Search found 783 matches

Return

Re: NFL Season 2014/2015

Jimmy_041 wrote:zero points for not submitting?
Bit harsh - you may as well give up
I vote change that to home games (if you can)

Noted and changed Jimmy.

The site only allows default to away teams, so this is what i have selected.

Feedback on anything else is encouraged!
by valleys07
Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of Season Delistings

Pag wrote:I know he wants to head noth but he would be a pefect fit for Port, ease the pressure of Westhoff/Trengove trying to ruck and would create a pretty potent forward line with Schulz & Westhoff.

Yep- Port must do everything in their power to snare this one. Would be a massive pick up for us.
by valleys07
Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Is that the same Damian Rigney that played at South Adelaide?

Don't want to make excuses or try and justify someone else actions, but given the feedback that came out from the game, could the umpire have played his fair part in creating this situation and is the punishment a bit extreme?

Not trying to create an argument PG- but under no circumstance, no matter how severe, should someone have to resort to racial slurs.

Having recalled reading previous posts concerning racial vilification and race for that matter on this site- I would expect you, along with all posters on this site, to be in agreeance that this act is unacceptable no matter the circumstance. If he is to be found guilty- hope he gets the book thrown at him.

No place for that in society, let alone sport.
by valleys07
Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Having recalled reading previous posts concerning racial vilification and race for that matter on this site- I would expect you, along with all posters on this site, to be in agreeance that this act is unacceptable no matter the circumstance. If he is to be found guilty- hope he gets the book thrown at him.

No place for that in society, let alone sport.
I do totally agree with that, and you wont get any arguments from me on that topic, but i'm not defending the bloke, i'm questioning the actual events of the incident and severity of the punishment.

And fair call too mate. I guess the golden rule is, no matter how shit an umpire is- he isn't going to change is mind. Yeah it can cost you a match or a final, but resorting to threats of physical violence (whether literal or aimed at intimidation)/racial slurs is plain wrong and pointless.
by valleys07
Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

That I now agree with- my explanation is based on why I used the word.

Believe it or not, Trounced is a synonym with overcome. That's why I used it.

By definition as you have listed, it does mean crushed also.

Anyway im not going to get into grammatical arguments with people. Grammar is hardly a strong point of mine (clearly :lol: )!
by valleys07
Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

The Dark Knight wrote:
Johno6 wrote:Friday night footy..............................grand final!

Good luck Johno. No Craig Todd playing I see? Injury or just couldn't fit him in?

Got one yourself tomorrow TDK?

Good luck johno....Hope your A grade and C grade have good days....
by valleys07
Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Friday night footy..............................grand final!
Good luck Johno. No Craig Todd playing I see? Injury or just couldn't fit him in?

Got one yourself tomorrow TDK?

Good luck johno....Hope your A grade and C grade have good days....
Yeah mate.

Good luck mate. Hope you blokes get the double.
by valleys07
Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: All Australian Team to be announced tonight (16/9/14)

Alex Rance > Eric McKenzie is debatable also.
by valleys07
Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

Come on Dutch. I love ya mate but the umps weren't to blame tonight. 29 scoring shots to 22 and losing by 3 points was.

We have nobody to blame but ourselves. 8.4 in that 1st term instead of 3.9 and we are flying back to adelaide tonight preparing for a GF. It really is that simple.

Hypotheticals here guys- but if we were to snare Ryder in this seasons trade period- is he the missing piece of the PAFC puzzle towards a GF birth?

Thoughts?
by valleys07
Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Finals - week # 3.

One of the biggest surprises was Jay Schulz going missing again.
Wingard was deplorable up to 3 qtr time.

Yeah he was WUB. People forget his efforts though that got us to this week.

A huge learning experience for Chad though- he has spend this year dealing with extra attention and a change in role, and still finished the year with 43 goals. He is only 21, which is the positive.

Plenty of upside- hopefully he takes the next step to become one of the games truly elite talents. Steps up into the Robbie Gray echelon, and our future is huge.

WUB- Chad only has to watch footage of Gray and Parker over the summer- a midfield / forward role beckons for his career- and these 2 do it better than anybody else in the competition. Parker at 21 is an absolute jet.
by valleys07
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

haha danger very drunk at the brownlow. dont think he expected to be so close

Really? I don't think he looked drunk, he's always a bit of a joker/clown.

My lad and I were on Dyson Heppell and big Jono Brown in the early stages for the pissed up award, a couple stormed home late. Paul Stewart from Port and Alex Rance from Richmond both looked to be putting in admirable efforts.

Josh Kennedy and Daniel Giansiracusa the winners at home time. ;)

Seemed to slur his words a bit at the end

Anyone would if they're virtually abstinent for 10 months of the year haha!

Agree with Boon- seems like a jovial sort of character.
by valleys07
Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A message from Boaky- any wonder this bloke has the respect he does- not just from within the Port Adelaide family, but from the football world in general:

To our fantastic supporters,

The season is over for our club and it didn’t end the way we wanted to.

I know how disappointed you are that we couldn’t get the job done against Hawthorn on Saturday, and how we couldn’t pip Norwood at the end of Sunday’s SANFL Grand Final.

For our footy club, it’s not good enough.

The way all of us look at it, we just need to be better at playing the game.

We’ve moved on from results that we can’t change and we’re really determined to make the most of every single training session across the next pre-season.

The reason I’m writing to you isn’t just to tell you that though, I’m writing to say thanks, on behalf of our whole footy club, for being the best supporters in the AFL.

We said it plenty throughout the year, but now our campaign is over and we’ve had time to reflect, the one thing that sticks will all the boys is the roar you made in that very first game at Adelaide Oval.

You were unbelievable.

Just like you were unbelievable at the MCG last Saturday night.

We didn’t see the march, but our membership team said we couldn't measure it in people - we had to measure the attendance in kilometres!

The photos in the paper really show your incredible support for us against the Hawks, you were louder than their supporters, your passion was as good as it’s been at Adelaide Oval.

The boys go on leave today before returning for pre-season in November, but please remember that every step we take when we return is to make sure Port Adelaide is better in 2015.

Next year, we’ll be more consistent, we’ll be even more prepared for the challenges of the big teams and those who are sure to fire up.

We’ll play for you and we’ll play for our guernsey with the same commitment and passion we did this year, because we know what our club is all about – it’s a family, and we’re all part of it.

See you in November!

Boaky
by valleys07
Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

Two Italian men get on the bus. They sit down and engage in an animated conversation. The lady sitting behind them ignores them at first, but her attention is galvanized when she hears one of the men say the following: "Emma come first. Den I come. Den two asses come together. I come once-a-more. Two asses, they come together again. I come again and pee twice. Then I come one lasta time.""You foul-mouthed swine," retorted the lady indignantly. "In this country we don't talk about our sex lives in public!"
"Hey, coola down lady," said the man. "Who talkin' abouta sexa? I'm a justa tellin' my frienda how to spella 'Mississippi'."
by valleys07
Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sanderson sacked

added to that Roo, said that the next coach will have all the resources they need and he admitted that Sando didn't have that, but he still gets axed

egotistical maniac is Roo

I hope the Crows pay dearly for this decision, not financially in the payout, but by struggling in the next few years and losing players....

perhaps then, the realisation that Sando wasn't that bad will arrive

I agree with this MT79, there is a fine line between ruthless and stupid. Hopefully this comes back to bite Adelaide on the arse.

The man was on a hiding to nothing minus a senior assistant this year, coupled with no access to decent draftees to develop.

The fact that every big name senior coach is steering well clear of the job tells me that Adelaide have struck fear into most potential suitors with the way Sando was dismissed.
by valleys07
Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Diary of some pregnant blokes

Congratulations FS!!
by valleys07
Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

JK wrote:It's the lead story on Adelaidenow, then another for the 3rd main article .. Seriously wtf is this world coming to??

Couldnt agree more.

Rik E Boy wrote:The Voice Kids
Big Brother

**** it they are all shit.

regards,

REB

Yep. As JK said- what is the world coming to.......
by valleys07
Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: West Coast Eagles 2014

Congratulations to Eric McKenzie, who last night was crowned the 2014 John Worsfold medallist.

McKenzie polled 201 votes, to finish 11 ahead of the 2014 Brownlow medallist- Matt Priddis.
by valleys07
Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

Failed Creation wrote:Great shot by Ross to get off the mark.

Was it what!

Looks like he has so much time at the crease. Batted well against NSW, so here is hoping he follows up.
by valleys07
Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup

And just like the 2013-14 shield season, blows* a solid start

Head, c. Quiney b. Holland 52(63)

SA 4/128 (23.5)
by valleys07
Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: End of season movements. FA, trades, bullshit etc.

Take your Port glasses off and tell me what do you think Ryder is worth honestly.
Hartlett I agree is a laughable proposition but considering Ryder will be in the top 5 money earners at Port surely he is worth a decent player.
To me pick 16(now 17) doesnt cut it as would pick 17 and a dud like Butcher. I think if Essendon got pick 17 plus a half decent player like Neade or Moore they would take it. I did hear them mention on SEN that two picks in the top 20 would also be acceptable, this obviously would need more clubs involved.

Rocket- lets look at things in scale for a second. Ryder is a top 10 pick, and is an important makeup of Essendon’s side, so yes, he wont come cheap. In my opinion, he is worth pick 17.

Ryder is 27 at the start of next season. Potentially he has a good 5 seasons left in the game. Lets not forget, that in Ryder’s tenure at Essendon, he has not finished top 3 in their Best & Fairest, and has not come close to AA selection. We are talking an important cog in a team, not a star of the competition.

With a potential ASADA sanction hanging over his head, if Essendon nail pick 17, they have a 12 year player in their squad. Huge win to Essendon long term. Conversely if they balls pick 17, then the trade becomes a clear win to Port in the short term, but no club wins in the long run, if Port fail to win a flag in their window. Precisely the reason Ryder is being targeted.

At the end of the day, if Cripps/Hinkley feel that a fringe player like a Moore, O/Shea, who declares a want to return to Victoria, is what it will take to get the deal across the line- then I have no problems including that player in the deal. Still a win to the Bombers in my opinion long term- but the blow will be softened if we win a flag between 15-17.

To suggest Wingard, Wines or Hartlett on top of our first pick, is an absolute insult to Port Adelaide, and is a pitiful attempt to cover an exodus, to fix a problem which was created by themselves.
by valleys07
Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fixtures 2015

Rumours circulating that Port will open up the season with:

Fremantle (a), Tingles (a), Sydney (h), Hawthorn (h).

Could potentially start the season 1-3...

should start 4 - 0

port beat freo last time over there
port seemingly way too good for the crows (source port propaganda radio)
port to beat Sydney easily (seemingly if port had made the grandfinal they would have thrashed Sydney as well) - (source port
propaganda radio)
Port to beat Hawthorn easily (port only loss by 3 points at the mcg so playing them at home should win easily - (source port propaganda radio)

but seriously the hardest game there is freo over there but they did win last time. Don't Sydney and Hawthorn usually start slowly at the beginning

Well clearly propaganda radio is full of sh*t then. If that was to be read into with any merit, Adelaide should have won the last 17 flags if double crow is anything to go by :lol:
by valleys07
Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SA vs My Foot Dr Bulls

Coach Bombay wrote:didnt get a wicket all one day cup and no is forgiven

Who cares. As long as he takes wickets in the real comp, thats all that matters.
by valleys07
Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you sad.

Thoughts are with you, TDK.

I remember losing my first dog on christmas eve in 2000. 14 years on and I still miss the bugger.

They truly are your best mate.
by valleys07
Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows 2014

Pinched from Bigfooty- but a 10 x better jumper IMO, using the new design:

by valleys07
Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry, Boak is......I
Boak not even close...

As a complete player? you're right- not even close. Until he walks away with multiple AA selections, multiple B&F's, a couple of flags he can then lay claim. I wont worry about Norm Smiths. Playing your role in a flag gets you a 1/22 shot at that medal (sometimes more considering winners from losing sides).

As an inspirational leader to his group? Extremely close. Since Boak has taken over the captaincy, there have been multiple games where we have been fighting to win from behind, and he just picks his team on his back and drags them to a win (WCE R5 2013, 1st showdown of the same season). Not to mention he is by far our most consistent player in winning sides. Sets a benchmark for his team, demands perfection and craves success. Mirrors everything that Luke Hodge is, as a leader to a group of young men.
by valleys07
Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I rate simply securing Foo Fighters tix!

Missed out in 2011 and am pretty thankful I managed to get to see them this time. Bring on March 2015!
by valleys07
Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Australia finally fielding a credible side in the IRS.
by valleys07
Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mark Williams battling cancer

Best wishes Choc.

The positive news is, with the 2 types of blood cancer (Hodgkins and Non Hodgkins), the survival rates are 87% and 71% respectively. Got to take positives where you can I suppose.
by valleys07
Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 things you don't want to see in 2015

1. James Hird. GTFO.
2. Brian Taylor.
3. An AFC or SFC premiership
4. Season ending injuries to players, especially the competitions stars.
5. Umpires becoming more of a presence in the AFL than they already are.
by valleys07
Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Hughes badly injured

Feel for Sean Abbott. Can't describe what that bloke must be feeling right now.
by valleys07
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Aus v Ind Test Series

Agreed Boon.

For all the criticisms of Pup, a true leader stands up in times of struggle and sadness. Pup has shown leadership beyond his call of duty in the last 48 hours, most notably his presser on behalf of the Hughes family. That was simply first class in my eyes.

I would hate for the 1st test to be postponed/canned, but one can understand if it is.

Fingers crossed our boys rally for Phil, and put in a spirited, gritty performance in memory of their mate. The type of performance that typified Phil as a cricketer.
by valleys07
Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R.I.P. Phillip Hughes

That clutches at the heart strings, Dutch.
by valleys07
Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: #putoutyourbat

cennals05 wrote:It's very hard to read through the #putoutyourbats hashtag on Twitter and not get upset. :(

:( :(

That image of his gear in the middle of AO :cry:

That strikers top should be replaced by 2 things, his #408 Australia test top, and his baggy green.
by valleys07
Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The send off for Hughesy.

No funeral is ever good, but this was a perfect send off for a man highly regarded by many.

RIP.
by valleys07
Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

Tom Boyd.

"I went to the bulldogs chasing success".

Funny way of saying money...
by valleys07
Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

everyone would come out and call him a dick if he said yeah I'm doing it for the cash too. lose lose situation i think.

So just bite the lip and leave the cliche's.

Its clear he went for the cash- and it would make sense if he went to a top 4 side, but chasing success with a club that has won 1 flag in 90 years?

Come on Tom...
by valleys07
Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When your cabbie gives you $17 change for a $33 fare, after you handed him 2 x $20 notes.
by valleys07
Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantastic win by the Aussies- thrilling last session.

My favourite stat from the test. Lyon broke the Vijay/Kohli partnership on day five...at 4:08pm

Long live PH in our cricket team.
by valleys07
Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Smithy =D>

Smacks another ton and cops one in the jatz crackers for his troubles.

What a fantastic calendar year!
by valleys07
Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all the SAFooty community!

Health, Happiness and Laughter to you and your families for 2015.

Stay safe tonight (albeit rather merry for most of us I would have thought) :partyman: :partyman:

Cheers,

Valleys.
by valleys07
Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another addition to the SAFooty family, with @Bluedemon and his wife giving birth to their first daughter.

When he gets a moment i'll allow him to do the honours.

Congratulations!
by valleys07
Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantastic news MBK- congratulations and best wishes to you both!
by valleys07
Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Hogg Shield Information and Q&A Thread

PM sent for a new coach, REB.
by valleys07
Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

This Facebook privacy message doing the rounds.

Its a ****ing hoax- stop flooding my ****ing newsfeed with your stupidity.

/rant.
by valleys07
Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2015

Haven't been hearing much about our pre season. Any word on how we are tracking?

Its been pretty quiet on the media front- we need AFL 360 back on the telly, to return their weekly PAFC wankfest :lol:

Cornes predictably won the 3km TT on 3/1 by 15 seconds (unsure of who finished 2nd), with as many as 7 players running PB's.

Karl Amon is a name being mentioned regularly as a round 1 bolter. Had an outstanding pre-season camp in Dubai and has picked up where he left off in the new year. My eyes will be affixed firmly on him come our intra club trial on Feb 27th. All SAFooty PAFC fans- get to that game if you are keen on a beer and a catchup, I know a few of us are already going!

Welcome to the forum also HE- nice to have another PAFC poster contributing to the boards :D
by valleys07
Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great news today, with Jack Hombsch signing with the club until the end of 2017.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 7184563833
by valleys07
Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Carey- if by round 2, you mean against Sydney, then im there ;)

Lock it in lads.
by valleys07
Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

HH3 wrote:I like how you mention the baby membership [emoji6]

Image ;)
by valleys07
Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |