Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Even better when you back it
by Mr Beefy
Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:
morell wrote:Utterly agree, which is why we've had 5+ seasons of good behaviour to gain our title :D

except for that one guy who went skitz during the final at Glandore a couple of years back ;)

That was the incident that I thought of, it was 2013 Prelim
by Mr Beefy
Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Penalties for paying players in the SAAFL

Bombers4EVA wrote:I did mention at one point earlier this year that player payments (especially under the table) need to be addressed. Maybe someone's ears from the SAAFL headquarters were burning.

Why would anyone pay a player "under the table", there is no salary cap so you can them whatever they want?
by Mr Beefy
Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs squished together....

jo172 wrote:From memory @morell did some really interesting work this time last year extrapolating census data to the location of players and clubs. Still have those images handy?

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=39455&start=220
by Mr Beefy
Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs squished together....

Footy Chick wrote:that would've been harder than the circles :lol:

the circles just look like mangled olympic logos :lol:

I more meant diving Adelaide into 4 and going from there ;)

I just got my old spirograph set out!
by Mr Beefy
Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

ROOBOY18 wrote:This will test the new "3 player rule" Aloisi, Hickey, Craven, Leigh, McIntyre all played or were signed at Salisbury West last season.

Might be wrong but dont think it matters if they have played 25 games there previously.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

They dismantle the cars and then rebuild them upstairs :D
by Mr Beefy
Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

A division is not an affiliated league, the C9AFL is the affiliated league.

Another poorly thought out rule by the C9AFL (who now control the CFL, hence it has been added), aimed to protect their league, will just make opposition players within the league more attractive as they are 0 pointers, watch the cannibalism!
9.5 Affiliated Leagues that have divisional competitions will consider each division as a League for the purpose of implementing the APPS.

Good
Yes, you were wrong, no apology needed
by Mr Beefy
Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

They might have had to shave a bit off their footy budget?
by Mr Beefy
Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

bennymacca wrote:
Baron Greenback wrote:This might seem like a silly question, but:
I've got tickets to Friday and Saturday (original day 1 and 2).
Will they still be for the Friday and Saturday, or will they be for the new day 1 and 2 on Tuesday and Wednesday?

For the new day 1 and 2

Or refund
by Mr Beefy
Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: F***ing Umpires

I admire and respect all umpires, they are grossly undervalued and underpaid
by Mr Beefy
Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 5 - 2015

Footy Chick wrote:that probably wouldn't surprise me, with Bob Cross being appointed coach and he's taken a couple of the old state team crew over with him.

You're not sure if it was a surprise or not? ;)
by Mr Beefy
Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 1 - 2015

marbles wrote:Would that qualify tuck for the disabled footballer division c7?

With posts like this I would think you would qualify.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Would love to see who is the fittest from each club is and compare all there times.. Anthony pontt at two wells is a freak at most distances but when it comes to long distance Bryce hart runs like he is from Kenya!
Balaklava Triathlon March 15. Get them around it.

Where's the water?
Wakefield River....
by Mr Beefy
Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:Such a magnificently curated oval out there too, I wonder what will become of it.

It will have a fence around it and soccer goals in no time - probs going up as we speak
by Mr Beefy
Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

There's a typo comminuty
by Mr Beefy
Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

zedman wrote:
twobob wrote:
Leroy wrote:Rosewater having a vote whether they move up to Div 3.. Would be a massive jump from Div 6 to 3 in one year!

So do we know how this vote went

i reckon they might be off to div 3 based on one fb post i have seen!

Yeah nah.
by Mr Beefy
Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APPS New recruiting rules - Your thoughts?

scottroo wrote:Saafl is one league mate I spoke to jk the other day

This is different to what JK told me a while ago.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why will no team come up from div 7 or down from div 5?

Kilburn to div 3, Salisbury to div 5, luthiers or woody south to div 6

Anyone?

Why should Salisbury, Lutheran or Woodville South have to move down to accommodate Brahma, one of the architects (along with SW, MP, Kilburn) of the League's present problem?
I'm not against anyone coming up with an idea to have a chat about, but I'm confused as to why you think we should we go from Div 3 down to Div 5?
Its the Brahma way
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You met 3 blokes that are on crack
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mt carmel have been trying to buy up all properties next to the school for decades and use the oval for sport. We have a good relationship with them and they use the clubrooms occassionally for school activities. For what is worth we have a 30 year lease on the clubrooms.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's about the integrity of the competition , not the survival of individual clubs. D7 is ruined this year. It's a farce. It's a joke. It wouldn't even be worth the time if it wasn't a rebuilding opportunity to be brutal.

All because of what? Some minor logistical obstacles?

Turn it up.

ok name another competition in the country that plays cgraders against fully fledged agraders.

start asking div 4, div 5, div 6 clubs to fulfill your div 7 voids - or is that inappropriate?
Hills league
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or, can North Pines actually get two teams up? If they can, do you put Salisbury West side in the vacant D6 bye leaving D7 with 8 teams, some of whom play each other three times in a bye-less (June long weekend withstanding) fixture.
I'm hearing sals west are also not far off getting two teams

If they do then it's back to Div 3. Otherwise it sets a very dangerous precedent. ;)
Precedent was set last year by BL
by Mr Beefy
Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Look Good In Leather wrote:
morell wrote:The side that beat us late in the year was pretty good.

:shock:
Week before: Blackfriars OS 33.14 d Angle Vale 3.5
Week after: Mawson Lakes 30.23 d Angle Vale 8.4

Thats a fair improvement on their efforts against BOS earlier in the season...
71.34 to 5.1
by Mr Beefy
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RustyCage wrote:A good place to get cheap packing boxes?

Someone asked me to like this on facebook the other day:
http://movingboxesandcartons.com.au/
by Mr Beefy
Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup 2015

The Cricket World Cup tournament team was selected by former England players Jonathan Agnew, Michael Vaughan and Vic Marks, and Australian commentator Jim Maxwell.
by Mr Beefy
Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day

I'm not a fan of before midday either - but if the RSL don't wish death upon anyone choosing to play before midday, then why should we....

The RSL have always taken the line that the Diggers fought for our freedom and as a result do not want to impose restrictions on us going on with our regular life. Part of that is playing football on Saturdays during the winter. Even been in a position socially where someone offers something, that technically, sure, they said it's fine, but really it felt like you should have politely declined out of respect?
Like going third man in ?
by Mr Beefy
Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anzac Day

I don't know what your on but i have beer, meat and can watch the sanfl if i choose, might even throw the leg over if mrs beefy is conducive to it.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 4 - 2015

I think the lengthis more like this
largsnorth.JPG
by Mr Beefy
Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why don't you ask @Half Back Flanker?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player records

They only need to provide a copy of the old iScore database. I dont think they are talking about going back more than 10 years.
by Mr Beefy
Mon May 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Henley Smithfield Marbles Approved 2015-04-10 2015-04-10
by Mr Beefy
Mon May 11, 2015 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I reckon attendances would go up by simply not scheduling games on Saturday afternoon. The "wider football community" are playing for or watching local clubs at this time...and not seeing "18 man presses"
by Mr Beefy
Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: C4 - season 2015

In their defence, a number of their blokes tried to stop him so it isn't the whole team or club
by Mr Beefy
Wed May 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: APRA License

No they would need an Entertainment licence from the liquor licencing mob. However, if they were to play recordings of artists/bands that are member of APRA, they should pay an APRA fee and display the little sticker you get sent.
by Mr Beefy
Tue May 19, 2015 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GWW wrote:Not fully glass.

I will search for Better H & G info. Thanks :)

Smash it and put it in the bin...
by Mr Beefy
Fri May 29, 2015 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If I make Pines too short, then Houghton blow out to odds too long for a side that drew with Pines earlier in the year and had a massively depleted side on Saturday.
I'm just taking the piss mate, I reckon North Pines will go down as the best ever Div. 7R side to grace the ammo's.
Nah mate, that title will always belong to the Henley sandbaggers.
What was Modbury's D Grade called a couple of years back?
Something about flexing?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mass debate with Morell

It's easy to see why your team mates would yell "You're right Morgs! You're right morgs! You're right" when you're standing in the full forwards path. Pity the full forward wasn't Plugga Lockett...
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wasn't a pretty day for the Crabs, from the get go in both grades we were lackluster. Nearly everyone walked into the change rooms pretty embarrassed with themselves.
To make matters worse a few of the boys found around $400 missing from wallets (NOTE: this is not me accusing anyone at MP, I played with a lot of their guys last year and think a lot of them are great guys). It was more an unfortunate circumstance where new players were unaware of the valuables bag and those running late just put it in their bag.
Will hopefully over the next few weeks be regaining a few guys from injuries who are yet to play/played a quarter this year.
You guys would be itching to get a win.
As long as they don't play shellfish football
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We're half way there

Constructive Post incoming.....

Personally, I thought going from 5 to 4 would bring a bigger challenge than we've faced so far. After that GF loss last year, I thought we had the strongest team in Divvy 5, and was pretty surprised we lost how we did. (Missing a key back pocket in the A's hurt I think).

So, then I rock up to preseason and see this bunch of players that have come to play with Andy Lipson (all guys he coached at Port Maggies) and mates of Matt Reed, etc. And knew straight away I was a full-time B grader at best.

These young guys trained harder than I've ever seen someone train before, and the way they go about their footy is as close to professional as I'll ever come.

People rag on Tom Lipson, but for the obvious wanker he is, he has a good footy mind, and adds heaps to the team from the sidelines. I would have loved to have played some footy with him, but our injuries happened at different times, meaning I never got to.

You would think bringing guys into the As would push a few guys down, but with injuries, etc, the Bs are mostly the same blokes that played Bs for the last 3 or 4 years. Lots of natural ability, and we go out there aiming to enjoy ourselves. As a backman, the last 4 games have been shithouse, because we've kicked something like 110+ goals in the 4 games, meaning not much ball down my end.
Well said mate.

Massive test for us this Saturday against HV, it'll really show us where we're at.
I think being 8-0 and top of the ladder might really show you where you are at, rather than a side that's 2-5 and sitting 7th...
Reckon he was talking about the B grade
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

morell wrote:
As an aside, how many runners are we able to have on the ground?

One, I think you can 2 runners but only one on the ground at anytime
by Mr Beefy
Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Lets use Victoria for a comparison, do they have the same issue?
No in fact their competitions are as strong as they have ever been and attendances are very healthy.

Unsustainable player payments, clubs folding or merging, competition and league structures under review, clubs changing leagues, yeah everything is rosy over there. Points system being introduced next year.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Points System Is Crucifying Country Footy

Salary cap won't work , how are you going to stop the wheat farmer or the potato grower from employing a bloke for 2 days and giving him $600 . The cfl should actually get of there butt ,
go and watch a few games and get a feel of what's going on out there.
Apps system only rewards mediocrity why should clubs that win Gf or play finals get penalised?
Give every club the same amount of points or get rid of it.
Salary cap can work if players are made to sign stat decs on what & how they're paid.
What a load of crap APPS rewards mediocrity, it stops clubs buying flags year after year.

Makes you wonder then how all these leagues/clubs survived in some cases for over 100 years, thank god for the points system the saviour of local footy :roll:
Oh yeah, I forgot about all the leagues/clubs that have been paying massive amounts of dollars* since the 1920's, silly me. :roll:
*Pounds
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Geelong 2015

Menzel back this week in the VFL, good luck to the lad.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Club Payments Crackdown

oyster is being very shellfish
by Mr Beefy
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My man cave is 6m x 6m, I need to put 6 x 6m roof beams in to give my ceiling more to to hold on to so the gyprock doesn't sag, I also need to put the gyprock up.
There's a roller door that needs removing and replaced with galvanised sheeting then gyprocked on the internal wall.
The rest of it is all lined and insulted .

What would be a reasonable cashy quote?
Did you call the rest of the walls names?
by Mr Beefy
Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As has been pointed out, any team can beat any team on any given day. We dropped a few that were costly. Our best was good enough but we couldn't produce it often enough.
by Mr Beefy
Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |