Search found 383 matches

Return

Re: Things that you rate!

Don't feel bad. Just embrace Tit Monday. 'Tis not a time for mourning.
by OnSong
Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

What is happening? I don't like change!

:lol:

I hate change more than anyone! I've been using this new layout for about 3 or 4 weeks and I still can't get used to it!

When you've been using the same layout with your eyes closed for 8 years - anything is going to take a little getting used to ;)

I was gonna say "you cant teach an old dogs new tricks"....but it seems very derogatory when said to a lady.....so i wont ;)
I'm into the like button though.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Hit 86 at echunga last Sunday. Greens a bit long. MatteeG threatening a good round but wayward drives were costly, as were gutless chips! Have a go son!

I played 9 holes today - 47

course a tad busy so played the front 9, as I played the back 9 yesterday

and yes I had some gutless chips

gotta hit the ball!!!!!

had a total of 17 putts for the 9 holes

ended up playing with a lovely young female member who has recruited me into a team for a 7s comp, whatever that may be!
Hopefully a pseudonym for epic gang bang with five of her female friends.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Homeland

"Buy". Lol
by OnSong
Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Clubs should be more worried about the changes to the points rule for 2014 by the SA FOOTY COMMUNITY BOARD at their next meeting in nov,it will be changed but to what no one is sure!! Maybe a follow up for you onsong.
Yeah, I spoke to Rosser this week and he said changes will be known after a meeting at the end of October.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I heard this story recently actually:

The Two Wells lads were invited to a barbecue at Bugs' house after the 2013 grand final to drown their sorrows.

The boys were sitting around the fire, tucking into some pork chops and a few CC cans when mighty hounds noticed Bugs' dog walk over and sit nearby, wagging its tail and staring at him.

"Hey Bugs," mighty hounds said, "How does your dog always know when we're having a barbecue?"

"Well mighty hounds..." Bugs replied, "It can see us for a start."
by OnSong
Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

The Vancouver Grizzlies had to change their name because it was offensive to wives.
by OnSong
Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think you're missing the point Wedgie. What Psyber is saying is he is feels there is no prejudice behind the use of the name, as it more so honours those people, as opposed to negatively vilifying them.

I abhor people finding any excuse to play the "racist" card and this is a prime example of that.

I think the word "racist" should only apply when hate or negative discrimination is the main motivator behind it.

Calling your team the "Braves" would be akin to calling your team the "Vikings", or the "Crusaders", to epitomise fighting spirit, as opposed to some sort of negative, hateful discrimination.

Beating up a guy because he's black. That's racist. Naming your team after a race, known for their bravery and honourable traits, I can't fathom how that could be seen as racist or offensive..
by OnSong
Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I assume you also read the "Popular Opinion" subheading.

Yes I did read that section, which also states why those surveys are unreliable. So you're saying Native American groups haven't been pushing for changes to the names they deem offensive for many many years? They are the only people who count in this debate.
I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying there's every chance those groups are a vocal minority and other Native Americans don't care. Culturally insensitive to some, I can accept that.

That's all I'm contributing to this topic though. I don't really care either way. Just hate it when the term racist is needlessly bandied about like a bulb of garlic at a vampire.
by OnSong
Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Time to dust off this baby:
by OnSong
Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Breaking: A fringe A grader from United, rumoured to have dropped a lot of weight in recent months, offered $1 a game by Balaklava.
by OnSong
Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GWW wrote:I reckon let cyclists not wear a hamlet if they're prepared to pay 100% medical expenses (instead of Medicare) if they suffer injuries in an accident.

Win/Win for all parties.
by OnSong
Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I see the indicator, I let them in. Doesn't bother me as the time saved from not doing so is next to nothing and keeps them out of my grill.
by OnSong
Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluedemon wrote:
Smileinram wrote:One good thing bout that flash new scorebored
They be able to count all the goals rams pile on in b grade

what ground is the grand final being held at?

is there a pic of the scoreboard?

Long Plains
by OnSong
Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Doing a good job tip toeing around this one as I suspect you can't say any more than you have.

My mail is that there are a series of numb nuts (one or so from each club) that provide 'not so funny' information to a single numb nut, known as the informer. This numb nut changes from year to year. This numb nut then picks the worst or most satirical of the information and puts it in for print.

Who these people are is not really important, rather that the most senior numb nut of all thinks the informant is funny, and keeps paying for/employing the service.
Some of it is funny, some of it not. Some of it is true, some of it isn't. Mind you, if it's in that article, it is often said or discussed amongst people before it hits that page.
by OnSong
Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:Grant Russell confirmed as Balaklava Football Club coach for 2014.

background?

Scottish/German grandparents.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

GWW wrote:Well, that didnt last long.

My wife said the same thing.
by OnSong
Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Homeland

woodublieve12 wrote:
mick wrote:Jumped the shark unfortunately :(

how???

Yeah I'm still into it. Although I'm starting to get the shits with how they always put Carrie in missions when they know she is always going to compromise them in some way

Should have shot her properly.
by OnSong
Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:You do realise that the best three or four players from the top clubs in those divs are capable of playing a-grade almost anywhere?

I guess that still leaves the question of whether it's those top 3 or not.
by OnSong
Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

joel mont returning home for christmas, will be huge $$$ thrown his way for a season back at his beloved hawks

You people need to stop dreaming of Joel mont,really,building a house in Adelaide,nearly engaged to a local farmers daughter,what else do you want,stop dreaming!!
That post was in jest to get this kind of response. :lol:
by OnSong
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All they need to do now is rotate it 90 degrees so you don't look directly into the sun and it'd be a great place to play.
by OnSong
Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Joel Montgomerie to play for Dallas in the USAFL. Still basing himself in Adelaide though
by OnSong
Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How many goals do people think that Jamie Solly could kick next year
Who?

I googled him and this came up. This is his highlight reel Ace.

http://afldraftinfo.blogspot.com.au/2009/09/jamie-solly-port-adelaide-magpiessa.html

I have heard he is pretty handy tho.
Where's the highlights in that reel?

You gotta be good to make that team but whoever was in charge of his draft prospects should be sacked!
by OnSong
Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was a pro basketballer but was rookie listed by the Crows in a similar vein to Kurt Tippett.
by OnSong
Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dizzee Rascal wrote:
hairy cat wrote:well maybe not boring still mad you pinched pinup boy justin last year

Lad just bought a house from his match payments too. Ladies form an orderly line.

Whoa! :D
by OnSong
Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

The brothers are well known for signing with multiable clubs before the start of the year. I'll let you know this weekend and see if he turns up to the kadina fishing trip.

No need to let me know bud but its a bit far fetched to say that 'brothers' are well known for... Fair to say you'd be white.
Check your facts champppppppppppppp. Benbolt is a bloodhound. Do u get you :roll: r info out of a box of fruit loops?
I do and apparently Sam Toucan has treasure buried somewhere near Ardrossan.
by OnSong
Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

bennymacca wrote:Was trying to show the view, was standing on a green at the time, and behind that green was a huge drop off, then suburbia. Would be great to tee a few up and get the driver out :)

Surely it's been done. Haha
by OnSong
Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Can anyone tell me when clearances start coming up on Foxsportspulse? I had heard Feb 1st and thought they would have been added along the way by administrators (behind our view) and then would automatically open up today. Anyone?
They're already up and going on the site but only updated every now and then. Haven't seen any action there for a few weeks. Kind of like the bedroom of late too, but I digress...
by OnSong
Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

Just a few points:

For those annoyed people from outside SA will be we wearing a replica state guernsey, no one seems to give a crap when Phil Hughes fronts for South Australia and represents our state at the highest level. Wears the coveted baggy red etc. Graham Cornes, a Victorian, wore the SA guernsey 21 times and captained the team. Precedents all over the place here.

The guernsey is commemorative in nature. Celebrating SA's footy heritage. They'll still run out as the Adelaide Crows, a team you may or may not support. No one is claiming to represent South Australia. Simply honouring the footy heritage.

And all this banging on about tainting history, yada yada yada. The state guernsey has been dead at the highest level for more than a decade.
Towards the end, the state guernsey lost its lustre. Players were preferring to play for their club over their state and risking their careers. At least, in this one-off occasion, the blokes running out there in that SA replica guernsey will want to be there. They'll want to be wearing it. They may not be all South Australians. But heck, it sure has thrust South Australian football back into the spotlight. The revamped Adelaide Oval will be packed to the brim. History is great, but this is a new era, like it or not.
by OnSong
Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

RB wrote:Exactly. Whether the Crows are 'honouring' the guernsey can only be assessed objectively - i.e. by the wider SA footballing public. You can't just put it on and tell us your honouring it.

Cracked record just keeps on spinning. Move on champ
by OnSong
Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Minor International Cricket

New Zealand look like they are on the way up in the test rankings.

Smashed West Indies who were ranked higher than them and lead India in current series.

There team does not look too bad Williamson, Taylor, Mccullum and Anderson all can play their bowling attack also looks all right they just need to find an opener or 2
Also think they're short a genuine quick. None of their bowlers push the 140s regularly enough.
Boult, Wagner, Southee all medium-fast and Anderson slower than them.
Do like the look of the spinner but bowls too many pies. Turns the pill though.
by OnSong
Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pretty sure hairy cat is Boomhauer from King of the Hill.

by OnSong
Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lame Choice wrote:oh - and the informer was fabo :D

It's about to get fabber. Is that even a word?
by OnSong
Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hairy cat wrote:On song it appears you're the odd one out with this weeks tips
were all ramed up!

Lame Choice likes the Peckers. And he's tipped Balaklava...
by OnSong
Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mallala 1-39
Balaklava 40+
Two Wells 1-39

Plus Hanno to have 40+ practice shots at goal tonight, guided by senior goal kicking coach, Kirk Heberle.
by OnSong
Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Wow Westy. Hit a nerve there. Typical small minded attitude from a bully boy club. Kadina have a massive advantage of having a population, juniors, and a point system that isnt structured to allow weaker clubs to improve. Div 5 players are 2 points. U dont have to be a brain surgeon to work out that the clubs like Ardrossan , Bute , Cougars will go to div 5 clubs to draw players to get as many players as possible to keep their clubs going. Kadina should be on 5 pts as should the Crows. Bet Craig Taylor is getting more than anything Ardrossan or Bute are paying for recruits this year!
Still laughing at the fact you think winning 3 games is a success. One could pull good things at of a season but to call it a success. You must set your goals high
I would guess that Taylor, would be getting paid 1000 bucks a game. Just a little bit less then some of the Bute boys.
If some of these other clubs are spending as much as Kadina I would be very suprised.Which players at Ardrossan , Bute and Cougars would be getting $1000 a game? None I would think. If Craig Tayloris on over $1000 I dont think Lee, Faulkner and Serle would be far behind that either.Just with those 4 you would be spending more than the other 3 clubs I mentioned. I dont have a problem with it as I think it would be good to see someone else win the flag other than the Crows. I just dont like seeing the big distance between the top clubs and the bottom ones.
Craig Taylor's payments have been slashed by the club as he is fined per photo of his child he posts on Facebook. Now owes the club money after a prolific few months.
Pretty sure he is sponsored by Baby Bunting.
by OnSong
Thu May 01, 2014 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats Swamp Donkey on the arrival of a Swamp Colt.

*colt is the term for baby male donkeys
by OnSong
Mon May 05, 2014 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace, I got told it includes Club membership which has entry to home games and/or tea vouchers or something like that.

Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

I think it said a couple games free entry if you paid on time perhaps. It made our lads appreciate the $70 subs in any case!

That $70 bucks should make us appreciate our $55 subs then!
**** me
by OnSong
Fri May 16, 2014 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ace, I got told it includes Club membership which has entry to home games and/or tea vouchers or something like that.

Hotspur, know your lads have never played for nothing, something about a pot and kettle springs to mind!

I think it said a couple games free entry if you paid on time perhaps. It made our lads appreciate the $70 subs in any case!
$70 is probably the cheapest I've ever heard.

It's now the no. 2 cheapest you heard
Third. You can get subs for $5. With a cookie and drink.
by OnSong
Fri May 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, second. I reckon two behind Heberle on 17.
So Solly has 15 goals for the year, average of three a game.
Season tally of 48 on the cards. Where does that sit as far as value is concerned?
I'm by no means criticising him here, just posing the question. It's hardly 'dominating the league' etc but it would be a pass mark?
by OnSong
Tue May 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

heater31 wrote:
OnSong wrote:My balls have certainly changed over the years...

Blue? ;)

Lol. Certainly are lately.
by OnSong
Thu May 22, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:United 1-39
Hamley 40+
Two Wells 40+ - 197 points to be exact (can I get an extra bonus point if correct)

Yes
by OnSong
Fri May 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm officially a dad as of 5.07am this morning. Had a little boy. Very happy. Very tired.
by OnSong
Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks everyone. We're tracking well. At the Lyell Mac so went to get a feed from the nearby shopping plaza. Critical error right there.
by OnSong
Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How did Thach get a game before Galbraith?

He can take my spot, I won't be playing in this rubbish tournament again.
The quicker the league accept that this format is s**t, the better off it'll be.
Players sacrifice their Saturday on a long weekend to play 2x40 minute games.
We play our first game, then do nothing but wait around and let our body seize up, then play our final game 2 hours later.
Spoke with an U23 player and he said he too enjoyed driving 2 hours to sit on a 5 man bench and play 25% game time (which in this tournament equates to playing 10 minutes per game and 20 minutes for the day).
Why don't the APFL do what most other leagues do and play a full 4 quarter game against another league?
Would it be better if it was strictly a senior carnival and the U17s play on the Sunday or at a different location on the Saturday?
by OnSong
Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If APFL play YPFL then have 2 games
17's followed by A grade.
Then North East can do the same against Nortern Areas somewhere else
And have 17's followed by A grade.
Then the 2 A grade winners of each game play off the following year

In the 90's it was like that with the 2 winners playing off on the Monday of the long weekend
I wouldn't want to play on Monday.
by OnSong
Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles 2014

Darren Glass has retired. Shattered.
by OnSong
Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles 2014

Johno6 wrote:Yep shattered.

Wont play another game.

I'm not shattered but the pun had to be used
by OnSong
Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I reckon a lot of people would be happy with this week off, especially families being first weekend of school holidays etc. Having a break can be a good thing.

The only issue for me is that it is so close to Landmark Cup bye, and team with a club bye either side of those two weekends play hardly any football over a 6 week period.

Virginia and Two Wells had a bye either side of landmark cup so Virginia 3 games in 6 weeks, Two Wells only 2 games in 5 weeks.
Then Hamley and Balak have a bye either side of Zone champs for Hamley 2 games in 5 weeks Balak 3 games in 6 weeks.

Too stop start for teams trying to get momentum in the iddle half of the season etc...

The quicker they get rid of zone footy and put more emphasis on Association footy the better!

I fail to see the relevance in any of it unless it was association of origin.
The relevance of it is to add another level for country footballers to aspire to.
Association and Zone footy provide a stepping stone towards a higher level of footy, somewhere between the country A grade and SANFL reserve grade level, possibly higher.
For some, it will be the pinnacle of their football careers, for others, it's a chance to either go on and represent the state or better yet, get noticed by SANFL clubs.
Angus Bruggemann is a prime example, a lumbering, overweight and aggressive goat at Meningie (not my words Angus), turned it around in one season by stepping up at each level presented, ends up playing a key role at Port Adelaide the following year.
It doesn't mean much to some but I relish the opportunity to play with the best of the association and region.
It's enjoyable to line up alongside Joel Montgomerie, Caleb Howell, Ned Seccafien, Heath Pym, Ryan Appleton etc.
Maybe that's a purely selfish outlook on my part but I'll look back in years to come, when I'm too old to play, and have absolutely no regrets that I took every opportunity I could to play at a higher level, with some of the best players I've played against.
by OnSong
Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |