Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: HFL Central Division

Wow - your mail is way off the mark and incredibly inflated guys.

I would think we are more like half of that.

Comparing to Uraidla, Lobey, Mt Barker, Ironbank - and now TV to name a few.

As I mentioned before we are quite lucky that the players who we do look after are not mercenaries and are playing for the right reasons.

if we hadn't gone into Central we would have lost quite a few to Central clubs for the level of footy played and they were offering a lot more money than us.

The guys have a point to prove that we are competitive with a relatively unchanged side from Country.

They were also sick of flogging sides by 100 points and playing some weeks against teams a long way away.

Ironbank and Torrens Valley certainly are one of those sides, but Lobey? Think you have got your mail there wrong Legs. I went through their side that played Blackwood on the weekend and there was 16 players who have played Junior footy for the club, no way are they forking out the dollars compared to others running around. They even tried to lure Jesse Aish but was out done by $$$ to your club. Keep digging pal, you'll strike gold eventually.

I'm positive I read that Legs man stated his club pays moderately so there is no hiding there. Why would Aish go to Lobey when he is an Echunga premiership winning junior?! The facts seem to be that echunga have recruited only two walk up start A'grade players, they couldnt afford O'Sullivan (also according to you) but yet they're still big spenders? WTF!
Mate please pick a point of view and then attempt to not compleely contradict yourself - because thats :oops:

So why did Aish go to Barossa Districts in 2012? Why didn't he back to his former club then?
by Under_Scrutiny
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2018

Nairne Premiership player Jeff Lines to OSB along with Walkerville A Grader Max Cooper!! Is it too late to put these guys into Div 6? Give them the flag now :lol:

Unless they're all returning juniors or players, surely points would be an issue for them? Will have great depth though...

Jeff Lines is a returning Lonsdale Junior and A Grade Premiership player. Since they have a chance to not lose by 20 goals every game many former players have returned. Plenty of 0 pointers amongst the recruits.

So what you’re saying is.......

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNg1z_tqFB9MNrh6e0flvUc1S-4kd3fyiwVeu7Tv2WvxMRn-3_-RzP5kQH
by Under_Scrutiny
Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2018

old fullback wrote:I reckon I counted 11 or 12 different names in the Farmers side from the 2017 GF Team.

More shocked you could count tbh :shock:
by Under_Scrutiny
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kodakman wrote:Wayne Knowles is offended by the 5XL jumper quip. He's ordered a 15 XXXL to play for Ramco this year with his 170 kilo frame.

And taking what good players Mitchell Park had left with him :shock:

Morell was right!
by Under_Scrutiny
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The_Informer wrote:Did they clean up the rooms before they left?

The irony of Central United complaining about what opposition clubs do in the away changerooms :lol:
by Under_Scrutiny
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 7 - 2019

If we go on last year's performances central United would be the favorite to take out the Div7 Flag in 2019 alot of young talent developing out at mofflin
Totally agree if we go on last years performances St Paul's, TTG (if in the comp) and Mawson Lakes all who finished higher than Central United will definitely not be the favorites in this comp
by Under_Scrutiny
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

B-Train35 wrote:Waikerie lads Coombs and Barrow big ins for Lakes.

Plus Lynch, Jenkins and Curyer from Salisbury West and Mattner returning you'd think they'll be a lot better than last year
by Under_Scrutiny
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What were the results in both CU v Lakes games?
A Grade - CU 3 pts
B Grade - ML 12pts

Last kick in the game off the "A" Grade apparently. I think they where celebrating the win and forget to put the scores up. :D
Some imaginative time keeping i'm hearing from the CU official who was intoxicated is the rumor?
by Under_Scrutiny
Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2020

A footy club close to Para hills and pooraka trained last night and had close to 35 on the track.
Good numbers for Mawson Lakes.
A lot of INS in the transfer list for Mawson Lakes I guess time will tell about the quality but I can say Isaiah Blumson is a massive get for them and will tear up Div 6 if fit!
by Under_Scrutiny
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: COVID-19

Whispers about a very high ranking Div 1 team trained on Saturday morning. :evil:
by Under_Scrutiny
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Great Southern Football League

Big Night Jackpot Jim? Have the Players ventured to that Great Establishment, Potts Winery? You know the one, i'm sure there's a few sore heads around.

Hmmmm
Putting the same post up 3 times may suggest i was having a Big night :oops:
nah, im not one for over the top celebrations
I think Lake Breeze would be more their winery destination.
Sore Heads ?? :partyman: :vom:

Old Lake Breeze Winery should have taken a punishment over the last few years from the footballers. Tremendous servants of Langhorne Creek FC are the Folletts.
by Under_Scrutiny
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

Thankyou COVID

Saturday 28 November
SummaryMin 24Max 40Very hot and mostly sunny.
by Under_Scrutiny
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Calm ya tits mate, open forum. If you don’t like the chat then don’t be involved.
I’m well aware of the who said this and who said that bullshit.
Just what I heard and never said was true.. just what I’ve heard. And I don’t really give a shit.
But this is a forum and if you don’t like the word getting around or false, misleading or possibly true word that get out...
than don’t read the bloody forum!!
It’s happened a million times before and it’ll happen again.

Yes because no one has ever been nailed legally for a false slanderous accusation off something posted on an open forum before......

The density of this is amazing.

I understand your frustrations about being tarred with the same brush, but the man has done some pretty shit stuff... and quite a few clubs have been tarnished because of not only his reputation, but his actions. I know quite a few people at several different clubs that rate the bloke... I’ve seen first hand some behaviour that made me not want to be involved with a specific footy club anymore, and I left because of it.
As long as he was involved in your club, you are going to cop accusations. Don’t like it, but no need to fight it either. That only fuels the keyboard worriers.

Spot on. Won't need to fight those accusations anymore. He'll be done with local footy and won't be attending any premiership reunions either. You'd think an inevitable holiday will be given to him.
by Under_Scrutiny
Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

O'Brien, Coulson & Read were 3 that played against PNU in Round 5 but didn't suit up against Brighton on Saturday. It was reported on here that SPOC were also banged up after the PNU game and assume those 3 were part of that. I didn't hear anything on Saturday as to what or how severe the injuries were to those guys. SPOC shouldn't lose any friends from Saturday's performance. It was an arm wrestle all day with Brighton just finishing the stronger.

SPOC's hand was forced on Saturday with those guys missing and played a lot of kids. Certainly weren't disgraced on the weekend.

O'Brien will return before the season ends and with that will be thereabouts come finals time.
by Under_Scrutiny
Wed May 19, 2021 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Do Mallala go bang bang out after finishing the season undeafeated? Like to know everyone’s thoughts….. I’m backing Balakava in a close game
Bang Bang it was, Well done Balaklava.
111 point turn around
Gotta be a record

Have Mallala ever gone out in straight sets before? I can't recall it happening in the last 20 years at least?

Did hear Mallala were a bit banged up after the Semi Final against Two Wells, but like many couldn't see Saturday's result coming.

Surely the Roosters in the box seat now to send Cheeky off with a well deserved 'Thankyou' flag.
by Under_Scrutiny
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grade Cricket

The Hattrick ball in the Kensington game was 100% a bump ball. Shit decision by the umpires

Just watched it. Terrible decision.

What were both the umps doing? Surely between two of them they could have worked it out. And what were the Woodville blokes thinking with their arms out wide like aeroplanes? One hand one bounce stops at backyard level.
by Under_Scrutiny
Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

Saw some Z grade footy on the weekend and no boundary umpires is ridiculous. Field umpires were relying on the players calling it. Going to be trouble when a close match is involved.

Reduce the age to 12 and pay the kids!
by Under_Scrutiny
Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL media

AFL in a world of pain

The media/press won’t let on crowd figures (print the crowd numbers you clowns!) down as it doesn’t want to bite the hand that feeds it. Blind Freddy could see there were SFA at Adelaide Oval on Saturday night and other grounds around the country.

AFL force feed AFLW and then pump its chest out making AFLW the highest paying womens sport in Australia. I would love to get 100% pay rise when my workplace doesn’t make a dime.

Community Footy in a world of pain underneath the big fat cat. Players, volunteers and umpires in desperate need.

Good luck to the next CEO of the AFL. Gil might be jumping here before he is pushed. Crowds dwindling, people turning off and the game is not in a great state.
by Under_Scrutiny
Mon May 23, 2022 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |