Search found 464 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2019

The Bedge wrote:
marbles wrote:remember it might all be BS and just an safooty rumour and theres probs a good reason behind the guy playing ressies.

Yeah like he enjoys kicking 15 goals in a game. :lol:

Maybe he plays Lacrosse
by Mr Beefy
Tue May 07, 2019 9:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: You know you're nearing 40 in Adelaide, when you remember...

Picking up a coke bottle from out the back of the deli and taking it inside to get your 20c refund.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C Grade 2019

LMA wrote:Anyone know what the clearance cut-off date is? Couldn't find anything on the AdlFL site
30 June
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dutchy wrote:One thing Ive learnt from our SANFL juniors this year is the Ammo clubs take their BBQ/Canteen experiences very seriously!

Had a Rosewater bloke furious that he couldn't get a can of coke an hour before a game earlier in the season
Wasnt me i would've been after the other red can
by Mr Beefy
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL 2019 season

Geelong trying to convince everyone that playing at the MCG is an away game is laughable.
We have an away game this weekend and that won't be an issue, so away games is not the problem. It's more the fact we aren't allowed to play a final in Geelong at our home ground.

Cats are playing 2 Home Games this year at MCG just to make the extra $$$$ on offer against bigger clubs.

Plain & simple once they play all 11 home games at GMBHA/Kardina/Skilled staidium what ever its called currently they can have exclusive home finals IMO. Can't pick & choose
Geelong ask for 11 home games at Kardinia Park every year.
There needs to be 80,000 at the MCG to come close to generating the same revenue as a full house at Kardinia Park.
We played Essendon at the MCG in front of 65k, and we play Hawthorn there which means we are not making the extra $$$$$ you say are on offer.
by Mr Beefy
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFLMax

enter all the pessimists.... :roll:

looks cool, what is it exactly, where is it,

obviously a team may only get to do it once or twice a year

be better than tuesday nights training in 5 degrees

excursion nights made huge differences, in my premiership season we certainly thought outside the square
https://lmgtfy.com/?q=AFLMAX
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

I look forward to weekly i stalments of Animal Kingdom
by Mr Beefy
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

Always a lot of talk about the money thrown around in local footy and cricket.. I want to know - is womens sport the same? Do ladies get paid well for netball and/or football?

Note - not in anyway looking to drive some gender pay related debate.. just wondering if women chase cash for sport too. Bowls is where the coin is
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think it's time the league turned on the ladder predictor.
by Mr Beefy
Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What The F***

Mythical Creature wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Teacher: "What does your dad do for a living?"
Little Johnny: "He's a pig flogger Miss"

I used to work at a pig semen business whilst I was at Uni. Awesome $$$$

Just do it for a hobby now?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong v West Coast

daysofourlives wrote:We might have more entries in the Top 10 but I believe you are head and shoulders above everyone with the t-shirt you wore

Not sure anything was worse than the diamond thing Hawthorn wore but this one in particular was very shitful.
Geelong-PS-2017.gif
by Mr Beefy
Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's the most profound question ever asked in a song?

TISM - What nationality is Les Murray?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

GWS seemed to have developed a good culture and a place people want to be, (despite losing some) including off field positions. And while Gold Coast is a hard nut to crack you could argue Western Sydney is even harder.

Is there anything attractive about Gold Coast for a footballer apart form the lure of $$$$?

Anonymity
Beaches, surf, lifestyle.
Meter maids
Warwick-Caper-with-fellow-meter-maids-5629008.jpg
by Mr Beefy
Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2019 Silly Season

Well they played nearly all games in 2019 and didn't keep anyone out of the side. Ablett, in particular, was more than handy....except in the finals. If he plays like he did in the finals then he is wasting his and everone else's time.
Taylor will probably be in and out and will be handy in the magoos and a handy back up. So I'm not fussed either way.
I just hope we can get an earlier pick or 2 and pick up a couple of ready made youngsters and someone that can keep Blicavs out of the ruck...

Geelong play too many tall defenders. Taylor is superfolous to our needs, either him or Henderson. Ablett ran out of gas big time towards the end of the year and should not play outside of the G, Cat Park and with the odd game at Comic Book park. This combination isn't winning a flag. With the same coach and the same 'top up' mentality I believe it is more of the same (but with dimished returns) next season.

Naturally some happy clappers will suggest I'm being overly negative but I know what I've seen over the past eight years. We have shown a stubborn arrogance and overestimation of our list and it's cost us badly. Why we still don't have a ruckman 8 years after Ottens' retirement is complete mystery.

regards,

REB
I've given up on expecting anything to change whilst we still have same coach
by Mr Beefy
Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I got a pleasant shiver up my spine this morning hearing the Surrey Downs lady who went missing on the weekend near Sedan was found overnight.

The poor family of hers, what they must have gone through for the past few days, the joy and relief they must be going through right now would be amazing.
I've been following this too as I know her partner and have met her a couple of times
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

OnSong wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The ride at doomben, very A Coome-esque like on craiglea jabiru

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

The Jab! We followed that thing to the glue factory

Or somewhere else going by the ABC expose last night
by Mr Beefy
Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 5 - 2020

Not many venues in the league I haven’t played at but West Croydon is one, something different to look forward to there. Heard Hanson Pizza is good for a post-game feed.

smallish oval but always very lush..even smaller visitor rooms..probably the smallest you will see for senior footy..spring rolls from the shop on the corner are excellent!
Worst away change rooms in the competition, followed closely by Fitzroy, Mitchell Park and Pulteney.

Yes the spring rolls are good too on the corner.
Lutheran???
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pag wrote:Not many venues in the league I haven’t played at but West Croydon is one, something different to look forward to there. Heard Hanson Pizza is good for a post-game feed.

You'll love the change rooms...
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Netflix

Just started Narcos Mexico

Not sure I’m getting into this one as much as the original
Still in Series 1: does it get better?

I stuck with it. Episodes 6 - 10 were much better

Just finished it and Season 2 looks like its going to heat up with the gringos hitting back.
I'm looking forward to Season 2 now
If you haven't already watched it, you might like Queen of the South - another drug cartel related series
by Mr Beefy
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Confirmed Trial games - find your footy fix here

Arch44 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Rosewater v hamley and greenies 21st and 28th

Where is the Hamley being played Mr B?
Hamley
by Mr Beefy
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

LUCY CORNES’ APOLOGY AND RETRACTION
On 9 February 2020, my husband and I published statements via the SheDigital Instagram page stating that video content produced by SheDigital for Discovery Holiday Parks had been broadcast without consent on @southaussiewithcosi.

Since that time, I have been informed that:

1. South Aussie with Cosi made enquiries with Discovery Holiday Parks to obtain footage to be used in their segment;

2. Discovery Holiday Parks provided the footage to South Aussie with Cosi without the consent of She Digital;

3. Discovery Holiday Parks simply did not appreciate the terms of the contract with SheDigital and the requirement to obtain consent;

4. Had Discovery Holiday Parks sought consent from SheDigital, it would have been provided; and

5. South Aussie with Cosi was not aware that SheDigital had produced the content for Discovery Holiday Parks.

I undertake to Andrew Costello and South Aussie with Cosi that the statement will not be repeated. The statement should not be repeated by any other person.

I wish to unreservedly apologise to Mr Costello and South Aussie with Cosi for my statement and for the damage and distress it has caused.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

amber_fluid wrote:I don’t care what anyone says about Lucy, she deserves a medal being married to a Cornes.

Maybe she deserves a Cornes?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

A wealthy hospital benefactor was being shown around the hospital.

During her tour, she passed a room where a male patient was masturbating furiously.

"Oh my GOD!" screamed the woman. "That's disgraceful! Why is he doing that?"

The doctor who was leading the tour calmly explained, "I'm very sorry that you were exposed to that, but this man has a serious condition where his testicles rapidly fill with semen, and if he doesn't do that at least five times a day, he'll be in extreme pain and his testicles could easily rupture."

"Oh, well in that case, I guess it's okay," said the woman...

As they passed by the next room, they saw a male patient laying in bed while a nurse performed oral sex on him.

Again, the woman screamed, "Oh my GOD! How can THAT be justified?"

Again the doctor spoke very calmly: "Same illness, better health fund."
by Mr Beefy
Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Heading to KI today for the cup and some fishing
by Mr Beefy
Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1 - Corona(man)virus, Spargo Flu & Booney Fever

I've organised to go to Sydney for Saturday night's game, catch up with some mates etc.....but then I realised it's Slipper day so the chances of getting to the games are very slim
by Mr Beefy
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

amber_fluid wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:

Keep posting mate.
You’re one of the few on here who does make any sense.

Bit like me hey Amber? ;)

I’d put us both in that boat mate ;)

Ruby Princess?
by Mr Beefy
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Should probably stay how it is at the moment I would have thought. Your daughter stays with mum and your partner's kids stay with you guys until it all sorts itself out. That's just my opinion though of course.

Why?
If the kids are going to school anyway I don’t think it matters if they change between families.

Because going from home to school is exposing you to two environments.

Going from home to school to another home is exposing yourself to 3 environments and exposing the two homes to each other.

#riskmanagement
Good to see Booney's on Team Bum Crack :lol:

It's all a load of absolute wank. I'm happy to have a 2 week lock down at home binging on Netflix though.
Haven't you changed your tune!!
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Confirmed cases as of 0700 hrs this morning 186 new cases in the last 24 hrs So far appears only 181,000 tests have been conducted Australia wide

Australian Capital Territory

New South Wales

Northern Territory

Queensland

South Australia

Tasmania

Victoria

Western Australia

Id be interested to see how those numbers stack up on a per capita breakdown. While 520 for Vic, is not great, on Population perhaps its not so bad. Note not trying to down play the seriousness here.....
corona.png
by Mr Beefy
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jim05 wrote:From midnight Saturday night ALL incoming passengers from overseas get a free 2 week hotel stay to quarantine

I dont get why people are still coming in
by Mr Beefy
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Speaking of missing jocks, is Lano on a suspension? Also anyone know how Todd Pannell is after yesterday's tumble?

Reckon I read somewhere that Damien Lane got a three month contract riding overseas, can’t remember where though.

Remember thinking at the time was weird timing with everything going on in the world, be better off sticking to Melbourne for now. Japan?
by Mr Beefy
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:For what its worth China reported over 1000 deaths yesty

For what’s its worthy it wasn’t 1000 new deaths.

It was a revision from miscalculations throughout the crisis.

If you say so.
I dont believe for a second that "China got through to the other side" with only 4.600 odd deaths.
by Mr Beefy
Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lockdown/Quarantine activities

For those of you using Zoom or a video conference app to catch up with people I was in a chat on the weekend, 5 couples, we all wrote 1 through 5 on a card ( I sent everyone their number before the chat ), when you wanted to talk next you hold the card up so everyone can see you want to speak, that way you can avoid talking over each other.
Booney trying to control whats happening, i dont believe it :D

What odds on Booney being number 1.

3. Wankers.

Worked very well, I imagine if you had friends you'd also find it helpful. Isnr there a put your hand up function in zoom? Or is that teams?
by Mr Beefy
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not as juicy as Spargo's, but I remember being with my mate at the Lockley's Hotel for 2009 Melbourne Cup day. I used to always over capitalise on the Cup itself so that year I made a rule and said just the one W/P bet, so chucked $50ew on Shocking. Beautiful, thats worked out well. After that the suds are kicking in nicely combined with the knowledge it's not going to be a losing day. Mates losing all day then lands a $20 shot in the penultimate race and we're firing on all cylinders and decide to box 4 horses up for a Tri in the last. Get to the Tab counter, lady tells me one of them's scratched, so I get her to replace it with her favourite number. Watch the race, we have the 2nd place, Tab chick picked 3rd, but alas we've missed the winner. Check the ticket before discarding and wait a minute, we have all 3, WTF? Check the other side to find that I'd accidentally brushed over No. 8 with the faintest stroke of the pen, so that had been included. Think it turned our $20 into $900 :)

I had the Trif that Melb Cup, I had just dropped into the Rosewater Pub after knocking off work early but I had to go to the tab to collect it. Cant remember exactly how much it was, might have been around the $4.5k mark.
by Mr Beefy
Fri May 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JK wrote:Farg me what a pig of a day! Punting gods having a good laugh today

just gor out of the poo on Bella Vella
by Mr Beefy
Sat May 02, 2020 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: North Melbourne

You'd assume the code of conduct covers this sort of thing.
Throw the book at whoever took the photo and teach the cops its not OK to ruin someone's life to make a quick buck.
2 years is a little over the top but at least name those involved and get their heads on TV and print.
Trust a cop in Victoria..... Nope, pass!
so you want to ruin someones life by getting their names and heads in print? ironic?
by Mr Beefy
Mon May 04, 2020 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1st Bets placed
Wed R9 #12 Nashville Sound $25,000 @ $5
Today R7 The Field v #5 Ablaze $20,000 @ $1.81
Today R8 #5 Robbies Star $10,000 @ $6
Apparently we're betting at Bundy as well...a cupla interest bets

Bundaberg Race 2 #6 Little Drummer Boy $2,300 at $8.50
Bundaberg Race 4 #1 Splitz $3,400 at $3.10
Bundaberg Race 4 #2 Al’s Briefs $2,300 at $7.50
by Mr Beefy
Tue May 05, 2020 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jack Oatey Medallists

I recall Barry Barbary coming to my family house at Pt Wakefield to see if I wanted to play for the mighty Peckers - it wouldn't be unfair to say he was a better player than talent spotter.
by Mr Beefy
Tue May 05, 2020 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

whufc wrote:New mystery illness related to Covid coming out of America, 3 children dead

Kawasaki disease is not new, and is possibly related
by Mr Beefy
Wed May 13, 2020 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Betting Sites, Good or Bad

I had a crack at Trekking at $8.50 yesterday
by Mr Beefy
Thu May 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL - Round 4 - For those still playing along at home

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Would love to hear the discussion between Horse and the big Cox
Mine's bigger than yours?

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eclectic Racing Names

Hoof Hearted was a good one

by Mr Beefy
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oooh yeah

by Mr Beefy
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round nintelevewelve

He ought to be congratulated
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SOURCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrDZec8-X3Q

Found this little ripper on You Tube Alan Jones Sky News.

Wow there are stats and more stats.

He has made some big statements.

It seems we are all suffering from Corona Phobia.

PS Daisy you will like these sats and his comments.
ALAN JONES!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH *DEEP BREATH* HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
He is the shepherd for the flock of sheep to which Apache and Daisy belong
by Mr Beefy
Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bum Crack wrote:what are the numbers from yesterday?

372, 14 deaths
by Mr Beefy
Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If we cancelled Victoria’s lockdown immediately, and its cases were permitted to grow at 1000 a day, the whole state would be infected in no time. By “no time”, of course, I mean 18 years. No wonder they’re frightened: at that rate it could sweep through the entire country in little more than 70 years. Luckily, in recent times we have been adding 1000 people to our population every day. Phew. Dodged a bullet there.

How does this idiot propose to restrict cases to 1000 per day?
Anyway 222 new cases in Vic yesty
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Arch44 wrote:Shout out and congrats to Kym Rasheed playing his 450th tomorrow at Fitzroy.
Yep, well done Rash. 250 of those at Rosewater, zero handballs.

by Mr Beefy
Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West End Brewery

Stick ya fruity craft beers up ya arse.
#wed4me

by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Retirements and delistings / trade talk

Wedgie wrote:How many people have Geelong picked up with FA?
I thought they were pretty renown for making fair trades instead of relying on FA?

Only one free agent played on Saturday night for the cats - Luke Dahlhaus, rest were trades
by Mr Beefy
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2020 Melb Cup Day Punters Club

In retrospect I'm happy if there's double ups and the %age increases.

Keep them private to Dutchy IMO.
Its the only way to go, otherwise you get single digit %.

You know what will happen, no one will put the favourite in because someone else will, and, well, it will run a drum!

In retrospect, I wish we were doing this on derby day!
by Mr Beefy
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |