Search found 464 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

I see reading the Producer tonight, Angle Vale FC admission gaining some pace for season 2016
God i hope not
Why not?????
Without trying to be exclusive, I'd be against Angle Vale joining the APFL just on the grounds of it being a COUNTRY football league.
I have nothing against the Angle Vale Football Club but if the APFL goes down that path, it may just end up as a northern based metropolitan league.
I have no idea what other paths the APFL can go down to introduce other clubs that are not a part (or basically a part) of metropolitan Adelaide, which is exactly why I'm not a member of the board but I hope our status and atmosphere as a country footy league is maintained for the future of our country towns.
Whats the difference between Virginia and Angle Vale?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:stop.

Please just stop

# <--- fills me with anger.

I think you meant #fillsmewithanger
by Mr Beefy
Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: is your club losing revenue

I think AFL football at Adelaide Oval has a lot more impact than sportingpulse, going to town, etc, etc,
by Mr Beefy
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Assocation Medals

Ive heard that once the SAAFL finalise all medal winners & votes they will immediately be released online

--> but please feel free to come along to the voting night a week later to see if youve won.... oh wait you'll already know if you did

Regards.
:Hangman:

What's the point in it then? Wouldn't they want to try and make some money off the event!?

Who's your source marbles?
safootynet rule #16: Take no notice of marbles. Ignore him and he goes away....................for a little while.
Good to see you slip in a #
by Mr Beefy
Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

Loyalty goes both ways so why not i say
by Mr Beefy
Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Old Adelaide

Adelaide City Baths.jpg
Boys leaping from diving boards at the Adelaide City Baths swimming pool in January 1956.
What, no life guards saying one at a time.
Was this sit abandoned because they built the aquatic centre in North Adelaide or was it because they wanted the site for the festival centre.
I would have done that jump a few times about then.
My first formal swimming lessons occurred there in a primary school group in about 1954.

IIRC correctly the place was getting a bit run down and in need of a lot of maintenance and it was decided to build the new pool instead, but alternative uses for the old site were possibly already in mind. I never did go to the new pool.

One of my memories of the old pool was meeting a well known 20-something stripper/dancer there when I was about 16, and applying her sun tan lotion.
Did ya give her one?
by Mr Beefy
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

wonder_kid wrote:Rowey is a gun and deserves the medal but to poll in 15 games means your loved by umpires a little way too much !!!

Alternatively, he could have been in the best 3 players in 15 games.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: lower grade association medals

Not worth going for a 5 minute presso, that's over before you know it.
5 minute presso is degrading to every division bar D1 and D2.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Carlton 2015

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2015-09-04/ellard-calls-time-on-career
According to McKay, he got the best out of himself and the players should use him as a role model....they'll have the tidiest rooms and cleanest jumpers in the AFL...
by Mr Beefy
Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 2 - 2015

I guess that means any sponsor can flick a few bucks to a player and say he is employed by said sponsor
by Mr Beefy
Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

marbles wrote:angle vale might not be accepted to gawler league

Fair chance given they want to join Adelaide plains
by Mr Beefy
Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Zartan wrote:Mr Beefy looks like he just made RFC an extra $50 this year :lol:

Oh, I just read the constitution, he needs to be nominated and seconded by member and then approved by the committee.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

morell wrote:Just to be a member or to ask a question?

To be a member.

I think this section of the constitution is largely ignored - $50 is $50...
by Mr Beefy
Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Overrated Wednesday - Patrick Dangerfield

Why would they need 2 contracts? Why not just write it all in one?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 All Australian Squad

The AA team has no meaning anymore. Not when the people voting on it are either suits from head office or Melbourne media with a couple of token non-victorians. Gillon McLachlan (chairman), Kevin Bartlett, Luke Darcy, Mark Evans, Danny Frawley, Glen Jakovich, Cameron Ling, Matthew Richardson and Tredrea.
Darcy, Frawley, Ling and Richardson only ever cover the big Friday or Saturday night games, and are too busy trying to make each other laugh than actually watch footy.
Should having more token non-victorians :roll:
by Mr Beefy
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

Wouldn't be the first to sign at 2 clubs
by Mr Beefy
Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

Word on the street is Edwardstown have indicated an intent to request affiliation with the SAAFL.

If they come in to Division 3 or 4 it would mean Hectorville and Adelaide Lutheran would be relegated as against dodging a bullet given they finished 9th in their respective competitions.

I get the argument for Heccies and Lutherans but I reckon the league needs to beef up competition around the Division 3 and 4 division.
Hectorville have been informed they will be in Div 5 next year. Pretty sure they took it how you would expect them too...

Nuh uh....

They're not going to tell a club they're being demoted without having another team to fill in the gap above.

So far, the clubs haven't voted any new (or old ) clubs into the league so that decision can't be made.
Clubs dont get a vote
by Mr Beefy
Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL junior comp

Tell us the proposal and I'll let you know...
by Mr Beefy
Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

MW wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
MW wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:?
Sounds about right

I dont see Geelong rolling over. I think they will still get him for nothing from us.

I don't like your negativity atm MW :lol:

History tells us this is the likely outcome unfortunately :(

History tells us that Geelong will be accommodating
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 gradings

Can someone please post the proposed divisions for 2016? Who will be playing in what grade, surely this should be confirmed by now as how can a club try to recruit players if they don't know what grade they will be playing in!!
not Confirmed..
DIV 1 - TTG, Goodwood, Henley, PNU, ROCS, Pt District, Adel Uni, Salis Nth, Unley, PAOC
DIV 2 - SHOC, Portland, Gaza, Modbury, Scotch, SPOC, Broadview, SMOSH, PHOS, Old Ig
DIV 3 - Walkerville, Gepps, Athelstone, Grove, Pembroke, Flinders Pk, Plympton, Edwardstown , Kilburn, Salisbury
DIV 4 - Mitcham, Seaton, Nth Haven, EP, Pooraka, Westminster, Kenilworth, Hope Valley, CLG, Para Hills
DIV 5 - Hectorville, Glenunga, Blackfriars, Elizabeth, CBCOC, Rosewater, Greenacres, Pulteney, Smithfield, Lockleys
DIV 6 - Adel Lutheran, Woody Sth, West Croydon, Trinity, Fitzroy, Ingle Farm, Mawson Lakes, Brahma Lodge, Mitchell Pk,Houghton
DIV 7 - Central United, Adel Uni, St Pauls, Angle Vale, Salisbury West, Flinders Uni, PAOC, Unley, TTG, Golden Grove
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shoes/sneakers

KT26ers
by Mr Beefy
Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

So how many players have now listed the Cats as their preferred destination in the trade period? WIll they have any picks in the National draft or will they trade them all away?
4 I think

Dangerfield
Scott Selwood - Deal done under RFA
Zac Smith
Henderson - Rumors of next years 1st draft pick (Which is overs I think)

How many have they delisted/retired off the main list?
Jared Rivers (retired)

Hamish McIntosh (retired)

Brad Hartman (retired)

Sam Blease (retired)

James Toohey (retired)

Steve Johnson (delisted)

James Kelly (delisted)

Mathew Stokes (delisted)
by Mr Beefy
Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Trades/Drafts (Nov & PSD/Rookie) - 2015

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
MW wrote:That first rounder should be around 15-16 if you believe the hype

What hype?

Only hype I have heard is that Dean Gore is going to be better than Dangerfield.

In Wells we trust...
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hawthorn 2015

So thats ok to call her a dirty slapper, why not call the hawthorn player an alleged rapist?
by Mr Beefy
Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

How do the Community Football League and South Australian Amateur Football League allow Amateur clubs to pay their players anyway?
The Victorian Amaateur Football League still don't pay their players !
AMATEUR=
1. One who engages in an art, science, study, or athletic activity as a pastime rather than as a profession.
2. An athlete who has never accepted money , or who accepts money under restrictions specified by a regulatory body, for participating in a competition.
Of course they dont :roll:
by Mr Beefy
Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

No one has mentioned the away change rooms, possibly the worst going around.
by Mr Beefy
Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

I looked at the Woody for an upcoming function I'm hosting. They wanted some $300 for a "private room". When I asked where the aforementioned "private room" was ( knowing the Woody, I couldn't think of a room anywhere ) the young lady stated "Oh, we rope of a portion of the newly renovated glass bar for you". :shock:

"That's not private though?" - "Yeah, it is". :lol: Anyway, I'm having it somewhere else. Not to mention $2.50 "cakeage" per person! Yes, $2.50 PER PERSON for them to cut and serve a cake.... :lol:
Where did you end of booking?

Picked a place down on Moseley Square at Glenelg.
Whats the date, time and dress code... ;)
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Divison 3 2016

Footy Chick wrote:I actually meant that he then probably wouldn't be their "whatsamalcallit" player -the one you can pay the most money to.

Why did i try and make sense of that at 8.26am and before I've had caffine.

Dont have "marquee" players in our league
by Mr Beefy
Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
BZB27 wrote:Looks like Fitzroy got a coach from what i have heard

Anthony Lennon

"We are Pleased to announce the appointment of Matt Gallarello as the new A Grade Senior coach of the Fitzroy Football Club."
https://www.facebook.com/fitzroycommunityclub/?fref=ts
by Mr Beefy
Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yorke Peninsula League

OnSong wrote:
carey wrote:Heard 4 or 5 Kadina lads have signed at Ironbank on fair coin

x2

8 or 10? :shock:
by Mr Beefy
Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL DIvision 4 2016

Welcome up CLG and Para Hills
Seaton come down
Welcome back Edwardstown! (not officially announced yet, so I"m assuming for now)

Bitch of a division for travel this year..Except if you're CLG, Kenilworth, Towns or WOS :lol: ;)

Stoked to be up in div 4, even more stoked with the (mostly) close games.

Let the silly season begin!
Is Scott-Collings gone?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I was going to lock in Salisbury in the poll for the premiership but, alas, they aren't in it.
by Mr Beefy
Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Restaurant & Pub Reviews

Agreed. Take it for what it's worth.

9/10 at a pub means it's a top quality pub feed. 9/10 at Chianti isn't the same 9/10 as at the Cove.
Fair enough. So Benny's 10/10 is top notch american style crap.
I went to Benny's with a few mates for a before going bowling Friday night two weeks ago. Their food was terrible, I shared wings with one of my mates while the other two had the chili cheese fries. 3/10
I agree - HH3 gave them a 10...but then again he is partial to seafood extender
by Mr Beefy
Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 1 2016

Aristotle was off his chops.
by Mr Beefy
Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mitch Johnson retires at the end of the WACA Test

Alan Davidson
Bruce Reid
Sam Parkinson
Mitchell Johnson
Mitchell Starc

Generations of great left hand fast bowlers

You are taking the piss hey?

hehehe, yep, if you include Sam, you'd have to include Chris Matthews and Dirk Tazelaar!

Clearly you have forgotten captain handsome Brendan Julian and Phil Alley
iFC1M42HKuQ
by Mr Beefy
Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

so if towns playing in the SFL would be = Div 2/3 SAAFL and are put in 4 are they being given an assimilation period to successfully re-establish themselves in a perceived easier division rather than higher where they should be, not forgetting they pulled out of the SAAFL causing the whole 9 team in balance previously, so should they be granted any favours?
Maybe it was where a gap was that could be filled with an easy fix.

I think they are lucky to be in Div 4. When we came back from SAFA they put us in Div 6, which was a fair bit below the level we should have been. On the flip side we did go up 4 divisions in the next 4 years, picking up a few flags along the way.

I would think Townies will be in Div 3 in 2017.

hence the question are they getting an easy run & potential flag in div 4, to the detrement of other div 4 sides, when they should go into 3 or 2 and for what it's worth I also think they will be in Div 3 in 2017
Like Sailsbury?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fox Footy- History Month

Magellan wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:They have the Geelong Hawthorn 09 match with that chik commentating. So painful to listen too

They're all painful to listen to. Better off turning the sound down and doing your own commentary.

Women or commentators?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

For what it's worth
by Mr Beefy
Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Rules Europe

As in like Port Adelaide trying to tap into the Chinese market type of stupid or the fact that I didn't mention Port in my post type of stupid?

This bit

Could there be a possibility of a European composite side touring the local leagues or even playing against an AFL club?
If the game continues to grow, could there be potential of a European side in a revamped state of origin series?
by Mr Beefy
Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan wrote:
Boosh wrote:let's get back to talking about clubs in Div 4 most notably Salisbury.

Will this be the side North Haven defeats for the flag?

Yes, even says so on their 2016 Premiership T-Shirts
by Mr Beefy
Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Dogwatcher wrote:You guys can't cedar forest for the trees, Magellan's reference of Fido Dido is just gold!
by Mr Beefy
Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Yes. Alberton
by Mr Beefy
Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People on here are just way too serious. You all need to lighten up and not get on the defensive when someone says something you disagree with.
Bit like you when there is discussion around players getting paid in D6 ;) :lol:
It's like throwing bait into a sea full of tuna. You always take the bait. :-BD :-C
You are the master baiter
by Mr Beefy
Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

[quote="wonder_kid"]at least Shrek gets me! don't worry nth haven will be flag favourites in January only to fail like the past 5 years I've been involved in the lower grades of ammos! A lot of cashed payed out for 0 a grade flags!

Great Engrish by the way but get your facts right, we have been choking for 30 years.

Maybe you need new glasses? I said the last 5 years i have been involved in the lower grades! Whats this engrish word you speak off. ..
*paid

Thanks mate!! Your so learned![/quote]
You're
by Mr Beefy
Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015/16 Big Bash League

They are paid to entertain not go hiding from a little rain

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
by Mr Beefy
Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All seems to be very quiet around here on the ins and outs....

Kenilworth recruiting very well with the addition of Ellijah Ware and also a CHF from South Adelaide reserves.
Heard Westminster have a number of new players and returning players from overseas. North Haven chasing some big names and have retained their whole 2015 squad, even lipson may pull on the boots.

Lynch and Buss 2 massive outs for Para Hills, still expect them to sign some quality in the coming weeks.

Completely quiet from Pooraka, EP and Hope Valley.
And Cree And Pryor
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

All seems to be very quiet around here on the ins and outs....

Kenilworth recruiting very well with the addition of Ellijah Ware and also a CHF from South Adelaide reserves.
Heard Westminster have a number of new players and returning players from overseas. North Haven chasing some big names and have retained their whole 2015 squad, even lipson may pull on the boots.

Lynch and Buss 2 massive outs for Para Hills, still expect them to sign some quality in the coming weeks.

Completely quiet from Pooraka, EP and Hope Valley.
And Cree And Pryor
Big outs.....where have they gone?
https://www.facebook.com/ingle.farm/?fref=ts
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2015

Suri wrote:According to a source of mine, at the time trial this week Menzel came dead last and walked the last 200m.

Probs would have still won Carlton's....
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |