Search found 13 matches

Return

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:the new Bunnings ads!

Yeah, their ads have annoyed me for a long time. I experience none of the emotions or enjoyment when visiting Bunnings that they discuss on these ads.

Problem with watching the cricket is that you get the same handful of ads over and over. Sick of BWS ads.
by saintal
Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

getting a call from my daughters school. well, not getting the call as such, but the content, which has made me worry.

"miss Tipper is fine, but the principal wanted me to ring you and tell you that she was hurt at lunch time, just a scratch on the wrist, but that he has followed through with the other student and dealt with it"

what? drop the pc double speak and tell me what happened. if it was an accident, fine, they happen. active kids sometimes bump into each other and people get bruises/scratches etc. if that is all it is who cares? i could have found that out from herself. bloody hell my brother broke his arm at school through nothing more sinister than playing chasey.

but the wording makes me think it is something more serious than that. that some little shit has deliberately hurt my little girl. if that is the case, why not just say that ffs? while no one wants bullying to happen, it still does. tell me what happened, and that it has been dealt with and id feel a lot better about it than the waffle i was given. stop trying to hide it by not mentioning it.

i feel like i should leave work early and go get some answers, but i dont want to overreact..... bloody pc world we live in. wouldnt want another parent to find out that little johnny is a bullying little shitstain, so lets call the parent and not actually tell them anything other than your child is fine.....

If it is just a scratch then I don't see the big deal.

Having worked at schools for 20 years I'm not sure what you are expecting from the school. They can't ring and say "This little f@cker troublemaker that we can't control has done it again". Again it all depends on the actual injury but they have communicated it and if they contacted you it means it's been recorded.

Would you have preferred they didn't contact you?

As I said I have been in the system for 20 years and worked at over 200 schools. If you PM me the school and can give you some feedback on what I know of the school but it sounds to me like they have followed procedure.

I worked at a school one day where the child was very sick, chronically Ill. They rang the parent and when the parent arrived it was the wrong child/parent. Pretty funny from a distance but not so funny to the lady who worked on the other side of town.
The procedure is bullshit then. Actually tell me what happened, and what the repurcussions were for the kid that did it. Not this bullshit where they actually havent told me anything. Why cant they say "This little f@cker troublemaker that we can't control has done it again".? Whats wrong with telling me that?

Turns out that an older kid ran up to my daughter and her friends and started laying into them with a stick. Thats assault if it was adults.

Now, because the school wont tell me anything, i can only go on what my 5 year old says, which as you would know can be unreliable at best.

Wouldnt it be better for the school to explain what happened so there are no misunderstandings? As it is i can only believe that nothing was done at the time and it wasnt till after lunch time that a teacher even found out about the completely unprovoked attack. And sure, its just a scratch, but what if she copped it in the eye? What is being done to ensure it wont happen again? Why wasnt the student named? And if as you say they are a problem child, and they cant be controlled, why do the other students have to suffer for her benefit?

Its ******* crap and you know it. And if it happens again the school will have ine very angry parent in their front office quick smart. As i said before, shit happens in the playground, but deliberately laying into reception kids with a stick is not on. Its bullying, its assault, and should have never happened.

And personally, nothing about a chronically ill kid and the school cocking up notifying the parents is funny. Its actually horrifying. If it was my daughter, and they rang someone else, and therefore delayed notifying me i would be livid....
by tipper
Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

I just made a cup of tea and it was very good.

10/10
by Dissident
Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Footy Chick wrote:
carey wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:The count will probably be the 2nd of Sept .. they release top 4 in the week leading up.

2nd of Sept sweet straight from Balak cup. I should be in form :D

I think this taxi will be out of order this year :lol:

We'll see........ :lol:
by carey
Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

IMHO, Lockleys lost it in the 1st 1/4, 0-6 to 5-?, it was always going to be tough to come back from that, their 2nd & 3rd quarters were outstanding, a team stacked full of C graders was always going tio struggle to keep up the 2nd/3rd 1/4 momentum
3.2.20 to 0.5.5 1/4 time
6.2.38 to 4.6.30 1/2 time
9.4.58 to 11.7.73 3/3 time
14.6.90 to 12.9.81 full time

I find it insulting to my side and disrespectful to the Lockleys B grade that you feel the need to undermine the match by saying "a team stacked full of C graders".

Whether or not this is true, a lot of the blokes yesterday have played regularly B grade football this year and some have played a bit of A grade, and I have no doubt that was the strongest B grade Lockleys could have picked from who was available yesterday.

You don't think every other side has players missing?
by The Bedge
Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Finals week 3 - Preliminary final week

Just like the first half, that short burst of freo intensity is over
by RustyCage
Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Peter Rohde coming to Div 1???
by Trader
Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Kevin Owen is the new universal champion.
by woodublieve12
Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

How good is Bobby Roode's theme song??? GLORIOUS!!!
by woodublieve12
Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9AFL C GRADE Divisions - 2017

Tom Javor looks like he ate Tom Javor.
by The Bedge
Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2017

Zartan wrote:Bloody hell. Thought I could log in and delete my posts this morning before anyone saw them.. :oops:

Shouldn't post with a guts full of beer!

Yes you should. In fact there should be far more of it! :lol:
by carey
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!

TTG run very deep as a club and their stocks have been bolstered plenty this year. Would've thought that this is a massive challenge for us, but at the end of day it's literally just a run around. Who really cares.

The bigger question is, can you get yourself match fit to sneak onto the bench in the first game? Since joining the SANFL bureaucracy you've been on the Tommy Javor diet and emulated the Tommy Javor physique.

I've seen that diet first hand.....pretty impressive
by Half Back Flanker
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 4 - 2018

Pag won his 3rd B&F last night.
by beef
Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |