Search found 45 matches

Return

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure SANFL ladder

Round 5. The first full round of the season and evenly matched to boot, with 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6, and 7 v 8.

P W F A %
South 5 4 491 365 57.36
Eagles 4 4 353 296 54.39
Sturt 4 3 374 258 59.18
North 4 2 291 350 45.40
West 4 1 266 276 49.08
Central 4 1 248 309 44.52
Norwood 4 1 240 304 44.18
Glenelg 3 0 165 270 37.93
by Pseudo
Sun May 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Regarding the 'SANFL Showdown' yesterday, the SANFL used to be something footy people could watch that didn't involve the AFL.

There are nine AFL matches every week, with a TV channel 24/7 devoted to the AFL, and pages in the paper everyday on the AFL. Few would argue that there is an AFL saturation.

I've never been completely interested in the AFL, but at least until this season it was discreet enough not to pitch its talons into the SANFL. Until this season.

An attraction for many people to the SANFL was the fact that it wasn't the AFL - it was a point of difference.

The invasion of the AFL into the SANFL thus eliminates the point of difference. As if there wasn't enough AFL on the screen already, you can now sit down, turn on the TV to see the SANFL and end up with the Crows and the Power. Really it beggars belief that it can permeate that far.

It really is amazing how much AFL people want to see, and that they can't realize that some people liked the SANFL because it didn't involve it. It's hard to put into words how baffling it is that the people who are meant to be the custodians of the South Australian game actually thought that it was a good idea to extend the AFL saturation even further and get rid of this point of difference.

I simply can't fathom the joy certain Crows and Power fans have at seeing reserves teams in the SANFL.

Watching part of the match yesterday, I thought, if the 40,000 pieces of silver a year keep the league going, then great, but really, what is the point? What is the point of the SANFL continuing if the match of the round is Crows v Power? Why not just can it and show re-runs of the real Showdown if people love the AFL teams that much.

In brief, if the SANFL is now all about AFL team v AFL team, what is the &%$#ing point?

Vent over. Cheers,

RB.
by RB
Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 6 - Port Magpies v Sturt @ Alberton (Sun 11/5)

The amount of whinging about Port Adelaide is unbeleivable It gives clubs and ideal target for where clubs should be The SANFL needs to have clubs acheive that level to ensure we remain a viable competition not go backwards. Do the work required crows side on the weekend had more AFL listed players in thier side but because they lost not a word said The calibre of playerssmith walker rutten ottens thompson etc Please lets make the sanfl survive and not end up like the WAFL

This is so true. I can't believe all of the other SANFL clubs haven't stepped up to Ports level. The sooner they all go and recruit 15 AFL players and not include their payments in the salary cap the better. If they could then dodge up the payments they do count by shuffling them off into their 2018 salary cap while using employment within the club as a further way to manipulate their team structure then the SANFL will finally be getting somewhere.

I hope Sturt win the game.
by SANFLnut
Wed May 07, 2014 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 25-40-FIFTY-60-70-80-90-100 Speed Zones

I feel for Mitchell JOhnson when he is in town, he averages 150kmh down King William Rd
by mighty_tiger_79
Thu May 08, 2014 3:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 7 - Port Magpies v South @ Alberton Oval (Sat 17/5

At last count South have 2 players injured gone for the year, and another 5 injured who would be walk up starts if fit. Also 3-4 others who are injured who would be handy replacements. South do not have the rehab facilities or expert sports med budget of an AFL club either.
At last count Port will have 15 AFL listed, fulltime professional players playing on Saturday, who train or play 7 days a week. I saw a couple of South players digging a trench yesterday.. before racing off to do a 2 hr hour training session last night, others are studying or working fulltime.They werent busy doing skills work running around witches hats, doing rehab or weights or honing their understanding of the game plan.

This years SANFL season is absolutely ludicrous. It is a grossly uneven competition. The clubs that voted for this diabolical shambles should hang their collective heads in shame. The SANFL commission is a disgrace for even contemplating this debacle.....

Having said that... I think South will take it right up to Port.
For those who havent twigged yet, this South Adelaide team ,its vastly different to the inept whipping boys of the past...

Their own team's grave for weekend?
Maybe dig a firebreak across the half forward line to slow down Port's scoring?
by SANFLnut
Tue May 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Enjoyed the game - a better standard than I have seen this year at SANFL level so on that basis alone I disagree with comments re the irrevelance of this fixture. Certainly both teams worked hard & played for the guernseys - and good on the SA boys for showing some character to come from behind in the last qtr and preserve the thread of dignity that remains for our comp.
by Hazydog
Sat May 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Dozens weren't available for the VFL as were many not available for the SANFL due to the rules in place that don't allow AFL listed players in the game. As AFL players play in the respective comps (with many more in the VFL) the only fair indication of where the comps stand would be to included them. At least it would have some relevance then, yesterdays match has none. That's weird. Where there are 10 AFL sides based in Victoria, and 2 in South Australia, it's neither controversial nor interesting to observe that the non-selected AFL players running around in the VFL each week are going to be far more numerous than those running around in SA—and so if you had to form a notional 'best 22' out of them (for some unknown reason), it would probably be better than the best 22 non-selected AFL players playing in the SANFL. What "relevance" there would be in proving that 10 > 2, in a battle of the out-of-favour AFL-listers, is anyone's guess. Even presuming that the AFL clubs would release their 'best' non-selected players to play in the game, that kind of 'best of the rejects' model doesn't sound like any interstate contest I've ever heard of. Whereas the best players who are contracted to play in the SANFL, and in fact play each week in the SANFL, versus their counterparts from the VFL selected on the same basis, is true to the spirit of interstate footy going back to the year dot.

If people think that's irrelevant, that's up to them. It's only been going for 135 years now, so I'm sure it'll fall into disuse some time soon.
by SimonH
Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Viable Alternatives

gossipgirl wrote:play tiddlywinks instead

The fact that you have 10 likes on SA Footy staggers me.
by UK Fan
Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:
mal wrote:Benny, Booney, Kicky

Admire your loyalty to the clubs you supPORT in the SANFL
How about we start a :
AFL in SANFL appreciation thread ?

Go right ahead.

I could would should start this thread
But would need to hire a Private Investigator to unearth enough material to start the thread ;)
by mal
Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dogwatcher wrote:It's cool when you're part of a crowd.

when do we build a double decker couch to watch the coverage on 7Mate??
by tipper
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Port v South @ Adelaide Oval (Sun 14

OK. After 3 hours of not talking , I finally thought hey that's enough sulking for a grown man and told the missus I was going to the shop.

I want to say thanks to the Panthers for a great ride this season. I went to most home games and the odd away game. Plus all 3 finals.
Most games I went with the "Old Man", who was 16 the last time South won the flag .
So it's his fault I ended up following a team that I have never seen in a Grand Final.

I thought I better text mum to see if he was ok , as at the final siren he looked liked someone had stolen his last dollar.

Mum's text " He said he is jacked off cos they played well and got pipped at the post by imports. He has followed them for a long time. He is eating chocolate and he seldom does" ( diabetic ).

South Australia sometimes gets described as a "backwater" , but we love our state and our local footy. This is something people involved with the AFL and other states just don't get and will never get !!!

Good Luck to the Legs next week.
by The Panther
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congratulations Norwood

Congratulations Norwood: the best performed sovereign team in a compromised competition. What a shame that it will be forced to play a scratch match next week for the sake of getting game time into another league's reserve players, rather than earning its title in a Grand Final against another properly-matched sovereign team.

Congratulations South Adelaide: pure minor premiers, and thus the best performed team by the only possible measure between properly-matched sovereign teams. What a shame - and indeed farce - that the Panthers were forced to battle from fourth position on the compromised ladder.

I might have gone to next week's game as a matter of support for the league, had it been between two proper opponents. As it is, the season is now over. Thus ends the first year under occupation from that bastard eastern league. I look forward to when the interlopers leave - for whatever reason - and Our League is restored.
by Pseudo
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When I was 17, it was a very good year....

when i was 17, i drank some very good beer, i drank some very good beer i purchased with a fake ID..............my name was Bryan Mcgee............. i stayed up listening to queen, when i was 17
by Bully
Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: World Cup Commentators

I like Ian Smith. He's clearly a kiwi, but self depreciating. The NZ v Aus game earlier in the tournament he was classic!

Some of his best work was in this domestic 20/20:

by MatteeG
Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where Are They Now ?

Coorong is still alive and kicking (although for a while that was in question) Moved back from Townsville just before Xmas and now living near my namesake. Should get to a few Westies games this year, but will also be going to follow the Meningie Bear.
by Coorong
Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

I would love to go back to the 80s and have 3 state leagues and 40,000 people supporting the local teams but it not going to happen as money control sports these days.

Not having a go at you mate, but I hate it when AFL apologists trot out lines thinking SANFL fans believe the glory days can be re-visited, because it's absolute fuggin BS!

Not one single Sanfl fan is under any illusion as to our place in the pecking order, we just want an equal, non-compromised competition. We're more than happy with crowds of 2.5-3k, offset by a few lower and a few blockbusters.

We'll still continue to make AFL players.

What is unreasonable in wanting to be un-interfered with? AFL supporters, the vast majority of whom have zero knowledge and interest when it comes to the Sanfl, continually cast aspersions that just aren't factual to try and support their attitudes of "no other competition in the country matters, we should use them as we see fit"
by JK
Wed May 13, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I disagree the comp was on a downward spiral in the last few years.

Crowd numbers have been trending downwards for a long time now, correct?

No, relatively stable for a decade before the decline when the AFL teams became involved.
Interest, memberships and sponsorships were relatively stable for that period too.
Having the Crows and Power in is a complete failure.
That's my reading of the figures. The GF crowd in 2013 being the biggest since (I think) 1999 shows that the interest from the general public (cf. the diehard supporter who goes every week) was at least the same as it was fifteen years ago.

The SANFL was affected by, yet survived, the introduction of the Crows and the Power. It has survived other difficulties such as financial pressures (e.g. North Adelaide - mainly thanks to the fans), substantially less media coverage etc.

IMO, the acceptance of $50k from the AFL cancers for admittance into the SANFL is less a concession that the SANFL is somehow inevitably going to fade away than a sign that the six bendover clubs, and in particular the league directors, just didn't have the stomach to work hard enough to maintain interest in the comp.

Take the Eagles for example (who BTW had made a profit in the year before the reserves decision was made despite big write-downs of assets). When asked how the club was going to get new fans from people born from 2013 onwards, given the saturation of the Crows and Power in the media who are now competing in the same competition as the Eagles, Kurt Slaven replied that it was up to us (the ~200 members who'd gathered to hear him) to introduce young fans from our families to the club. Apart from the fact that most of those members were well past the normal child-bearing age, this way is obviously never going to lead to the current supporters being able to even replace themselves.

The six league directors who voted in favour did so, in part, because it was far, far easier to bank a cheque for $50,000 every year than to actually get off their fat arses and do some work in the community, the sort of work that only Phil Herden does. The boards should be doing the same thing as Phil.

No-one can seriously maintain, looking at the crowd numbers, that the interest in the SANFL was on the wane. Additionally, the past has proven that when times are tough re the SANFL, it is possible to marshal support from the people who come out of the woodwork. I fear that the only people who will 'come out of the woodwork' now, are Taylor Walker fans.
by RB
Mon May 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Was flicking through the Inside Footy newspaper at lunch today and noticed they had an interview with Roy Laird. Not for the first time Roy delivered a passionate rant on the subject, under the headline "AFL sides are a farce" (or something along those lines). Again credit to Roy for saying what most supporters feel. As Roy stated, there are only two winners in this arrangement, the AFL sides.
by saintal
Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2015 Attendance Comparisons Thread

Today's was a mite over 3400 if I heard it correctly over the PA
by Pseudo
Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Womens League

Well, it's certainly true of the Crows administrators, given their lack of regard or respect for the SANFL by roughly and desperately inserting their reserves team in it post haste.

As for their supporters, I can't say whether they are 'real' or not because there's more to it than simply knowing a bit of footy background. It's a pretty subjective label. I've seen plenty on both sides of the fence.

Some Crow fans only 'know' of the Crows and SA football post 1991 because of their age, and that's fair enough (mind you, there are plenty who are old enough and lived through the 70s and 80s but didn't get into footy until the Crows came on board). At any rate that doesn't preclude anyone from developing and appreciating an understanding the circumstances of how and why your club came into existence, its record and its achievements. To me, a true fan digs deeper to understand the club's fabric, its roots, and what's come before.

I think that for the majority of followers the Crows history starts in an Atco hut at West Lakes in October 1990 with Graham Cornes, Bill Sanders and Kerls, as if the stork simply dropped them off into the SA football community.
by Magellan
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The amount of crows supporters who I hear sit and bag the SANFL etc is laughable

It aint just Crows supporters

Just my opinion a lot more of the Port supporters I know have at the very least some respect for what the SANFL use to be.

Yeah that's fair, but I have heard almost %100 of the Port supporters I know, say "wish the SANFL would hurry up and die" within the last 5 years.
by JK
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sensitive I'm realistic and have an understanding of modern football programming and who runs these program's. I'm sorry if you don't. As for their motivations, does it really matter. Whether you, Graham Cornes or any other poster like the idea doesn't bother me at all and that's fine. Nobody has to like it but my point is it is being built to cater for it's ever growing market.

I guess my intellectual weakness inhibits me from explaining to you clever folk. Sorry was that immature, us Hipsters tend to do that when we are out thunked :roll:

The matter of difference is the motivation. As I tried to indicate in my previous post, the AFL will chuck some dollars at to get positive coverage, whack a brand on it and then claim they are the custodians. They want to be owners of Australian Rules Football, that is their MO.

Anyone who cant see that women's sport will continue to gain prominence has their head in the sand. The development of a semi professional league is a good thing. Its interesting, good for girls & young women and as I said before, anything that can change stereotypical thinking has to be encouraged. However I would hate to see it develop as a copy or pale imitation of the mens league. Most professional men's sport has developed to the point where it is mundane, clichéd and based totally on money. AFL is almost an infomercial. You cant get away from it. The developers of professional women's sport should look at organisations such as the AFL or FIFA to work out exactly what you should not do.
by wild dog
Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

When We beat South this Saturday, We'll be in the mix to win the flag, I know what you're thinking BUT, IF We win Saturday, all we have to do is beat Norwood (big deal on their current form), The Power reserves (all depends on how they stack their side), West (they only just beat Us recently) & then The Eagles, that's the tough ask. So it looks like a Central v Eagles Grand Final. :D :D

Back to the glory days of the SANFL!
by Aerie
Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

When We beat South this Saturday, We'll be in the mix to win the flag, I know what you're thinking BUT, IF We win Saturday, all we have to do is beat Norwood (big deal on their current form), The Power reserves (all depends on how they stack their side), West (they only just beat Us recently) & then The Eagles, that's the tough ask. So it looks like a Central v Eagles Grand Final. :D :D
by CENTURION
Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Every scorer for the 2015 minor round

Nice work spell_check!
by tkr
Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Every scorer for the 2015 minor round

Could not believe that the highest goals scorer for Norwood only had 17! (Phillips). This would have to be the lowest total at Norwood for possibly 100 years. The same could be said of Shillabeer at North with 16. A far cry from the Ken Farmer days!

The lowest since my complete goal scoring records starts in 1983 was Justin Scripps tally for Glenelg in 1997 - 18. Without anything handy, it's fair to say you'd have to go back to the 20s for anything lower

Thanks for the check.
by wedgetail
Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Preliminary Final - Centrals v West

People need to stop whinging about crowds.
My team is in the GF and I couldn't give a stuff how many turn up.
Big crowd days are over. Get over it people.
by Wolf Pack
Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: breaking win droughts

End of thread! Thanks spelly.
by Pseudo
Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: South v Adelaide AO Sunday 12:10

Classic comment by a South supporter to Heath Younie at the end of the 1st Semi as they were leaving the grandstand- "What are you doing here? You normally leave at 3/4 time don't you?" Younie was left speechless!
by wedgetail
Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final - Sunday Sep 25 (Adelaide Oval)

Well done Sturt for finishing off the Crows

Nothing worse than being in a GF when the opposing crowd are not really passionate about the result. Yes, Sturt supporters will probably outnumber the eagles supporters 3 to 1 next Sunday but at least those of us eagles supporters who are there will be true SANFL supporters and will be cheering loudly and booing bad decisions. Hopefully we will add to the atmosphere. Unlike the crows supporters, winning this grand final against sturt means a hell of a lot to us eagles supporters.
by Mr Fuller
Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R5 Norwood v Ravens

You are a leg end Spelly. Keep it up.
by DOC
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2018 Advertiser SANFL Team of the Year

No room for Tropiano? Surely he could be squeezed in as 19th man...
by Pseudo
Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eagles V Central

spell_check wrote:
Groucho wrote:Any Eagles supporters please advise if you have a BBQ at Woodville Oval and where it is. I don't like
Vilis pies and pasties so would need a bbq instead.

Thank you

Northern end, just to the left of behind the goals

Thanks SC
by Groucho
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: JEFF ANDREWS GONE!

That could be the reason right there .To many mates that didnt like the fact they wouldnt be there .
by southernbulldog
Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 16

Games start on 7 Aug with the GF being played on the long week end of the 3rd October.

SANFL press release
https://sanfl.com.au/league/news/sanfl-releases-updated-fixtures-for-2021-season/

'“For many years, the October long weekend was a really successful tradition for the SANFL Grand Final so both the League and Clubs agreed this was the most favourable date to conclude what has been another unprecedented season due to the Covid pandemic,” Mr Chandler said.'

Since the SANFL believes having the GF on the long weekend is so successful, they could consider leaving it there.

Spot on, well said mate
by JK
Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL 2021 SEASON

Two games on this arvo. Each promises to be worth watching. No free-to-air coverage.

Remind me, how much is the SANFL paying seven to not cover the league?

Simple solution.

Ch7 telecasts the AFL

Ch2 telecasts the SANFL

everybody happy.

Channel 7 have 5-6 channels so if they really wanted to show the sanfl they would.
It’s Stupid they are not televising the last round

They are
IMG_3770.JPG
p.s. I clicked the like button by mistake
by nwdfanparade
Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Wish they could go back to the old system of the Port Power and Crows players being spread amongst the teams. The AFL clubs were actually a lot more successful under this method. 3 flags vs 0 since.

I haven't checked the accuracy but councidentally saw this posted today

" th decade of the 90’s 4 from 10 premierships were won from non Victorian sides.
First decade of 2000’s we had 6 winners from 10.
The second decade has resulted in only two. 1 from last 9 or 2-15.
The decline has come since the Victorian based teams commissioned a review into the game and why they weren't winning enough!

Seems coincidental"

What they failed to realise was a key finding of that enquiry was the advantage non-Victorian sides had with the second tier competitions. Then Sanderson comes from Collingwood after one of their few modern premierships, spruiking the advantage of reserves. Good timing for the Power that wanted the Magpies gone. Destroy a comp for nothing and lose an advantage they had.

Sanderson damaged the SANFL for his own selfish interests and in the end has helped nobody- Not the SANFL, AFL or his own hide in the end is how it seems.
by Alex
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Jim05 wrote:SA hosting QLD v TAS
The Redbacks will probably lose that one by an innings.
by RB
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TDK's International Test Cricket Update's

Jim05 wrote:Pea hearts like Rabada and Markram playing in the IPL rather than represent their country in a test series. They would never play another test if I was in charge
Agreed Jim, frustratingly poor, money talks!
I refuse to watch/read/listen to anything to do with the IPL.
by The Dark Knight
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Every player who has played in the SANFL - The list

Brian Dohnt South YES 1951
Michael Hywood South YES 1987
John Menzel South YES 1985 TO 1987
Bruce Venning South YES 1952
Matthew Wadewitz South YES 1993

Many thanks for filling in the blanks, but are you able to give me any more info on these five? As I have the round by round games and goals for these years, I need to confirm that:
-Dohnt (do you know how many games he played, I've looked through trove and all I can see is B Grade references)
-Venning played only the opening two matches of 1952 (I have this currently as Reginald W Venning who also played in 1949-50)
-Hywood, Menzel and Wadewitz only played night series matches

One more thing, I know the following played; are you able to give me a year?

Barry Kotz South 60s
Robert Lane South 60s
Peter Livesey South 60s
Bruce Rehn South 60s
H James Matthews South 70s

Spelly sorry for the delay

Kotz 1968
Lane 1960
Livesey 1960
Rehn 1962
Matthews 1970 to 1972

For Dohnt: Debut 11/08/1951 Norwood - Rd 15 No Further Info

Bruce E Venning played 1952
Reginald William Venning played 1949 to 1952

Hywood No further info
Menzel Debut 11/05/1985 Port Adelaide - Rd 6
Wadewitz No further info
by DOC
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am very confident about the following dates of birth, I have listed how I either found or knew the dates of birth:

Raymore Bruce Hocking 1 June 1937 (my ex next door neighbour)
Robert Farmer West Adelaide 2 June 1947 (ex Collingwood)
Alex Hryhorec Port Adelaide 25 February 1956 ( went to school together and 50 years later still one of my closest mates)
Frank Middleton Central District 2 November 1944 (Appeared on a Mobil card circa 1965)
Dennis Barron Central District 9 September 1936 (ex WAFL)
John Fraser Sangster Sturt 21 January 1942 (Ex Interstate cricketer and doctor)
Mark McGrath 17 June 1944 died 3 January 1968 (RAAF pilot died on active service)
Damian Patrick Nygaard Norwood 24 May 1945 (Finished career in WAFL)
Robert (Bob) SImunsen Woodville 7 June 1941 (Also played Sheffield Shield cricket)
Trevor James Stone 6 September 1937 (played for North 1957 and Woodville 1964)
It is Keith Shortill not Shorthill. He was from East Fremantle and returned there.
Alan Teasdale South Adelaide 15 July 1944 (ex Geelong)
Gary Edwards Woodville had previously played a number of games for Glenelg
Gary Wallis West Adelaide 12 July 1946 (ex Collingwood - played in 1966 VFL Grand Final)
It is Ray Klavins not Robert Klavins for Port (I went to school with him - last I heard of him he was tied up with Penna Hills wines in Clare)
John Ronaldson South Adelaide 1 October 1946 (ex Richmond - 2 times VFL premiership player)
Neville John Miller West Adelaide 29 September 1951 (ex South Melbourne)
Graeme Linke Woodville 17 November 1951 (ex Geelong and after Woodville played for Footscray)
Kym Charles Richardson West Torrens 16 March 1958 (ex Federal Liberal member for Kingston)
Terrence Neville Mayne West Adelaide 24 December 1950 died 11 April 1983 (ex Geelong)
Murray Batt Port Adelaide 6 October 1953 (ex Collingwood)
Geoffrey Clark Norwood August 1952 – Aboriginal politician and activist
Peter Joseph Walsh West Adelaide 24 July 1976 (After West Adelaide, played in the AFL for Melbourne and Port)
David Walls Norwood 21 November 1978 - (Son of Robert, on Carlton's list for 2 years)
Dane Rolfe Norwood 7 March 1981 (represented Australia in bobsleigh)
Justin Berry South Adelaide 27 April 1981 (St Kilda rookie)
Mark Bradley South Adelaide 18 September 1978 (drafted by Collingwood circa 1995)
Michael Davis South Adelaide 3 February 1982 (drafted by Essendon and then rookie listed by Carlton)
Joshua William Paul (Josh) Mahoney Glenelg 31 October 1977 (Port Adelaide 2004 AFL premiership player, also played for Western Bulldogs and Collingwood)
James William Plant Sturt 10 August 1982 (State Cricketer)
Adam Eckermann Sturt/Port Adelaide 31 July 1990
Lachlan Hosie Glenelg 25 February 1997 (Played 5 games for North Melbourne -2019)
by robranisgod
Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RD 9 BAYS VS STURT STRATARAMA STADIUM MON 12/6 2:10PM

Oi spell_check ,

When was the last time the league leader copped a 100+ point smashing? It must've happened once or twice over the years.

Don't reckon it would have ever happened to a ladder leader that was 8-0.

Not 8-0; I've found four past losses by the ladder leader:

Rd 3 1922 (2-0) North 4.5 Norwood 22.13 Norwood
Rd 21 1982 (15-4-1) Port 10.13 Norwood 28.17 Norwood
Rd 17 1985 (13-3) North 16.11 West 31.21 Richmond
Rd 7 1991 (5-0) Eagles 7.7 North 28.12 Prospect
Cheers spelly, I love your work.
by Pseudo
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have some more queries about the list:

Firstly, did these players play for South?
Player, Club, Span, Second Club(?)
John Durbridge Norwood 1951 South NO
Wayne Schmaal Norwood 1980 1985 South NO
George Murray Port 1952 1954 South NO
Denis Hann Sturt 1961 South NO
Don Prior Torrens 1944 1954 South NO
Rex Chown Torrens 1952 1957 South yES 1958
Geoff Parham Torrens 1954 1957 South YES 1958
Aldo Rossetto West 1952 South YES 1962
Kingsley Spoehr West 1954 South NO
Donald Fraser West 1958 South YES 1961
Clinton Mansell West 1994 South NO

And also, are these players the same, or are they different?
I.C Edwards Glenelg 1930 Ian Edwards (or Edwardes) South 1937 He is listed as Ian C Edwards 1937 for South
Frederick William Symons Sturt 1925 Fred Symons Glenelg 1929-30
Tom Williams Port 1955-60 Woodville 1964

Thank you once again, I missed these three players, with the same question attached:
Thomas J. Adams South Torrens 1952 1956 YES 1957/1958
Darcy Porter South Torrens 1959 1963 NO
Barry Potts South North 1958 1963 NO
by DOC
Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Round 23

Crows don’t miss easy set shots in the first half this isn’t even a discussion point

That maybe true but also is completely irrelevant to the unacceptable F**K up that occurred. Even if it didnt have an affect on the result of the match it's still an embarrassment to the AFL who have invested so much into score review technology but still don't have a workable process in place to call upon it when needed.
The fact that they conveniently review EVERY goal simply because there is a 30 second gap before play restarts BUT don't review behinds because it may hold the game up by denying the defensive team from immediately bringing the ball back into play is a completely half arsed process that will continue to deliver inconsistencies and stuff ups going forward and shows that keeping the game moving is more important than getting the right outcomes.

:vom: :vom: :vom: :vom: :vom:
by jackpot jim
Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |