Search found 2 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Any truth to the rumour of Scott Galbraith to Virginia for $700 and him being their boom recruit?
And Ricky Thomas to Longies for $550?

Both dramatically overpaid IMHO.

Scott Galbraith played at kilburn the last 3 seasons and averaged about 5 kicks in each season.
Ricky Thomas played at Salisbury North and has been living in the shadow of his younger and better brother Daniel Thomas.
Are they overpaid? I'm saying yes, but time will tell.

A bloke from div 3 getting $700? Would wanna be a key position.
Played on the wing and struggled. Heard he will play half back. Have already heard rumours of Thach playing half forward against Virginia to exploit Galbraith's inability to man up and chase.
by FroffiesMcVeigh
Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HFL Central Division

Legs Man please STFU

EVERYONE is sick to death of the HFL bashing.

The points system is working IMO, i honestly believe it has evened things out. It still plays into the hands of the clubs like your own with DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP pockets, but no system will ever change that.

I was a massive Echunga fan for what they were able to do last year until you got on here and started ranting. You had every right to challenge as the rule was poorly written and the correct judgement was handed down. So move on, and like others have said, spend your energy making the competition stronger. Not taking every opportunity to tarnish the best country football league in SA.

I am entitled to an opinion - as everyone here is!

It seems that the system is still flawed with respect to points allocation - particularly between Div 1 & Div 2.

Certainly not trying to tarnish the competition but trying to convey the things that need attention for us to be better.

Apologies extended if it is seen as HFL bashing as that is not my intention - but it is hard not to sometimes after past decisions.( I do get slightly carried away as you know)

Remuneration by EFC is certainly in line with most other clubs in Div 1 - and below some also - so that is a moot point.

Fully realise some of my comments can draw negative reaction and sometimes positive reaction - and as a forum for topical discussion this is the place to voice them.

You need to see my comments for what they are and stop seeing them as totally Echunga biased - as the majority are league overall based.
E.g. points for Bridgey and Mt Lofty, all clubs having even points allocated, making the pinnacle sides worth more club points, creating an even playing field, rewarding clubs with best facilities with finals matches etc etc.

Ultimately I only want the comp to be stronger and better as I am a passionate supporter and actually have some good mates at other Hills clubs - believe it or not!

I also look forward to seeing you at the footy - so please seek me out when visiting Echunga - as I would be pleased to buy you a beer (even you Chopper)

Obviously my comments wont change the HFL or clubs views - so moving on and hoping this season is a great one.
It's not so much against what you say, it's how many times you've posted the same comments. Almost as if you copy & paste once a week. We know your opinion on the points issue, don't have to bring it up every second post you make.
by cracka
Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |