Search found 383 matches

Return

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Was getting my arse kicked while watching my lad play his GF on Saturday, put $60 in the account, was down to my last $4 bet and won $120, put a few $4 bets on for the journey home, get home to watch the last and won $220 off that.

Had a few winners yesterday while still watching the lads cricket, then they got bowled out so I thought I'd take $300 out on the way home from an outlet.

Did that at Royal Park, made one stop to get a 6 pack at Dan's @ Munno, get home, go to take the money out of my pocket and I was $50 short, spewing, more so now the missus knows I won money as she was trying to help me piece together my movements.
Just drove to the TAB and wow, someone handed it in!!!!
I've left $200 in an ATM before at Byron Bay. If I found $50, I would claim it and believe the universe still owes me $150 :lol:
by OnSong
Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

Brodlach wrote:I use to love going to the trots, was almost a weekly thing. Then I got married

Ah yes. Lots of things were weekly before that.
by OnSong
Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

COOL DRAFTS
Black book
Ran 7th
Toowoomba race 9 number 15 on Saturday 5/4/2019

Settled last of the 13 runners
Was wide before the turn
Flassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshed home late
Ran 7th beaten less than a length, should have run fourth

I advise watching the replay its 7th is seeing is believing
Another 50m it wins IMO
by OnSong
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

Anyone following SA Greyhound Tips on Twitter? Nailed the Murray Bridge quaddie last night. $36 for 100 per cent of the div, paid $1400 on SuperTab.
by OnSong
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: OAKSY Doggies Tips

DOC wrote:Get on?

I did but I chucked an omen number in the last leg, where he had the fave stood out.

So effectively halved my dividend but very happy all the same.
by OnSong
Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS Talk

How good Wayne Hill and Dave Borrett having it out with Mario Borg on Twitter. Brilliant.

Graham Fischer: No Easter cheer for SA harness participants. TABholdings past 2 meetings miserable. Don’t expect 10 races at Victor on Sunday to be bounce back. Market share dropping further than expected means poor handout return. Trend to continue in May. Participants and sport the losers.

Mario Borg: The funny things is that everyone seems to know what countries and HRSA are doing that is wrong but not one person like most of you blokes that finger point have plenty to say since 2015 have ever had the right fix come one tell us how to fix it

David Borrett: Maybe not screw the participants is a good start

Mario Borg: That’s not a fix come on Davie you seem to have the biggest opinion on everything that is wrong with everything so come on give the participants some real fixes that stops bleeding of $ from the industry

Wayne Hill: Everyone has the same opinion @Marioborg11, @Davidborrett1 is only one that projects it!

Lisa Lemon: Mario, the participants of the industry met & most the representatives weren’t there. There were solutions in that room the other night & I’m sure the participants could have come up with even more solutions if the narcissist leadership groups backed down & actually listened!

Mick Laird: We will be on Sky 3 Thursday and only putting the last 200m on tab radio

Mario Borg: These messages should be pointed to the SAHRC. Committee steps down racing back ASAP. The participants should be knocking on there doors and pressuring them not countries at the end of the day we all have the same opinion that the SAHRC has been miss guided and needs to be sorted

Graham Fischer: This the point @Marioborg11 - People are not arguing about any issue with SAHRC - they are saying the sport is being badly hurt by the actions taken to try and resolve by HRSA. Participants are paying the penalty when the problem doesn't involve them.

Chris Neilson: Which party will take blame when percentages hit 3-4% because that’s where we are heading. End of the day what do either party stand to lose if they screw the industry? Participants are the ones that will lose out not them!
by OnSong
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

norm11 wrote:Matt rogan. From the man him self. Played one game last season.

He played A grade round one against Virginia and stood Niklaus and cracked the shits after that game.
by OnSong
Sat May 04, 2019 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just not quite good enough to sit 3w trip.
But didnt die wondering putting it in the race.
Hands n heels last 300m so wasnt really pushed out so we can get 100/1 next start.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Shit ride, got checked twice apparently, I haven't watched the replay or received the trainers report yet, as much as I loved seeing Holder on board it was another first time rider in a big race.

I guess we're still yet to learn his strength's and weaknesses, my brother and I differ in opinions, he is only 3 years old though and there was no point in me speaking to any of the other connections on Saturday after 3:30pm, I was having a sook as once the race finished my afternoon went downhill very rapidly in many different ways.
Your brother is only 3 years old?
by OnSong
Mon May 13, 2019 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone find winner of race 4 at Morphettville?

Only had $20ew

I had $1 EW on Gunnedah Race 6 yesty. Led all the way. Paid $54 :lol:
by OnSong
Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lad I sit next to at work had a 5 horse place multi on the weekend which saluted and turned a $10 investment into $150.

Problem is they all won lol, and if he'd put on the WIN multi his $10 would have turned to $12.5k Oh no.
If i do multis i like to take them all win for a tiny amount, just in case....
That hurts.

Did this with JMAC one twilight meet at Canterbury this year. Think he ran 2nd four times. Didn't do it for place bets #-o
by OnSong
Mon May 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Any word on this week's Landmark Cup training? Was there an improved attendance this week?
Heard last night from the Mallala trainer in attendance there was about 10 so decided to have a bonding session in the rooms over some drinks.

Not good. Hard for blokes living in town to justify making the trip up to Mallala for training over the next couple of weeks with numbers like that. Feel for Gouldy - not sure what the answer is
Don't have four trainings.
by OnSong
Wed May 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LHM opens at $9.50 for Saturday, drawn the outside in barrier 10
Yeah, carpark again, although barrier 10 shouldn't be that bad in a 1550 metre race.

I'm not going to have a punt as the only time I didn't he win, it was also the only time the missus came and watched him run with me.

Positives:
Hurdle is back on board him and horse know each other well.
The trainer is extremely happy with his trackwork, in particular a run he had Saturday morning.
I'm not having a bet on him.

Negatives:
The carpark drawer.
Hurdle is generally hit and miss.
At this stage the missus isn't going to the track.
Bring your other missus then.
by OnSong
Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Loving the 5 exotic boosts a day at the moment.
Please explain?
Ladbrokes usually gives you 6 or 7 odds boosts, 2 singles, 2 exotics and 2 or 3 multis.

At the moment I'm getting 12, with 2 singles, 5 exotics and 5 multis. I rarely use the multis.

As I've explained previously, the best way to profit from the odds boosts is to take wide F4s for 1 per cent and boost it to 2 per cent.

It essentially doubles your ROI. Sunday I jagged 2 per cent of a F4 at Murwillumbah R6, which paid $14k. Returned $280 from a $6 bet.
by OnSong
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Send him to the paddock, bring him back at Gawler or Murray Bridge and we load up on him at around $6.

Should be entering 1200m races, that's his forté it seems, they just haven't worked out whether he needs to lead or come home, he can't do both and at the moment he isn't mastering either.

But yeah, he hasn't had a regional run and I'm forever hearing how great his trackwork is, I'm the first to admit that I'm a sore loser with this type of thing, I was filthy on Saturday.
Beaten by some good horses Saturday. I agree with you that it's hard to pinpoint exactly where he fits in the speed maps. Doesn't seem to have the finish as a backmarker. Thinking Pace or Off Pace probably suits on the evidence we've seen so far. Just hard to get to those spots from the recent gates. Promising early speed though, at that level he needs an easier trip in transit IMO.
Called it! Perfectly executed ride from the gate and was the best horse in the race. Got the split and choooo chooo
by OnSong
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easy watch...... GO LHM!!!
by OnSong
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:F***** stoked!

Fantastic!!!
by OnSong
Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The scoreboard attendant was an older gentleman with a British accent, at least to my failing ears.

Kudos to OnSong ; other leagues would do well to look at how Game Day is done.
There’s a number of people who have helped build up the content. But thanks for your kind words. It isn’t always perfect but I know a lot of effort goes into producing it each week.
by OnSong
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Tit Monday is nigh.
by OnSong
Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Go for it wrote:Hey guys, I’m going to Morphettville races on Saturday and don’t bet a lot or know much about the horses. If anyone has any tips Anywhere that would be great. Cheers

Todd Pannell and Raquel Clark will rarely let you down with a bad ride. Bound to back a winner or two following those jockeys.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Yet to see any markets but I’ve been told Waging war and Charossa will be hard to beat

Fave and second fave with TAB.com.au $3 and $5 a piece. Shrouded In Mist $6

Not a fan of horses going back in distance, as Charossa is here.
by OnSong
Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Balaklava Cup this Wednesday. Might well be the first I won't get to in some 10 years. Weather looks immaculate.

Will go through fields Tuesday night and post a preview.

I'm very wary of recent weather conditions somewhat replicating the leaders' bias we saw last year.

Early mail around Shrouded In Mist for the Cup. It's a McEvoy runner, Barend Vorster on board. Caught 3WNC last start.

Galloped the track Saturday morning and looked mint.
by OnSong
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Balaklava Cup Day! Good luck all

Race 1
1300m Maiden

Going with Angaston on top, seemed to stick on ok behind a good one in Defiant Dancer last start. Should get a sit behind Dubai House, which I expect to lead, but question whether it will see out 1300m first up. I like the look of a very green Oolong Gaze in its last run at Oakbank. If Sweeney has got it going straight, think it has plenty of upside. Jive Baby was honest enough last start at Gawler, just wondering about backmarkers on this track. If anything is making ground, Sowpods is a chance to sneak a place.

Tips: 1, 6, 4, 8.
Bet: Angaston should give you a sight for $3, small nibble EW on Oolong Gaze ($6.50) for the thrillseekers.

Race 2
1600m Maiden

Interesting market here with Elevenbee making its Oz debut. Travis Doudle bought it from NZ and he has some form doing this, with Jaguary impressing in its handful of starts in the past month or two. Market has it favourite with this in mind and some ability over the longer distances in previous starts. I’ll be watching on pace runners closely in Race 1 and if not much is making ground, consider Sassy Raider for an EW ticket. Sirius Journey also seems to be making progress and can improve further from its first run back from a freshen up. Wasn’t much between Chapette and New Testament last start but Chapette is half the odds. Not keen on either of them, nor Ironic Smile, which goes up 4kg.

Tips: 1, 6, 7, 4
Bet: Sirius Journey ($8) EW if the on pacers are holding ground.

Race 3
1050 Maiden

I loved the way Star Parfait went in its recent trial, seemed to be under a hold at the line and showed good early toe. Olive Grove also trialled up well, running WNC but cruising to the line. Kiroshima draws a barrier at last, has race fitness on its side but seems to find the last 100m a bit tiring. Same can be said about Nic’s Secret. One at odds I don’t mind is Cadelle, which travelled pretty well for second behind Sisstar (admittedly under a hold) in a recent trial. Stalagmite ran 4th in that trial and went on to get a second at Gifford Hill on Sunday.

Tips: 9, 5, 7, 2
Bet: Star Parfait ($3) to win, small EW on Cadelle ($20)

Race 4
1200m BM60

There’s a few here you’ve got to be fairly forgiving with to consider, given the market has them relatively short. Expect Apalachian to find a much better sit with Crowther on board this time around. Bwuva back in class and better for the run. Finding it hard to line up the rest, although I have seen Perfek run an ok race at odds here before.

Tips: 2, 1, 8, 5 - then 7
Bet: Wide barrier concerns me with Bwuva but has class, leaning Apalachian ($2) but not keen on going big.

Race 5
2200 BM60

I always find it hard to line up Chilean Wonder, form fluctuates like a yo-yo but out of the Grant Young stable, has to be respected. There’s word from the SA Footy camp that Aliris is primed for this one. Sagaab’s form improved last run under heavyweight conditions, while I’m interested to see how Todd handles Rock On Ivy, which was part of a Grant Young F4 here a few weeks ago. Money for Comfort Man too.

Tips: 2, 5, 7, 9
Bet: Track suits on pace = Chilean Wonder ($3.30), track even = Rock On Ivy EW ($7)

Race 6
1400m BM56

One that jumps out at me is Sylvan Crest, back in class with a good barrier draw. Oh So Unfair was a former blackbooker and has performed well in classier races. Doesn’t mind firm ground either. Not jumping out of my skin to back Miss Brixton here either. Forgive Miss Harmonium for last run? Hahndorf is an ok horse but would want $10+ to back it here. Look for Mabel Josephine late if track is even.

Tips: 2, 7, 6, 4
Bet: Sylvan Crest ($6)

Race 7
1050m Open Handicap

Domination trialled nicely alongside Parisfal, a Flemington winner, and its form since joining Grant Young has been very impressive to say the least. All Over Bossanova looms as the main danger. Really building an appreciation for the Will Clarken stable and he brings Columbia here in good order. Raquel Clark also hops aboard Tequila Time, and that’s always a good sign.

Tips: 5, 2, 11, 8
Bet: Going with Domination ($8) EW.

Race 8
1600m Balaklava Cup

I know Shrouded In Mist galloped the track on Saturday and after being trapped 3WNC against both Tatoosh and Wasabi Bob, it’s some value if you can get an EW quote. Wasabi Bob plummets to 51kg with Jerry Chau aboard. Charossa the class on pacer here, but back in distance which does cause concern. Still, like it to be there in the finish. Loved the way Dexter You Devil found a way late in its most recent win, while Waging War’s 1L loss to Behemoth was very credible.

Tips: 3, 1, 9, 5, 2
Bet: Charossa under $5 doesn’t inspire me value-wise. Will take EW odds about Shrouded In Mist instead ($8.50).

Race 9
1600m BM60

By now, I’m tired and at this point of the day, it’s genuine getout stakes. Since lobbing a $20 shot in the last a few years ago with a throw at the stumps by just backing 7, I’m going to do it again. Ballast, a winner at Quorn last start, will upset everyone here.

Tips: 7
Bet: Ballast ($20). Why the F not?
by OnSong
Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lightning McQueen wrote:Presentation: 10/10.
Information: 10/10.

Results: TBA.

Yeah, it really is all that matters hey? :lol:

Already a big push for Magno in R3, I left it out of my numbers. :lol:
by OnSong
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was having a poop day until the 5th at Belmont where my theory of Pike always coming 2nd on faves worked, the tri clawed me back .

I then went to back 10,11 & 12 for the exacta in the 4th at Bathurst and some f***** peanut was f***** around at the tab with his $2 keno and then when I went to put my ticket in he bumped into me, so I went to go around him and he bumped into me again then the race started, 12 won @ 17.60, 10 came 2nd, exacta paid $130.

Fair to say I was pissed off.
http://www.tab.com.au

Evolve mate :lol:
I have, I find the app closes off way before start time though, I also feel the need to screw the ticket up and aim for the bin when I lose.

I lost a bet last week on my phone, I had to borrow someone else's losing ticket to screw up and throw. :lol:
Should make a feature that allows you to tear up a bet in the app. Haha
by OnSong
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
helicopterking wrote:Thoughts on Having it as a Saturday Meeting?

Then it becomes a "city" meet and loses it's title as the biggest country meet in SA.

Yeah, "metro" meet it would be.

The only other date the club was keen on as an alternative was Geelong Cup day.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just saw Terry McAuliffe in Foodland Balaklava. Likes Love From Lucy in the first today. AR 1 #6 about $2.20 at the moment.
by OnSong
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
OnSong wrote:Just saw Terry McAuliffe in Foodland Balaklava. Likes Love From Lucy in the first today. AR 1 #6 about $2.20 at the moment.

**** it, logged on as they jumped.

Sorry team. It was late mail while discussing racing as Macca selected a banana from the fruit section. :lol:
by OnSong
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:Andrew Mitchell a likely nclusion at the ERCCA

The who???

Eudunda Robertstown
by OnSong
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The ride at doomben, very A Coome-esque like on craiglea jabiru

The Jab! We followed that thing to the glue factory
by OnSong
Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Andrew Mitchell a likely nclusion at the ERCCA

Andrew Mitchell the best cricketer to play in the Stanley over the last 20 years. Would easily have more hundreds than anyone else in that time besides perhaps Paul Meyer. Bowled a heavy ball back in the day too. Hits sixes over long off for fun.
Not doubting Mitchell's talent but Paul Meyer's record would surely far outweigh Mitchell's. That said, Meyer has batted on the lightning Brinky outfield for half his matches :lol:

I'd throw Ryan Darling's name into that equation too.
by OnSong
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The whole senior situation is a genuine concern though.

Funding is being pumped into female cricket, that's all well and good, I have two young daughters who may want to pay one day, but for large towns like Two Wells and Clare to be fumbling for a senior men's cricket side, Australia's national game in the summer, is farcical.
by OnSong
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Malcolm "Hank" Lamond sadly has lost his battle with cancer.

A fantastic servant of the APFL as an Umpire, Balaklava FC as a player, coach and committee member and a fantastic supporter of junior football.

Will be greatly missed. Condolences to his family.
Life Member of the APFL and Balak FC. Spent a fair portion of his playing career at Watchman.

Loved to talk footy. Lived for local sport. Battled it out in typical style.
by OnSong
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was messing around with $50 on BetEasy late Saturday arvo and whittled it down to $29.10 before getting bored and after some commentary pre race for MG1, I decided I'd just dump it on the fave, go the double up and retire for the day. With Ladbrokes, if I typed in $30, it would ask if I would like to just use the remainder in my account. BetEasy instead asks if you'd like to top up the amount with your card. With seconds before the jump, I was like "sure", bet confirmed. You can look at your bet while streaming the race and I clicked the ticket, potential payout was $700. I was like "whaaaaat?" and sure enough, I'd typed $300 instead of $30. Needless to say, this sure thing copped an early check from Box 6 and the entire race was a complete horror show. Expensive lesson. :Hangman: :vom: :cry:

https://www.tab.com.au/racing/2020-02-22/THE-MEADOWS/M/G/1/Win

Have a chat to them, explain what happened, I have a feeling you might at least get some of the amount back in bonus bets especially if you have never gambled that amount before with them. They will know your history.
If they know my history they would assume it was a matter of time before they got that money anyway. Ack.
by OnSong
Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Results went as expected on the weekend.

Interestingly Blyth have chosen to play at Balak. We know their theory but i reckon they have it slightly wrong. I guess if they win their captain is a hero, if they lose he made an error. We are pretty content playing at Balak though. Our style of cricket stands up to finals pressure very well, we have kind of adopted the anywhere/anytime attitude.

Look forward to it either way and now we are set for a pretty interesting GF regardless of this weekends result. If the Seahorses win we see a rematch of last years grand final upset, LN will be out for revenge. If Blyth makes it they will be playing in their first GF in 50 years appears apparenly.....since the 60's
I have a question you may or may not know the answer to.
Did Ryan Darling play cricket for Blyth like his footy? If he did surely they would've played in Grand Finals

I havent played against Ryan since ive been up here but funnily enough he played for Lower North when he did play up here for some reason. Played over 30 games for them averaging over 50.

He is talked about as being one of the best bats this comp has seen. Most have him in their top 3.

p.s quick mycricket check the last time he played was 2014/15 when it looks like he played a full season.
He played for Lower North because Lower North was formerly an association in its own right, which included Lochiel. His father, Wayne (not the SA player) played for Lochiel, so when Lower North was formed, Ryan ended up playing for the Buffalos.

Clearly the best all-rounder I've seen in the competition other than Cat Meyer. Brilliant fielder too.
by OnSong
Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mythical Creature wrote:Just got home from having tea at sevenhill. Looked like the sea horses were in full comiserations mode. Left when some old guy started making a speech about God knows what on top of a wine barrel. :lol:

Few better places for a pub meal in SA
by OnSong
Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

I've opened an account with Grant Lynch in NSW.

Offers 1st deposit bonus, referral bonus, top tote etc.

Sends me regular account statements. Can't complain about the service at all. Thought I'd give the small, Aussie operator a go.

No dramas so far.

What was the deposits bonus?
20 per cent. $50 referral bonus too.
by OnSong
Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would highly doubt a 7 game season surely they could make it into a 12 game season plus finals starting mid June
Season would end a few weeks later than last year and if cricket had to start a couple of weeks late wouldn't be an issue I wouldn't think.
7 game season hardly worth the effort.

July would be the best case scenario IMO, football wont start before pubs re-open and the word on the street is that they are looking at a possible July date, that's with social distancing rules in place.

With the variance of the comp in recent years it would be unfair if it was anything other than a 7 or 14 round season, otherwise you'd need to review the top 4 finals set up.

This year will be more of just getting out there and having some form of comp, it's a pity no one has good enough lighting for a night match, could chuck in a couple of mid-weekers for the A Grade only.

I'm praying with you mate, I want to get out of the house on a Saturday again, and I reckon all of the cricket associations affected will work with the APFL & BL&GFA in getting a decent season in.

How do you reckon a cricket association would go asking the football association if they can go a month longer?
Think that answers your question as to whether football could push into cricket season.

Total waste of time playing footy unless they can have a proper gate, bar and canteen. Not only a waste of time clubs, couldnt afford it.
Sponsorship has been decimated. Unless everyone plays for free, it's going to be an expensive exercise for some clubs.
by OnSong
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had a Ballarat quaddie yesterday, got the first three legs, missed the last. Oliver, prick.

Anywho, did an all up place my best 1 in each leg for $10.

First leg wins, pays $2.20 the place. Good.

Second leg comes second, $2.30 the place. Better.

Third leg comes second, $2.20 the place. Nice.

Fourth leg paying $3.60 the place......yes, yes, it comes 4th after packing up 50 out. Yes. Yes indeed.
The great game
by OnSong
Mon May 11, 2020 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Anyone seen the Sadler v Olli video?? [emoji23][emoji23]

Yeah, it's a stitch up but classic viewing all the same
by OnSong
Sun May 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

9 Strategic Phil in the last at Sandown on Sunday.

3rd up suits, retains Billy Egan. Getting $9.50 for it at the moment. Think it went around about $8 at Caulfield a few weeks back and this looks easier.

Also loved the run of 13 Flying Sardine ($15) a few weeks back and the 1400m should suit. Stackhouse on board too, who has been going quite nicely.

Each way odds about both but leaning towards Phil back from Metro company.
by OnSong
Fri May 22, 2020 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That’s fantastic still. Nice early shopping
by OnSong
Sun May 24, 2020 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We’ve been surveyed as a club but geez, as a *hopeful* player I feel like any premiership this season will have a massive asterisk next to it.

Happy enough to do a Mickey Mouse comp for something to do and raise from money from July or so but outside of that, I’d rather not have the season from this point.

So OnSong, if you win the "asterix flag" you'll refuse to take the premiership medal?
What do you mean "if"?
by OnSong
Mon May 25, 2020 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Early shopping again and I don't mind the odds about 3 Regardsmaree in the fourth at Caulfield tomorrow.

I've got a smaller bet at $20 with my bookie as I reckon she's more of a place hope but very impressive this prep.

Seems to be able to settle ok either on pace or back in the field, is fit, doesn't mind the sting out of the ground but goes ok on Good as well.

As honest as the day is long.
by OnSong
Fri May 29, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Did I hear correct that Jessen only got 6 weeks for breaking someone’s jaw behind the play?
Is there likely to be an appeal or anything further or is 6 weeks the punishment and everyone moves on?
Seems a bit lenient

He effectively got 5.
I understand Hamley have appealed this to the SANFL?
There is video footage of it doing the rounds.
The footage is damning and if it went public, the tribunal would come under some heat IMO
by OnSong
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LHM opens at $10 at Motphettville
Yeah, it's bewildering why he's dropped in distance.

He went to Melbourne because there were no 1400m races coming up over here, he copped a couple of big checks in a huge race and then was ridden very poorly in his two races over there, then brought back here to prepare for a 1400m this Saturday but nominated for a 1250m race??

There is also a rough plan to prepare him for the Balaklava Cup next year, and that's over 1600m, one would think that you'd be gradually increasing his distances.

Anyway, it's a 4 o'clock race so it will be a great time of the day to get a win, Sophie Logan is on him with a 3kg claim, only the Jessica Eaton ride is lighter, if you can run 1400m, you can run 1250m, I just hope they've got it out of their head that he has to lead early.
I can not warm to Sophie Logan as a jockey. Yet.
by OnSong
Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jockey Challenge

Kissick is $5.50 with sportsbet so took $11 with tab.
Cahill is $5.50 with Tab $4.80 with sportsbet.
And other way round with the sportsbet AOJ $3 with Tab and $3.80 with SB, Ryan $2.85 with tab and $3.40 with SB. Bit going on here!
by OnSong
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2021 Balaklava Cup Form

R1 5 The Map
Small field and this one appeals with 55.5kg after the apprentice takes his claim off. Early support from the market. $2.90 seems fair in an open race.

R2 4 Dorothy Rose
Really closed off well last start so the extra 200m is a plus. Eran Boyd has ridden this horse 5 times for 2 placings and should know what she’s got under the hood. Fave goes up in weight, different jockey, back in distance. I’ll take the known quantity. Market support also.

R3 8 Kungka Maru
Interesting race so looking at something with each way odds and a relatively consistent form line. This runner has some tactical speed and Gate 7 doesn’t appear to be a hindrance with limited speed drawn under it.

R4 9 Cibachrome
Inconsistent runner but rattled home last start at Murray Bridge and could pose a similar threat here. Really into it as it’s number 9 from barrier 6 (69).

R5 6 Lime Spider
Not a lot of depth here and not keen on the odds-on favourite. Go small each way on this one from the Darryl Dodson yard. Kayla Crowther rides into the placings almost 50 per cent of the time at Balaklava in the past 12 months.

R6 2 Hilumiere
I got stung by this sucker last time it ran here but maybe because it went via the car park. It’s a big backmarker with a booming finish. Claudia Lions needs it closer than last over the 1300m but back in class and can get the job done. Don’t hate the topweight here either.

R7 2 Morialta
Short favourite but like the form line over these. If you’re looking for value, watch the track pattern and if it favours leaders, look to 6 Domination and 4 Tanner as each way plays.

R8 6 Winning Partner
Last seven winners of the Cup have carried 55kg or less. Winning Partner won it last year. Teams up with Barend Vorster and Tony McEvoy targeting three consecutive cups. Yes please.

R9 Fight For Freedom
Number 7 in the last. Todd Pannell Rides. That’s enough for me.
by OnSong
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

carey wrote:Boys weekend to Melbourne this week.

Thursday night a band at some joint
Friday Double header at the G (Afg v Ireland and Aust v Eng)
Saturday the races
Sunday a hospital bed

Yes please.

See you there. Balak FC footy trip
by OnSong
Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:
RB wrote:1. Landing in Abu Dhabi ahead of my trip to the soccer world cup, and 2. Not working again until January!!

You staying in a tent or a shipping container? Qatar looks very underprepared

Fyre Festival areas
by OnSong
Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Morning lads. Seems to be a distinct lack of mail on here. Too many slips, not enough tips.

I've got a blackbooker running today at Benalla (yuck) in R2 - 11 Hotzel.

Ran a nice trial relatively untouched leading into this and the winner of that trial won handsomely on debut at Ballarat on Sunday. Was $4.80 last night. Into $4. Thinking it might hover around that mark.

Wednesday Sandown R7 - 6 Bold Bourbon. Ran a terrific and tough 3rd in Saturday grade at Mooney Valley last start. Came out of a strong race at Sandown the run prior with Marcolt winning that. Marcolt then ran a lip second in that same Saturday race at MV behind Fighting Arrows. 5th from that race, Liberated Girl, went and pantsed them at Mooney Valley on Friday night. Anyway, Bold Bourbon appears tactically versatile as it can run either on pace or back in the field. Went up at $14. Into $12 and I'll be staggered if it doesn't jump single figures.
by OnSong
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |