Search found 618 matches

Return

Re: Worst AFL media person..

On the way home last night I listened to the Pre match with Lyon, Dunstall, Brayshaw and Purple- the purple headed warrior- warrior- Barrett. It was like 4 dickheads broke into a radio studio and didn't know they were on air. As highly paid professionals it was beyond atrocious. After 5 minutes I flicked to AM and listened to Taylor ( who is normally just as bad if not worse when calling a game) Lingy and Caro. At least they talked about the game and didn't just dribble non sensical shit doing a tired piss poor comedy routine. Normally Dunstall is good but he was dragged down to the juvenile level. Brayshaw is normally the main culprit. It's not about the game it's all about the James and his ever present effort to put across his boys club comedy.

Give me Drew Morphett any day of the week. These flogs have lost their direction. I am not looking for a comedy routine, I love footy and you can be entertaining and clever but still make the focus about footy ala Dennis Commetti.

It's getting hard to ever listen to the footy on the radio which is sad. As a kid this was what I did every Saturday with the family when we weren't at the games. I tuned in every week and looked forward to learning and listening. Part of the blame must go to the producers but these guys have turned me away.

Probably didn't help last week when I met Brian Taylor and found him to be a rude, arrogant pig. There are certainly more shit commentators than good ones. It's a worrying trend that the traditional pure football commentator is a thing of the past. Funny enough I met Gerrard Wattley very briefly after Port vGeelong and he was polite, good natured and one of only a few who puts the game before himself.

End rant, I feel better now. :D
by wristwatcher
Sat May 31, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Talia would be a certainty as the AA CHB if the team was chosen today.

Just read that the glove has had 1 goal kicked on him in the past 4 weeks. That's Lachy Henderson, Travis cloke, Tom lynch and some Melbourne player either Dawes pedo or frawls

Oh please. I assume so would Danger, Sloan, Eddie and Tex. A certainty is a little bit rich I would think. I have been to every Crows game and he has been consistent and honest but hardly a match winner. That post reeks of Crows bias. its not as if he breaks lines or sets the game alight. He just does a good job blanketing and the list you have mentioned apart from Cloke who was horribly out of form is hardly note worthy.
by wristwatcher
Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

jo172 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:just curious does the SAAFL do drug tests ?? or not at this standard of football

Can your amateur league club sack you for snapchatting dick pics?

Asking for a friend.

Did someone send you a snapchat of Owen??? :lol:
by wristwatcher
Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doc Neeson gone

******* cancer. :evil:
by wristwatcher
Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

bennymacca wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:what's the chances of Jacobs playing this week?

Doc larkins was reporting a small bleed in his groin, ie a corkie, and that he should play but is still in doubt. So he will definitely be named but still might not play.

See if mckernan or graham travels

He will play. From the horses mouth.
by wristwatcher
Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Went to the dentist yesterday feeling fine. Spent $692 and walked out with nerve damage when the anaesthetic wore off and finished up walking out of the dentist at 7.35pm after arriving for my first root canal at 8.30am. $900 lighter in the pocket and having experienced the most painful day of my life. :evil: This goes beyond "things that give you the shits" I am now a certified "ANTI DENTITE!!!"
by wristwatcher
Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Ken Mcgregor medal Top 10 AFL spud award

Geez that Melbourne sub had a shocker. Only a kid but looked horribly out of place
by wristwatcher
Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bays09 wrote:I'm done with bays09

Don't do it bays.
by wristwatcher
Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Adelaide Uni pop a cap in the Hawks ass at home :shock: nick gill the difference? i heard on radio dale lewis was to play blacks too?

thunder over gullies? great win

Well Lewis would want to be playing in their D grade or E grade or whatever it goes down too. He couldn't get a kick in the PNU reserves 7 years ago. Not sure apart from publicity what it will achieve. I'd hate to be the kid that got dropped after a pre-season and doing all the right things and paying subs for a bloke who would be playing entirely for his own agenda. I have never seen him at Payneham since he pulled on our guernsey.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

I can confirm wristwatch's comments. He was terrible for us. I think from memory he kicked a few goals against kilburn who were terrible that year. Can't argue that he's played nearly 200 afl games, but the couple he played a few years ago were shocking. Nothing personal though, he actually gets a giggle out of me occasionally on radio.

You also find my snap chats amusing. Your not exactly a tough audience to entertain ;)
by wristwatcher
Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

helicopterking wrote:This Bloke

Is that Josh Thomas or something like that. Used to be on a quiz show for 90 seconds before I changed the channel.

Famous for being an unfunny Victorian comedian and award winning pillow biter.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My perception of BT is that he honestly believes the shit he dribbles is revered like some of the Commetti classics or even Bruce's "special".

If only he would read this site and see that the vast majority of us thinks he is an utter dick. He sounds like he is obsessed with doing his BTisms. Eg. "That's a wow wee moment", footy candy, football factories and his tiresome crap. As for the Richo stuff I'm happy to stand corrected but I know no one that is amused by it.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When there is a game and one of the teams have been struggling to win games,the commentators always to take the side of the underdog team.BT i did think was a good commentator a few years ago but he does get way too carried away,heard earlier in season that channel 7 want the saturday night team to be funny throughout the game and give BT free reign.The only media people that annoy me are the ones that whinge all the time,Patrick Smith news articles dont read them anymore,Robert Walls when he calling.

I agree with all 5 points in that post even the used to like BT years ago and then he turned to shit and then I met the arrogant pig and now his commentary is ear poison.

Robert Walls would actually make my plane to the sun. Can't stand the bloke.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Of Thrones Discussion (TV Spoilers, NO BOOK SPOILER

Kaleeshi went from my favourite character to the season four bore. :(

Spewing the Hound is done. Loved his character and how it evolved. I was surprised that he was killed by Nick Riewoldt.

Death by "Impbow" was awesome 8)

The whole final episode was great but waiting 9 f@&$en months for another 9-10 hours of television is bullshit :evil:
by wristwatcher
Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

not sure how Scott McIntyre from Salisbury West can be found not guilty he ran through a player elbow raised and split him open .....i think it may be time we started to record our games if this sort of shit gets let off
Where you there? Did you see the incident or are you just going on what you were told from someone else?

i was about 10-15 metres away from the play i went over to see if my team mate was ok it looked so bad the incident then to see his chin split i thought this guy was in a lot of trouble considering he made late contact with the player as well

just goes to show the triubunal is ment to be protecting the head and have even said that this year at hearings yet here we are one of them cases you think how the hell did he get away with it

I heard he told the tribunal that the player he belted was Robb_Stark and they not only let him off but they gave him the movies slow hand clap :lol:
by wristwatcher
Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Gutsy win by PNU when it looked very much like it would be the Tigers day at 3/4 time. Always a good day at Broadies, thanks for the hospitality. I don't reckon it's the last these two teams will see of each other this year.
by wristwatcher
Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: For sale : LG fridge

It won't be available for a couple of weeks but I'll be selling my 303L LG Fridge with frost free freezer on top.

9 years old and in excellent condition, freezes excellenty and only a tiny bump or two on the duco ;)

$190 ONRO

I'll post a pic eventually. Only reason Im not keeping it, is because it'll be a white appliance in a room full of steel.

PICK UP ONLY.

To quote many a Gumtree question..." Will you take $50 for it, can you drop it off, does it work, why are you selling it, what's its energy rating, what does excellenty mean?" :)
by wristwatcher
Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

Love your passion LEH.
Have you bet on every outcome :D

B v A is still on mate

Nah, only those I outlined earlier in thread.
I always outlay about $400 on the World Cup - take days to go through the 'form', read the official Guides etc.
Then do my own 'results' to predict Group Stage Placings, then possible match ups.
Lost money on Ivory Coast - backed them to win their group & qualify.
Lost money on Spain v Argentina Final, Italy v Argentina Final.
Won money on USA qualifying from group.
Lost money on Fred, Postiga & Huigain winning Golden Boot.
Still alive with Robben & van Persie but unlikely - pays Top 4, so still an eachway chance :roll:
Lost on backing Spain to win as well.

If Germany or France win - I win.
If Germany play Argies in Final - I win
If Muller wins Golden Boot - I win
All 3 results - I win big
If none - I lose.
Great fun watching though - gives you someone to cheer for other than Australia (or the team playing England), who are both now long gone ;)

BTW, I work on the premise that if I only get 1 result (e.g. Germany win the WC or France wins the WC) then I get a 25% return on my total investment for the Tournament. It's always about Price. My tip to win the Tournament was always Argentina because they had a very 'soft' draw. But at $5 before the Tournament (i.e. 4/1) they are too short for me to back. Betting IMHO is all about % return on investment - no different to the Stock Exchange :D

If LPH wins - I don't care
If LPH doesn't win - I still don't care
If LPH wins big - I care just a little
IF LPH falls agonizingly short - I care

If Argentina win - I care x 4.50s
If Argentina win and James is the leading scorer I care to the power of 23s
by wristwatcher
Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good game at Gepps today glad to take the points. Much respect to the Gepps people for the respect that was shown to us.

For Sam Williams to kick our last 3 goals and effectively win us the game is probably beyond comprehension.

Respect.

qFNMznKmYsQ

I had the pleasure of interviewing Garry Williams last year and it was one of my favourite ones of the year. He provided great entertainment when talking about the glory years at the Bays and promoted PHOS and gave more than we asked. He was a genuinely lovely bloke. Very sad to hear of the tragic circumstances in his passing but speaking to a Gerrard Toohey from PHOS he said yesterdays service was a fitting send off to a great bloke. My thoughts and prayers are with the Williams family and I am wrapped that Sam had such a good day in such trying circumstances.

Well done also to Gepps on the respect they showed.
by wristwatcher
Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

To be fair, JTC did ask.
But that's OK, Good Luck to you - I don't begrudge any fellow punter some luck

My World Cup punting has been shithouse. The Sportsbet 3 leg money back multi got me doing too many cute bets instead of sticking with what I know.

I also have a penchant for the value you get with correct score. I have 1-0 and 2-0 in all quarter finals.

I did read that some bloke won $71,000 off a ten buck multi. Solid punting By the lucky prick
by wristwatcher
Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

effing really? 2 holidays coming up. seriously.. if you can't discuss something without it turning into a slanging match *sigh*

Yeah FC, I'm with ya, nasty posts and boring as bat sh...t really. Now let's get back to footy. NOT COMPLAINING but it was again good to have a very senior umpire at Uni yesterday, but word of advice my friend, It's Div 6 and not Div 1. Guys make mistakes at this level and as for hovering and counting down the seconds then HOLDING THE BALL, I thought I was at a PORT game.

WC had a few out but The Farmers will play either Rossies or BOS in the big dance and to all of you who are stabbing at IF, words from many at the den who have done battle over the years 'we can't believe how disciplined they have become' not to mention structured and hard working. Reckon our boys know better than most. Bring on Saturday, can't wait to lose by 35 goals again. :D

Hahahahaha stabbing :lol: yes unparalleled discipline and structure these days when they butter their bread but still a bit of ground to make up to be able to compare yourself to some of the big clubs with incredibly successful junior programs and police free incidents for a decade.

It's also funny to hear someone from a div 6 club put their club on par with those truly successful clubs in the top 3 divisions. Like I said initially in a few years perhaps your discipline and structure could be put up there if you go from Div 7 to 4 without incidents.
by wristwatcher
Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Worst Movies

The missus had GC voucher that had expired but Greater Union let us use them last night, do off we trotted to 22 Jump St .. I hated the first one and this replica was the same steaming pile of shite. Chairs were comfy though.

Are you a grumpy old man?

Thought 21 was hilarious albeit juvenile but it's pretty much par for the course.

Why on earth if you hated the first would you go to the second one? That makes no sense at all
by wristwatcher
Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Good Movies

The Dark Knight wrote:Rambo 3

One of the great in cinema movie quotes I ever heard at the start of the movie
Colonel what's his name : "John (Rambo) will you except the mission?"
Rambo : "long vacant stare"
My Dad " Well this movies going to be pretty ******* short if he says No!"
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blackwhite wrote:
Cash 123 wrote:Geeez the PNU supporters have come out of the woodwork over the past 6 months

The real supporters were never in the woodwork to begin with. PNU till I die.

Blackwhite how many times do I have to tell you not to talk to strangers or blokes who played in a GF and did not get a kick :D
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Sitting top! Not a bad effort considering our start.

When you wrote them off :shock:
I know what I wrote on fb early in the season against collingwood, but I was slightly intoxicated when I wrote that and quite annoyed :lol:
Error of judgement :)

Alcohol causing an error in judgement. Who woulda thunked it :lol:
by wristwatcher
Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16 - live scores, results & conversing.

gossipgirl wrote:Port should just stick to what they know ... Tarps and Creeds :D :D :D

Tired old shit. :roll: Any chance you could ever come up with your own material sheep
by wristwatcher
Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Congrats on a great career to a great bloke. I run into Power and Crows players regularly at work and Dom is one of the guys who always says G'day. He never has that air of arrogance about him and is nice to everyone having never got carried away with his own stardom. Says a lot about the character of the bloke. One of those guys who never had shit games. he was consistent, hard at it, highly under rated and often inspirational.

I for one will miss him playing for the Power. its really easy to cheer for good blokes.
by wristwatcher
Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Just received an email saying i can be one of 2,000 international people to watch WWE network live until August 4 for free. Just had to be one of the 2,000 to sign in and bam was one of those 2,000 and now have free wwe network until August 4th!

I was discussing this with my missus and as cool as the WWE network would be I could see it turning me into that guy on the dole drinking longnecks and rolling durries watching Wrestling from the crack of noon until 4am every day.

I don't think 24 hour wrestling access is a good idea until the man cave is built. She shouldn't have to hear it whilst she is cooking and cleaning ;)
by wristwatcher
Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just to publicly kill a rumour RE Mitchell Park losing our oval next year:

The Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club have a license for the facility at Moreland Avenue for 2015 and beyond as signed by The City of Marion based on a meeting on the 2nd of August 2011. If another football club was wanting to move into the facilities this would need to be negotiated with the Mitchell Park Sports and Community Club as they are the current licensee. This has not occurred.

Play on! :)

Any chance of a lights upgrade. It can be ideal for training from what I saw when I was there a few weeks back. It's terrible wristy. We can only train in a pocket! From a logistical point of view we haven't had the numbers for seniors for it make much of a difference but it's not really a good look for any potential recruits or new people. It has caused a bit of a drama with the juniors.

The tender for the great big brand new lights has been run and won, we are expecting work to commence shortly and maybe, maybe they will be operating before the last game of the year....:)

Well that is good news. They made a huge difference to our club overall and as an individual its a nice feeling driving to a well lit up oval for training. It certainly adds to the atmosphere at the very least. Naturally if its lit up better it will attract people.

If the only thing you are waiting on is the council I look forward to seeing your lights by 2020. :)
by wristwatcher
Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 18 - live scores, discussion & confabbing.

Collingwood have now had as many Free kicks as Adelaide. I expect the outrage to start soon :roll:
by wristwatcher
Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've said it before and I,ll say it again....I don't worry about the umpires and I just let them do their job. I enjoyed the game, admittedly not to last nights standard but it was good to see the Crows answer the challenge and get The chocolates. I'm not Trying to start an argument but it does seem like the Crows fans always feel aggrieved and think they are getting screwed. Perhaps it's just a lack of analytical ability. It's almost as if the excuses get loaded prior to the event.

I think the crows should drop the chanting lessons and hold a rules lesson.

I'm probably a little less tolerant of whinging at umpiring as I'm at nearly all the Power and Crows games and both teams have supporters who are beyond clueless. Too stupid to exist in society and then they hang over and abuse and boo them as they enter and leave as if they go out of their way to cheat. It's so idiotic and It's embarrassing to watch.

Even if these morons new the rules it wouldn't matter, they are troglodytes....BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BALL UMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!
by wristwatcher
Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Johno6 wrote:Vickery straight to tribunal as expected
but he should get off coz he rang and apologised.

Let's be honest every bloke gives the Cox a whack every now and then :lol:
by wristwatcher
Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dangerfield Ouch

In a sporting community which discusses the complete minutiae of players, their behaviour, who they're shagging, hanging out with, whether their off-field life is affecting their on-field form, rivalries within clubs, who's getting employed by whom - this is a troll and people are stupid. Well done to you on being so much superior to everyone else and being above all of this.

I think the real story in this thread is how a Cennal Disrix and Collenwould supporter was able to correctly and in context use the word "minutiae" :lol:
by wristwatcher
Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 8 2014

Footy Chick wrote:There's green - it's just squishy UNDER the green :lol:

PS: No green in the middle.

I was told an excellent way to help improve the condition of the oval is to put sand bags on it :lol: Just kidding, it worked for our oval last year ;)
by wristwatcher
Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The college push, and hence the condemnation of the northern based clubs, is all due to ONE person. This bloke feels he IS amateur league, and yet the SAAFL keep getting sucked in by it.

Get rid of this prick entirely & the rest of the 65 clubs will finally get some honesty.

Is this about me :shock:

If it's not me pardon my ignorance as I'm out the loop but who are we talking about and is there a specific geographical line drawn where the bias begins :roll:

I recently moved to the Northern suburbs, should I be wary of random acts of bias :D I attended a college though so will I be free from condemnation.

Shit I'm confused :oops:
by wristwatcher
Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Multi bets

How good are we at multi bets. 7 still alive :D
by wristwatcher
Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Will the HopeValley cheer leaders be making a comeback for the D Grade GF ;)
by wristwatcher
Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This has been really entertaining today but not that conducive to me getting any work done on a Monday.

The funniest part of this entire thread is when someone said that the big danger from PAC in finals is Bilyk. Surely you are not referring to "Hot Dogs" Harry Bilyk. If that's what HV need to look out for I suggest they make room in the cabinet now.

I would have thought the overall pace and run on a hopefully warm day and fast deck at a neutral venue with neutral umpires would make the contest a little closer than the forgone conclusion that I see in Div 8R. Perhaps PAC might need to qualify an enforcer like say.. "Peter Carter" to come out and play a power forward type role to free up the young quick legs of his beloved Reds. :D

estimated time of reply ; 6 minutes :)
by wristwatcher
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best Dog Rolls in Adelaide???

There's a small shop on Hanson Rd on the left heading North before Grand Junction. I have been there a couple of times and there is always Police in there lining up for their lunch.

Cheers Arch, I know the location as I worked in Athol Park in the late 90s. Its also pretty much on my work travel route. I will give it a crack in the next week or two.
by wristwatcher
Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so it looks like the GF teams have been decided already! :)

how have the opposition found the CLG C grade?..we managed to get into 3rd spot after saturdays win..the team has only been going for just over a year and we are really proud of what they have achieved so far..can they match it all with the 2 top sides or are they just making up the numbers?

I saw CLG play a few weeks back and personally played against them in round 9 and 18 last year. Any team that can hold me to 6 goals clearly has a good full back and CHB ;) they were too good for us and represented your club well. Thoroughly deserving the win. First game of competitive sport I have watched John "Butters" O'Leary play and not get injured in about 2 years. I think you call him Potato or Irish or something clever.

Not a bad spot to be if you have a double chance going into finals with no one expecting you to be there come GF day.
by wristwatcher
Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

retired60 wrote:First name rhymes with Dino
Last name rhymes with Gecko

Vagino Wrecko. Am I close ??
by wristwatcher
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

It will be around. Only the most pessimistic would doubt that. However, the type of SANFL and its relevance to the general community is what those of us who are against the National League's sides' inclusion are worried about.

That's fair.

Looking at the ladder though it actually is pretty exciting and staying on topic looking at the last ten games of the season, most of them should draw well as they have a direct outcome on the final 5 and the jockeying of positions within it.

I would expect with improved weather and many amateur season footballers seasons over in 2 weeks that the crowds should be good for finals as well
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd like to ask if the 5 or 6 Centrals supporters who appear in topic after topic hanging shit on the SANFL are ever going to get over it???
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd like to ask if the 5 or 6 Centrals supporters who appear in topic after topic hanging shit on the SANFL are ever going to get over it???

The current scenario has the SANFL in serious trouble and it may not survive in its current form. So no, I will not get over it in a hurry.

I'm extremely confident that the SANFL will be around for decades to come.
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R16 Eagles v South @ Maughan Theim Hyundai Oval 9/8/14

A great win for the club against "The combine".. I thought we showed some real grit getting over the line today against some good opposition and some of the most lame, inept, incompetent and deplorable umpiring Ive seen in 50 years watching the sanfl.

We were in control at halftime but the weagles managed to claw themselves back into the game particularly in the last quarter but our resolve and desire got us over the line in the end. All played well but, I thought Crabb, Fields and Thewlis were fantastic in the back half along with Rose, Liddle , Veide.and Cross.

Thanks very much to WWT for keeping Ainger in for one last try... probably in the faint hope that he would show some backbone against the club he betrayed... despite the fact he managed 1 goal..he was a great asset for us, kicking the ball directly to former team mates regularly.

Wundke, a former Ken Farmer medalist was soundly thrashed by perennial Panther favourite Brad Crabb, who has stayed with the club through some of its darkest times, (on a modest salary Id assume..) and is now enjoying some modicom of success. Boyd of course was his usual busy self, racking up meaningless possession after meaningless possession, few of them earnt . I do note that his direct opponent for most of the day , Darth Veide, managed to get forward a few times and kick a couple of goals, which in the context of the game was important.

bring on the Bloods , Go Panthers! :evil:

Ainger betrayed you :shock: You sir are a dickhead. He was not from the South Adelaide zone

You recruited him and he gave you great service and then left your club for a multitude of reasons. Supporters like you was probably one of those reasons.

If you worked for a shit company and another company offered you twice as much money, was 30 minutes closer to your home and offered you an opportunity for success and career advancement would you consider changing employers???
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well here we are, after months of dedication from pre-season in the extreme heat to the bitterly cold wet winter evenings. The hopes and aspirations of big things to devasting injuries. From thrilling wins and the highest highs, to the heartbreaking losses and disappointments. Achieving personal milestones, celebrating the success of your team and battling on when times got tough.

After 17 rounds, 85 games and 134 days since the first bounce way back in Round 1, we have reached the end of the minor round - something that felt oh so far away and a distant thought for most of the year. For some sides tomorrow evening will put to an end the season and a moment to reflect on the year that was and what could've been. Emotions will be mixed - from relief to disappointment.

For the rest of the sides, they'll carry on into finals, continuing their quest for the holy grail, to reach that pinnacle that they've strived for all season, that thing that drives all players in some way - that one thing that is on everyones mind but no one dare speak of it for fear it disappears into the wind.. The Premiership. Not only that, but for clubs the opportunity to receive something just as important and great - promotion. Suddenly all those tough sessions back in summer during pre-season and those nights on the track where you questioned your interest enthusiasm, and consdered what you could've been doing seems a distant memory but oh so worth it.

Mawson Lakes v Angle Vale: Two sides that will draw curtains on 2014 tomorrow, both will be disappointed with how their season has panned out, particularly Mawson Lakes whose efforts to fly under the radar has seen them crash and burn for flying to low. A season that promised so much for the Lakes has delivered little. Losing Travis Uern during the season hurt, but the shining lights have been the years of Mark Chilvers and Craig Schapel. For Angle Vale it has been a very long and hard fought season, well documented during the year and at times struggling to field sides. But the Owls have fought on gallantly, and should be proud to see out the season tomorrow. Back down to 7 to rebuild, but a taste of what's required in 6 should hold the Owls in good stead for the future. Mawson Lakes comfortable winners in this clash.

Mitchell Park v Blackfriars: As with Angle Vale, Mitchell Park have had a difficult season, after a losing a raft of players during the off season, the Lions were reduced from 3 sides to 1. A uniting of forces with the struggling Flinders Uni proved to be benefiial for both parties, and from an outside point of view has proven to be successful. Proud club with a rich history, Mitchell Park have copped their tough losses as well as anyone could hope for and come out on the other end with heads still held well high. Blackfriars will take no risks in this clash with the minor premiership firmly secured. It's been an outstanding season for the Hounds, who were not on the radars or many early or during the season, but have quietly gone about their business and built up well heading towards finals. A side that is unselfish and plays for each other, full of contributors, i'm sure BOS have always had faith in themselves and now it seems so do the neutral spectators. Massive month of finals approaches for the Hounds.

Rosewater v Central United: The big story for this game will be if Bain and Williams can both knotch up the 100 goals. Rosewater will be desperate for a win and a big win to regain that slipped confidence, and give themselves every chance of snatching that double chance from Ingle Farm. Central United has had an up and down season, and just when they appeared to be making their move on the 5 disaster stuck. Since that moment it appears to have created a resolve around the group and the results reflect that. Danger game for Rosewater in the battle of the 'Dogs, a win for Central United will see them finish 7th and head into Summer full of optimism for next year.

Ingle Farm v Lockleys: So much on the line for both these sides. The Farmers have dropped their last 3 and fallen from the perch at the top of the ladder to find themselve in a fight for the double chance. A home final is still a possibility, and the final home game for the season in front of a big crows - Ladies Day, Sponsors Day and a triple header - the 'Dogs will be eager to bounce back heading into finals and let everyone know they mean business. Lockleys will be fighting for their lives tomorrow, lose and their season is over - win and they give themselves a chance of getting back into the 5. Nothing to lose and everything to play for, the 'Dees will come out hard and full of run, and expect them to through everything at Ingle Farm. A cracking clash is certain and this is why I vote it the 2nd best match of the round.

West Croydon v Fitzroy: Match of the round. Fitzroy the giant killers knocked off Rosewater last week to strengthen their hold on 5th place, with their major players beginning to up the ante, the 'Roys are not to be underestimated and have the cattle capable of beating any side. Should the Lions lose, they rely on the Ingle Farm result to go their way to stay in the 5. West Croydon will be desperate to hold onto 2nd place and set up a home final for their A & B grade next week. The Hawks have flexed their muscles over the past month and shown they are the real deal and a side to beat. As with Fitzroy, a lose to the Hawks will leave them relying on the Ingle Farm result to keep 2nd. Firepower a plenty up forward not dissimilar to Fitzroy, this promises to be a high paced, physicalshoot out between the two sides, neither side will want to leave their fate in the hands of another game.

I assume your boss is not on SAFooty forums :)
by wristwatcher
Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

India's tour of Australia - Summer 2014/15

With India recently getting embarrassed recently by the Poms I was interested to see if everyone else thinks their upcoming tour could see a Whitewash of my most despised cricket team.

Last tour when we were at our lowest ebb for years we brained them 4 zip and their current form is nothing short of calamitous. I can't see them winning a test. I think they will be very competitive in the two other forms of the game but I think they will even struggle in tour matches.

My tip Australia 4-0 with a couple of innings defeats. 8)

My only fear is that a revenue based strategy may come into play and curators will be influenced to extend test duration with the preparation of roads. Personally I would love to see a spicy Gabba deck first up and a host of broken bones and bruising. The likes of Johnson, Harris, Starc, Cummings and Siddle should be champing at the bit to rip into those front fronting flogs. Especially Cock breath Kohli.

Did I mention I can't stand the pack of arrogant wankers :)
by wristwatcher
Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Amazing finish to Div 2 in Round 18 with every game effecting positions 4th through to 10th. Relegated with 6 wins is pretty brutal and playing finals with 7 wins is uncanny but it may actually pan out that way.
by wristwatcher
Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

I do not know about the rest of you guys but the passion for SANFL for me is dead !!!

I attended six games this year my lowest attendance in FORTY FIVE years .

Gave the AFL INTERLOPERS a wide berth.

Gave Alberton away this year one of my favorite grounds where i hardly missed a game against the real mighty Magpies 1870 - 2013 !!

Maybe that's because your team is not playing finals.

You blokes have just got to accept the comp has a Port and Crows reserve team and deal with it. Your like petulant little children bitching every day over it. At the end of the day it is what it is.

Personally I can't wait until next weeks SANFL double header at AO.
by wristwatcher
Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Passion for SANFL Football is Gone !!

If the passion for SANFL football is gone, why so many threads about it?
Why so many posts? If people weren't passionate about the league, then they wouldn't be contributing to these threads, particularly from a negative standpoint. People can say they're not passionate, but they keep returning to post on this site, in these threads. The passion is still there, it's just muted and, in some cases, has taken on a different, anti-reserves sentiment. Those protesting the loudest that they are less interested are obviously still passionate about the SANFL in some way or other.

I'm still very passionate about the SANFL and have a love it for its grassroots, its blue-collar football ethic, its link to our communities (historic and current) and its family values - I'm just very unhappy with the emergence of the national league reserves in our competition.

Excellent logical post. I can respect your point about the reserves as you didn't need to slang off at the league. Personally I think they needed to move with the times and the changes were necessary but your Ponts about the passion are spot on
by wristwatcher
Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |