Lachlan Robinson

Who's coaching this year onsong?

Steve Lubcke
by OnSong
Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Someone that has been around the league for a long time, what did you think of Angle Vale SD? Compared to the bad Hamley teams and the final years of Roseworthy teams?
I'll reserve my judgement until they've had a couple of seasons to establish themselves as a country footy club.

This season was always going to be tough for them coming out of Div 7 amateurs, in particular their lack of depth was always going to be an issue. However, I think they deserve opportunity to develop a senior team over the next 3-4 years, especially as they have some talent coming through in their senior colts at the moment. The key questions for me are: 1) can they can hold on to, and further develop the high-end talent in their current senior colts team into quality senior players over the next 3-4 years; and 2) will they be able to top up their list with quality imports. I'm assuming they will have 15+ points to play with each year over the next 3 years, so theoretically they should be able to attract at least 8-10 quality players to the club during this period to support their developing locals. In the meantime, there will be plenty of heartache and the challenge for the coach and the club is to keep the current group interested and their level of effort and competitiveness up (both of these were lacking Saturday - their lack of depth was clearly an issue). If they are unable to do that on a regular basis, and keep getting results like the one on the weekend, I think they are going to find it very tough and the answer to the questions I posed above will almost certainly be no. Such results on a regular basis will provide no incentive for new players to come along, or for young local players to hang around.

Although nobody expects them to cause too many upsets this year, and our expectations of them are very low, I still think they have a lot to lose if they can't at least be competitive and earn some respect this season. Personally I hope they can pull it together and be a force in the APFL within 5-10 years.
Great rundown.
It's almost like the Hamley Bridge rebuild apart from some key elements.
The big kicker really, is Hamley Bridge's rebuild is survival based.
They had no real option other than rebuild their club in the APFL competition.
On the contrary, not all at Angle Vale would be thrilled to be part of the APFL competition.
The Owls weren't forced into this situation.
It was a choice by the club to pursue this venture.
So, for all the hard work people like Bill, Trevor etc are putting in, there will be those detractors (probably not many, but they tend to be pretty vocal and disruptive) within that organisation lamenting the day they set foot in the APFL.
You wouldn't have that element of negativity at Hamley Bridge.
Not sure how the netballers are coping either.

On the positive, I saw three or four AV lads training with the APFL U17 squad in awful conditions at Balaklava on Sunday.
by OnSong
Fri May 27, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Balaklava 80+
United 80+
Two Wells 1-39
Mallala 1-39

2 highlights tomorrow.
Kym Jarman plays game number 250 for us, massive effort considering he has travelled from Kapunda or Adelaide since he was 14.

Also looking forward to (hopefully) finally getting my carton of beer from norm11 that he still owes me from a bet on here about 5 years ago. Norm if you don't have time to call into a bottle shop a $50 note will do and I will buy my own beer. Cheers.
Good work Jars.

Norm, I know for a fact MC likes Cascade Light.
by OnSong
Fri May 27, 2016 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Anyone got a good **** horse FFS!
by OnSong
Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FYI Ian Naulty out for six for Hamley Bridge. Best contested ball winner with Brad Torkington so the Bridge will be pretty light on in the midfield.
by OnSong
Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From the Angle Vale FB page:

"TRIPLE M AND CHANNEL 7 COMING TO ANGLE VALE FC

More details to come and we will continue to promote this event. A very exciting day for the club that will draw a great crowd so tell your friends and family to get down and support us, MMM and Ch7 over these two days.

- Andrew Jarman and Dale Lewis will present the Triple M rush hour from Angle Vale FC on Thursday, July 21.
- Bruce Abernathy and Mark Soderstrom will also present Seven News sport from the ground on Thursday, July 21.
- On match day, 23 Jul against Mallala, Dale Lewis will attend the match, mingle with the crowd and do interviews into Triple M programs encouraging people to come along. Seven News will present the sports segment from the match after the game – and prepare a news story to air in the bulletin.
- In addition – Mark Soderstrom will play in the seniors.

Another great example of the growing interest in our club and opportunity to showcase the many options for participation in football that we offer the community."
by OnSong
Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely its time to move on.
Anyway well done to wilms for breaking the club record for balak last week.
Marty Pym tomorrow plays his 300th for the tigers. Not 1 game of b grade in that 300 and is still the first backman picked each week. Poor bloke has only got 250 odd games to go to break his old mans club record. :lol:
Was talking about this with Doug Hall just recently. Think Doug played 430-odd (both A and B).
Heath played 200 last year, 500 is just a distant dream for anyone these days. Incredible feat.
by OnSong
Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What's the story with Lochiel oval with this weeks game between HWE/MALLALA moved to the seaside? With the 1st semi 5 games away, should the league be worried? And if it isn't ready, when do they make a decision to move the 1st semi? Just asking.
My info is they've reseeded Lochiel and the cold weather hasn't been helpful for its germination, so the club is hoping the extra time and warmer weather come August will help it be in best possible nick.
by OnSong
Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Open Mike

The network clearly did it for a ratings grab but it came at Sheehan's expense, which was disappointing in my view.

To tell one of the more intellectual and experienced journos out there that he didn't have the mental capacity to have a discussion about a relationship with an underworld figure speaks volumes of the lack of intellectual capacity Jackson has.

His attitude to belting people also disgusted me. "Because they were Hawthorn, because they were looking at me!"

A deadset bottom swimmer who had ability but lacked the aptitude to apply it all correctly and goes on to blame everyone but himself for his own failings.

It rated its arse off but if they keep pulling these blokes in, it'll turn into a circus the same way The Footy Show and Triple M's Rub programs have.

Give me the compelling drama and humility of Barry Cable over this moron any day of the week.
by OnSong
Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Geez and the Dons won. What a weekend for you! Haha
by OnSong
Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty hounds wrote:
OnSong wrote:I haven't done the tally but I reckon MC would have won the tipping competition and has won the Plains Producer trucker cap. Any challengers?

I challenge! :D

by OnSong
Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cracking game of physical footy in the A grade yesterday. was good to watch!
It was. Congrats to Two Wells. Plenty of sore bodies after the game, think we had three with concussion tests (nothing untoward in any of those).
Disappointed to not go further in September (or September at all as it turns out) but probably exceeded preseason expectations to some degree.
by OnSong
Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I thought one of the most disappointing things on Saturday was seeing Virginia A grade players on the gate before 9am and then the A grade coach serving cans by himself in the can van at about 1pm.

I'm all for blokes chipping in but seriously, these guys have a grand final to play. We all do our bit for our clubs, Longies have players on the gate, think HWE does as well during the year, but on grand final day, that's really not going to be the best preparation for anyone IMO.

Maybe I'm being a bit precious. Dunno.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

How I long for Tit Monday...
by OnSong
Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks **** for the Seaburge place. Wont be quite the horror story I was enduring this arvo lol.

Thanks LPH fixed $7.50
by OnSong
Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

apparently Alex Starling to Virginia.

Will make a great Point Guard for the Virginia Basketball Club, any new football club recruits?

Heard at the Angle Vale Tavern on Sunday that Will Minson was being touted as the Owls new ruck man any truth to this?
Announcing Virginia Rams Recruit - Alex Starling joining the Rams for 2017. Described as a phenomenal athlete I've never seen a bloke cover ground like him. I've never seen a guy run from centre half forward to the goal square as fast in my life stated Paul Roos.
Starling is 196cm, 93kg "phenomenon"
Welcome to the Rams.

Just for you smart computer mouth.

What's a Mallala poster doing announcing a Virginia recruit? Jumped ship magpie?
He was just quoting what was posted on the Virginia FC facebook page.
by OnSong
Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

List not improved one bit, lost Lyons...

Never thought I would see that sentence TBH
Yeah funny how the haters never rated Lyons but now losing him has weakened our midfield drastically :roll:

Or how the lovers rated Lyons but now losing him hasn't weakened your midfield much.
Please, of our midfield group, he was good but our first to be dropped. No one is under any illusion of his ability.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I followed I Love It last spring, very eye catching run at Caulfield last October and went on to do some good things.

Baster gets the best out of this horse, probably more suited to 1200-1400m but I'll have a nibble at $61 to sneak a win or jag a place with a late flurry.

Race 3, number 3. Was going to get on Belsapphire but that was scratched showing similar odds.

Really liking Astern in race 5.
by OnSong
Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Playing this song while burning my tickets...

by OnSong
Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Salary Cap Investigations

Wonder where all the people saying "you'll never catch them anyway so it's pointless" have gone.
So you honestly believe only a couple of clubs were over this year?
Only the dumb clubs will get caught, there are far too many legitimate ways to bypass it
Only the dumb clubs will bypass it because it jeopardises the long term future of the club.
Watch them make a public name and shame if they can pin this breach on a club.
I would be wild it if was my club. Absolutely livid of the management's selfishness and greed to put it at risk.
by OnSong
Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:Off the mark...

I've heard West Adelaide?
by OnSong
Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rhys Darwin leaving Hamley for Golden Grove.
by OnSong
Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Anyone seen the Yelp episode of South Park. Classic food review episode.
by OnSong
Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This is a disaster for the club hosting Angle Vale twice as it will smash their home game budget to pieces.

Probably cost them well into the thousands of revenue, gate, canteen, bar etc.

Which is Two Wells. Ouch
by OnSong
Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Great to see Ronnie Stewart start getting some winners. Now based himself up in QLD and seems to be paying off.
Gives his horses every possible.

Rarely got quality rides in SA.
by OnSong
Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I fully recommend Mr Mick's too for something a bit different, ease up on the dishes though and load up on the pita, I think the meatballs were a bit crap for memory but everything else was superb, we ordered way too much, the soft shell crab was the highlight.
x2 didn't find anything I didn't like from the 10 courses we had. I think the reverse is true though and made the error of loading up on pita.

But I'm poor, loved the pita and dips.
I wasn't paying, work Xmas function, so load up!
by OnSong
Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Heard a story the other day about a couple of local farmers. Let’s call them Kevin and Mick.
Anyway, apparently Kevin decided it was time to drop in on his neighbour to see how he was fairing after such a long, drawn out harvest.
He pulls the ute up outside the workshop and shuts it down, only to have his ears assaulted by some very loud Tom Jones music.
The track, I believe, was ‘Sex bomb’.
Kevin cautiously pokes his head round the door and spots Mick, stark naked, dancing in front of his new tractor.
Kevin strolls over to the radio and shuts it off and says, “Oi Mick! What the heck are you up to?”
Mick looks shamefacedly at Kevin and says, “Oh Kevin, ever since harvest has been done, me and the Mrs have been havin’ a bit o’ strife in the bedroom.”
“Last week she sent me off to the doc. We had a real good chat, and then he told me to go on home and try doing something sexy to a tractor!”
by OnSong
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
OnSong wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I got a tip for pakenham r2 #3

Just checked the results and it ran 4th....grrr

Getable F4 with that tip, two faves and the 9. Very nice div.

Thanks.....Rub salt into the wound

You usually have a dip at the exotics. Disappointed in you
by OnSong
Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, the season previews for APFL clubs have started in the Producer this week, starting from the bottom of the 2016 ladder with Angle Vale and Hamley Bridge.

Credit to Kym Herrmann to step back into the coaching fold after what he's been through (admittedly his own doing) but it takes a lot to fight back from where he was.

Hamley, well, Goody has it all ahead of him after a handful of regular A graders left including the skipper, leading goal kicker and reigning best and fairest.

Full two-page season fixture too.

OnSong - what is your take on AV after speaking with KH? I look forward to reading the previews in the paper, but how do you see them going?
They've got a large senior squad.
Kym has a pretty decent gauge on who would be quality players etc and he didn't really talk up the quality of a lot of blokes.
Think the idea is build the squad numbers so colts aren't playing three games on a Saturday, and build from there.
A win over HB in round 1 wouldn't surprise, Kym seemed to think the lads did well in a trial against Berri but I'd find it hard to suggest they'll win more than 3 games this season and even then, the Bombers got the Owls by sizeable margins twice last year.
I'd back them in to be more competitive, that was Kym's way when he was playing, so expect a tougher contest, it's the least he'd demand.
by OnSong
Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:
MatteeG wrote:What is with leaving the hair on the bacon at these 'trendy' cafes?

'Rustic' or whatever, its **** off-putting as hell.

Thank the lesbians for that.

Comment of the year
by OnSong
Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the Anzac Day subject.
(Nothing against the Mallala and united rivalry)
But I heard the other day that the riverland football league play there previous years grand finalist on anzac day. Would make it a exciting fixture for everyone in the league and everyone has a chance to play in it.
What would everyone else's thoughts be if this were to happen?
Nope-Mallala/United brought all this together as a rival game and share each year, is this a idea so other clubs can get a piece of the pie??? Was originally thought of because of servicemen from the district of Long Plains/Mallala that served.
So you're gonna do it on Wednesday next year?
by OnSong
Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anthony is an absolute top bloke, who openly admits he made a mistake many many many years ago.

Not only as he gone a long time without a suspension he has become a dedicated family man who was attracted to country football by being able to have his family all play sport on the same day.

I'm lucky enough I get to chat to Ant on almost a daily basis at the gym he trains at and I know his gutters by this

Hope common sense prevails and the deciscion can be overturned asap.

Yeah agree but what other avenue does the lad have, someone was telling me that he was actually going to play for another APFL club but decided against it as they didn't have netball for his wife so he chose To play for united to facilate him and his wife. Then someone from that club that he was thinking about playing for might have gone and said something to the league in regards to his past ??? Hope the lad gets to play again.

That's correct it was his old club who now play in the APFL who brought his old suspension up to the league due to him choosing to play for another APFL club that could cater for his family needs better

The whole move was based around having his wife and himself play at the same ground on the same day being able to watch one another while also being able to watch their son while each other play.

They also feel it's a better environment for their young son to be around.
Are we talking about Angle Vale being the old club?
by OnSong
Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

ROOBOY18 wrote:Heard today that The Cougars have gained the services of young gun Alex Villis, Ex Norwood and state u18s. Should be a handy addition to what is already a pretty strong squad.......

Had the dicky heart? Was a good draft prospect
by OnSong
Wed May 31, 2017 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

whufc wrote:What's the standard of this comp like

All one dayers hey

Yeah, top three sides are very handy, standard falls away a bit after that, most sides have a handful of very good players and the bottom three players or so in the lower sides tend to be strugglers making up the numbers.
by OnSong
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, Nelson made a case for his first pick but his second pick sounded better value IMO
by OnSong
Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard people talking during the finals every week about maybe the APFL going the way like Gawler with car free Preliminary/GF finals, Yes/No? Car parking in the streets etc, Will locals kick up? Pension parking/Disable? Not sure it would work in the APFL but who knows.
As an outsider, I think a bigger issue is the finals format. Should be a Sat/Sun semi final weekend like the Barossa and Hills. Doesn't make sense why the team who finishes third/fourth and wins a 1st Semi gets the week off before a prelim.
I think it's solely based around finals gate revenue. It plummets for a 1st semi on a Sunday
by OnSong
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Final Tickets: Dos and don'ts

Sent off a thing to Today Tonight.

I've got this guy's number, photo, where he works, Facebook page. I'll sick Frank Pangallo onto him haha.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UPDATE: Local police have contacted my ticket scamming friend. Convinced him they are the real deal by quoting off some details about him only SAPOL have access to. Police have told him this matter will only continue to develop the longer he takes to pay the money back.

He's agreed to pay the money back this afternoon. We'll see! This is the third time he's agreed to pay the money back haha.

And??
Nada. Was meant to email me a screenshot of the transaction. Hasn't happened, despite his insistence he sent it. Lol.

Getting a call in the morning!
by OnSong
Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah. They either wanted Gumtree or Facebook. Would have happily had SA Footy on display. Maybe has a negative connotation though haha
by OnSong
Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ended up getting a ticket!
by OnSong
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The scammer lad has refunded my money. Officially in the bank account today.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Read the last few days on here mate, the feeling is more than mutual
No doubt, perhaps I have more parochial Crow friends than Port.

This place is hardly anything to judge on though, a lot of faceless avatars where people can sling some shit without consequence.

FWIW, I think Adelaide will remain in the hunt next season, Port will struggle to make the 8.
A fall from grace for Richmond wouldn't surprise. Still wondering how that bunch of squibs beat us so comfortably .

Well, Jacobs was left to ruck on his own, but the Richmond midfield read his taps better, Adelaide struggled to break free from the contest and Richmond tapped, scrapped, bumbled, hussled and did anything they could to keep the ball going forward.

Meanwhile Adelaide's forwards were playing statues, winning comfortably I might add, as the Tigers applied endless amounts of pressure to the Adelaide defenders who crumbled under the squibs pressure.

More?
Outcoached by Hardwick.
Butler, Graham, Broad, Castagna, Townsend all have premiership medals.
No joke, Port has a better side and coach than Richmond.
I can't believe it. Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME
by OnSong
Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2017 Grand Final : Adelaide v Richmond

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
How's that going to fix it?

His arse.

Dry toast to wipe his arse?

#SAFooty
by OnSong
Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a general comment on the FTA coverage of the major meets on Seven. I honestly find Bruce McAvaney much more bearable, pleasant even, hosting the races than commentating the footy. Weird. Seems to be much more relaxed at the gallops.
by OnSong
Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Retired with a season average of 65. Taking that to my cricket grave
by OnSong
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good Day :D

Winner @ $26 & $5.50 - Merchant Navy
2nd @ $2.80 - Sully
3rd @ $3.80 - Dixie Blossoms

Box Trifecta in the Derby 8)

Will give it all back on Tuesday ;)
Well done LPH. I usually read your previews but was crook on Friday and too flat out this morning. Missed out big time :(

I backed 4 in the Derby, shortened from $20 to $11 on the tote, which was enough to make me sad. Lost that much value I didn't really care it didn't run a drum haha.

Tough day, Shoals looked obvious on paper. Didn't include it in my quaddie. Landed O'Lordy in Sydney at $21 so not a complete disaster.

Nice work whoever else went well but I can't see too many happy posts either haha
by OnSong
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What are your thoughts on the Quaddie outside of what I did?

I really want to see the SA runners challenge Lubiton. Particularly Balf's Choice but if you consider Balf a chance, then Brown Ben must also be considered, while Jim's Journey put in a quality run Balak Cup day. I was on each way that day.

Really like Calanda in R9.

Haven't had a close look at R10 but Fuhryk's win last start sticks in my mind, while bottom weight Jamaican Rain appeals for some reason.
by OnSong
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
DOC wrote:Beautifully ridden by Kah.

Sure was.

Boon runnin' hawt!
by OnSong
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |