Search found 765 matches

Return

Re: All Australian Team 2013 - predictions & general discuss

North confirmed tonight why Thomas wasnt an AA. He couldnt even finish top 10 in the B&F of a team that finished 10th
by daysofourlives
Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Why Adelaide needs 2 Coopers Stadiums. Seems stupid really.
by Footy Chick
Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Dogwatcher wrote:So many changes at each club to come over summer. The sides will be all but unrecognisable next season.
Were Ferguson and Mangan expected to depart Westies?

Throw in Tippett who seems to be a good possibility to get drafted, and the Westies defence is suddenly down to just 14 players
by JK
Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you rate!

You'd be the first bloke in history to rate pulling out.
by Zelezny Chucks
Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who xxxxed up The Forum ?

Honestly cant believe how grown men are carrying on about the changes. Ive been using it for about 3 weeks and can hardly remember what the old one looked like. This layout and theme is great, and I appreciate Diss putting in the time to build a great system for all of us to use for free. I know I wouldnt do it. Especially if this is what Id have to put up with.
by HH3
Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013 - Player retirements/delistings/trade discussion

Polec has said he is happy to come to whichever club can do Brisbane the best deal
He has said nothing like that. He will announce he wants to be traded to Adelaide next week . But if deal can't get done. Crows will get him for nothing in the pre season draft

..apparently not.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-10-16/polec-nominates-port-adelaide
by GWW
Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A little undecided if this is good or not,but.....:

-We have a sound young list with lots of inside mids (Boak, Wines, Ebert, Moore, )
- Our list has enough 19-22 year olds coming through, taking a kid at pick 30 (lets face it, a raffle) isn't going to help us right away
- We need some polish on the outside
- If Polec can establish himself in our line-up as an outside mid/goal kicker who has had 3 years in the system then tha MIGHT be better than anything you get with pick 30 (+/-)
- Then again, you might get a diamond in the rough at 30 who ends up being a 10 year 200 gamer.
- Polec might be a 10 year 200 gamer.

If we get him for the right price, early second round pick, why not go for it?
by Booney
Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Paul Chapman to be a Bomber. Said choosing them was easy. 'They said they can prolong my career by up to 50 years with science!'
by Dissident
Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Port Adelaide 2013

It was pretty comical how they were saying how many Crows members would miss out because it would be full of Ports members. What about how many Port members would miss out if it was a Crows game?

The Crows finished lower than Port, and lost both of the 2013 Showdowns, and they have cheated in the last few seasons.

They deserve nothing. And the way Port have gone about things in the last 18 months, they should be rewarded.
by HH3
Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gay marriage, yes or no...?

I honestly don't see any rational argument for people not thinking allowing same sex marriage is a good idea. Unless you are homophobic.

The main issue I have with religious groups saying that same sex marriage undermines the sanctity of marriage is that they ignore the fact that divorce rates have skyrocketed, and there are people out there that are on their 4th marriage etc. or like Britney Spears and only last a few weeks or whatever. All of those things undermine the sanctity of marriage much more than two people who happen to be of the same sex getting married.

The current liberal argument for opposing this law makes me so angry. They say there should be a congruent set of laws over marriage in Australia. And while I actually agree with that, it sidesteps the issue that YOU D*ckheads are now in government? Fking change the law at the commonwealth level!

Lastly, with regards to the debate about same sex couples having access to IVF, I think they should be allowed to. At the present time a single mother can also have access, which is surely a worse situation than having two loving parents. Not to mention 15 year olds can have babies whenever they want so they can get a new tv. Or just because they are careless. IVF is a massive commitment, financially and also in terms of how stressful it would be. And it has to be a choice of the parents. Surely this puts them in a better position than the 15 year old that gets knocked up

Well said.

Without wanting to pigeonhole any religious users of this forum, they're just as inclined to commit adultery, rape, indecent acts against children and people in general, and other crimes as non-believers.

Having done the majority of my schooling in the private system, I couldn't believe the level of homophobia, bigotry and sexism many of my teachers tried to pass on to us. But that's not to say all religious people are like that. In fact, some of the most open-minded, caring and compassionate people I have ever met have faith in one god or another. But there are also a great deal on non-religious types who are as bad as some faith-based folk.

What I'm trying to say is that like Pierre Trudeau once said "there's no place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation" and "what's done in private between adults doesn't concern the Criminal Code".
by Failed Creation
Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BEST JOKES - Warning: Site Rules Still Apply

George went on a vacation with his family and his mother-in-law to Jerusalem. Sadly, during their vacation, George's Mother-in-law died.
With the death certificate in his hand, George went to the American Consulate Office to make arrangements to send the body back to the United States for a proper burial. The Consul told George that sending the body back to the United States for burial was very expensive. It could cost him $10,000. The Consul told him, "In most cases the person responsible for the remains normally decides to bury the body here in Jerusalem . This costs just $150."
George thinks for some time and answers, "I don't care how much it will cost to send the body back; that's what I want to do."
The Consul says, "You must have loved your Mother-in-law very much, considering the enormous cost."
"No, it's not that," says George. "You see, I know of a man that was buried here in Jerusalem . On the third day he arose from the dead. I just can't take that chance.
by locky801
Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

she sings??? i've honestly never seen her mouth move...

:shock: =P~ :X

by woodublieve12
Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: WG GRACE

The team is mostly political. Grace is no way in the best 6 bats of all time. I love also how people say "on uncovered pitches" as if that automatically makes it a billion times harder to bat on. If it doesn't rain then it's a moot point, but rain on uncovered pitches can actually make it easier to bat. If I'm not out on a wearing day 4 pitch, I'm praying for rain to make it like a day 1 pitch again. Have a read of the last timeless test and see the effect rain had on that deck.

Gilchrist is a massive mistake. Would not be many more blokes who won games for their country than him. Cops a bit for not being a great keeper, but I think that's largely a myth. All keepers miss chances. Nobody watched Gilly keeping to Warnie and wished for Healy back.

Marshall clearly a better bowler than Hadlee IMHO. If you're wanting an allrounder in that slot though, Imran Khan's bowling is not far behind (and almost identical to Hadlee) but batting near 40. These are Imran's stats from the last 10 years of his career.

M 51 R 2477 HS 136 Ave 51.60 100s 5 W 204 BBI 8/60 Ave 19.90
by Grahaml
Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Fixture (released 31/10) - predictions/discussion..

having a split round for round 1 is anti-climactic IMO.

I don't want to ease into the footy season, I want it to smash me in the head and make me wake up to the realisation it's footy season again.
by gadj1976
Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep Syd v GWS is very underwhelming. One day it may be a blockbuster. But until then, play a game with relevance and interest!
by MatteeG
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide cracks Lonely Planet's Top 10 list

I tend to find the people who moan the most about living here do very little in the way of getting out and looking around.

Experience Fringe shows you wouldn't normally go to see. The Fringe (and other) festivals gives us our international reputation for "arts" (Trust me, I'm not "arty" at all)

Experience a little restaurant on Rundle St, off Rundle St! Dont go to the same pub for a schnitty every meal you go out for.

Take a drive in the Barossa, the hills, the Vales.....

The list is so bloody long of things to do, IF you are prepared to get out there and do them. We might complain about how expensive things are, but book a room in central Sydney or Perth, a high end room at a quality hotel. Then do the same in Adelaide.

Catch a cab from the airport to that hotel.

Drive for an hour from the CBD and enjoy the Adelaide Hills, or drive for an hour from Sydney CBD and be on the fringe of the bloody CBD!!

Lonely Planet has 450 staff on the books, over 200 authors and has printed over 100 million books, but someone in Adelaide thinks they've got it wrong about how good this place is.

Dont let the door hit you......
by Booney
Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm hearing rumours that the Crows round 3 opponent could be the Swans. This match would be the Crows first official home game at Adelaide Oval. I'd be hoping for a blockbuster type match. I don't think Sydney fits that bill.

You are forgetting the alleged traitor for the swans. The knitting needles will be out in force......
by heater31
Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I hope they don't start another season with a split round or a stand-alone game.

Just start with a full round of fixtures on the first weekend and stop messing about!

Unfortunately it will be mate. 4 games 1 weekend and 4 the following to start round 1 is what I have read..

Yeah, I dont count the Battle of the Bridge either ;)
by daysofourlives
Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

HH3 wrote:Yeah everyone hates me coz they aint me.

Im just waiting for the moment I can tell these lovely people that Im taking a month off and they have to do their own jobs while Im gone :lol:

or you get to desk-flip ;)
by Footy Chick
Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL feels need to emphasise risks of ducking

LMAO. The AFL changes a rule that didn't need to be changed in the first place and then needs to hold a summit to figure out how to put things back to they were in the first place.

Here's an idea you tards STOP ******* WITH THE RULES and leave the game alone.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A blind man interviews for a job as a quality controller at the local wood mill. The manager calls the blind man into his office and asks him how he expected to do this job since he was blind. The blind man replied he would do it by smell. The manager decides to test him and places a piece of wood in front of him. The manager asks, "What is it without touching it?" The blind man replies, "That's a good piece of fir." "Correct,'' says the manager, now try this one." "That's a bad piece of willow," says the blind man. "Correct," answers the manager.

With that, the manager decides to play a trick on the blind man. He get his secretary to lift up her dress and put her crotch in the blind mans face. "I'm confused,'' says the blind man, ''Can you turn it around?" The secretary turns around and puts her ass in his face. The blind man says, "Oh, you're trying to fool me! But I know exactly what kind of wood that is. It's the shit house door off a tuna boat!"
by HH3
Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Jeez, considering the full forward at the other end kicked 10 why aren't we ragging on the Lockleys fullback? Q would understand that sometimes, when playing deep in D , there just 'aint much you can do. Gatis kicking 5 goals (3 on me) had nothing to do with me being unfit ... ok maybe it was a little bit ... but it was mostly Lockley's supply which was first rate on the day. Give credit where it is due.

Ahem. I was never beaten...mainly because I wore slacks to the game and got my ankles taped.
by Q.
Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Morell, I agree with some of your comments, but fitness, regardless of what division you are playing in, is surely the most important asset any footballer can have. There is no point having all of the skill and ability in the world, if you cant get your hands on the footy.
Lets take for example, two opponents, of equal weight, height, strength and talent. One can run 15 laps in good time at training, the other can get around the oval say 3 times before he needs a breather. These two guys line up on each other on a Saturday, and there are 15 contests, 1 on 1, with the ball about 30 metres away. How many times do you think the bloke with supreme fitness is going to get his hands on the ball first and pump it long. Not to mention his delivery will be much better because he isn't so spent by the time he gets the footy, and his decision making will be better because his mind is clear, and not asking himself how am I going to get my next breath. Just my opinion.
by citycoaster17
Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: First Ashes Test Team predictions

I've been a harsh critic of Johnson in the past, never forgiven him for his Lords performance of 2009. However, his pace is good and his lines appear tighter. I believe he has done his pennance and will do well in this series. There are players I rate and players I don't but once they put on that Baggy Green I want them to do well.

Hope he tears them a new one at the Gabba. No Hughes and no Khawaja is good and Bailey deserves his shot.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Oh please, Adam Simpson and Damien Hardwick both got head coach positions after being assistants at the Hawks. Let them go and flourish. Nothing to be gained by trying to hold onto them!
by MatteeG
Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

A coach from a higher div has been trying to poach a couple of Cbcocfc young lads who will be doing a pre season with a sanfl club. He's <span id="adtext_8" class="adtext">claiming</span> if they r playing in a higher div it will increase their chances of getting a game in the resissies or league... This isn't the case. If the player was trying to get noticed so he could get an invite to training I would agree but the kids have already been noticed & will get a chance in the sanfl system. Your either have it or you don't.

I just think it would b a shame if one of these players left our footy club to go play somewhere under the false pretence it will improve their chances of getting a go @ sanfl level, after CBC has put a lot of time and effort in2 these kids. I have confirmation from the said sanfl clubs coach that it will not be a deal breaker & performance on the training track & games is what will decide if they get a game or not.

I have always heard that the League clubs encourage the players not getting a game to play at a D1 or D2 club. Makes sense really. If I'm a reserves coach, I'd want the guys not getting a game to be playing at a similar standard competition in the mean time.
SANFL clubs should openly promote loyalty in these kids to play at their home clubs, not look after their "mates" at higher division clubs. The simple fact is, if the kid is good enough, he'll make it. Sending him to play at a Div 1 or Div 2 club so they can "keep an eye on them" or it will "give them a better chance to make it" is a crock of sh*t. All it does is rob the original club of one of their best juniors and makes the strong clubs stronger. How are div 3,4,5,6 clubs ever going to strive for the pinnacle of their competition when all their most promising juniors are openly encouraged to leave and go play higher?

It stinks and it happens all the time. 3 of our kids were told to play at a Div 1 club by an SANFL club last year. 2 did, 1 didn't. None of the 3 made the cut in the end, but we lost 2 quality juniors in the process . You can't replace 10 years of development overnight. SANFL clubs are happy to take from our clubs, but they aren't too quick to give back to us - unless we are in Div 1 or 2 of course...
by S Demon
Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that make you laugh

A lady at work complaining about me because I sent an email asking whoever spilt the milk all over the kitchen to clean it up. Apparently that’s bullying because I already knew it was her from checking the security camera and could have told her discreetly. I didn't even name her in the email. Never mind it is the third time she’s has been told to clean up her mess, the first two times she was told discreetly. Now I have to apologise to her.
I'd be tempted to send out and email saying something like, " I hereby formally apologise to xxxx for criticising her in an indirect and non-identifying way for not cleaning up the milk she had spilled in the kitchen."
by Psyber
Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: St Kilda 2013

Port have every right to block the move BUT surely it wont be on good terms with Richardson and the partnership would become unworkable at that point.

By the sounds of it Port have some other quality people who can step up to the role left.

Surely the best outcome for everyone is to part ways and both parties move on and look forward to progression.
by whufc
Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2013/14 NFL Season

I changed two tips this morning.

Miami to chargers
and bucs to falcons

hopefully doesn't prove too costly int he future

was gonna change to ravens, but didn't thankfully.

How in the **** did Atlanta lose to Tampa, they are dead set horrible!!

Massive fall though considering we were 1 play away from the Superbowl last season.

I feel your pain brother...
by HH3
Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need to know....

is it filled witha different kind of coke??? ;)
by woodublieve12
Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

More coppers like that = less little smart arses like that in society. Should have taken to him with the night stick.

Cocky little prick.
by Booney
Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A young ventriloquist is touring Norway and puts on a show in a small fishing town. With his dummy on his knee, he starts going through his usual dumb blonde jokes.

Suddenly, a blonde woman in the fourth row stands on her chair and starts shouting, "I've heard enough of your stupid blonde jokes. What makes you think you can stereotype Norwegian blonde women that way? What does the colour of a woman's hair have to do with her worth as a human being?

It's men like you who keep women like me from being respected at work and in the community, and from reaching our full potential as people. Its people like you that make others think that all blondes are dumb! You and your kind continue to perpetuate discrimination against not only blondes, but women in general, pathetically all in the name of humour!"

The embarrassed ventriloquist begins to apologize, and the blonde yells:

"You stay out of this! ........I'm talking to that little shit on your lap."
by locky801
Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

I'm sorry but this will not be the first time a player has changed clubs, so it will be no different this time.
by D14
Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that you don't understand

Hopefully he doesn't spend much time in jail. Hopefully other inmates send him to the morgue pretty quickly
by RustyCage
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Naming Rights Sponsor

League twice? What do they think the L stands for?
So we're a league league?
Surely the IGA SANFL makes more sense?
by Wedgie
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Naming Rights Sponsor

South Australian National Football League Independent Grocers Australia League.

Did the same people that brain stormed this design the Adelaide Airport Car drop-off/pick-up new system?
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I too associate pearl earrings, augmented breasts and hosting a TV show with boganism.
by Booney
Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 2nd Test Adelaide Discussion

give silk/head a few more years before they get picked. otherwise it will be another hughes situation all over again.

3 years time they will still be younger than anyone else in the current team.

i could see them bringing faulkner in for bailey just so that harris and siddle dont have to bowl 30 overs each

Good call. Although I haven't seen that much of Head but that's what happens when you get married.

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I'm happy to catch up for a beer, but I'm not standing next to valleys. He's far too young, fit and good looking.... ;)
by Booney
Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 5 2014

valleys07 wrote:Ivan novosel training with greenacres. Fair pick up if he signs.

He obviou$ly want$ to play in $ome new $urrounding$ and experience what Greenacre$ ha$ to offer.
Good luck to him
by Choccies
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 - Pre-Season/General Discussion

I'm happy to catch up for a beer, but I'm not standing next to valleys. He's far too young, fit and good looking.... ;)

If that's the case, he might make us look better than we currently do...

Like I said in the private message ages ago, you can have a few bevvies on me. It almost makes it worth meeting yours truly, doesn't it? ;)

I'll be the judge of that.... ;)

Yes valleys, I got the reference. Now, just a matter of how to "get" Aunt Robyn.....or, for that matter, Aunt Lilly. =P~
by Booney
Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 7-11 @ SCG.

Pumped.

Am i the only one that gets more joy from watching the backs prevail then watching the aussies?
by Coach Bombay
Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

JAS

It was about a year ago today that many truly caring, loving people, found out that Jacqueline Ann Schwier (JAS) had passed away.

Despite all the hours of painstaking moderation this Angel gave this site, and others, there are still a few remaining ‘Arseholes’ who should hang their heads in shame.

Those who still love this utterly gorgeous human being will always remember that she only sought to serve, honestly and fairly, just as she had in the ‘Falklands War’. How could anyone treat such a beautiful person so badly? Luckily, there were only a few f**kwits who treated this Angel unfairly. Fortunately, those who chose to ridicule, torture or upset JAS in the year of her death are a pathetic minority, way beyond belief & contempt. Good Aussies, should take a moment to remember this brave and unselfish woman, who, with complete and utter dedication, fought terminal cancer, silently, bravely, and tragically, on her own.

Thank you for just being you JAS.

Good and decent people will always love you and remember you.

I luv you Jax, and always will.
Sabre xox.
by SABRE
Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have one coffee a day champion
******* addict
Yeah I try to keep away from coffee, coz it starts out as just a bit of Blend 43 every now and again. At parties and stuff. Then that doesnt cut it. You dont get the same buzz you used to. So then you try some flavoured coffee. Then you're after some stronger stuff from South America. All of a sudden you find yourself very alert, with bad breath and bad teeth. It tears families apart.

So, yeah, I try to keep from going down that path.

Heroins good though.
by HH3
Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sheffield Shield SA vs NSW 8-11 @ SCG.

valleys07 wrote:Great work lads!

Boo Hiss! ;)

regards,

REB
by Rik E Boy
Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ashes 3rd Test Perth Discussion

Looks good for Perth later this week.

Friday 38°
Saturday 39°
Sunday 37°
Monday 40°
Tuesday 39°

=)) =)) =))
by Booney
Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Well what a week for Everton, if you had of told me we were going to take 2 points against Man Utd and Arsenal away i would of taken that any day of the week but we took 4/6... very very happy, and not only that we took the points but we actually looked a decent side, in previous years we would of been on the back foot for the majority game and stole a point but a different story this season.

Now we have a run of games against teams outside the top 10 (dangerous opposition in my opinion) as we enter the christmas period where the games come quick and fast, this is where we will see we are at and whether we are going to drop off or not. Can't be complacent and must take all 3 points when we play at home to keep the pressure on the teams around us and wiat for them to drop points.

Still have only lost 1 game this season which is the best in the league but have drawn 7 games which is 4 more than any other team inside the top 7. Could possibly come back to bite us.

Nevertheless not a bad run so far this season against the more fancied sides..
Man Utd (A) win
Chelsea (H) win
Liverpool (H) draw
Tottenham (H) draw
Arsenal (A) draw
Man City (A) loss
by cossi11
Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |