Search found 8 matches

Return

Re: Rnd 5 - South v Eagles @ Hickinbotham (Sun 4/5)

Hhhmmmm an Eagles supporter telling others to look after your own backyard!!

Is this the reason why you merged because your "Backyard" was in such great order??? Or was it because you were a Basketcase????

Our backyard is just fine but thanks for asking. We've won 3 premierships in the past 23 years including 2 in the past 8 years. When did you win your last premiership.

thanks for asking...obviously new to this league are you..? it was 1964- 50 years ago.
Coincidently that was the same year that half of your now merged team came into the league. Simply one of the worst decisions the SANFL ever made putting yet another team into the Western suburbs. Of course, it all eventually ended in tears when the going got a little tough for you and you jumped into bed with your next door neighbour. South were 5 minutes from folding in 89, but despite the fact that we were broke, and yes grossly unsuccessful, here we are still going 25 years later, still existing in our own right. :D
by blueandwhite
Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 6 LIVE scores

norwood8 wrote:Eleni Glouftsis is a deadset joke, she has absolutely no feel for the game. Being gifted experience at this level because of her gender.

One the most rubbish posts I have read on here in a loooooong time :roll:
by Big Phil
Sun May 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Next four TV games (including today) are all on Seven's main channel.
ROUND 7
Friday, May 16
Norwood v Adelaide Norwood Oval 7:40pm 1197RPH 7:30pm

Saturday, May 17
Eagles v North Adelaide Woodville Oval 2:10pm 107.9 Life 1:30pm
Glenelg v Central District Glenelg Oval 2:10pm SEVEN 2:00pm
Port Adelaide v South Adelaide Alberton Oval 2:10pm 1197RPH 1:30pm

Sunday, May 18
Sturt v West Adelaide Unley Oval 2:10pm 1197RPH 2:00pm

Channel Seven have just advised the SANFL that they have changed their mind and want to televise the Port v South game, instead of the Glenelg v Central one, so that means Channel 7 and 5RPH have just done a straight swap.
by Big Phil
Mon May 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 19- South v Centrals @ Noarlunga on Saturday

South not quite good enough when it mattered. Struggled for most of the day before booting 6 of their 10 goals in the final term to tease the supporters. Had a few other opportunities go begging in the final term that needed to be taken advantage of, given there was no room for error by that stage.

Congrats to Centrals on making the finals, hope you can go on and win it. Given South spent all but 1 or 2 weeks in the top 5 this season it's especially disappointing to miss out though.

A few of our guys were exposed today, as ideally 6-8 of them would be playing ressies. No excuses though, when the game was there to be won our skill level and decision making (and game-plan?) was poor.

Irra, Crabb, Seccull, Overall (4 goals), Bass and Rose named in the best. Cross being kept to just 2 (!) kicks and 17 handballs a rare sight and obviously crucial. Will win the Knuckey Cup by a large margin.

A terrific crowd I thought today (unusual saying that these days...) especially for a TV game, certainly a lot of South fans seemed to come out of the woodwork (where were they all season?!), while the Doggies fans turned out in force. Some good banter under the shelter at times.

After last season's September run it's bitterly disappointing not to be involved this year. Hopefully we can retain the bulk of our list, add some (healthy) recruits and see a few youngsters make their mark in 2016. "What might have been..." best sums up 2015...
by saintal
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I don't think it's funny - more... inevitable. Unless a significant, strategic and practical restructure is undertaken. Also keep in mind I don't associate the death of the SANFL with the death of the clubs. So whilst it is true that I have no time, sympathy or reverence for the administrative wing of the SANFL - nor their cronies, nor their anti-Port militia in the media - I do however have all of that and more for you know, the actual clubs and the people (including the supporters) therein.

All perfectly fair and reasonable.

Having said that the delusions, hypocrisy, bias and grim grip on yesteryear by sad and bitter old men in this thread...? That I do find funny in a macabre kind of way.

The thought by most AFL supporters in this state with little to no interest in the SANFL, that the SANFL fans are all stuck in the competitions glory days is miles off the mark. We all understand we play 2nd fiddle (with daylight in between) to big brother, and that's fine, we just want our own competition to be fair and equitable, and thriving at a lower level, and dont see it as an unreasonable wish. We're happy to be the breeding ground for players talented enough to progress to AFL, although we don't want the competition to be exclusively for that purpose. We're happy to have those that fell out of the AFL because they generally help with the standard at our level. But the competition to the genuine SANFL fans requires a level playing field to be meaningful to supporters, many of whom have had multiple generations of their family involved with their club.

We don't expect our games on primetime TV, we don't expect multiple pages in the Advertiser, we don't expect the radio stations to discuss the competition for hours on end. We realise our place in the pecking order.

The problems we're faced with today aren't entirely due to the AFL clubs existence in the competition either - The biggest issue imho was/is the financial health of the clubs.

So whilst we love to reminisce about the glory years, we'd be more than happy if the comp resembled what it did 5 or 10 years ago (with or without local AFL listed players).

I don't believe there's a simple fix, just putting it out there that what we want, isn't what a lot of people make it out to be,
by JK
Mon May 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL ROUND 14

Righto, this weeks prognostications:

Sturt to prevail over the Bulldogs in a close 'un. Rune Gilfoy to get a run purely on the basis of his name and will dominate, in which Roy Laird will admit post-match that 'we've been runed!'

The Eagles to account for North, who'll probably go down in an honorable loss after playing three quarters of good footy. Debutante Jordan Sweet finally gets a chance, and will win the hit-out count leaving a sour taste in the Eagles mouth (beak?).

South to stop the Bloods' winning run in another close one, a couple of key outs for Westies swinging it in the Panthers' favour. It'll be level up to lemon time, then Bates will catch Crabb midway in the last, forcing a turnover that changes momentum but tastes horrible.

Norwood to knock off the PoSAs in another tight tussle. Attending Crows fans will receive a complementary set of industrial strength earmuffs to prevent permanent hearing damage from the complimentary titanium strength drum-kits that Norwood fans will receive upon entry. Also, if played in the ruck, Pinyon might steer the Crows to victory.

Power reserves to avenge last week's loss and comfortably knock off the Bays. Look out for Martini from the Bays, though. Cops some ribbing for his surname, he's often stirred but never shaken.
by Magellan
Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Ken Farmer Medal

I think the last kick/handball out of bounds rule has inadvertently been responsible for less goals the last few years. From what I have seen the majority of these infringements are paid in the forward line of the offending team. What would usually be a boundary throw in deep in attack and a chance to set up for a score, is now a ball rebounded out of the attacking 50.

I could be wrong but it seems like not as many goals are scored in recent times.
by PatowalongaPirate
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |