Return

Re: Things that make you laugh

a signature for a HJ ... fair swap
by dedja
Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People that crap on about "Do NOT EAT" processed foods, eat processed powders instead :roll:
by Squids
Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Only reason she has her own show is because he is a rug muncher, has no actual talent.
by Squids
Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vevOWUe_x7Y

you need to be signed into google to view this video :D

worth the watch!! I promise you that this is the best video on youtube at the moment !!! I wont post like the normal with a youtube video as don't know if its appropriate for this site. Its not nude no, but just view it!
by Bully
Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

thought this was hilarious....

by woodublieve12
Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

JK wrote:
SpionKopster wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
SDK wrote:All 3 will be there.

Dawe won't be

Discuss.

Must be training with us for fun

No mate, he is training with us so he can get fit to do a runner. :roll:
by Baldy
Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

bays09 wrote:Has anyone managed to get the stream on their iPhone ? Would love to watch it on the train ride home

I downloaded an app on my ipad called puffin browser (or similar) which allows flash. And then went to the live stream through the redbacks page.

That worked for me yesterday.
by Ron Burgundy
Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

His career average blows out because of his first tour before he learnt how to reverse a ball

From 2009...
Against Australia he has 63 wkts @ 32.73. Which isn't bad, but not amazing.
Career average in Australia is 29.96 which is ok.

But...If you want to pick and choose games to leave in or out, if we take his only 10fa out of the stats (1st test in Eng a few months ago) he averages 40 against Australia.

Doesn't take away from the fact that he is a fierce pole smoker.
by Ron Burgundy
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Been meaning to post this since Sunday:

I was walking towards the train after the cricket Sunday when this short, boofheaded chick comes up to me and my mate and asks, "how'd the cricket go today? Ho'd it go?". I looked and started to say, "It went really well..." Then I realised who it was. "Cavey! How are ya!". Whoops...."Get f*c*ed, you c**t. Get f*c*ed, think you're fu*ke* funny!".

Folks, just to let you know, Pram Lady is still alive and kicking. She had a pram, too.

[quote="Brucetiki"] http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2503/pramladyuu3.jpg
by Dogwatcher
Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

Personally would prefer both AFL reserves teams to sit bottom 2 on the SANFL ladder. This is nothing against either club or their supporters but the day either AFL Reserves team wins the SANFL will truly be the end of the SANFL.
Personally would prefer that both AFL entities piss right off and the SANFL resumes its course as a competition comprising eight dinkum clubs. AFL garbage does not belong in Our League.
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wycbloods wrote:
Thiele wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Apparently West Adelaide members have recieved an email advising that Justin Hardy is officially signed...

not me

Mine has got lost some How to

Mine too.

Maybe they keep them in the safe?
by JK
Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

dedja wrote:Richard Hadlee for calling for sanctions against Binga for trying to kill Piers Morgan.

Surely you jest Sir Richard?

by Pseudo
Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A few years ago now I was advocating doubling the salary cap in the SANFL. But there's no way you could think of that these days with the finances of the SANFL looking very unhealthy. Abolishing it completely will lead to clubs going bust or being uncompetitive.

However, we need something. If there is no clear jump in standard from SANFL to the lower levels then the SANFL will fold pretty quickly. Without trivialising the problems regarding players drifting away from SANFL (or never arriving at SANFL) for easy money with less commitment in the country, it does need to be kept in some kind of perspective. Players have always done it; and whether the rate of it is increasing, is more of an impressionistic thing than something easily quantified. (You can count the ex-SANFL players on official 'out' sheets who've gone to country clubs, but you'll never count players from the country who may have been approached by a SANFL club but decided not to come.) I don't think anyone would doubt the result if the best country club in the state played the wooden spoon SANFL club. The substantially higher standard of the SANFL league comp isn't only achieved by taking the same standard of players and flogging them for 5 days/nights a week instead of 1 or 2 nights in the country. You're also starting from a base of more talented players, most of whom (i.e. the 7th-to-21st best players in a club, not the stars) are attracted by the higher standard (and the carrot of AFL interest if they're good enough) rather than principally by $ signs.

One thing that is a truly terrible idea, is abolishing the SANFL reserves. Having U/18s that flow through reserves ultimately to league, in the same club wearing the same jumper, is the lifeblood of the competition. Talented U/18s, slim to no chance of getting drafted, and not yet a realistic chance of getting picked in the league squad, would be lost to the system and a fair proportion would never come back without reserves. In the middle of the year, it's a real feather in the cap of U/18s who are performing well for them to be called up to reserves; motivating them to come back and train in the summertime once they're 19 or so.

This is a point that has been overlooked in the whole AFL reserves debate. The real death of the Port Adelaide Magpies as a SANFL club, is not about 15 or so SANFL league-standard (or fringe) players who played for them in 2013 who won't be there in 2014; nor is it about where 10 or so AFL-listed players will be playing their SANFL. It's that from 2015, the tap for future talent flowing through to the Magpies reserves and ultimately league, has been turned off. And the pipes will be dug up and carted away.
by SimonH
Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours of Player Movement Discussions for 2014

I could care very little who plays for the Crows in their reserves side but the poorer the players who play there the happier I will be. It will show how stupid Brenton Sanderson was/is for leading the charge to change an ADVANTAGE the Crows had into an absolute joke where their fringe players are playing along side shit players and are learning NOTHING from the players around them.
Ask Mitch Grigg and Nathan Brown how much they learned and improved at Norwood with quality players around them and assisting them. Ditto similar players at all other SANFL clubs.
Example : Taylor Walker coming back from injury makes position and leads as his poorly skilled team mate kicks it over his head or into the grandstand
by SDK
Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wristwatcher wrote:Dentists

$302 for one hour this morning and a $3,000 dental plan for 2014 to ensure I'm saving for **** all this year.

by Footy Chick
Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Only way to get good umpires is if the people complaining about how bad the umpires are, take up umpiring themselves. Especially the loud w@kers on the sidelines, they usually are the best coz they know everything. Unfortunately those people never take up umpiring coz they are too gutless.
by cracka
Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ravers and the Benny Hill theme...

by Magpiespower
Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Test Squad for South African Tour - predictions & discus

Not Ricky Ponting either he was 25 and a half as well when he brought up his 4th ton

this is wrong, unless i am using the cricinfo stats guru wrongly
hundreds.png

edited so you could see the list easier

Thats a pretty good club there benny

If Smith is half as good as them we have a beauty on our hands.

for sure.

cricinfo stats guru is awesome. quite complicated to use, but you can get just about any stat you want out of it if you try hard enough
by bennymacca
Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SS SA v NSW 3-6 March

McDonald bowling before Richardson, why?
by helicopterking
Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cossies back!

Amazing to think its only taken 12 hours for everyone on here to really only talk about his weight, KFC, Hungry Jacks etc. The bloke is a quality cricketer (and bloke for that matter), these types of comments are ridiculous and are unrequired. Lets just let him score his runs and not snipe him when he isnt scoring runs because apparently he is overweight. Thrived down in Tasmania and at Glamorgan and at club level when the coaches told him runs are what you get picked on. He is no hack recruit like some of SACA's in the past, lets embrace him back in SA cricket and get around a home grown product in the SACA sides.
by the star
Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

For his birthday, little Johnny asked for a 10 speed bicycle.

His father said, 'Son, we'd give you one, but the mortgage on this house is $280,000 and your mother

just lost her job. There's no way we can afford it.'

The next day the father saw little Johnny heading out the front door with a suitcase. So he asked,

'Son, where are you going?'

Little Johnny told him, 'I was walking past your room last night and heard you telling mom

you were pulling out. Then I heard her tell you to wait because she was coming too. And I'll be

damned if I'm staying here by myself with a $280,000 mortgage and no f cking bike.
by locky801
Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Norwood v Adelaide @ Coopers Stadium (Fri N 16

That. Was. Fun!!
I don't think Mr Trigg likes me, but most of the Western Stand gave me a standing ovation!!

Forever in the history books as first SANFL team to beat the two AFL sides!!
by fester69
Fri May 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

When someone is destroying themself in front of you and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it happening. And you cop it if you try. I've had issues with drinking and depression and all sorts of s*** but I don't know how to deal with someone who's an alcoholic.

Been trying to get brother-in-law to rehab for years. It's difficult when they just don't want to.

Been dealing with a work colleague/mate in recent months who lost his marriage through his alcohol abuse. Family interstate have proven to be no chop and I'm the only one who cares enough to help. Any mates he had here have deserted him long ago.

Had another rough weekend while trying to help him move his stuff out of his house to hand the keys over to his ex.....got there yesterday to someone not capable of standing and talking let alone palletizing belongings for interstate transport.

Easier to give up on him, but that's what he want's....so I wont. Bloody tough though.
by Booney
Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norwood8 wrote:Watching Gary Ablett, he's a freak.

I'd say he's the best player of the last 25 years, hands down.
by Failed Creation
Sun May 18, 2014 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA Wins U16s National Championships

U18 Champions two in a row now U16 Champs in the same year.
Perhaps SA are doing something right ?
Perhaps the SANFL Clubs development programs are working and VERY successful ?
Perhaps the AFL's lack of direction in developing junior football is being exposed and taught a lesson by a state that is committed to improving football at GRASS ROOTS level and more concerned about the development of the game rather than $$$$$$$$ ?
xxxx the Crows and Power's selfish disregard for football at any other level because you xxxts have NOTHING to do with this success and in fact HINDER it !

I am sure that every man woman and child that is on this forum is very proud of our League and our clubs contribution to football.
by SDK
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Round 18 LIVE Scores & Ladder Updates

the joker wrote:How bad does Norwood oval look.

Even worse with a murder of Crows gracing it
by Jim05
Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Roger Federer ... there's still life in the old dog yet.

2 sets to love down, 2 match points for Monfries ... No probs, Rog just cranks up another gear.
by dedja
Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The f**king **** at work that consistently leaves burnt cheese/bread on the toasted sandwich press and doesn't clean it off. I use the sandwich press in my lunchroom quite a bit, at least twice a week and I always find burnt bread on it and this is the final straw. I put up an abusive note so I hope the culprit takes note. I'm always kinda late into the lunchroom and I'm pretty certain I know who the culprit is as they seem to get into the lunchroom a little earlier than everyone else, but I can't prove it's them yet. I and others always clean it with a wet paper towel after use and it does the job but d!ckhead who has no respect for his fellow workers decides he doesn't have to clean up his mess. In my note I wrote your mum/missus isn't here to clean up your mess so do it yourself, so I hope they take note.
by The Dark Knight
Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations Norwood

Congratulations Norwood: the best performed sovereign team in a compromised competition. What a shame that it will be forced to play a scratch match next week for the sake of getting game time into another league's reserve players, rather than earning its title in a Grand Final against another properly-matched sovereign team.

Congratulations South Adelaide: pure minor premiers, and thus the best performed team by the only possible measure between properly-matched sovereign teams. What a shame - and indeed farce - that the Panthers were forced to battle from fourth position on the compromised ladder.

I might have gone to next week's game as a matter of support for the league, had it been between two proper opponents. As it is, the season is now over. Thus ends the first year under occupation from that bastard eastern league. I look forward to when the interlopers leave - for whatever reason - and Our League is restored.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw this on Facebook. :lol:

2.PNG
by HH3
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Was hoping for 4k at Eliz. Dogs supporters have dropped off in droves over the last few years. Night games failed after the initial novelty wore off - not sure what else they can do as facilities as good as anywhere else if not the best. Winning 10 on the trot might do it but even then I wonder if the credibility of the comp has been dealt a mortal blow in its ability to attract the casual/fringe supporter.
Looks like the turnout at Elizabeth the second highest for the round, but I can only wonder how much less it would have been had it we not been playing Norwood. Norwood fans ( particularly after the result) in good voice yesterday - more needed across the league IMO.

Good weather, footy starved supporters and still only a little more than 10k for a complete round. Yikes.

That NA v AFC figure is about 2K, or 48% lower than the corresponding R1 clash last year. Yes, the Crows were on TV later in the day, but still...

Sans novelty factor.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Southern Football League

Sometimes the $ wins out over loyalty and we hear about these, but plenty of times loyalty wins out over $ and we rarely hear about these.

Club loyalty/mateship/community does still exist over the $
by Dutchy
Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

/VbmbMSrsZVQ

SYMPTOMS
You have Man Flu if you are a man and have one or more of the following symptoms:
– a sore throat… kinda tickley… not too severe… an increase in soreness is most likely tonsillitis or cancer
– feeling slightly warmer than usual, this still persists after one layer of clothing has been removed
– a snuffly/runny nose or semi-blocked nose (approximately 75%-80% blockage factor)
– a cough… ANY kind of cough
– your general sunny disposition is covered over by grey clouds
– you lie in bed and think of better days
– aloe vera tissues feel rough and sandpaper like
– you lose all motivation to cover your mouth when cough or sneezing

TREATMENT
Man Flu is difficult to treat, peoples’ recovery rates differ based on several factors the best thing to do is:
– do not down play the severity of this illness, turning a blind eye will only lead to further complications i.e. more whinging
– attend to every need of the sick one
– acknowledge that it is the end of the world e.g. ‘you’re probably not gonna make it’, ‘you will most likely die’, ‘i’d much rather have cancer’
– the man knows best as to what is going to help him get better, whether it be a twin pole, cold beverages, watching TV all day or going to the gym… man ALWAYS knows best!…
– sometimes it may get worse before getting better, this is normal, especially if the man tries ‘different’ methods to get better, BUT it is all part of the road to recovery
– take time off work

PREVENTION
– Prophylactic sick days are recommended… Taking 1 day off work when you have minor symptoms will mean not having to take off weeks like our female counterparts…
– Regular intake of vitamin C and echinacia
– Plenty of rest
– Do not believe what women have to say about Man Flu… it is real!…
by woodublieve12
Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood FC statement

To start with i do not condone racist comments.

However i can sense the frustration by a lot of Norwood and all SANFL footy supporters at the overuse of PAFC runners they have quite a history of this.

There are other ways of getting the message across e mail your presidents or phone them and lodge complaints.

I always thought the role of a runner was to deliver a message and GET OFF TH GROUND .

I assume the runner was Eugene Warrior from what i have read he has been spending an extraordinary time on the ground at most of the games coaching these poor headless players that cannot make decisions.

This has been happening for most of this year.

I know that the the Sturt president lodged a complaint with the SANFL and this spineless mob just gave the PAFC a warning.

Against my better judgement and refusal to attend AFL RESERVES games i was convinced to attend the Centrals v Power Reserves at Elizabeth the same tactic was used by the PAFC ie Eugene being the 19th man on the field of play.

I would say that in the last quarter at Elizabeth he spent at least 20 minutes on the ground coaching.

He was booed and jeered by quite a number angry supporters he was voted BOG on the day for his fantastic effort of on field coaching good job you won the game. ( PS and no racist comments were heard against Eugene )

Personally i was disappointed and irate that i e mailed Kris Grant of my concerns of the blatant cheating by a 50 million dollar AFL club very pathetic by the PAFC to win at all costs also mentioned the possibility of violence at SANFL games Kris contacted the SANFL and also forwarded my email to them.

Obviously no action has been taken what a gutless and spineless organisation we have now one that panders to the AFL.

To tell you the truth i have not followed it up with Kris.

So once again.

NO AFL IN THE SANFL.
by Apachebulldog
Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australia v Windies - Test series

Pakis have earned the right to challenge us here I reckon or South Africa are always good cricket contests. Even the Lankans have a level of consistency that make it a decent contest.
The Saffers are pissed at us as we never go there for over the new year.

They certainly want a Boxing Day test against us.
Not sure why it should necessarily be such an issue, if it was only once every few years. Believe their holiday period is more December into Christmas, rather than our Christmas into January, so we could appease them and still have our summer of cricket. How good would it be being on holidays, fishing for the day, coming in and watching the cricket with a few beers.
It's a case of 70,000 people at the MCG v 10000 in Johannesburg.......you do the math ;)
by heater31
Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stoned Service

Psyber wrote:This thread intrigues me because I've never been anywhere where the serving staff at the counter have appeared to be affected by drugs or alcohol...

Your butler would go in to the shops for you hey?
by Lightning McQueen
Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People with baby on board signs/stickers.
by Wedgie
Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Spargo wrote:I refuse the read anymore of Psyber's posts as I'm now waiting for his movie to come out.

by Lightning McQueen
Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Folks crying poverty while running freshly inked sleeves. Prioritise you muppets.
by MatteeG
Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.seenox.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Funny-Unfortunate-Names-26.jpg

http://a1.files.blazepress.com/image/upload/c_fit,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,q_80,w_620/MTI4OTk0MDE4NTg2NTM2NTc5.jpg

http://images.rcp.realclearpolitics.com/263114_5_.jpg

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-09/22/15/enhanced/webdr05/enhanced-buzz-4120-1411412492-21.jpg

http://img.opposingviews.com/sites/default/files/styles/adaptive/public/gallery/13/02/slides/JackGoff.jpg?itok=lvl8-Mm0

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/332593/slide_332593_3305848_free.jpg

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-04/enhanced/webdr06/28/6/enhanced-480-1398679393-15.jpg

http://r.fod4.com/http://a.fod4.com/images/user_photos/1199805/unfortunate_names_06_original.jpg

http://www.newsiosity.com/sites/default/files/styles/flexslider_image/public/HarryBaals_0.jpg?itok=V1ivzjEu

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/funny-sports-names-1.jpg

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/thumbs/picture/2165492/83683014.jpg

http://yabaleftonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/unfortunate-names-4.jpg
by Failed Creation
Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 NBL Season

Great news for Randle, no structural damage just bruising and swelling.
by Brodlach
Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The greyhound adoption day at Angle Park today. Went down with the missus and kids and came home with an addition to the family.
by Grenville
Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where to for Glenelg

From all the reserves teams blaming going on in here I take it Glenelg were in making profits year after year before 2014?
Thats not the point, the point is the reserves teams have contributed to clubs going downhill and also contributed to the people who could help turn things around no longer being there.
For eg. I was a part of the Roosters Against Merger group in the 90s, in the early 2000s I organised the Rooster Rally which a lot of people credit helping turn the fortunes of the club around, I've also been a runner up for Volunteer of the Year award, went interstate twice following North, have been a part of the Presidents group twice, I created and ran the clubs official website for years and created a club unofficial site/forum as well as safooty which has helped build/keep interest in the club/comp and used to be a volunteer SANFL acreddited photographer, etc etc.
Thanks to the reserves debacle I wouldn't lift a finger to help North if something happened these days, I struggle to get motivated to travel 5 mins to see them play and I helped organise my daughter a gig as a trainer/physio at South. I only go to games to catch up with mates. I'm sure Glenelg and other clubs have many people like me.

Please don't interpret my post as blowing my own trumpet as I did it all out of love and passion of which I have none now which is a big point of what the point is.
by Wedgie
Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Why single ply toilet paper is a thing?

You don't save anymore paper because you use three times the amount. Whether they are environmental hippies or tight-asses, they are achieving nothing but annoyance.

Is there a worse feeling than busting into a cubicle and looking left/right, post initial despatch, to see something resembling a pack of Tally-Ho's fixed to the wall?
by Booney
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Having the family take me out for a birthday tea and I end up paying.
WTF.
by Computer Crashed
Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Must be the day for it.

Recent phone conversation between me and another person in this office. I preface this by saying that I"m the first aid officer for our area.

*Phone rings*

Me: Hi, this is Lisa

Person: Hi Lisa, do you know if we have any ice packs in the first aid kit

Me: No we don't

Person: Why not?

Me: If we kept them in the first aid kit, they'd melt.

Person: Where will I find them then?

Me: Try the freezer in the kitchen

Person: How will i know what it looks like? Will it have first aid written on it?

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
by Footy Chick
Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |