Search found 12 matches

Return

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

I reakon there's more interest in the status of the Power reserves team than the competition they play in.
by topsywaldron
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port's Six SANFL Guernsey Designs

Reading isn't that difficult.
So history only count when you remember it?
Thanks for proving correct my original statement perfectly.
Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Never said it didn't exist. The reason why I remember 1989 is because I was there. I didn't live through 1905 that's why most people you talk will remember 1989 over 1905. You can keep dreaming and trying to make out PAFC plays no part in SA football history all you like. At the end of the day deep down you know the truth, which is usually the complete opposite to what you type on here.
Port Power's history dates back to 97... Anything before that is a whole different club... However when it suits the the power faithful, they are one club again and all there history counts...

Powers one flag doesn't count towards magpies premiership tally. ..

It certainly doesn't count. The power flag is a AFL and the Magpies are SANFL. The power's history does only date back to 1997 but the PAFC dates back to 1870. To me we have always been one club power playing in the AFL magpies playing the SANFL and both playing for the PAFC.
by kickinit
Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

hmmm...what a grand old final it was.
had wickets galore....very little runs...had disputes in both innings ....maybe a little too far at times...
but bloody hell.. what a game to watch....enfield on top...fitzroy on top.. then enfield . then fitzroy. the way a gf should be.
both teams played hard . and wrighty, I for one fully understand how you can get caught up in the heat of the moment mate, its called giving your all and regardless of your score you gave your all.
fitzroy, hats off to ya guys, never gave up at any stage. well done. steve giglio (excuse spelling) ? well done on a stella career mate, you will be sorely missed by alot of players. what a way to finish of your career ...premier player.
auto , if you do pull the pin as well, you also my friend will be a great loss to this assoc.
good luck to all in what ever next season brings.
by dark & stormy
Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

Such is the sorry mess of the SANFL.
Non Power Magpie supporters have been truly been shafted by the promises from the One Club vote.
But what do you expect.
Where were these people when the Power went into the AFL and had pretty much 100% support from members?

Port Adelaide knows very well that 95% of Port Adelaide fans are behind both the Power and the Magpies. Our loyalty as a club is to Port Adelaide in both forms, not to a weird minority that support one for some weird reason. And our overall membership numbers(52k and counting) shows that we've made the right decision, so all you fans of other SANFL clubs can take your worries elsewhere.
by Leon_LeCornu
Sun May 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

beeroclock wrote:
carey wrote:Well after reading all this who the F**k is Rosewater? It's Ingle Farms Cup for the taking! 8)

Shite stirrer.
Grow up.

I'm 6ft 2 mate I'm happy with that.
by carey
Mon May 12, 2014 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Any news out of the exec meeting last Monday night??

Have any clubs begun planning for next season? Enfield have an informal meeting this Friday to begin mapping out plans..

Only new out of Rose Park that i know off, is that Cougar has been practising running between the wickets since March, this is between his Beyond Blue meetings he has been going too..
by The Informer
Tue May 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I volunteer to work forty hours a week. And get paid for it.
by Q.
Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dr Phil wrote:ill have $5 on barclay for the norm smith.

$5 @ $8.50 - $42.50 good luck Dr Phil
by Phantom Gossiper
Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2014

Dear Mick (part 4)

Mick, we need to talk. Can you tell me what this means - 1k, 1h, 0m? No, it's not km, hours and minutes. It's beanstalks stats. 1 kick, 1 handball and 0 marks. And he played the entire game. I know subs that have done better! At one point he (Robert Warnock, just in case you weren't sure who I'm on about) managed to not only NOT get to a contest with Martin's brother Mike Pyke, he then didn't get to the contest where Martin's brother kicked it to. He did manage to roll into screen just as the umpire advised our defenders of the mark though which I thought was great mobility. Mind you, he did get 36 hitouts, less than 1/4 to advantage. He's more of a passenger than that old bird in "Driving Miss Daisy", so time for him to go - or at least to suffer a season ending injury? Actually, just on Daisy.....well, normally when a player, when a recruit goes to a new club they try and fit in by getting a guernsey in the 'first 22'. Not Daisy, cos even he knows he doesn't belong.

And just on the game....what's with allowing Parker to take an uncontested mark in the goal square against three of our finest defenders? Taking Jenna's Jameson's brother Michael off of Buddy at the start of the third (luckily it didn't cost us much)? Having no forwards in our forward line - so that if we did get a centre clearance we had no one to kick it to? Kicking across the ground at half back (badly) to blokes standing still, 1 on 3 when the SCG is the shortest ground in the comp? Our forwards, when in position would've preferred it in quickly I would've thought, rather than have Bruce Reid, Reg Grundy and Viv Richards drop into the hole?

But I think your ploy during the week of stating that Sydney were the best side since some other team you've never coached and never will was great. It meant when we were eventually let down you could say "I told you so". And at your press conference, when Sam Lane asked a question, rather than treat her with complete disdain, you should've just said "Sam, I know you're a Carlton supporter, but I did tell you what would happen".

Now, I would like to talk to you about having a go at Lingy at half time. That's like taking on the local handicapped kid (or red headed freckled kid) at the playground. Easy to do, but gutless and unpopular. You can't recant it by saying "I was talking to the crew" because he is the crew. Mind you, you've got form in this regard with Milney haven't you? Oh, that's right, despite everyone being able to lip read "rapist", you were instead saying "Hey Stephen, I hope you have a nice day tomorrow at the races". Complete misunderstanding of course. Remember, kids look up to you. So please rack off back to Collingwood where they'll defend you to the hilt with such rubbish behaviour. Pillock.

So Andrew Walker is done for the year huh? How about putting him in the forward line next season? He (before you got there - yes, there was a BM (before Mick)) was a really good forward, kicking 50 odd goals in 2011. Our best year in recent history. Hey, you know what would've been better? To keep Laidler in the backline rather than trying to make him into a forward. Hey, just on that, Laidler might just play in a GF. You remember the bloke that wasn't good enough to play in our backline - he's playing in the backline in the best team in the comp (as noted by you!)? Shit you're a good judge.

The only thing I've recently agreed with you on is that the free agency favours the top clubs and that something needs to be done. Cos lets face it, at the moment, who the hell would want to come to us?

And I think you have to have to put in a call to the AFL. North (Fri), Freo (Fri), Gold Coast, Geelong (Fri), Port (Fri), and Essendon. Four Friday night games to finish the season off, showcasing our talents in front of a huge national audience! But all teams above us! When you have dinner at Gill's joint, you might complain about playing sides above us for the rest of the season.

Mind you, if we're 5-17 at the end of the season, that'd be reason enough to go to the board, plead how bad we are and ask for another 5 years. If so, please put a fork in me cos I (and a 1000 others) are just about done.
by gadj1976
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Can't wait for cricket season. Especially with the crows form
by bennymacca
Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Id have Roughy over Buddy
by mighty_tiger_79
Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PDCA 2013/14

Just a thought on following on from Lightnings t20 comp

Not only could it be a stand alone comp, rather than having teams in individual grades could we have some form of A Grade (FA Cup) style knockout comp.

Would give teams the thrill of taking on sides they may not have played I years, an element of giant killing for teams in lower divs wanting a crack at the big boys and then the excitement of the unknown from the draw
I like this muchly

You could also do the same thing for b grade sides so they have their own comp and if games matched up potentially double headers like we see in amatuer footy

B grade- 12-3.30
A grade- 4-7.30
by whufc
Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |