Search found 404 matches

Return

Re: Adelaide Oval - NEW Home of SA Footy

topsywaldron wrote:Looks like every effing ground in the world apart from the twenty metre section of hill they had to leave in.

At least the shops will be busy. :D

Adelaide Oval would have looked like every other ground in the world 100 years ago as well.
by The Sleeping Giant
Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

[quoteWhat is the reasoning behind the original post? Portland lost players or? Think the thunderdome will be quite tough for away teams!][/quote]

We will not have the services of 2 quality players this year, one moving to london and the other having a Knee Reco, but we are used to people writing us off and we like it. if you look over the last 4 years we have supposedly been getting relegated every year but some how we find our self in D1. Im by no stretch saying we will win the flag and we are aware how tough its going to be but a lot of good sides have made there may to the dome thinking we would be easy beats and left without the 2 points.
by piccachu
Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BL&G Football League

Gun's Gun's Gun's
would be worth every penny they are asking.
are you one of the three ?

No he's just from the opposition that would love to see them out of the comp.
I tend to agree, give Mercer what ever he is asking for.

He he worth the $1200 asking price though ?

If you want to win a flag you would pay
the two finals he play he kicked 16 straight.
by brook
Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Boyd has signed with South Adelaide...

Lachlan Boyd from the ammos in Melbourne...
by Big Phil
Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2013

SFC on a recruiting drive.

They have also signed Thompson from Angle Vale.[/quote]

has anything come about yet, is there a div 7 next year[/quote]
Gonna be a good year for us sfc got our full forward staying with us and got some new guns can't wait![/quote]

:shock:
by bickle
Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

marbles wrote:isnt there a point where a club should draw a line in the sand and send kids to struggling clubs

Has your club ever considered that Marbles?
by The Dark Knight
Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Why is it the Crows and their nuffy supporters think that not just the SANFL clubs but every club in the state should do everything they possibly can to make them successful?
We don't bend over to help Carlton or Kangaroos or Brisbane, the Crows are no different
You are not the state team.
There is probably more South Australians that support Victorian clubs than SA clubs
And probably more members of interstate sides aswell, not sure of other clubs but Essendon had just over 5,500 SA members and id think Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn would have similar if not more

What is with that? I've never understood the desire to follow, let alone become a member of an interstate AFL side. Sure there'd be a few that lived there or knew someone that plays for them, but what about the rest? What connection is there? Just pick a side you saw on tv one day? Liked the colours? Seems a bit plastic to me.

It is sh*t that there are more members of Essendon in SA than any SANFL club.

I've never understood the opposite as either a) people didn't follow the vfl and just jumped on board because a new team was nearby, these people I don't hold any respect for and they are nothing more than brain dead sheep
b) adults changed teams to support a new team, these people I don't respect as they have no loyalty
c) people never follow the game and jumped on board because of the hype, these cinema goers I can slightly understand, these people have no idea about the game and spend most of games booing the umpires
d) people who had family or friends playing for a new club, this minority have my respect
e) young kids made up their mind to follow a team using their own brainpower , these have my respect too.

Mind you I've also never understand how someone could follow a merged team too, if North merged with anyone they would be my most hated team in the league. Luckily people got off their arse and did something about that before it could happen.
by Wedgie
Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nelson Mandela Dies Aged 95

I can only admire the mental fortitude of this man. His strength of character must have been so amazing to have gone through what he did, yet still come out so sharp, determined and balanced to lead and unite his country.
R.I.P Nelson Mandela
by therisingblues
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Daniel Reardon to Henley sharks??
by Danky$$
Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Compiling Accurate Stats PAFC

Port Adelaide Football Club SANFL 1870 >

Port Adelaide Football Club AFL 1997 >

No need to thank me, Mark.
by Booney
Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who have Norwood screwed over more ????

Hiring an unqualified coach when the board had promised Oatey the job.

Ouch

How true is this? Was Oatey infact "promised" the job? Of course it's true. It's based on specific and credible intelligence that the Norwood inner sanctum only shares with UK Fan. It's not at all related to him being disappointed that his initial troll failed to hook many fish, so he had to try to beef up his own thread in the 6th post.
by SimonH
Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

Mr Beefy wrote:$300?

Warmer
by Boosh
Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

jaykay13 wrote:Just got on here - is this the NH website? Hope they are able to walk the walk! There will be better sides running around!

North Haven dont pay players
by superlative steve
Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: pure 2014 draw

Pure..... =)) =))

WAFW.
by Booney
Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Central United should be allowed to stay in div 6 if that's what the saafl agrees to they didn't finish near the relegation zone so they should be able to stay up. I think you'd find that the saafl would be keeping a close eye on them anyway, so I don't think they'd be allowed to slip up at all next year.
by piglet1
Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 BIG BASH

Brodlach wrote:Three of the last four games have been ordinary, hope tonights is a beauty.

Should be good. First home game, Big occassion, huge chance to set up our season and a crowd of around 30,000 expected. Its not Test cricket but none the less ; ADELAIDE STRIKERS - GET AROUND EM :D
by wristwatcher
Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Predictions for 2014

I'm going out on a limb here ... the Saints to continue to be a train wreck in 2014
by dedja
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

at last....... a coach that says he has the " the full backing of the board " might be safe
by old moz
Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Squids list of chuckers

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Does it work?

Yep, I haven't read any of UK Fans crap for months!
by Booney
Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Just when you thought Mighty Eagles "Nurses" thread and UK Fan's "Norwood screwed" thread couldn't be trumped along comes Apache with this ripsnorter.

I dips me lid to you, Apache. I dips me lid.
by Booney
Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Footy Chick wrote:Why didn't you train?

Probably a poor attempt at a deflection away from the fact doghouse is a player :lol:
by valleys07
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.

Yep but unfortunately for them he gets picked up with selection number 7 in the draft by GWS and goes on to win two brownlow medals and they never get to see the bloke play a game in the pretty teal

apparently woolworths has a special on kleenex tissues this week, you 2 might want to grab some.
by kickinit
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

sam fuller to rosewater feel sorry for the CHF or FF who he stands big solid unit runs straight lines dropping down to div 6 should dominate along with george long to ingle farm lot better players then div 6
by Robb_Stark
Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Black jellybeans are the only ones worth eating
by Brodlach
Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Doghouse13 wrote:How is Brad Dittmar looking at training piccachu..

Will be a smokey for the Medal imo

I think you have had a little too much smokey
by wristwatcher
Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nurses (desk calendar) Jokes, Antidotes, etc (no pics)

Please stop, my sides are going to burst ...
by dedja
Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Young coaches.

This old chestnut again... Sigh...
Mitch is an outstanding leader of men and has a fantastic football brain. He has been in the SANFL system for years and has been able to build on solid foundations of professionalism and skills laid by previous coaches. I have no doubt that he will be a strong coach this year, particularly with the trust that he has in the team around him.

Let's just nip this in the bud now... S Demon, the 'big purse' insinuation is an insult to Mitch and my club. To date, we will be playing with a total of 5 out of a possible 15 points. We have worked hard on recruiting the right player/person for our team and it has meant that the overwhelming number of players are there for the right reasons, and that does not equate to money. TTG has never, and will never, be a club that can afford to attract players based purely on money, and nor would we want to. Next time, before throwing out loose allegations and innuendo, feel free to contact me or someone else at the club who actually knows what goes on.
So i suppose Josh Hand left the big dollars behind at Geppies,cos he liked the idea of wearing a red and black guernsey :shock:
by TIRED TIGER
Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yank Man wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Some massive ins for Rosewater.

MASSIVE ins ww. If they gel, and there's no reason to suggest they won't, they could very well break some clubs hearts this year.

I dare say Scheff will be very good with his straight down line no bullshit approach. They will be there in September.
by wristwatcher
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

norm11 wrote:I'm hearing brahama lodge are coming into div 6. Who will be going up to div 5 ???

I'm pretty sure Mitchell Park have taken up the offer to go to Div 5.
by Q.
Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Face Book is such a bad place to post things

by Robb_Stark
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Henley are the dark horse in this comp,there a grade have recruited very well plus some coming back from injury,which means 10-12 players coming into the side from above.
What about the 18 that have cleared out? They all from D Grade?

:shock: did u not read the rules before signing up to the forum nichdanmatt?

"posting any praise or confidence towards henley will not be tolerated" haha
by marbles
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Para Districts Cricketer gets 5 year ban

F##king Facebook when will you idiots work it out.....

People are so stupid we have currently advertised for positions at work the first thing my work do once the applications are in is go through facebook and look at there profiles and filter through them. If you want ya sh!t out there post what you want! If your business is your business leave your day to day business to your self! Cause we couldn't give a f@#k anyway......

I don't think the PDCA should've suspended him for 5 years but on the other hand I think serves you right for being so stupid!
by carey
Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Port told me to stay at North Haven.....weird
by HH3
Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

No.9? Playing A's HH3? Isn't that Daniel Reardon?

Must have hit him pretty good HH3 as when i seen him at 4:30am he was still dazed and confused :D
by piccachu
Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Mr Beefy wrote:By the way, there are plenty more on the club fb page

Just had a look through. Some really good shots.

Is there an echo in here?

Capture.PNG
by HH3
Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I went and watchd the first half of the Haven and Rossies game on the weekend and was a reasonable game, Mattner is going to cause head aches up forward for D5 defenders and with the predicted return of the big Tommy Lipson in about round 4 oppositoin team would have big problems stopping them both, if they can get enough supply from there midfield i can see them kicking some pretty big scores

Tom who ?
by superlative steve
Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

PhilH wrote:Crowd - 4,015

Only 15 North fans rocked up?
by Jim05
Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

Bombers4EVA wrote:" No one from the Salisbury FC gets paid because they all love and enjoy the culture". What a load of rubbish. You cant tell me that a club in Div 3 doesnt pay players. Crap.

I don't know why but I'm always more inclined to believe it from Salisbury than from Uni.
by jo172
Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Phantom Gossiper wrote:My mail this evening is final nail in the coffin... "The Chics are dead, long live the Chics.." :(

It's not all doom and gloom. Their B grade only lost by 60 points
by wristwatcher
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Blah blah, you and few others make too many assumptions about what goes on at Rosies without knowing all the facts He is right in general though. Paying mercenaries results in short term success and long term pain.

If we had a $25k budget I would rather pay for 5 elite juniors, their mates and parents rather than 5 "gun" 25 yr olds.

Build the foundation from the bottom up and invest in juniors, in other words.

I don't think it's money that's holding clubs back from a solid junior program.
by Q.
Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

heater31 wrote:Does anyone know if Factories and offices in the vicinity of Elizabeth are closed today? Just tried calling a supplier of mine and the phone rang out. Not even a receptionist answered the call.....

Maybe they have Caller ID.....
by HH3
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wedding Venue

HH3 wrote:The only problem is we can't find anywhere that looks the way the missus wants

I find it extremely difficult to believe your missus is overly choosey.
by Spargo
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - live scores , results & what's gone down.

carey wrote:I didn't realise how bad Carlton are.

We're not 16th for no reason.
by gadj1976
Fri May 02, 2014 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Some season defining games this week i reckon.

Must wins and super keen to win....
Salisbury to climb out of relegation territory.
Athelstone with a new coach to prove his worth.
Pembroke against the division benchmark having only won against Kilburn.

To get some space between themselves and will be very close.....
Mitcham and Modbury
Unley and Plympton.

Can't find PNU in the fixture for this Div, must be playing elsewhere.
by laser
Wed May 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

he was asking a question, and said he hasnt been reading up on the issues. WTF?

No, you're right. There wasn't a single atom of smart ar*ed sarcasm in the question.

I humbly apologise.

Just wanted to check and I figured here was the best spot.

Does Topsy still follow the SANFL or does he just pop in from time to time and kick the shit can over?

I'd assume he'd be in this thread a bit, so here's the spot to ask.

???
by Booney
Mon May 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nurses (desk calendar) Jokes, Antidotes, etc (no pics)

Surely there's a mercy rule ...
by dedja
Sun May 04, 2014 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 9 Discussion

Confirmed tonight that umps are made of porcelain.
by Q.
Fri May 16, 2014 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Junior Football

UNDER 6s/7s/8s
•No Tackling
•No Deliberate Kicking Off the Ground
•No Holding, pushing, deliberate bumping, smothering, shepherding, barging
•No Knocking the ball out of opponents hands
•No player standing the mark and cannot play on from a Mark or Free Kick. MUST kick or handball

im gonna be stuffed if i get a gig in this grade :)

looks like richmonds game plan..
by zedman
Wed May 21, 2014 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Randall Bone is the mail I've got...
by Q.
Thu May 22, 2014 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |