financial situation plus the travel side of things...... Making it hard for all RFL clubs to stay as a top end SA Country League.

Or am I pretty far off here?

Although I only catch a couple of games a year when I'm up visiting friends in the Riverland, I've noticed a gradual decline in the standard of the RFL in the last five years. A huge part of this has to be economically related. The high percentage of young males moving to the city and showing little or no desire to return is a concern. I seriously can't comprehend how your independents stay afloat, would be a tough job getting a team together with the small population pool.

Hats off to any country club who can get their juniors back from the city (even if it's just for the game on a Saturday).
by norwood8
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia Domestic Season 2017/18

Redbacks win!!

What a performance from Weatherald, pure class.
by norwood8
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Ashes 2017/2018

Hopefully great reward for Chadd in Adelaide.
by norwood8
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

OSB/Lonsdale have Dan Loveridge and Adam Rigney coming back to the club, massive ins.
by norwood8
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Broadcast Coverage

Only diehard fans will show the initiative to buy a digital pass, this definitely doesn't help grow the league beyond the current boundaries of support/interest.

Personally I will rarely sit down to watch a match not involving my team, but I will listen to any match on the radio as I drive around.

Fingers crossed for some future radio coverage. Even the NPL (top level of soccer in the state) has radio coverage.
by norwood8
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

FINALLY real footy is back.
by norwood8
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RIP to former OSB/Lonsdale player and coach Shannon Dunk. A real good guy, taken far too young.

Condolences to his young family.
by norwood8
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West vs Norwood 9/6

For Jason Porplyzia to keep coming back at this level shows he must be a true club man, the amount of injuries this guy has been through is ridiculous, much like Phillips for us. You've gotta love people who put their body on the line for your club when their body consistently says no.
by norwood8
Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West vs Norwood 9/6

Hats off to Westies, great effort shown all day, just let down by some costly ill-discipline late in the game.

Norwood really missed Baulderstones dominance around the ground. Quietest game I’ve seen Grigg have in years. Very happy to have Josh Glenn in the side, really kept us in it early and could easily still play AFL.

Panos was BOG by a mile.
by norwood8
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hard as nails, 40+ years old (correct me if im wrong) and still playing good footy. Top bloke as well, very humble and always up for a chat. hopefully he gets another chance at some silverwear before he hangs up the boots for good.

Weeties is a top bloke and as hard at the footy as anyone running around. Speaking to him after the game he said "still got 10 plus years left" :lol: :lol:
by norwood8
Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Norwood Mon 1410

South Adelaide should've buried us in the last quarter as it was clear we ran out of legs with no bench. As others have said the lack of a recognised ruckman really hurt South, Baulderstone absolutely dominated.

Geez Cross is a star, he's a treat to watch at his best.

Brad McKenzie was best for us and is playing some seriously good footy atm. Norwood really need to start getting some players back from injury and also keep the ones we have available on the park. The juniors that keep coming up are looking the goods at league level, this is a great sign.

Very solid crowd at Noarlunga with the peanuts on the gate only having one ticket seller working, therefore taking quite a while to get people in. All car parking was full and they also ran out of a lot food and beverages, so hopefully the club made some good coin.

Really do love watching the footy from the hill at Noarlunga.
by norwood8
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port V Norwood

No eftpos for entrance payment, followed by a rude ogre abusing everyone expecting to pay by card. Only one ATM working in the entire place.

A large number of supporters from both sides going to miss some footy due to dinosaur age setup.

Would be the same at most suburban grounds tbh

Prospect doesn’t have an ATM. You get Cash out at the bar.

I remember Prospect the other year was a pain in the ass, costs you to get it out and the club has to have bulk cash on hand too.. In this day and age to not have eftpos facilities available is not good enough. It’s not like the technology is heavy and unmovable. You can into local NPL soccer with eftpos and they get tiny crowds compared to the SANFL.
by norwood8
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Roy Laird’s last season coaching

Well done to Roy Laird on an unbelievable run, the SANFL will be much poorer without him.

Would love to see him employed by the SANFL in some aspect, he would sort out those that are a cancer to the league in no time.
by norwood8
Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |