Search found 781 matches

Return

Re: 2013/14 NFL Season

Johno6 wrote:I am going to...

only coz I don't like changing my tip and getting it wrong.

I might put money on chargers instead lol

All aboard the Colts everybody! :lol:
by valleys07
Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Honestly cant believe how grown men are carrying on about the changes. Ive been using it for about 3 weeks and can hardly remember what the old one looked like. This layout and theme is great, and I appreciate Diss putting in the time to build a great system for all of us to use for free. I know I wouldnt do it. Especially if this is what Id have to put up with.

One day you will become a grown man HH3.

Grown and receptive to change- unlike some....
by valleys07
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New preseason format

I quite like it aswell.

- There is plenty of opportunity for clubs to explore new players and gameplans.
- The AFL's desire to have the game brought to regional areas is fulfilled.
- No meaningless trophy at the end of a meaningless tournament.
- Representative footy is back (ok nothing like the Vics v SA), but the chance to watch (hopefully) the best against the best will be a great way to start the season.
by valleys07
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: explain your signature

Mine is a quote from Barney from the TV series "How I met your Mother".

Not funny to everybody though!
by valleys07
Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bucks ideas

Need some help here fellas..

My best mate is getting married in April next year (thinking way ahead I know) and I need some good ideas for his bucks show.

We are planning it for the easter long weekend so we can span it over a couple of days- depending on the footy fixture that weekend, we may watch the footy or another activity.

My mate is a pretty sensitive fella- so any ideas involving torture or extreme personal humiliation are out.

I reckon either a day at the footy or a wine tour would be something he would enjoy- but i'm running low on ideas to "punish" him a little. Any suggestions that are in good taste are most welcome. Whether it has been done to you, or been done to a mate of yours, i want to hear them!

Please try and keep this sensible.

Cheers :D
by valleys07
Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

Is anybody else thinking this Polec deal wont go through?

I've said all along he is West Lakes bound simply with Port unwilling to part with our first pick and Brisbane unwilling to accept our 2nd. It appears to me as though our options to find a third party are running thin??

I stand corrected fellas- Port have secured Polec this evening, whilst maintaining picks 21, 34, 45 and 52 in this years draft.

Boon and I have chatted about the possibility of Port being active in this years trade period for players at the expense of picks and we have done that- but the fact we havent actively sought a KPF concerns me.

In saying that we have got 2 genuine outside ball winners and some exquisite users by foot (Harlett, Wingard, Polec) delivering to our forwards- Really have to hope that Butcher and Shaw progress now.

Pretty happy with our off season efforts thus far.
by valleys07
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

woodublieve12 wrote:Tony Armstrong is a magpie... :lol: great pick up :lol: maxwell won't be the worse player there now, well it will probably be a tie

Maxwell will be slighty *better, as he will be the one getting a game.

*- In no way does this comment reflect admiration for Maxwells footballing ability :lol:
by valleys07
Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

Picking up my new car tonight :D
by valleys07
Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 NFL Season

HH3 wrote:Washington have 4 shots at a TD inside the 10 yard line to tie the game and fall 4 yards short. Gave the ball back to the Vikings on downs. Game over. Vikes win, HH3 changing his tip pays off.

:finga:

:lol:
by valleys07
Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

How many people there are in this world that cant give up 1 minute of their day to respect our fallen.

Seriously....
by valleys07
Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA 2013/14

Spearhead wrote:Trying to take advantage of Sportsbet money back special on Multis today -
Nets-3.5/Knicks+4.5/Rockets-6 $15 @ $7.08

Same- i've taken Houston -6 / Brooklyn -3.5 / Toronto +6- $10 @ 7.03
by valleys07
Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NBA 2013/14

$10- Detroit / Lakers game total over 203.5 @ 1.92
by valleys07
Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NFL Season 2013/14

Johno6 wrote:Im on Broncos -7.5
so one of us will be happier today

broncos up 10-7 atm..

The johno curse will come into play surely :lol:
by valleys07
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The same dickheads that yell stupid things out to cops crying over the cop saying something back. Expect to be treated the same as you treat other people.

Scumbags annoy me.

I can't help but see the irony in that story- reporting a cop that you swore at for swearing at you.

Ok maybe we live in a world where the "customer" (using that term very loosely in this case) is always right- but what gives any customer the right to use expletives to people trying to do their jobs, regardless of their competence levels, and get sensitive when the occasional person gives it back?

If the officer went on a power trip over this guy and hurled abuse- I can see merit in the complaint.

Ok- perhaps the officer went overboard with some of the things he said, but he is only doing what 99% of us WANT to do when a "customer" gives you the sh!ts....

Pretty simple in this case really- wear a ******* helmet and no dramas- rule is there, follow it (petty or not!)- simple.
by valleys07
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Following India announcing it intends to send a rocket to mars, NASA has said they feared for the safety of the 500 astronauts who will be sitting on the roof of the craft during take-off.
by valleys07
Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I give way to anyone who's front bumper is in front of mine.

Isn't that the rule?

At a zip lane, yes.

So if someones beside you, but a little bit in front, and they start indicating to change to your lane, you just continue to stay at the same speed and not let them over?

No mate- because that half a second advantage that you get by staying infront of that person will have a huge impact on your ability to get to your destination on time...
by valleys07
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Alice Springs

I reckon you have the wrong thread stampy :)
by valleys07
Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Buddy off to Sydney...Swans!

Lets wait and see what he is like on field next year. If he is running up and down the field like a gazelle and fitting perfectly into a potent forward line- he can live on James Packers yacht with a half a dozen playboy bunnies for all John Longmire will care.
by valleys07
Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

:lol:

Look too young to own my own house apparently :lol: :lol:
by valleys07
Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm happy to catch up for a beer, but I'm not standing next to valleys. He's far too young, fit and good looking.... ;)

If that's the case, he might make us look better than we currently do...

Like I said in the private message ages ago, you can have a few bevvies on me. It almost makes it worth meeting yours truly, doesn't it? ;)

Haha- the cheerleader effect (please tell me someone watches How I Met Your Mother and gets that reference :lol:)
by valleys07
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Double standards- really grinds my gears...
by valleys07
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nelson Mandela Dies Aged 95

RIP- a remarkable man.
by valleys07
Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great news with Jay Schultz signing on until the end of season 2015.

The first of 5 signings to be announced prior to christmas.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... 67_9887642
by valleys07
Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Congrats HH3- all the best to you both!
by valleys07
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 2nd of our 5 re-signings this week is pocket rocket Jake Neade- signed until the end of season 2016:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... -year-deal
by valleys07
Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

how come crows and port have there own forum that no one else can write in them?? segregation died a long time ago...

are they a little precious???

Would have thought its more for the ease to moderate this site- without crows v port bickering, the mods can focus on the amateur boards and general discussion threads :lol:
by valleys07
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It just gets better. Brad Ebert commits to the club until 2017:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... ide-family
by valleys07
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

starting my level 2 coaching course in february...

Looking forward to the improved football knowledge you may gain ;)

But he's a double premiership coach - what more could one possibly need to know? ;)

Plenty- with the cattle plympton have assembled, a monkey could coach them to a finals series :)
by valleys07
Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And whats the bet 4 of those wins came at plympton on ladies day!

Bastards and your fine looking WAGS- its my excuse and i'm sticking too it :lol:
by valleys07
Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Christmas

Great Christmas. The old man passed away and his funeral was on the 23rd. Christmas Eve and one of Mrs REB's so called friends threatens to take us to court over a grand she gave Mrs REB. Merry Christmas love.

The day itself wasn't too bad but glad to be home and getting prepared for court.

regards,

REB

That's a sh*tty holiday season in anyone's books mate. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your dad- thoughts are with you and your family.
by valleys07
Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

HH3 wrote: I travel around adelaide at least twice a day and I'd say 50% of the drivers on the road are ****** in the head.

Edited for accuracy.
by valleys07
Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awesome- thanks for that mate, much appreciated.

Yeah agree about Gray. You only have to look at pre-season snaps to see how fit he is. Last year was all about getting him back from the knee and easing him back into the side and to the pace of the game. Quite clearly he is a class act and will form a very important component of our midfield rotations this season, such is his ability to break games open, ala v WCE last season.

That is another thing that burgo can be lauded for- the fitness levels of our big fellas. Lobbe covers the ground extremely well for a ruckman, almost like Cox used to in his prime. Whilst he has a bit of a way to go until he has that level of impact, he will be huge for us this year and I expect him to really stamp himself this season. Same with the transformation of Bobby. 2 years ago he was almost on the scrap heap and now he looks fitter than ever and ready to add a few big scalps to his resume. His job on Cloke in the EF last season was the best i've ever seen him play and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Im really hoping we get some competition out of Butcher, Shaw, and to a lesser extent, Harvey. Shaw in particular looks the goods. Mobile, athletic and can take a catch- exactly what will suit our gameplan. Westhoff and Shaw as the 2nd and 3rd talls will create havoc for opposition sides if they are both up and going in 2-3 years time.

I really like what I have seen so far of Impey. He looks very smooth, lightning quick and good skills- he is one that I have earmarked for an early debut as a rebounding defender. Clurey is another one that im hoping will break into the side this season.

Good to hear Polec and White are making progress. Hopefully Polec silences the crow nuffs and White adds another dimension of run and carry to our line-up. I am wondering whether or not we will see the defensive press used in the manner Fremantle used it with the new interchange caps coming into play? Either way- with a side brimming with pace and quick ball movement, get that mixed with high skill level and we are heading in the direction where it will be tough to beat.

Can.Not.Wait for the first game!

Who on here is attending the family day on feb 8?
by valleys07
Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shaun Hart fills the position of Director of Coaching:

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-01-10/hart-boosts-culture?camefrom=EMCL_200451_10229831

Hart brings with him 5 years of experience working with the suns, and will assist (in conjunction with Walsh) Hinkley in the running of the football department. Walsh will take on the strategic side of the football department, vacated by Alan Richardson.

IMO a very good appointment. A highly respected player, as well as being part of one of the great sides of the modern era gives our group much needed experience at the top. Hinkley has boasted his relationship with Hart in their time at the suns was one of the best relationships he has formed in football. Hopefully this helps us maintain that Hinkley / Richardson standard of communication, as well as the added experience of Walsh, leaving us in a better position than 2013.
by valleys07
Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

The fans who think this move to have AFL reserves teams in the SANFL is a good one...

... I would guess, are the same people who walked away from the SANFL in 1991.

Not true

Some might also have never known the SANFL as it was pre-1991, and have watched in envy of the AFL's presence in the VFL competition from a player development point of view. I personally only know of the SANFL pre 91 through videos and history books. I lived and breathed footy as a young lad- not every person in their early to mid 20's is the same. As hard as it is for the SANFL traditionalists to understand, it may just increase the level of interest in the competition from a gen Y perspective- just as it is hard for a gen Y to understand why the traditionalist is 100% against the AFL's presence in the local competition.

There are pro's and con's whichever way you look at it.
by valleys07
Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think most of us would prefer, in a perfect world, an independent AFL reserves competition- which leaves the state leagues be.
by valleys07
Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There is a term for people like you BM.
Arrogant is one, but i think a word that rhymes with banker fits you better!

as the saying goes, smart people discuss ideas, people of average intellect discuss events, dumb people discuss people...

not sure whether you are smart enough to work out which box you go in, but maybe ask your local 5 year old and they could point you in the right direction.

once you resort to personal attacks maybe its time to go sit in the corner and let the big boys talk.

seriously though, im just trying to provide an alternative opinion, and i like discussion, isnt what what a forum is about? i dont disrespect you guys' opinions, i have actually changed my opinion somewhat because of this thread. i think it will have an effect on the SANFL, which i initially didnt really, but im still of the opinion that it is a necessary evil. if you dont think that well thats fine, we are allowed to have differences of opinion, provided it is informed opinion.

Some people just need to be told!!!

That they can't have an opinion?
by valleys07
Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being able to confirm my wife an I are expecting our first child. Extremely excited!
by valleys07
Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Being able to confirm my wife an I are expecting our first child. Extremely excited!

It appears that you're not the only randy little bugger on this forum and a fellow poster is only a week behind you ;)

PS: It ain't me :lol:

Haha- Congratulations WUB- mine is due late July so not far apart at all.

You know something is in the water when even Johno is practicing ;)
by valleys07
Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-21/t ... njury-blow

Probably good news in the scheme of things, certainly hope he is back by the nab challenge series- a fit Jackson Trengove is crucial to our back 6 make-up.
by valleys07
Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Footy Chick wrote:Why didn't you train?

Probably a poor attempt at a deflection away from the fact doghouse is a player :lol:
by valleys07
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Love those videos- brilliant effort!
by valleys07
Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

From www.portadelaidefc.com.au :

PORT Adelaide’s 2014 Family Day has been confirmed for Saturday 8 February at Alberton Oval.

Gates will open at 3.30pm with a combined Power/Magpies internal trial game at 4.30pm. It will be the first chance for Port Adelaide supporters to see new recruits Jared Polec and Matt White in a competitive game, along with all the new draftees and players from the SANFL League pool.

The new players to the club will have their guernsey presented to them from a Member and following the match will be the always popular player signing session, where supporters can get their guernseys or posters signed and photos taken with the players.

There will also be giveaways, kids activities, Thunda and Murray appearances and food and drink available to purchase.

2014 Port Adelaide Football Club Family Day
Date: Saturday 8 February, 2014
Time: 3.30pm gates open, 4.30pm combined Power/Magpies internal trial game starts
Price: Gold coin donation
Entertainment: trial match, kids activities, player signing session, giveaways, Thunda and Murray, food and drink
The views in this article are those of the author and not necessarily those of the AFL or its clubs

Exclusive to portadelaidefc.com.au

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-12-18/family-day-february-8

Cheers for the info FC.

Looking forward to getting along and embracing the day. The club is on a high after adding Energy Australia, joining Renault as a major partner for 2014 and now it's up to Ken and the boys to take over from Keith and Kochie's pump up on 5AA on friday.

I can't help myself watching fox re-runs of the 2013 season and watching some players, and thinking "Gee it will be tough for him to get a regular gig this season"- which isn't necessarily a bad thing for the club as a whole. It is going to create intense competition for spots in the powers 22, and really strengthen the magpies group. I'm not for one second saying this group is anywhere near experienced or as talented, but I haven't seen squad depth quite like 2014, since 2007-8.

Players i'm really looking forward to seeing in action come saturday:

Ben Newton- The lad has been on our list for 3-4 seasons now and is yet to debut. You don't keep a lad on your list this long without a senior game unless there is some talent there. Has reportedly been burning up the track this pre-season, and could really stake a claim as part of our growing midfield group.

Tom Clurey- Jackson Trengove's injury has opened the door for this lad- another one who has reportedly been training the house down. Some stiff competition with Hombsch, and even Westhoff, capable of filling the void, however another lad who I expect to debut in 2014.

Jarman Impey- I'll be honest- I wasn't happy when with pick 21, we went with this lad over Trent Dumont, especially given what I had seen of Dumont over the 2013 sanfl season. This lad is all the rage at PAFC at the moment, and is someone who could really bring cleanliness, astute decision making and plenty of excitement to our back 6. Super skills, one who could really put the likes of Japser Pittard or Tom Logan under pressure for a spot. For mine- a round 1 debutant.

Jared Polec- Has the fuss been worth it? Has the chasing yielded us a key component in our press for a top 4 spot, and ultimately a premiership? Have we wasted our time and given the tingles fans another reason to laugh it up? This game and the NAB challenge will answer these questions. Posters here believe he is a little laconic with his footy, but supremely talented. Hugely important to the make up of our side. I believe our midfield group is made up of quality users of the ball, but our back 6 lacks this a little. Get Impey and Polec in the back 6 and all of a sudden, our movement of the footy will be swift upfield- hopefully creating plenty of 1 on 1 contests for Schultz, Gus, Wingard and co.

Matt White- Love watching blokes with pace- this bloke has it. IMO- the x-factor for us. We saw early on last year, what Neade could do with a bit of space, hopefully White brings something similar to the table- yet another string to our bow in terms of forward movement. A round 1 lock- how much impact will he have?

Anybody heading down- give me a hoy. Happy to catch up for a beer, should be a great day for it.

Footy is almost here and I can't wait!!
by valleys07
Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:Adelaide Crows...

Surely in the things that make you laugh thread :)
by valleys07
Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

it was a disgrace they were going to sell them

Course it wasn't a disgrace. They have done it for every other commemorative jumper.

Only heard this third hand, but apparently kochie said on radio that we should be more pissed off at the SANFL for ticking this off than at the crows for coming up with the suggestion, and I tend to agree. Never should have been allowed in the first place.

Spot on Macca- the fact that the SANFL allowed it to happen is pretty average. Whicker's "no comments" gave me the sh*ts too- someone at the SANFL needs to be made accountable for a glaring administrative error.
by valleys07
Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:yeah, that's probably it - I think I was only half listening to the telly maybe when it came on.

seems a pretty common theme for you lot.. ;)

Awesome sledge WUB, just used on the wrong target. FC cares about the crows as much as you or I :lol:
by valleys07
Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj_VdHYFKxA

The hypnosis of Chad Wingard is an absolute pisser!
by valleys07
Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |