Search found 464 matches

Return

Re: AFL Round 5 already and what goes with it

Q. wrote:Why doesn't Gibson go to Hawkins?!
cos he plays like maxwell
by Mr Beefy
Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Cos last year's Div 4 grand finalist is in Div 5...
by Mr Beefy
Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Best era of AFL/VFL footy

The best era was shown on channel 7 on Monday before the Cats - Hawks game, the GARY ABLETT SNR era.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Matt Rendell - Racist or Realist?

Plenty of non-aboriginal players have done the same.
Just like plenty of both aboriginal and non-aboriginal players have managed to adjust to what is required to play top level footy.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your guide to ANZAC day matches

Rosewater is one and, for what it's worth, I would prefer no games before midday.
However, I will be paying my respect at Dawn Service, followed by rum and coffee at breakfast and then copious amounts of beer.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves. The Pros and Cons:

John - you have it in a nutshell.
Mr. Beefy - can you really be that obtuse ? Look at the site you are on, of course opinions will be from an SANFL perspective. If you want supercilious, condescending self congratulations go to any AFL skewed site, simple really ! :roll:
Far from it two dogs. The site says safooty, last I checked there were 2 SA AFL reserves team in the SANFL. I guess if I go to an AFL site I wont get the chip on the shoulder, woe is me, stuck in the 70s cock knockers like you on it.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

[ah no danger at all. Think Rosies are a much improved side than last year and I reckon they'll account for Blackfriars for about 7 - 8 goals.
Massive danger game if you ask me, Rosies may be much improved but so are BOS judging by results so far.

Last season
Round 6: BOS lost by 16 points at Rosewater, at that stage Rosewater were undefeated with a % of 65.47 and BOS had recorded just the 1 win.
Round 15: BOS won by 43 points at home, Rosewater had only previously dropped one game leading into that match and sat top of the ladder while BOS were 5th.

That tells me that stack up reasonably well and that BOS are a far better side at home.. underestimate them at your peril..
Incorrect, BOS were the first mob to knock us off. :D
by Mr Beefy
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Koch Head

Serious, nothing wrong with footy park?
by Mr Beefy
Sat May 10, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Final 5 with 9 teams (like in D6 last year. I think if there are only 8 teams then it might be a final 4
by Mr Beefy
Mon May 12, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: HH3

by Mr Beefy
Tue May 13, 2014 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Is it coincidence the quality dropped when B4E returned?
by Mr Beefy
Tue May 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They're up against it mate. Poor numbers at training, Losing a heap of blokes pre season the coach leaving coming up a Div its probably all a bit much for a club that maybe wasn't quite reading for the jump in divisions.

They seem to have good junior numbers coming through, Great club room in an expanding area they'll be fine long term just need to weather the storm this year it would seem
Where did all the players go? You would've thought that going up a div would attract players. Not players leaving to other clubs. Was it because of the old coach leaving? Or they didn't like the new coach? Who knows eh.
They left cos they couldn't give 2 hoots :oops:
by Mr Beefy
Thu May 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Time for a ball re-design?

Sherrin now make full size flouro balls for night training under poor lights. They come in yellow white pink or red. I like lamp
by Mr Beefy
Fri May 23, 2014 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Out of curiosity, whom on here owns their own bar, as in, when you buy a beer, where and to whom does that money go, and along a similar vein, who staffs the bar, volunteers or paid workers?
We have a paid bar manager and all profits go to the club. Ditto, and along with the 12 months revenue we get the 12 months expenses which can be quite a burden during the slow months
by Mr Beefy
Mon May 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

I think Satdy night footy at AO had a big affect on numbers, esp at club pressos.
by Mr Beefy
Mon May 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Millions in undisclosed payments will sink SA amateur clubs, warn football chiefs

"Brown paper bags and football mercenaries threaten to undermine a positive culture built around social inclusion that has served many for a long time,’’ Mr Kernahan said.

"The pair both said they wouldn’t be surprised if payments across the state’s 277 clubs now totalled $20 million."

“What is important here and must be protected at all costs is the social fabric of society that has been built by generations around community sport and football in particular,’’ Mr Kernahan said.

Mr Kernahan said 2014 was proving a tipping point on the issue, and believed most clubs, both city and country, agreed changes were needed.

Mr Kernahan also said Australian Taxation Office clarification should be sought on what constituted a “hobby’’ income in sport.

Sounds very familiar. 8)

"but, but, but, my club can do it, therefore it's totally sustainable and it's ok, we wont have anyone to play against, but oh well" :roll:
Average of over $72k per club, righto. :roll: Whats the median? No idea cos the numbers are made up.
by Mr Beefy
Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

Junior football to me is about getting a decent breakfast on a Sunday morning and checking out the MILFs, oh, and I'll watch my lad play and/or umpire.
by Mr Beefy
Thu May 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

On the other hand, I couldn't give a stuff what you want for your D grade, whatever is best for the majority of clubs that have A, B, and C grades. Just saying.....
by Mr Beefy
Sat May 31, 2014 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

How many teams in the league now compared to 10 or 20 years ago?
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wingfield Royals Up & About

I didn't think footy was their primary focus at Wingies, I thought they only cared about their darts team and their Sunday sculling sessions.
by Mr Beefy
Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rosies up by about 9 goals to united, but today was one of the worst umpiring displays ive seen this year for both sides..
I think centrals woukd think the same

Your not wrong rosewater were way to big and strong for us, but we have had the same peanut for the last 3 games.. spoils a good afternoon trying guess what trick big trevor will pull out next.
He's not still getting around surely, big Trev is a shocker, always was and always will be, he was useless 10 years ago..
completely useless
by Mr Beefy
Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

u need to enlarge your scope PG, and whether u do or not aint gonna mean shit when the league decides which way it needs to go. No doubt, and if the league was to move in a certain direction I have no doubts that my club would support the league and continue to work on our improvement - but we aren't going to go out and start petitioning for a change for the sake of a minority .

minority??

15 clubs with c & d grades = 30 teams

30 teams * 21 men = 630 men every season

630 men each paying $10 a game = $6300 per round

$6300 * 18 rounds = $113400 a season injected into the SAAFL every season

phht minority[/quote]
Henley with c & d grades = 2 teams
1 team * 21 men + 1 team * 21 sandbaggers = 42 players
42 players paying henley fc $500 a season = $21000
$21,000 a season injected into the henley A grade player's pockets
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marbles has his own opions that alot of Henley people dont agree with he is one person in a big club not all of us think like him.
I believe this is a backward step for our club if it happens.The club should be looking at playing the best div they can and div 7 is it.

Barnyard has his own opinions that a lot of people at henley dont agree with, he is one person at a big club not all of us think like him.

Barnyard u refuse to observe that our dwindling numbers are linked to our c-graders cant be bothered playing a-graders, no one seems to wanna face up and say we're losing players because of it

we're next in line champ, tea tree gully, broadview, shocs and flinders park have hit this wall already, and as recent meetings have told us, we too are very close

meanwhile div 8 clubs are flourishing having a wonderful time, can you see the connection yet?

i cant change your mind only you can but until you realize our c-grade is one very unappealing environment, youll continue to care more for the clubs ego, than its survival

join a c-grade super league and you watch the numbers return. (for all clubs). id rather see 50 joyful happy men flourishing around the club looking forward to every game, than 30 men on their last legs struggling to fill 2 sides
If you mean by struggling, having your D Grade top of the D7R ladder, then yeah, that would be tough.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Stop saying you volunteer your time when you are paid for your time!
Volunteers can be paid in cash, given non-cash benefits or given a combination of both cash and non-cash benefits. These payments are given various descriptions, including honorariums reimbursements (an honorarium can describe:an honorary reward for voluntary services; a fee for professional services voluntarily rendered) and allowances

Where a person’s activities are a pastime or hobby – rather than income producing – money and other benefits received from those activities are not assessable income

A payment that is not assessable to a volunteer will have many of the following characteristics.

The payment is to meet incurred or anticipated expenses.
The payment has no connection to the recipient’s income-producing activities or services.
The payment is not received as remuneration or as a consequence of employment.
The payment is not relied upon or expected by the recipient for day-to-day living.
The payment is not legally required or expected.
There is no obligation on the part of the payer to make the payment.
The payment is a token amount compared to the services provided or expenses incurred by the recipient. Whether the payment is token depends on the full facts surrounding the payment and recipient’s circumstances.

So in short - yes a volunteer can be paid and they still are classed as a volunteer.
I'll go with a dictionary definition rather than an interpretation.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Metro U18s

back to back won by 9 points
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA v Vic Metro U18s

Vic Metro 1.3 5.6 7.9 10.10 (70)
South Australia 4.1 5.6 8.8 11.13 (79)

GOALS
Vic Metro: Laverde 3, Miller 2, Ahern, Moore, Payne, Castagna, De Goey
South Australia: Hone 4, Daniel 3, Carey 2, Read, Rose

BEST
Vic Metro: Laverde, De Goey, Petracca, Ahern, Miller, Brayshaw
South Australia: Daniel, Hone, Neal-Bullen, Stretch, Rose, Carey

Petracca won Larke medal
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I'm not sure Shaw ;) is ready either.

He missed a big portion of last year, missed alot of the pre-season and has only just got up and running, being competitive at SANFL level. His time will come and no need to throw him in it right now IMO.

On the flip side, Butcher doesn't deserve his spot but it may be a case of now or never for Butch. Here's your chance, take it or we'll have to make the call on you.

Having said that and knowing Port are really keen on Scotty Lycett from the Eagles, he must be chased hard.

A bloke I don't rate much might also help us while Shaw and Harvey build themselves to AFL level, Jarrod Waite, could he be worth a two year deal? Carlton will almost certainly move him on at years end, he would be relatively cheap as he won't get inundated with offers and he'd know he'd be a chance ot play finals football at Port.

As I said, I don't really rate him but Schulz and Westhoff would make Waite the third tall and not the first one taking the best defender.

Do you think Hinkley will be looking at Butcher as trade bait? Or it will be a case of Butcher finding himself without an AFL contract at the end of the season?

I reckon Butcher will get the chop.

regards,

REB
He needs a lot of sausage rolls in the next few weeks but is form to date has been offal
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flat quarters with the allowance of time on/off as the umpire(s) see fit e.g slow ball return after goal or serious injury... I like it.

Really.....who is going to define "slow" ball return...Good luck in getting a consensus on that one......and by serious injury do we mean a compound fracture or just some loud screaming from someone clutching his nuts..... :roll:
Why does there need to be a consensus? What is wrong with putting the power in the hands of the umpire? Surely you can tell after a goal if the ball coming back is taking a while and affecting the game time... like when everyone is standing there in position waiting and waiting.

Serious injury, no different to the way B grade is at the moment - they dont have time off, but umpires do still blow for time off when an injured player is either affecting play/going to be in the way or a stretcher/assistance from the field is required. It's not rocket science
How about we play by the rules - it's not rocket science.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

anyway the following clubs all go to the league requesting they wish to play in a league of their own....

Henley Cs & Ds
Modbury Cs & Ds
Smosh Cs & Ds
TTG Cs & Ds
SHOCs C & ds
PAC Cs & Ds
Golden Grove Cs & Ds
Payneham Cs & Ds

what officially does the league have to do here? do all 64 clubs have to agree with this OR does the c9afl have to put the needs of their BLUE-CHIP clubs first and simply go ahead with what their BLUE CHIP clubs require??
The league proposes gradings, the clubs vote yes or no. So the vote might be 56-8.
by Mr Beefy
Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Q. wrote:
I work and play footy in agriculture, the prediction is that 2015 will bring a dry winter...there's a marketing exploit - "You won't have to play in the rain this year!"
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super C Grade Poll

Yes it does have a bias, and as you have said, so do you towards "blue chip" clubs.
PS. don't clog up my topic with your crap, you have enough topics to do that with already.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to Gamble/How not to Gamble

The problem, in my opinion, with any sort of system, is that it assumes you, and everybody else can consistently beat the bookies using it. If that was true every bookie would be broke. Bookies also have dozens of people whose sole job is to set odds, and if they wanted to they could also utilise these sorts of systems too or at least develop counter strategies to them

That's not how bookmaking works in Australia though. The basic business model they all follow is

1. Suck people in with free bets etc
2. Ban and restrict those who win
3. Keep giving lollies to the losers so they come back for more and get hooked

Setting competitive markets is a secondary consideration - there is little incentive for them to do much more than have people monitoring Betfair and the other bookies and just copying off the consensus odds like sheep.
They find that their money is much better spent on advertising and promotions than to invest in developing more accurate odds. The game is much easier if you are playing against idiots than if you are playing against people who know what they are doing!

Hence it isn't that hard to win in the short term, but it is hard to win in the long term as profitable accounts are usually restricted or banned - that's the easy way out for them.
http://i59.tinypic.com/mk96c.jpg
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Has Mick Malthouse lost the plot?

His record is second to none.............and he will go down as one of the best coaches of all times!!
Doesn't change the fact he is the biggest most arrogant knob to grace this earth!!
Second to none? There are plenty in front of him, not saying he is a shit coach but..

who has a better record......games coached....win/loss ratio.....premierships?
there may be 1 or 2 but he has to be right up there.
He's still a knob though!!!
Jock McHale.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PHOS v Camden v PHOS Camden

Henley have been a bit promiscuous over the years
by Mr Beefy
Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Q. wrote:Why do forwards get votes? Everyone else is doing the work to get it to them :D

Cos they play on the best players ;)
by Mr Beefy
Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

I'm giving this a go

by Mr Beefy
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Heard a few people at GX including a short serial offender are in trouble again for abusing umpires last Saturday

In his defence, the umpire reported a GX player for allegedly using the word cheat without, I am told any profanities or obscenity included, and so the 'short serial offender' was trying highlight what may well be a trivial report and a waste of everyone's time on a Wednesday night.
You don't have to use profanities or obscenities to be offensive.
Touche! However I think its time some of these umpires toughened up just a bit
Call an umpire a cheat and you question his character, ethics and morals, call an umpire a stupid, dumb, blind maggot and he might just shrug his shoulders and move on (although I wouldn't recommend it....).
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Yeah, a bit rich complaining that an oval is too dry in the middle of winter.

Still runs the bloody wrong way though ;)

Well if it ran the other way the wings would be too wide and the length would be too short....
by Mr Beefy
Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry SMG. Lindblom Park is definitely East-West. When I was a nipper there was two ovals, with a smaller oval to the left of the clubrooms where the juniors played and the larger over in front. It then got reconfigured to run North-South about the time the changerooms got built (used to use the ones the soccer uses now) and the small oval was scrapped. So played U9-U12 playing North-South and then U14-U18 playing East-West.
We dont talk East-West now, we talk cardinal degrees.
by Mr Beefy
Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Cos you're better at the rules than I am. :lol:

Open up the rules and regs, Ctrl + F, type in runner, Enter...
by Mr Beefy
Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In the last quarter the taller umpire with the cap paid two 25m penalties for two separate infringements. Definitely no 50m penalty.
C Grade game i'm talking about - there was one whistle and signal and the fullback was advanced from the goal square to outside 50
Was he kicking out from a point?
Yeah
Any free kick would then be taken from the back of the centre square. If a runner or waterboy is in the 50m arc that sounds about right to me.
by Mr Beefy
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Williams from Rosies should win the medal, only watched him a couple of times this year but from all reports he is Rosies biggest ball winner.
Think Taylor has gone underrated at Rosies, he does a lot of work off the ball and isn't getting the praise deserved.
No worries Tails.. :D

Is Ryan Medhurst a smokey for the Div 6 Reserve medal?
Nothing surer
by Mr Beefy
Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Old Dog New Tricks wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Woodward - why invite him?

They invite Rosewater to compete in the finals - what's the difference?

Eligibility
by Mr Beefy
Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Internet service providers

Yes its still shit. The internet drops out. That is the problem. The guy at Adam can see every dropout on his computer and he says it should definitely not be doing that.

The router to the phone/latpop/desktop/ps4 stays connected via wifi/ethernet cable. The problem is there is no internet services coming through it from the exchange to my house.

Exchange -x- router ->- devices.

x - where the problem is.
Change the "x" to a ">" and problem fixed
by Mr Beefy
Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Biggest Finals Upsets

I don't think it has anything to do with being old scholars or whether or not you pay players. To me its far more critical that players get along at a club and socialise together But this is the exact point!

If you're an old scholars club, there is a reasonable chance that a lot of the players have known eachother for a long time, gone to school together, or at least socialised together outside of footy for a long time.

If you're a mercenary club that recruits players who are there for money, this wouldn't be the case - or at least not to the same degree, which might not cause divisions or mutiny or anything like that, I am sure they're still good people, but in cut throat finals, playing for your mates that you've known since year 9, counts for a bit.

Personally speaking, I played for a team in Victoria that paid players, I was one of them, and it was different. Everyone was friendly enough towards each other but it definitely wasnt a group of mates playing together.

It's a factor come finals time IMO and might go some way to explaining CLG choking against WOS all the time.
Maybe everyone else just didn't like you?
by Mr Beefy
Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vale Robbie Flower

Flower making people look stupid

by Mr Beefy
Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Mr Beefy
Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |