Re: Jockey Challenge

helicopterking wrote:Time for a dabble

Avdulla@$2.70
Holland@$4.20
Stanley@ $4.60
Knuckey@$4.80

Singles, Doubles, Trebles and All 4.

Treble @ $92
Only possible deductions are Yendall gets up with Holland unplaced, or Yendall and McNeil can level with him at worst.
by OnSong
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

Just turned my $25 free bet into $200 over the space of 3 bets. I think I'll just withdraw it and forget about Crownbet haha #kent
by OnSong
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

I fail to see how this Australia Day speech could cause so much outrage that people feel the need to boo someone, or is it a case of Chinese whispers, with the only words left at the end being Invasion Day?

There is also an article with the full speech in it.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/adam-goodes-australian-of-the-year-speech-turned-fans-against-sydney-swans-champ-but-is-it-really-divisive/story-fni5f22o-1227463023081

Do you/we honestly think half the people booing would have even heard his speech never mind remember snipets of it to the point it makes them feel like they need to boo him in a game.

No, they probably haven't heard/read it. What they've heard is someone mention that he said Invasion Day in his speech, so apparently he "hates Australia" and he's "ramming Aboriginal issues down our throats".
This speech and also the fact that he won AoY and Crawf didn't have been big drivers of the indignation felt by many who are in the boo brigade.
These issues have been clearly stated for reasons people are booing him.
Yep, or he mentioned he "doesn't celebrate Australia Day" etc.
If it wasn't so sad it would be laughable.
by OnSong
Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2015

Gozu wrote:Yeah Goodes should man up and apologise to the girl who called him an ape!

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/j ... him-an-ape

Unbelievable.

“She’d only turned 13 five days beforehand. She was technically still 12.”

W.....wut?
by OnSong
Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

From an Association point of view, there are two possible directions this may head... To look at those you examine the existing teams first...

Balaklava - Good population, good junior numbers for the future of the comp, solid senior group already, local area sustainable, no risk of the town diminishing in the immediate future GOOD POSITION
Hamley Bridge - Small population, one ok junior side but not enough number to count on this for future, minimal senior representation, already a small town, with no immediate plans for growth DANGEROUS POSITION
Hummocks - Ok populations for the combined areas, ok juniors now, seniors improving but will rely heavily on recruited players for sustainability, Pt Wakefield will always be a busy area, but we already see that on locals alone (last year as an example) it is could prove difficult to compete. SEMI DANGEROUS POSITION
Mallala - Great Population, always good numbers and solid juniors, a core senior group that has been able to retain multiple 'imports' for multiple years, local area sustainable, good future for their area GREAT POSITION
Two Wells - Growing Population - Really good junior numbers and program, Senior group strong and still relatively young across the board, local area growing GREAT POSITION
United - Small Population, average junior numbers and results similar to Hamley, Local senior group ok but some are nearing the end of their playing days so rely on recruits to remain competitive and/or challenge, future growth of the area unlikely DANGEROUS POSITION
Virginia - Good population, junior numbers a huge concern esp given the population, had a great senior group that have stuck together for a while, but in 5 years if some/most are gone, who replaces them, the area itself is in great shape, urban sprawl will only add numbers MIDDLE ROAD POSITION

SUMMARY - Balak, Mallala and Two Wells are in really good positions, but 3 teams dont make a comp. Virginia are in a good position with their senior footy, but their juniors are a huge concern and i dont think they have their full compliment of netty teams either (but dont quote me). Hamley, United and Hummocks are the concerns (all at different levels of course). All have minimal numbers or depth in local senior ranks, and the ones that are there may be getting towards the back end of their careers. All 3 over the last two years have shown, to differing levels, that when relying on mainly locals, they are on a hiding to nothing, when a good local contingent are available with MULTIPLE 'imports', then they can compete. But when team are solely relying on imports to remain competitive, that is not a good sign.

So

Option 1 - Add Angle Vale in, bringing more numbers into the competition can't be a bad thing since EVERY country comp is struggling with participation rates. It is not out of the way in terms geographical location, and with high junior participation levels, it may filter into the rest of the comp where some teams are experiencing low numbers. Comp goes to 8, possible allows for an even draw not relying on byes, should be seen as a positive. If a team like Hamley folds, you are still left with a 7 team comp, so while not great to lose a club, the comp itself remains in a similar position but with higher junior numbers. Remembering that junior number will be the reason the comp continues in the future.

Option 2 - Change nothing. But what that does is put pressure on EVERYONE. Hamley have a long road ahead, with a non existant local playing base at the moment, they either have to wait to their juniors filter through (which numbers aren't that high anyway) or constantly rely on players from outside the town (imports in one form or another). Lets just say hypothetically that doesnt work out, comp is down to 6. Then lets say United (not picking on them, just an example) have 5 or 6 existing locals retire, the sugggested salary cap and points system restrict them from recruiting good numbers, then they are in the position like Hamley are now (and results this year have shown when all their imports have been out injured they have been belted even if not Hamley like), then in a few years they fold (and I could have used Hummocks as an example given similar demographics), down to 5 team... = COMP GONE .... what then...

Well I see it like this,

Virginia - perfect fit for the Ammo's solid senior numbers who could easily go up the divisions, no pressure of junior numbers which they are struggling with.
Mallala and Two Wells - Both enter the Barossa league, good juniors, strong seniors, strong netty, close proximity to the area, ticks all the boxes
Balak - Join the North Eastern league, same as above, but geographically better suited to the NE comp.
Hummocks - If sustainable, potentiall join the Yorkes league, travel wise would be relitively similar, strength of the comp may suit. If not sustainable, then potentially fold.
Hamley and United - Given population issues, potential of area growth being minimal, ability to recruit players to the club limited by the cap and points sytem, they both find themselves (at some stage but not immediate in United case) unsustainable. They could potentially merge together and attempt to join another league, I doubt the Barossa would take a third team, maybe too far away from the NEFL... not looking too bright if the comp goes bust.

So everyone has to ask themselves, if they sit around and do little and hope the association stays as it is because thats the way we like it, then they will be in for a big shock, the APFL (with other country leagues I may add) will die a slow death.
Want a job?
by OnSong
Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I accept perhaps the analysis of United may have missed the mark but perhaps a bit harsh on someone simply participating in debate.

The analysis of Mallala as a viable township is also off the mark if you consider the way the locals are rallying there at the moment on the back of the hospital closure and impending shift of council's administration.

Thought it was a well-presented opinion but to label it "a load of shit" is a bit rough.

Credit to the response though but without knowing exactly what's going on at every other club, it's hard to be right on all facets of each one.
by OnSong
Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Officejet wrote:Word around the Yorke Peninsula from the YP Presidents meeting is that all for Hamley Bridge, not going on in 2016,

Just so sad. so I guess last game for the club tomorrow.

This is utter crap
by OnSong
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who wins between:
http://forever.collingwoodfc.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/1062-Mal_Michael.jpg
http://images.smh.com.au/2014/10/15/5881941/Thumbnail61363516116gwuimage.related.thumbnail.320x214.10j8e4.png1413349182804.jpg.jpg

&

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/NorthMelbourne/Player%20Profiles/2015%20-%20Profiles/WELLS%20Daniel.png
http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/NorthMelbourne/Player%20Profiles/2015%20-%20Profiles/WELLS%20Daniel.png
by OnSong
Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

FULLY LOADED MAN wrote:dart from barmera to take willy home tonight

That's good for him but who will win the medal?
by OnSong
Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

The great man Dodgingandweaving has put this tip up on Twitter:

"I know it was only Mount Isa, but if you saw the ease of Craiglea Cruz's last-start win, you wouldn't hesitate taking the $4.8 (R4 Cairns)."
by OnSong
Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What did people think of the Producer Team of the Year? Any thoughts? Improvements? Our first crack at it, so happy to take on suggestions etc
Jake Levy should have been in it.
Catford was better than Levy.
Not on Saturday (or Sunday I would assume)
Never underestimate Catford's on or off-field antics at any given point in time.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What did people think of the Producer Team of the Year? Any thoughts? Improvements? Our first crack at it, so happy to take on suggestions etc
Didn't see it laid out as a side, but I don't think that matters. You could always debate 3 or 4 guys but I think that whoever the selector/s are did a pretty fair job.

Only comment I have is that going on the photo there are 20 players with 2 absent which obviously equals 22. We only play with 21 so I think there has been 1 too many players picked.

But great idea to have an official version of the team!

Can we see it? Is it available anywhere other than in the Proddy this week?
Yeah, I didn't publish it in field layout, just the photo, but here's the field layout:

Forwards
Jason McPharlin (B) Brendon Nicklaus (V) Matt Birchmore (U)

Half Forwards
Joel Montgomerie (M) Steven Pollock (V) Nigel Osborn (M)

Centres
Brad Robertson (V) Ned Seccafien (TW) Brad Hardie (M)

Half backs
Anthony Seccafien (V) Andrew Hardiman (TW) Josh Gould (HWE)

Backs
Anthony Pontt (TW) Adrian Mark (V) Dylan Cicolella (HWE)

First ruck:

Will Farrelly (M)
Ben Russell (V)
Jordan Clements (M)

Interchange:
Heath Pym (U)
Toby Bowman (TW)
Dean Storic (B)
Matt Higgs (HWE)
by OnSong
Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm more so thinking of the administrative stuff, if you're involved in volunteering for a club, you're stuffed by the end of the season.

The season length is fine as it is. You get no real benefit out of playing an extra two minor round games.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Exactly the attitude I was alluding to. Thanks.
Well, you come in peddling your ignorance when you actually know very little about the situation, you can not expect anyone to take you seriously.
It's not about being scared of change. If it was another country club with its netball already in tow looking to join, I strongly doubt you would find much opposition at all. The fact there is a LOT of uncertainty about that happening, especially from the netball point of view, is a major barrier.

There are several other reasons too but it's rather apparent you'd take them into the BLG no questions asked, so I'll leave it there.
by OnSong
Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A mate of mine has a share of Little Indian, ran second in the first at Mornington yesterday. Finished with a head of steam, unlucky to go down.
Keep an eye out for it.

Accepted for Race 1 at Caulfield on Saturday. 1200m, so an extra 200m and good track. Chris Parnham aboard.
Following this one with interest.

Replay of its fast finish at Mornington on Sep 10 here:
http://www.racing.com/form/2015-09-10/mornington/race/1/results

Had bad luck at Sale last week:
https://www.racing.com/videos/2015-09-24/sale-race-2--24915 could it find anymore trouble? Did fly late, interesting what it's last 200 would have been. Definite black booker and a mile looks perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Accepted this week race three bottom weight. Ben Melham on board
by OnSong
Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Let's hope it doesn't become Craiglea Jabiru!!!!

Ack! Glad I haven't sighted that thing in a long time
by OnSong
Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:And just for your resistance I think we will all follow your double-trio and kill that divvy...

JK will have it 15 times. #thesheik
by OnSong
Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is over the Magnolian Khan thing? I just thought it was a slip of the tongue when trying to describe the positions of 20 horses in a race. Haha
by OnSong
Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Instead of finding ways (which is quite easy to do) in beating the salary cap rules. Why didn't the leagues and clubs simply vote NO? That would have been the easiest. Just tell the CFB to stick their rules where the sun doesn't shine and run the competitions as the clubs see fit. Simply doesn't make sense to vote yes and then look for ways to break the rules. Would have been easier to be upfront from the start
Or just abide by the rules the MAJORITY of clubs have agreed to & probably won't be affected by. Seems to me any clubs against the salary cap are the ones who spend a sh!tload of money on players.
Or they don't like to be dictated too by a body that has an agenda that has nothing to do with equalisation !
Exhibit A
by OnSong
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do we have a decision on Angle Vale yet, or will the board just keep calling for another vote until they get the result they want?
We do. Kind of.

Four voted against the motion to rescind the Board's decision.

One club voted for it.

Two clubs did not vote.

I don't know where that leaves us. Working on it.

Hope it's ok with Norm that I've revealed this.
by OnSong
Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry to change the subject but the pies are the sleepers and one big thing
hasn't been mentioned Angus Bruggemann is he back local or still in town?
Bruggemann/Wilson/Wildbore all will be back in 2016
Has the big fella signed the paper work or is he still playing the game
If you believe Facebook, he has. There's a classic page dedicated to the "King of the Adelaide Plains". Haha
by OnSong
Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a board, nor challenging a decision you don't think is right. Like I said, a fair majority of the time, they do the business without anyone batting an eyelid. But the second a decision is challenged, you're saying abandon the whole concept? Seems a bit over the top. This is once in however many years a motion to rescind has been lodged, which says to me that by and large, the system works well. And will continue to work well once this process is finished with.
by OnSong
Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No nominations received in the 21 days prior. Can't have been! Good to have Jeff Moon join the board though.
by OnSong
Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

If you get one lady friend to do one square metre each Psyber, job done, you won't need to touch a thing. :lol:
The newest one, whom I first went out with 12 months ago, has now moved in and driven all the others away.
We now treat her city unit as a convenient town house when we are too bushed to drive home.
(This is the one whose brother was an SAS officer.)

Perfect movie script if you decide to elope.
http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/taken-kidnapping-scene.jpg
by OnSong
Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spider about the size of a 20c piece in the toilet bowl at work. I flush and watch as it curls into a ball and accepts its watery fate.

I do my business etc and stand up, turn around, spider is back on the edge of the toilet bowl.

I flush again, this time with genuine reason. Spider again does his curl into ball routine. Surely this time he's rooted.

Nope. All the rest of the rubbish is gone, but spider uncurls himself and walks off the surface of the water.

I didn't flush a third time. Dat spider got my respect. #fighter
by OnSong
Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It was just a constitutional requirement that a CFL investigative committee looks into it, as they do with every other club changing leagues etc.

And it was confirmed about 10 days ago. Play on.
by OnSong
Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

BREAKING:
Escape The Rain has shortened to odds-on favourite after a huge betting plunge on maiden at Warnambool.
Early reports indicate a substantial bet was placed by an anonymous punter known only as "The Sheik".
by OnSong
Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Josh Glenn Would be spewing Craig Taylor is back in this league. Now Glenn is the 2nd biggest pick up in this comp!

Wonder who would be getting the bigger pay packet - Taylor doesn't play for fun and rumours suggest Glenn is on 4 figures.
Taylor plays for fun. Raking it in with home maintenance firm, Incompro. Great prices. Great service. Incompro is the go.
by OnSong
Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the first time ever, I had a horse racing dream last night where this horse I'm watching at long odds, (44 dollars on Ubet) wins by about 2 lengths. In my dream I saw it pass the line and the dividends pop up on screen. And I read and remembered the name.

I know the number, I know it runs clockwise, I know the name of it and what it pays when it hits the line.

Doing some research on the horses name, it's a 20 start horse and still hasn't won. So it fits the bill - so far! Now I just need to find out when it's next running! If I miss it, I WILL SPEW.
Well????? What's its phaaarking name????

Hehehe, like I'm gonna tell you guys, it's odds will shorten from 44 to 4!
Pm me!!!
I had a similar dream. About the same horse. 20 times.
by OnSong
Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Time to introduce testing facilities. Remove the unknown element of the risk.
The substance is tested, the client is advised of what's in it, what possible side effects are, and encouraged not to take it.
Then whether it is consumed or not is at the discretion of the client, fully aware of possible dangers.
by OnSong
Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Getting recognised by the 2nd richest woman in Australia, she made a beeline for me, struck up a conversation and gave me a Christmas greeting.

I am in love. She is so down to earth.

Sugarmumma
by OnSong
Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

These recent pay rises for state MPs.

I understand they work hard but those salary increases in this current economic climate can't be justified.
by OnSong
Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Game Are You Playing Now?

Don't know if you're taking the piss or not, but I get into these games, so I'm gonna keep the updates coming.
Not taking the piss at all. Baseball does not interest me in the slightest but your career tale is interesting, for some reason.
Like how you went to arbitration and landed a sweet deal haha. You need an off-field scandal just to spice things up more.
by OnSong
Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:Both Walkers, Whisky and Justin off to South Clare, with the possibility of one more Pecker joining them.

Charlie Arbon to lead Balaklava's ruck department this year.
by OnSong
Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:Any truth big Pumpa's been talking to some Riverland clubs?

Plural? Really?
by OnSong
Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Why would you even ask that question.....runs top 3 easily

Ok ok. I'm on. Go you POS. Today is the day you get us back on the Jabiru bandwagon
by OnSong
Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol. I hate this horse
by OnSong
Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good luck to Brad Wilson(Mallala/WWTFC forward) who undergoes surgery today to fully rebuild his ankle after breaking it in two during at footy trial with wwtfc Friday night, something I don't like hearing about no matter who the player is, here's to a speedy recovery.
Yeah, absolutely. Apparently about three months out at least. Might get in some games for Mallala after all during his comeback
by OnSong
Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That season would start around April? Great opportunity for Parish but bit of a loss for Mallala.
by OnSong
Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Townsville Race 5.

You know who.

Should jump at big odds again in a small field on a wet track, bottom weight.

At its best, it motors in the wet.

I'm donating $10 EW again.

Chris McIver's turn now! This must be last roll of the dice for Jabiru!
by OnSong
Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any interest in an APFL tipping comp this year?

I will put up a Plains Producer trucker's cap as a prize! Same rules apply as previous.

We can make it a bit more specific with margins.

Select the winner for one point.

Select the winner and correct margin bracket for two points.

Margin brackets can be as previous: 1-39, 40+ or go include an extra option: 1-39, 40 - 59 and 60+

Thoughts?
by OnSong
Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

What does fairy floss and Carey Hart have in common?

They both come in pink.
by OnSong
Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 5 & its ensuing palaver.

Vocab points for "palaver".
by OnSong
Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good news! Jabiru goes around again in Qld tomorrow, R3 Number 4. Means we can find the winner amongst the other 9 runners!
by OnSong
Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How are we rating the performance of our umpires this season? Personally I've noticed a marked improvement on recent years - they seem to be in control and not paying quite as many "micky mouse" free kicks - we've had mostly Clarkey and Wattsy.
Brown nose much? :lol:

BJ and Clarkey did a great job on the weekend. BJ is the best by a fair distance IMO. Validates his spot at the top. Some of the newbies have a lot to learn. But you expect that to a degree with the new guys.
by OnSong
Thu May 05, 2016 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

interestedobserver wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Really? How did North not finish bottom?

North spooners 2009, fifth 2010

Interesting observation
by OnSong
Fri May 13, 2016 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |