Search found 383 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Whoa! Settle down, we're getting silly now.
by OnSong
Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surprised to see Anthony Johnston has retired.

Congrats Johno on a great career. Damaging player for an extended period and all the best for the future.

Still don't know how to spell your last name. :oops: ;)
by OnSong
Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A man is fed up with his wife and decides to kill her off and claim life insurance on her death.
He hires a hitman, Ardi, but only has $1 to pay Ardi until the insurance claim settles.
Ardi agrees to the deal and follows the man's wife to Woolies. While she is doing her shopping, Ardi chokes the woman to death.
He thinks he's gotten away with it but turns around to notice the security guard in the store has seen the whole thing.
Ardi then chokes the security guard to death but police arrive and arrest him.
The headline in the paper the next day read: "Ardi chokes two for a dollar at Woolworths"
by OnSong
Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Four hours sleep. 3-5, 5.30 to 7.30.

I am cactus today.
by OnSong
Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

its more the wind that annoys me than the actual stock take, I did not spend 30 mins this morning doing my hair to have the wind go and mess it up.
and I didn't spend $90 on a manicure to have it ruined by physical labour.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/d8ba8dbbf158335854914ec091545a9c/tumblr_moxcm4rbYj1sx2peuo1_400.gif
by OnSong
Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riverland Football Chatter

I'm not taking anything away from loxton either slug but the umpires Were Shocking Yesterday and if something's not done about it ASAP it can very easily turn a great competition into an average one
The RFL is no longer a great competition. It has dropped off dramatically ove rthe last couple of years and would struggle against most other country leagues i would think.

Have to disagree with your last comment BC. The simple facts are all country leagues outside those on the city fringes are struggling. Towns are shrinking and services are dying. Add to that the fact many potential footballers are having to work Saturdays etc. I'd say most people in any country league would say their standard of competition had dropped in the last 15 years. Geez even the SANFL is dying. However to say the RFL would struggle against most other leagues is nonsense. Have a look at where your fringe A graders play in other competitions and most are still kicking around in A Grade competitions. All countty sport is struggling and the RFL is no different. The competition to really worry about is the Indies and those communities.. I am proud of the RFL and believe it is one of the best run country leagues going round. Our ovals and facilities are equal to any top country league and players from outside the region would agree. The disappointing problem is there are only 6 teams.
I should have stated they would struggle against most other comps with the same population etc. Not talking about the independent or mallee competitions but areas where there are the same amount of people in the community, I think they would definitely struggle against. Having great facilities and how well run the comp is has nothing to do with the standard of the competition. I definitely stand by my original comment.
Well you're a dickhead then.
by OnSong
Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Swamp Donkey wrote:I hear Newton (Westpac) Lyons is retiring at seasons end....... interesting to see the ramifications of this in 2015

*Lines :lol:
by OnSong
Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

The Dark Knight wrote:Hercules.

Saw it this arvo as I had the day off work for my birthday. Really enjoyed it, the Rock is massive! Lots of action and killing. My missus enjoyed it too after not being too keen on it before watching it.

Kinda like butt sex. Not the movie.
by OnSong
Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know this sounds harsh but does he even stand out in games? Isn't the idea to revoke permits when the player gets too good, not too tall?
by OnSong
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Birchmore a lock for the starting 18 IMO. Best players aren't always the best guide IMO. Blokes like James Wildbore hardly ever get in the top 6 but rarely lose their position. Slok has also only cracked the BPs twice. Hard one to pick without internal knowledge I guess. I try to compile one for the paper each year. Here's last year's (attached). I might get the Informer statistician to put one together this season. Which by the way, no one is reading despite making several changes this year. Don't know what to do about that. Anyway....
by OnSong
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I rate Tit Monday

Tit Monday:

This put it best. I didn't write it, for those who thought I did but i'll claim it if you want me to:

"Ah, Tit Monday. It's not that far off now...

That glorious day when, heading into work on the bus, or sitting on the train, you find yourself suddenly chirpier than you have been in months. You find yourself smiling at strangers again. There is a mild involuntary tumescence in your trousers that comes and goes throughout the morning with the comforting regularity of a heartbeat.

And then you get a text around lunchtime from a mate which says: "At last, Tit Monday!" And you instantly understand why you are so happy. For Tit Monday is that special day in the year when, for the first time, the temperature rises above that magical point which causes girls getting dressed in the morning to decide to show a bit of skin.

After months of dull colours and chunky knit, the world's birds suddenly dive into last summer's wardrobe (they've not had chance to buy this season's stuff) and chuck it on without a thought. Your urban landscape is suddenly lightened with acres of naked arm and leg and, after many dark months of burrowing, breasts rising to the surface like moles at dusk.

Big breasts in white work shirts straining at the buttons. Small breasts braless in vest tops, the nipples frotted by ribby fabrics. Breasts in summer dresses bouncing in the distance so that they catch your eye before you even notice there is someone wearing them. Breasts nudging out from the crowd at traffic islands, quivering to cross the road...

And you know it is nearly summer. For previous generations, the arrival of spring was heralded by the sound of the first cuckoo. For us, it is Tit Monday.

Not that it always falls on a Monday. Like Easter, Tit Monday is a moveable feast.

And then, of course, there is Tit Monday Night. You see, in early summer, temperatures drop off very dramatically when night falls. But the dollies are not prepared. Slightly stunned by the morning heat, they drag out the summer clothes but forget to bring a cardie (a mistake they will not make again until next year), so that when they're all standing outside the pub after work celebrating the arrival of spring, their barely covered nipples have no protection from the cold. It's like a Bring-and-Buy sale where everyone has brought hat pegs. It's like a prog-rock gig where, instead of lighters, everyone is holding up nipples.

So when will Tit Monday fall this year? Will you be the first to text your mates with the announcement? Do not shoot your bolt too early. There will be false starts. You will smell fresh cut grass and see a couple of early starters and feel compelled to declare Tit Monday. But your more level-headed friends will tell you to hold your horses, keep your powder dry, don't fire until you see the whites of their bra straps.

As the poet said: one bold Northern slapper in a bikini doth not a summer make."
by OnSong
Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

On the budget, what improvements would you make? Feedback will help guide next year's. Made several big changes this year and will continue trying to improve it, or abandon it all together.

Pretty sure you'll never please everyone. The team lists are in there, not sure what else people expect to be in it. Buy the producer or bunyip at the local shop before you walk into the footy if your looking for more info.
You won't find Adelaide Plains Dream Team in the Bunyip or Producer! #91points
by OnSong
Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey! That's like telling the kids there's no Santa.
by OnSong
Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No! There wasn't. Realised that Wednesday morning. Felt ill. Ack.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tit Monday tomorrow. Must be. Surely. Or have I squawked too soon? Is it a false start?

Geez I'm looking forward to seeing some boobs around. Long winter.
by OnSong
Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

whufc wrote:Good luck to them

Maybe the slogan is a bit corny and weak but who cares if its going over the top

Isn't the journey half the fun!

Problem is IMO, if they don't win, you've got a shirt celebrating a prelim final loss.

Yes We Ken. Oh wait, no we couldn't.
by OnSong
Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today is Tit Monday. Surely.
by OnSong
Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Sadly Savvy Smokin has been retired today, injured himself again and if he goes on it is unlikely to end well.

Best horse Ive ever owned from the early days when he couldn't win at Port Augusta to winning a $30k race at Swan Hill and winning over $100k. Had great fun with him.
Sad news Dutchy. All the best for SS
by OnSong
Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As of lunch time today, I'm bought back into the Racing game.

Whatya got?

Took a share in a 2yr old Filly by Strategic. Hasn't been named yet.Will be trained by Darren Weir in Victoria.
Returned from the breakers today and is off to the pre trainer for the next 4-6 weeks,then onto Weir.
Now to find away to tell my missus that we own a horse again. :?
T-7tqcLup08
by OnSong
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

grasshopper22 wrote:Heard a couple of Hamleys big name recruits may be on the move after only a short stint in the APFL???

Heard Dowdell, Stribling and Duncan had all met with WWT Eagles.
by OnSong
Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely not surprising? Not very often that guys on big bucks hang around for longer than a year or two..
Not going to guess how much they would have been on so as not to start a shit fight but surely clubs should realise that players that come out for the big $$ haven't come out to hang around
I'm not suggesting Stribling/Dowdell/Duncan didn't give their all or weren't worth it.. Hamley came away with a premiership, but one would wonder where they would be without the sort of money they allegedly pay players

I won't get into the whole 'sustainability or bang4buck' issue, but these three players were arguably the most influential 'imports' the APFL have seen for a while - all 3 had great seasons and performed when it mattered.
Maybe over this season but certainly not taking guys like Whitwell, Montgomerie, Niklaus etc. into account 3 mail medals, 2 runner-up's and a few hundred goals between the three of them alone.. This is without taking a lot of other people into account as well

Over a long period I agree, absolutely. But compare the impact these guys had in their first year compared to impact the 3 HB guys had in their first year. That said, if I wanted three of these at my club I'd be taking Montgomerie, Duncan/Doudell and Whitwell for reasons other than just pure football ability.
Romantic interests?
by OnSong
Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

Did bill fuller put in for kadina coach next year. Surely not. Taylor out for most of if not all of next year. Requires knee reconstruction

Is Taylor a chance for the top job at the Bloods given he will be unable to be a part of the action on field with his knee?
Would be a good coach, now a mature family man!
by OnSong
Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

So do kadina have a coach?? They would be a long way behind the eight ball with recruiting. After the big concert thingo they had surely they have $$ to spend.

Early favourite would be the bloke who's namesake started favourite in the Cox Plate just gone I reckon.
Faulkner? Classic cryptic reference
by OnSong
Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good to see mallala looking after the players who put alot of time and money into the club!!!! All to get a slap in the face.

James hasn't been paid a cent since playing A grade at mallala. Knowing he is a good footballer and having a family to support any other money in the pocket is a bonus. And im sure if mallala came to the party he would still be there. Oh well their loss.

I fail to see where the slap in the face has come from if this is all about the same guy.
As I believe if u are in the top 7-8 players in any A grade country footy (which james would be at mallala) being a local or not U should be getting a small or large reward for consistency over so many years and to be told no from ur own club would make ya feel pretty shitty. Agree or disagree?
Agree to a point but a club can't be held to ransom by local players requesting cash either...
by OnSong
Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Justin Micheal coach of Sth Clare
Confirmed. Was apparently approached by the Demons to do the job.

Has there been any indication that Justin's brother Lachie will follow him to South?

Gives plenty of momentum to the rumor from last year that he was off to South Clare... Could be the sealer heading into next season
Yeah he had met with them before the 2014 season.

He'll follow Justin across. Big loss. Gotta move on.
by OnSong
Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What is the rule in this league for clearances from club to club. I was under the impression that clubs can reject the first request for a clearance, but will basically be forced to clear the player on the second attempt, i.e. standard SANFL procedure as I understand it. This is obviously different to the Barossa league, whereby a club can refuse to clear to another club within same league (within 3 years of leaving original club???) ?

Anyone actually know?
Yeah, unless there's financial grounds, ie: player owing club money, then the clearance can't be refused.

Well, it can but ultimately the CFB grants it eventually. I think on the third attempt.
by OnSong
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interested they would let Beard go in Movember. Would think they would wait until December and then cut Beard free
by OnSong
Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Parish gone from Mallala A grade. Playing senior colts for Mallala. There. Everybody's right.
by OnSong
Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

heater31 wrote:
Johno6 wrote:

the media coverage of it makes me sick though

all they want is to be the first with the best ratings to say they reported it first.

Problem is the media coverage is what the **** want!

That's right. Exposure. Infamy. Ack.
by OnSong
Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hazbeen wrote:What about an eagles underage country vs city as a warm up to the port vs cows?

Yeah, like I said, a junior match of some description.
by OnSong
Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

Went upto belair

had an 81!!!! Was keeping score on an app I use as I didnt have a pencil.

Had a 43 front 9

Included 2 holes that were shocking and unlucky

Not many out there today which was nice

fairways were in good nick for them

The 8th green looks like my backyard.....still after all these years and my backyard aint in good condition
Sh!t course for a course in the hills IMO
by OnSong
Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tallan Leighton from Two Wells seen last night training with a SAAFL side
Brahma lodge???

The blokes a fitness fanatic, would be getting extra kms in the legs. His misses is the boss of Wayne knowles who coaches at brahma lodge, so they are good mates. Nothing behind it what so ever!
So you're saying he's signed at Brahma Lodge?
by OnSong
Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Golf - Where you are playing and how you go

I'd start by making sure the greens weren't an absolute debacle.
by OnSong
Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heard of a few potential ins, not sure how many will actually end up playing for them, but any ins will surely make a difference. It's hard not to improve when you get beaten by 100 points plus every week
Yeah, I'd hate to see them worsen, you kinda feel for them as it would be hard to attract players, pretty much like United though given they have such a small township.
Does anyone know the approximate populations of he towns in the APFL regions?
2011 Census (relates to locality, not specifically a town centre necessarily)

Lochiel: 362
Port Wakefield: 550
Balaklava: 1827
Owen: 634
Long Plains: 347
Dublin: 195
Hamley Bridge: 633
Mallala: 1047
Two Wells: 2293
Virginia: 1748

:shock:
http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2011/quickstat/GL_SA1635?opendocument&navpos=220

Takes in Windsor, Wild Horse Plains, Calomba etc
by OnSong
Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

and booting Coombe of has proved a master-stroke

it gets the cash at $3.70 and of course Coombe on the fav, runs 2nd!!!
Yeah, thanks for the tip MT, I got to the pub just in time.

Backed it outright on the tote, got to $4.60 fixed. Ack

Also did the 1,2 over 1,2, over field trifecta for 83%. Easy $70 from $20. :D
by OnSong
Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Look-a-likes

Clive Rose

Tay Zonday (sung Chocolate Rain)
by OnSong
Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Fleurieu Milks - Iced Coffee

It tastes real. That's what I like about it. Great stuff. I sent them an email telling them how good I think it is.
by OnSong
Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Given everyone is making things these days, I was inspired to put together this sculpture, called "Take notes while watching golf".
by OnSong
Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:
Johno6 wrote:kickinit

absolute legend of the forums!

Can't believe you took time out of your day to take a photo like that and post it on a forum
by OnSong
Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Perhaps I'm not making myself very clear.

If whoever's responsible for the maintenance of that tree had done their job in the first instance, this wouldn't have happened.

The wind was gone, there was no danger. What would the odds be of burning the neighbourhood down if it were left for an extra 3 hours

Ive been awake since 3am FFFS, everything is going to give me the shits today.

Including people who are shitty at me for being shitty.
I still don't get it. Can you clarify things further? Maybe draw up a sign to illustrate your point.
by OnSong
Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Pretty certain somebody will be able to give me some advice on this.

I got a speeding fine in October. I was driving the work car, so I signed a stat dec to declare it was me.
Receipt of that stat dec was received on Nov 17.
I haven't heard any more since. Haven't received a fine back to me in my name.
I've been told if you haven't heard anything in three months, then you're usually off the hook - it's got lost somewhere.
However, I figure they'll get me at some point. Bureaucracy always does.
But...there's that hope that remains that they have lost me in the system.

Anybody had experience with this sort of thing?

I've copped three speeding/red light fines in January in my work car. Takes under a fortnight to send out the fine after a stat dec is complete.
Worked out who Q is:
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2579427152/image.jpg
by OnSong
Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Hamley's team LAST YEAR would have had a good year in the BLG, but that's a spec$al case

Mate name a team that has won a flag in a decent comp that hasn't paid out some coin to have the best side (especially comps realitively close to Adelaide)... It's unavoidable whether you like it or not!

BLG for example, all of Barossa Tanunda and Gawler Central would have paid a decent amount to get their premiership teams on the park, and good on them, if they didnt spend it they likely wouldn't have anything in the trophy cabinet! This having a go at clubs these days for spending money is usually only done by sides who either wont spend it a finish nowhere or spend it on the wrong people and still finish nowhere.

Given your two lads have played at other clubs for $$$$ i wouldn't think you would be accusing clubs of spending it?!?
I'm not against any club spending money but there's spending money and then there's splashing cash. Ridiculous cash. CASH.
by OnSong
Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rock the Bridge has been cancelled. Brave call.

Forecast of 41 for Saturday probably wasn't ideal either.

Don't think anything to do with weather. if anything 41 is good sell more drinks.

more to do with sales of tickets. gonna be a lot of funraising to make up for it.

Big shame that didn't work out for hamley tho. But seriously was it ever gonna work??????
Lol
by OnSong
Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Few familiar faces in this ripper ad filmed at Mallala :lol:

by OnSong
Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They want him, he wants to play with his brother, if mallala have to clear him (unsure of that rule) then he will be gone!

Clubs generally end up having to clear a player if he wants to play in another association (at last resort via tribunal), but there is no obligation to clear a player when shifting between clubs in the same league.

I think you will find that is not the case. Ive been told enquiries were made to the SANFL & the SACFL with regards to a Hamley premiership local heading to Balak. As long as the player has not signed a contract or owes the club any money, then a club cannot hold them. Its not ideal if a player wants to leave but what do you gain from holding someone that doesnt want to be there?
Just to clarify, Tom Would played in Hamley's flag, was a Hamley junior, but has lived in Balaklava for three years and has married a Balaklava girl, who plays netball here.
He lives in Balaklava with his young family and wants to play in the town he lives in, rather than leave his missus and kid every Saturday.
I can understand Hamley would be reluctant to let him go, he's a good player but also a great club man. But his reasons are pretty understandable IMO.
by OnSong
Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would love to see who is the fittest from each club is and compare all there times.. Anthony pontt at two wells is a freak at most distances but when it comes to long distance Bryce hart runs like he is from Kenya!
Balaklava Triathlon March 15. Get them around it.

Anymore details OnSong?
Event Type: Triathlon
When: 15th March 2015
Where: Apex Park, Balaklava
Check in: Opens at 7.30am & closes at 8.15am
Race Start: (Race briefing 8.30am)
How to Enter: Return entry form with payment to Balco, ANZ, Butterfield Agencies, Balaklava Swimming Pool or post to Balaklava Swimming Pool, PO Box 52, Balaklava SA 5461
Entries Close: 12th March 2015
Entry Fee: $15.00 per child 14 yrs & under $35.00 per child team 14 yrs & under
$25.00 per adult $60.00 per adult team $5.00 per child for “Kids Event”
Designed to appeal to all ages and standards, the Balaklava Swimming Pool Triathlon is a unique and fun event where you can test yourself or enter into some healthy competition with friends and family.
To be run under Triathlon Rules.

There are three course options:
Turtles: 50m Swim – 2.6km Ride – 1km Run
Wombats: 100m Swim – 9.2km Ride – 3km Run
Hares: 200m Swim – 20km Ride – 5km Run

All courses offer individual age and relay team divisions.
Awards will be presented to each category. Presentations will take place following the event.
Lunch and refreshments will be available to purchase on the day.

Enquiries to: Ian Wilson Ph: (08) 8862 0029 E: iwilson@balco.com.au

You can enter a team of two or three, who complete various sections of the event individually. So one does the swim, another does the ride etc
by OnSong
Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TROTS 2012 + 2013

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Punters with combo involving the 6 for 3rd blocked up tattsbet phone lines for an hour after the race.....

http://www.harness.org.au/video-replays.cfm
It's like a clear half length third. Haha. Peaking!
by OnSong
Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General tv discussion thread - good, bad, axings etc etc

HH3 wrote:Sorry.

Should've given you a warning before I said anything.

:lol:
by OnSong
Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snags wrote:Also see balak have denied Lachy Michael a clearance to go with his brother?

Admin error. He's cleared.
by OnSong
Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

hairy cat wrote:
OnSong wrote:
Snags wrote:Also see balak have denied Lachy Michael a clearance to go with his brother?

Admin error. He's cleared.

BEAUTY

And we've cleared Dawson to Lauderdale TAS, his course starts April 13 so there he goes too! ****!
by OnSong
Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |