Search found 383 matches

Return

Re: Aldinga Sharks Forum

Just cleared Josh Scharenberg from Balaklava to Aldinga. Top bloke and player when work isn't keeping him off the park. Needs regular football to find his best touch.
by OnSong
Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Or it may have a spell now

that was its worst run this prep and its had 12 races

Give Coome a **** spell.
by OnSong
Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:who's put the gun to your head?

The moral gods, born and bred in SA, I fully support my state through the bad times as well as the good time!

Lack of plural noted. Very clever.
by OnSong
Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Ace of Spades wrote:Bit of an Ins and Outs list would be interesting this time of year, "Coughonsong" :D

IN: high-riding shorts, orange, tiger and leopard print.

Out: crocs, cargo pants, turquoise.
by OnSong
Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

Rising Power wrote:Port add Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes and Sidney Masters to the SANFL contract list. Three spots left.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... gpies-list

Both country lads. Good luck boys.
by OnSong
Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

NZ has a 6900m event that includes 35 jumps. It crosses through the middle of the circuit, does two/three laps of the track, at one point it looks like they're just following along a river bank for 1-2k's!

Love a night on the lash and getting to have a punt at York or Vaal. Nothing better than finding a rogue ticket for a place getter at Vaal!

Did so one night after a session at the cas and found I'd gone 2 wins 18 places on something that ran second and paid $12.40 the place! :lol:
Classic pi$$ed punting. Love that track where it looks like the race is over and there's another half of the straight. I've thrown tickets away watching that, only for the race to keep running. Haha
by OnSong
Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What clubs look like having young lads playing in the A grade this season? U21s!
Always interested to see who plays there next gen.
I know two wells will have:
D.wise
B.Daly (best on in last years B grade gf, had a big pre season)
J.Pellizzari might see him self in the mix fresh out of colts.
And couple of colts showing they might be able to have a go - Samuel Harding, Jamie humphreys, Noah Barnett, David hogan.

Pies have a few in the mix:
J. Good
J. Watson
A. Clothier
J. Dunstan
J. Kenny
Stuey Roberts

+ jake birchmore as he is u21
Been around for a few years now. Too easy to forget he's only a kid still
by OnSong
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:someone just had $4k on Nicarossa, I think Gadj has unloaded

That was me. ;)
by OnSong
Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FISHING

RustyCage wrote:Worlds worst fisherman. Anywhere I am, the fish aren't!

Try a body of water.
by OnSong
Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:Ben Slattery is the next hayden walker of this league, calling it now. Minus the white line fever.

Hayden Walker without white line fever is not Hayden Walker. :lol:
by OnSong
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:See D Feeley in the Mallala side for saturday

More comebacks than John Farnham
by OnSong
Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty hounds wrote:
Snags wrote:Two wells outs
K Leighton 4-6 weeks
D Wise 4-6 weeks
E Fetherstonhaugh 3-4 weeks

Leighton and Fethers are big outs. Not sure about the middle name tho

Why would his middle name be relevant?
by OnSong
Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.

The fact that Steve Bawden is the Umpires coach/coordinator is disturbing in itself. It was disappointing to see him umpiring in such a big match on Saturday while BJ was allocated the senior colts and reserves. IMHO BJ is the best umpire in the league so why on earth isn't he umpiring A grade every week? Bawden is a control freak that makes every game that he is involved in about himself - he over-rides decisions of his fellow umpires and quite simply appears to have a poor understanding of the basic role of the umpire in a game of footy. Every footy lover I know would prefer him to miss a few rather than over-officiate and dominate the match like he seems determined to do every time he's in charge.
Colin Rundle surely!
by OnSong
Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Three red cards shown on Saturday in a match umpired by the Umpire's Coach/Co-ordinator, Steve Bawden, who introduced the red/yellow card system.
If that's his interpretation on what warrants a red card, then he's going to have to maintain it across his whole umpiring group and throughout the season.
It will be interesting to see whether these reports are thrown out (I think a red card is automatic suspension, not sure), considering they were made by the central umpires.
He let's no one of that goose he's a pin up boy
Yeah, you already said that about an hour ago.
by OnSong
Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dunno what happened there. It seemed to lose ground/stop racing early on and Gatt had to pull the whip to get it going. Didn't have a turn of foot - 59kgs, softer ground, who knows?!?!

still picks up a cheque to help pay the bills

I thought it looked the winner just approaching the home turn

5th one off the fence, sitting perfectly before Gatt needing the whip to wake him up
Shit happens sometimes. Still shows ability which is good from two runs. Promising
by OnSong
Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did I hear correctly that two wells didn't hand out best players Saturday night?

That is correct. When you win by 298pts there is gonna be plenty who played well. So they got all the awards and what they are worth and put a bar tab on for all the senior netball and senior footballers.
Great idea Hamleys merchants from last year wouldn't have accept if they were still around

3 rounds in and there is a great feel at the roosters. 2 successful weekends on the field and on the Saturday night :lol:
Couldn't sleep mate?
by OnSong
Fri May 01, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:Two Wells supporters are up and about after a gripping win against Hamley a fortnight ago and a historic win over a depleted United outfit on Saturday. Good to see.

Good win over Virginia first up too. Can only beat who you play I guess.
by OnSong
Mon May 04, 2015 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

United 195pts
Two Wells 68pts
Virginia 12pts

Hearing a BIG whisper from the north that Balak have sacked another coach!!!!
We haven't sacked any A grade coaches in the past five years I've been here and haven't sacked one this year.

It's just what I've head... So he will be in the box next Saturday??
Wasn't the coach last year sacked, Then Justin took the reins??
No, he won't be in the box next Saturday but he wasn't sacked. He is enduring severe depression, which he wants to resolve and has resigned.
The coach last year also resigned, under a different circumstance. But no one has been sacked.
by OnSong
Fri May 08, 2015 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No, he won't be in the box next Saturday but he wasn't sacked. He is enduring severe depression , which he wants to resolve and has resigned.
The coach last year also resigned, under a different circumstance. But no one has been sacked.
Not a great outcome balak sort ya shit out the league can't afford issues like this on top of the form
of the reigning premiers
http://blog.theregularguynyc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/DUDE-WTF-IS-WRONG-WITH-YOU.jpg
Not sure what you're making a big deal about but if you're concerned about me saying he is struggling with depression, that was his wish, that people know the reason behind his resignation, to stifle the bullshit stories that can arise if you are too ambiguous with these things.
To me, I think it's good he's willing to put it out there. Dunno, maybe I'm wrong.
by OnSong
Sat May 09, 2015 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Steve Lubcke coaching APFL team this year
by OnSong
Mon May 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

meh
I look at comments such as these and on one hand, I get the whole "No AFL in the SANFL" thing but then we wouldn't have an opportunity like we have this weekend to showcase some of the state's best football talent in our back yard.
No other club in the history of the SANFL has ever had the initiative to cater for the regional crowd in this area by playing a match for premiership points in Balaklava.
We're chuffed to have it, even if it isn't a "traditional" SANFL club competing. We've put in so much time and effort into preparing to host it and we're looking forward to holding it on Sunday. Jam your apathy.
by OnSong
Tue May 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:
OnSong wrote:Steve Lubcke coaching APFL team this year

Squad announcement wouldn't be far away then?

Steve doesn't mess around. He'd be onto it pretty quickly
by OnSong
Tue May 12, 2015 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 Adelaide v Port Balaklava Sunday 1.10pm

Just want to say thanks for those who came up and got involved with the day. Our local community supported it pretty well, not so much the travelling public but with the gourmet weekend in the Clare Valley, no "Tex factor" and Channel 7 broadcasting it live, we were up against it to pull a decent crowd.
I worked the whole game so didn't see much of it but the people I served beer to, including the vocal purple-haired Port lady, all had positive comments about how the oval was presented, food and drinks available etc.
The players who signed autographs were great and Tony Modra was an excellent ambassador, he hung around and mingled with people.
So, while the crowd was down on what we would have liked, the club is proud of our efforts to present a quality arena with an excellent standard of catering.
CFS Foundation also said the money coming in for parking and general donations was crazy, so for them, it was a great success.
Both clubs were great to work with in organising it, along with Matt Duldig from the SANFL and his team. Hope they continue to take SANFL to the regions in the future.
by OnSong
Mon May 18, 2015 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:what was that Dutchy????

sitting up on the speed 3 wide without cover?????

Lol I thought that too as I ripped up my EW ticket
by OnSong
Wed May 20, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:A number of them should be rolling back into the team over coming weeks, many of those you'd say won't be back until after the association match.

He seems to be either watching or officiating in Mallala's match every week.

It's great to have such loyal supporters!
by OnSong
Mon May 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Computer Crashed wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:Fill me up - sr3 no8
Falino - br5 no6
Golden mane - mr8 no11
Monkstone - mr9 no9
Devonshire duke - mr7 no10
Saturn rock - br6 no8

Bread and water on then menu this week ?

Bread? Is bread free these days? :lol:
by OnSong
Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fill me up - sr3 no8
Falino - br5 no6
Golden mane - mr8 no11
Monkstone - mr9 no9
Devonshire duke - mr7 no10
Saturn rock - br6 no8
Bread and water on then menu this week ?
Bread? Is bread free these days? :lol:
Poor bugger.
Not even a place getter.
We've all had days/weeks/months/years like that. Pity was they were all around the $10 mark so hardly Hail Marys lol
by OnSong
Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:you put a few too many $$$$ on it then to shorten it that much

JK saw the tip
by OnSong
Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

Failed Creation wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
Likewise, mate.

You'll have to find a new favourite pub!

I was never a pub person in the first place, I'll just have a few at home.

There's nothing like having a beer in your pyjamas.

I find it too cold when it's pressed against my leg. I just hold my beer in my hand.
by OnSong
Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

im on

Coome is on the toppy which beat the Jabiru comfortably last start and was expected too

I can see the Jabiru settling worse than midfield on the fence and then rattling through along the paint to get the cash, beating Coome in the photo
At $101 this will be the biggest betting sting in SA Footy history. Outside of Dodgy's huge jag on the Jockey Challenge that day. Those were the days.
by OnSong
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is Taree's 1st about to jump? It's **** 10.30am. I'm not ready for this!
by OnSong
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Yeah just a small plonk today ;)

The Sheik goes BOOM
by OnSong
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the Jabiru is only $12 tote

could the early tote money be a good guide??????

Absolutely. It's a clear sign the Jabiru will be back at its best and line my pockets for the weekend. :lol:
by OnSong
Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

This thread has become an Open Mike for everyone. I kind of like it more.
by OnSong
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Craiglea Jabiru is in race 4 - 1 Mackay

again at 80/1

the fav Wicked Crime looks a good thing

**** sake I'll get on it again. Don't know what they've done to the fc_uking thing.
by OnSong
Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:on Quaddies, anyone see Mark Guest hit the $30k Quaddie the other week, would've cost around $300 for the $1 unit

$300 for 100 per cent of the div?
by OnSong
Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2-8-7 was the tri

the Jabber was ridden fairly, did a bit of work from the wide draw, but was seemingly under pressure turning for home and it just battled fairly up the straight.....

really dunno what is wrong with this horse???

maybe it needs A Coome afterall??
Lol. Come on. Did you read what you typed before you hit "post"?
by OnSong
Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hardly a sceptic. I encourage all my team mates to play in it. I would be more than happy to play in it myself if I was ever good enough (luckily for the league this won't ever happen).

Just think that the 4 best U/21 players (1 from each assoc) should be an automatic choice for zone squad, plus the next best 4 or 5 or however many they wanna look at.
Pre-requisite for zone should be to play association, otherwise they are just picking on names which is hardly fair to the lads that did play, knowing that the next squad has already been picked.
Hate hate hate
by OnSong
Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Went through a few Cleve Hughes and Fergus Watts before nabbing my Nat Fyfe.
by OnSong
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FOOTY 2015

Lightning McQueen wrote:I've been getting on the 30 possession/ 3 goal bets lately, money for jam it seems, decent odds.

I picked up another with Neale & Walters last night, had them for most disposals and most goals too at 38's.

Well, how about posting these bets before they happen, champ! ;)
by OnSong
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Here's the story I've heard:

Ramrod and McGregor were once close friends, used to get around the horses a lot together. Not the gallops, the show horses of course.

One autumn afternoon at a Mount Pleasant dressage event, Ramrod was on the hunt for a black pony, no more than 12 hands high.

McGregor, who had shared his fairy floss with Ramrod earlier in the day, decides to help his friend but could only track down a striking black animal 13 hands high.

Now, Ramrod, being the perfectionist he is, feels this is some form of betrayal from McGregor, for everyone knows a pony becomes far less appealing at the 12 hand mark.

Heartbroken, he declares McGregor is the worst friend ever and never wants to see him again.

McGregor accepts the dismissal, going on to forge himself into a reasonable footballer. Ramrod won several dressage events and was considered a star rider amongst his six peers in the Men's over 37 category. He now has a room filled with lovely ribbons.
by OnSong
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

APFL players in the Central Zone team:

Troy Algar
Nigel Osborn
Jordan Clements
Andrew Hardiman
Ned Seccafien
Anthony Pontt
by OnSong
Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R11: Eagles v Centrals - Saturday 27 June @ MTO

Ramrod wrote:
RB wrote:What, let me guess, you've won Wimbledon or something?

Nah never been much of a tennis player, Fair chance if i took that up seriously i'd be okay. Never really came across a sport i'm not good at.

Bugger the haters, I'm now a Ramrod fan.
by OnSong
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Walsh murdered

There is surely no way the players mindset could be right 2x days before a scheduled game - how do you even get yourself up for something like that.. this will hit home hard over the coming days, cant see them being fit to play.
Yeah, you wouldn't go to work if it happened to you, so this would be no different to standard bereavement leave really.
by OnSong
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lot of talk out there of ice being involved.

Is there a basis for this or just wild speculation?
Still no excuse, hopefully the turd gets the crap kicked out of him behind bars
Not saying it was an excuse or even involved. Just hearing it and wondering why it has come up or where that may have come from.
Be as angry as you like, I just think for a bloke to kill his dad suggests it could be fairly complicated. Or it might not be. We'll find out I'm sure
by OnSong
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If Sundays game did go ahead it would be surreal as I have tickets, I think I'd cheer both teams wearing my Cats gear and perhaps even want the Crows to win.

If the game doesnt go ahead, the next time the Crows are at Adelaide Oval is for the showdown in two weeks.

I reckon that it will be the most emotional match of sport ever played with his ties to both clubs.

It's just shattering, I'm still sitting here at work just in complete and utter shock. Just can't believe it
Crippling hey? I've literally got nothing done in three hours but I feel like I've been busy.
by OnSong
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They've deliberately been running it sh!thouse for this day.

Last few starts have all been a plan to dud people into thinking it's no good. Then.....BAM! Takes out a metro race and everyone has loaded up on it.

#sting

#pissoffsheikJK
by OnSong
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

I'm on the senior committee of my club. I also captain the A grade team. I also manage the player and coach budget, I'm on the recruiting committee, and handle the APPS allocation. And I'm happy to submit three player payment summaries a year. I would rather see more funds directed into junior development or club facilities to help make it a sustainable place to be for my kids when they're old enough to play.
We've never got close to the player payment cap coming in. We probably never will. If it means working a bit harder to make sure we comply by doing the right thing, I'll do it.
by OnSong
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

After running 8 places from its first 11 starts, including 3 wins, its last 6 runs have been, well, we know how they've beem
by OnSong
Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Thankgod my slow cooking pulled pork is smelling delicious

Gotta find another bandwagon worthy of our attention
by OnSong
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |