Search found 136 matches

Return

Re: Benson resigns at Sturt

It's not politically incorrect, it's a fact. These gambling machines always do better in poorer areas.
Here are some figures from four years back (FY2009) regarding gaming revenues.

LGA or Grouped LGA Aggregate NGR Pop. (Ave) NGR per capita

Adelaide $35,112,065.02 19566 $1,794.54
Norwood Payneham & St Peters $32,446,643.65 35731 $908.08
Port Adelaide Enfield $79,174,176.27 111228 $711.82
Holdfast Bay $24,936,536.76 35513 $702.18
Gawler $13,951,259.40 20600** $677.25
Charles Sturt $65,077,030.42 105547 $616.57
West Torrens $31,105,176.27 55496 $560.49
Salisbury $66,639,042.44 127568 $522.38
Prospect Walkerville $12,940,855.05 28200 $458.90
Playford $32,513,807.23 75544 $430.40
Onkaparinga $64,925,277.71 158022 $410.86
Unley $15,578,147.83 37967 $410.31
Marion $30,384,907.26 83227 $365.08
Mount Barker $10,185,398.28 29031 $350.85
Campbelltown Tea Tree Gully $46,389,163.81 147295 $314.94
Mitcham Burnside $16,157,922.15 108289 $149.21
Adelaide Hills $5,155,977.15 39363 $130.99

**Gawler population an estimate based on current figures at en.wikipedia.org

Not sure what the current figures are but you get the idea.

Obviously there will be some council areas, Adelaide City Council area for example, that bring in a greater proportion of the expenditure from other countries, states and council areas. Conversely, some council areas may be slightly lower as a result.

Any correlation between affluence and gaming revenues - as well as "political correctness" - I'll leave to the discretion of the individual reader.

Sources:-

Aggregate NGR - http://www.olgc.sa.gov.au/gaming/statistics/NetGamblingRevenuegroupedbyLocalGovernmentArea%28Council%29200809.pdf
Population Average - calculated from FY08 and FY09 figures at http://profile.id.com.au (except **)

NGR per capita - calculated from sourced data.
by StrayDog
Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Thanks but per our CEO, Keith Thomas, I'll call the Magpies what the Port Adelaide Football Club officially calls them, "our SANFL side".

You can feel free to call them whatever floats your collective boats , most likely, " The Winners". 8)
Sage advice from an old Port tug. ;)
by StrayDog
Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Survey

Mickyj wrote:
The Sleeping Giant wrote:Maybe some more active supporters have said **** it.

Maybe its a small vocal minority that are online . Not having a sledge at anyone and the silent majority aren't online !! No idea

Ah yes. The "silent majority". Blessed are the meek and all that.
by StrayDog
Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - Norwood v Port Adelaide @ Coopers (Thur N 3/4)

It's worth noting that while Norwood only have eight of last year's premiership side playing - they do have only four debutants. Says much for their depth over the past couple of years.

Also says a lot about Bassett's ability to turn average footballers into excellent team contributors.
Certainly made the best of what he had, pretty hard to rattle well drilled sides where everyone has the confidence to work to task within their own limitations .
by StrayDog
Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

the observer wrote:The bays have been RIP since their main side the crows went in .Dont blame the current set up

Had over twenty years to get their sh/t together, has bugger all to do with this.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

Yeah, nothing says love like pulling your sponsorship.

Well do it then if you sponsor.Round 3 now. Just sayin'

Lots of whinging coming out Elizabeth way..................spoilt non football folk maybe
:lol:

Nice try, but I think you might've just missed the point of smac's post there Bouncey.

More attention to detail please. It's nearly Round 3, after all. ;)
by StrayDog
Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

I didn't hear any of this abuse or banter or whatever it is you guys want to call it. Certainly wasn't directed towards me. Maybe it's because I am male and under 60.

Well I'm sure if you are looking for any abuse the next time you're out this way, audibly airing this type of hackneyed bullshit might get things moving.

You happy to back up your statement that Centrals supporters only abuse women over 60?

Big call.
Never let it be said we don't have a healthy respect for equal opportunity.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Dols wrote:
UK Fan wrote:Big surprise. A Port fan doesn't like the thread.
i am actually enjoying it, but the first 5 pages cover the next 36.

Just download and repeatedly read the first five pages then. Same enjoyment for a fraction of the effort. :D
by StrayDog
Fri May 16, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The thing is though, if port were also down the bottom there would be no whinging in this thread whatsoever. It would be "sucked in, this what you wanted." People worried about two (or three) sets of rules wouldn't say a word

Smells of a little sour grapes at this point in time. But also shows that it doesn't take much to turn a really bad side into a really good one. Bottom end depth vitally important.
The ultimate prize of the SANFL league competition, the Thomas Seymour Hill trophy, is now NOT the ultimate focus of 20% of the competing clubs. The suggestion that suddenly all would be forgiven about this bastardisation simply because the sides aren't performing (as one of them isn't) is bizarre, and smacks of having NO concept of why this has been fought LONG before it happened. It's all on here benny. Do some research.

Personally I couldn't give a ratz jatz how the strong or weak the AFL reserves teams are. They shouldn't be in the SANFL league competition. End of story.

I guarantee the pungent odour you're smelling isn't sour grapes, but you will find it in most gardening shops - and, perhaps, a little closer to home.

Viva Eric!
by StrayDog
Mon May 19, 2014 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 State Game - SANFL v VFL @ Port Melbourne (Sat 31/5

Well it matters to a few of us, the Life FM crew made it to Melbourne in one piece, the radio gear works at the Oval (great oval by the way)

Now checked in hotel and we have time up our selve to enjoy being a tourist for a few hours.
Well, we are supposedly a pretty introspective mob in this state but this might be taking things a bit too literally.
by StrayDog
Fri May 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

...But hey, any reason to throw the toys out the cot....

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2564/4077633539_b9e16c74e8_z.jpg
Port supporters have consolidated the toy/cot part of your argument.

Interesting choice of illustration. So much for always being told that the white pattern on the guernsey was meant to be prison bars... :D
by StrayDog
Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Further, the views of all of the VFL General Managers at a meeting on the 13th of August when finals eligibility was discussed was also never considered and was dismissed as irrelevant. This was despite the fact that the rules relating to eligibility to play in finals would be strictly enforced and no mention was made at any stage of any discretion being exercised by AFL Victoria.
Farcical, that much is obvious.

Williamstown should only need to be worrying about one thing now, and having to fight those that should be overseeing the equity and welfare of their competition isn't it. I just hope trying to get justice doesn't prove to be too much of a distraction for them.
by StrayDog
Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

bennymacca wrote:and to think, ...

An interesting premise in itself...
by StrayDog
Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL crowd numbers

Positive people will find the positives and negative people will do the opposite.

So both sides of the have got their agendas? Thought it was just us malcontents stuck living in the 70s.

It is nice to see it finally acknowledged that you do the same, just for the forces of evil.

Not that your post makes all that much sense but I will try and reply,

If Being excited for a Port Norwood GF and hoping for a big crowd and good game means I'm supporting evil then call me Darth Vader if it makes you happy.
May the farce be with you.
by StrayDog
Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Spargo wrote:Flat tyres annoy me.

Life will be different soon.

Crumbed chops for tea.

Electricity prices hurt, but I keep smiling :D

mmmmm...crumbed chops...

by StrayDog
Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood & the salary cap

Rik E Boy wrote:
I must say it is totally unlike Centrals supporters to behave in such a manner. Just buy your membership boys, you care more about our club than yours.

regards,

REB

He he. Nice one AdelaideHawk. :D
by StrayDog
Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Name your top 3 in 2015. The rest doesn't count.

Rising Power wrote:Port Power
Port Magpies
Port Reserves

topsywaldron wrote:Couldn't find room for the mighty Port Under 18s in that list?

Would have been room if their reserves weren't listed twice.
by StrayDog
Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yep, sick of being dictated to by the AFL and the two Reserve sides. Its bad enough our season was shortened and the GF moved dates. Its about time the SANFL stopped bowing down to them and make their own decisions. Play the game at the regular timeslot. As for the crowd, It wouldnt bother me if Crows or Port fans never attended SANFL games, personally I dont want them there
Sounds like something Hitler said about 75 years ago
Wow.

We finally started comparing each other to nazis after 2,800 posts. Didn't think it could get any lower...
Here's us thinking the username "Rising Power" was referring to Port Adelaide. Hide your long knives everyone.
by StrayDog
Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 Retirements & 2015 Player Movement Discussions

dedja wrote:We'll make sure the spoon is in good nick when we hand it over ...

Assuming Chiggy is still around by then, of course.
by StrayDog
Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R u to b a member of ur favourite SANFL club in 2015?

I don't want to give up and then we finally win, they going to pry my panthers membership from my cold, dead hands

I am like you fluffbag, followed the Panthers when they were the Yeoows for the last 62 years, Dad bought me my first South membership for my 14th birthday, continued ever since. I have no intention of not being a member when we win our next premiership and I intend to live for another 25 years.
If resilience and dedication were water, you and other South people would fill a few Olympic pools. Hats off to you.
by StrayDog
Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R2 live scores, boasting and umpire blaming

Was hoping for 4k at Eliz. Dogs supporters have dropped off in droves over the last few years. Night games failed after the initial novelty wore off - not sure what else they can do as facilities as good as anywhere else if not the best. Winning 10 on the trot might do it but even then I wonder if the credibility of the comp has been dealt a mortal blow in its ability to attract the casual/fringe supporter.
Looks like the turnout at Elizabeth the second highest for the round, but I can only wonder how much less it would have been had it we not been playing Norwood. Norwood fans ( particularly after the result) in good voice yesterday - more needed across the league IMO.

Good weather, footy starved supporters and still only a little more than 10k for a complete round. Yikes.

That NA v AFC figure is about 2K, or 48% lower than the corresponding R1 clash last year. Yes, the Crows were on TV later in the day, but still...

Sans novelty factor.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The never ending No AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

Great news if true but I'll believe it when I see it.
1. Never trust the AFL clubs concerning the SANFL.
2. Never trust the word of anyone in a position of power regarding footy in SA.
3. Be wary of the AFL's thoughts on this.
I was told last year by a club official that it was very likely that Port would do away with the prison bars and calling themselves the Magpies in the SANFL, it never happened. I'm not blaming that official as they only conveyed what they thought was happening. The point is that nothing is certain.
Given the convenient changes of heart by some of the organisations served us this turd sandwich, this is a lesson that no dyed-in-the-wool follower of SANFL football should forget.

Ever.
by StrayDog
Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R10 Sturt v Norwood @ Unley

3,995 is the biggest crowd at Unley as far as I can see since 2010; no doubt someone will be able to point out exactly when!

No doubt 3 or 4 bitter posters will be able to come on here and talk about the crowd being under 4K means we are at crisis point and the comp will fold before next year :roll:

Norwood head to Gliderol next round to play the Bays and I would think if the weather is good another crowd of between 3-4K will be on the cards.
Yawn.

The "4k" references have related to the Crows and their (alleged) commitments / promises / projections / whatever. 'Crisis' talk has generally referenced trends, not singular crowd figures, some of which have been on par.

Go away.

Completely different topic dopey. Nowhere in the above posts are the Crows mentioned. Take your own advice and Go away. Plenty of threads where you can bitch about Crows/Ravens.
Sweet talker. :lol:

We both know what the drop in crowds has been put on, and, by extension, exactly who you were having a crack at with your purile "bitter posters" crap. Most readers will have got that, as well as understand that I wasn' t having a "bitch about the Crows"- just pointing out that the irrelevance of your childish "4k" and "crisis" references.

Don't want a fight? Don't pick one.

I came here to read about the match, not opportunistic smart-arse remarks. So "take your own advice" and stick to the topic. Leave the clever stuff for the grown ups.

Sleep well.
by StrayDog
Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R13: Norwood v Port - Saturday 11 July @ Norwood

Booney wrote:My great-Aunt pulled a blokes bowler hat down over his ears at Adelaide Oval one day, ripped the rim of the hat off in the process and threw her bag of Minties at him. :lol:

"It's moments like these.... "

:D
by StrayDog
Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R15: North v Centrals - Sunday 26 July @ Prospect

Central supporters are kidding themselves if they think they'll take South's spot in the finals.
Easily the 9th worst side in the comp.

That would be second best then. :D

Bit late for the double chance, but thanks anyway.

Interesting quote, considering we have just beaten The Crows, Norwood, drawn with South, just lost to West & now beaten Norf on their crooked dungheap :D
Irrelevant. We're only ever as good as our last match at Prospect. :lol: ;)
by StrayDog
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nick Murphy sacked

It would be on pretty thin ground. A waste of money.
They would argue that he was captain at the time of the alleged incident.
They would also argue that the story indicated the measures South had taken.
Was still co captain when the alleged incident happened
Irrelevent.
Yep, quite irrelevant. The story context is current / future (ie, the pending trial), however, the opening wording is not. The opening sentence / paragraph should read 'former', and the rest of the story should explain how and why, for the reader that is inclined to read further.

What he 'was' at the time of alleged conduct is beside the point - as is what further reading of the story, or any subsequent or previous media releases by South, may clarify. Likewise, what the journos or Club Murdoch may or may not "argue".

But, yeah, I think DW is right in the sense of limited value in pursuing it. Doesn't excuse it though.
by StrayDog
Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2015 Ashes

England team lining up to honour Pup, coming to the crease. Well done fellas, great to see.
by StrayDog
Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who wins the flag?

On behalf of most.......who cares.
At last, back to something constructive. Well done.

Well really, the comp is a joke. Thanks to Friar Tuck (Olsen) and cohorts. Nothing left in it for most people, hence the non attendance, unless you feel otherwise?
Sorry, I misread the context of your post, so I humbly withdraw. :oops:
by StrayDog
Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 19- South v Centrals @ Noarlunga on Saturday

South 1-39 to book their place in the finals. I think most supporters of other teams would be hoping South gets chance at back to back finals.

Absolutely. Finals without Centrals are also much more enjoyable.
Alright, I'll play. :D

If South get up this week, then the chance of them going on to do what only one SANFL club has ever done, win the flag from fifth spot, is something I'm sure most SANFL followers wouldn't begrudge them - if not cheer on to the end, short of their own sides winning the flag.

If nothing else, reinforcing the notion that faith has its rewards - and there are few more faithful in second tier footy in this country than the long suffering Southies.

That not being the case, if only one good thing comes out of a South win this weekend, it will be the possibility of watching them do to the Power reserves, at some stage of the finals, what they failed to do in the Prelim last year. I'm sure that's something that would give an overwhelming majority of supporters of real SANFL clubs a warm glow in their hearts.
by StrayDog
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ROUND 19 SCORES AND CHAT

Wedgie wrote:What a disappointing finals it looks to be, bad luck South and South fans, probably the most boring 5 sides in the comp, other sports for me till next year.

8)

Au revoir.
by StrayDog
Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/crows-and-ma

Great article, pity about a lot of the dim witted comments below it. Not sure if it cut pasted properly, hard on the phone)http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/local-footy-sa/sanfl/crows-and-magpies-should-be-banned-from-playing-sanfl-finals-says-cara-jenkin/news-story/b0e588db09e062cb778a20c6b8a4bebc

Maybe some posters from here can comment on the site?
To borrow from 'Doddy' on the Elim final thread...

"Don't wrestle with a pig folks, you both get dirty and the pig enjoys it." :D

Thoughtful article though.

That said, just taking these reserves sides out of the finals equation is all well and good. Trouble is, it still leaves clubs that are not 100% focussed on the SANFL League Flag influencing the final ladder positions of those that can and should be focussed on that prize.

We got a taste in the last third of last season what the Ravens were capable of when it suited them. Second to bottom after R13 with just two and a half wins, one of those against the "Magpies". They finished off the season from that point scoring at 2:1 to their opponents on average, just dipping out on finals - with notably superior percentage to Centrals.
by StrayDog
Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Hannath back to the Dogs?

Hoping. Our rucks have been willing, but not controlling since Buckets' departure.
I attribute our recent lack of success to his absence, as much, if not more, than the Gowans boys.
Big call, I know.
Perhaps not as big a call as some might think.

'Buckets', the man whom Nathan Bassett referred to (if memory serves) as "Central's answer to Peter Helliar" at Norwood's 2010 Grand Final wake.

Monument to hard work and perseverance, an example for team-mates and juniors coming through the ranks. Effective around the ground and his mobility frustrated opponents over the years.
by StrayDog
Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Player movement 2017

Big Phil wrote:Jack Hannath signing with the Bulldogs is now official:

http://sanfl.com.au/jacks-loyalty-out-of-the-box/

Yep, great news for the 'Dogs. Some good balance and flexibility building up out here at the mo.
by StrayDog
Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

And meanwhile in the West... the discontent with their AFL player alignment arrangement continues to fester...

https://thewest.com.au/sport/wafl/the-tuesday-wafl-is-the-alignment-model-destroying-the-dna-of-a-once-proud-wafl-club-ng-b88448580z

The old method of farming out players to varying WAFL clubs, (SANFL referenced as using the same method), is being warmly reminisced..
I remember in the 1990s when some in the east were openly citing this model in a positive light.

Collingwood's 2010 flag, after three seasons of standalone reserves, a propaganda appetiser used to justify standalone teams / full alignments across the board, and the SANFL was on their menu.

Conveniently tucked away was the fact that Geelong's reserves, continued in the VFL in 2000 after AFL reserves disbanded, watched their seniors average about 9th until they tore "the Power" a new Size 119 pooper in 2007.
by StrayDog
Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Latest spin

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/expert-opinion/michelangelo-rucci/afl-reserves-teams-in-state-league-is-working-better-in-sanfl-than-wafl/news-story/626034e377d57edd0347a7cd4c57beec

Obfuscating progaganda, at its finest.

For example, the very first point in the article:-

"Only once, in 2014, with the Port Adelaide Magpies, has an AFL reserves team reached the SANFL grand final. And lost — to Norwood."

....after not playing in a decider for 15 years, miraculously made the GF in the first season of the new arrangement. Finished minor premiers after missing the finals completely for the previous five seasons, kicking three goals more per minor round game than the eventual Premiers.

And JUST missed out on the flag.

Not to mention taking up a spot in the Decider that would have otherwise been filled by a club that doesn't see the SANFL flag as a consolation prize.
by StrayDog
Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 10

Keefy wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Could S Summerton win the league and reserves Magarey Medal in the same year? Playing B Grade today and piling up big stats in 1st 1/4.

20 disposals in the first half

Keeps this up and he'll earn himself a place in the Magpies league side.
by StrayDog
Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFLX and Y and Z plus trial games

therisingblues wrote:yes, they looked very sharp in their canary yellow.

"Canary yellow"? That's Ustrayn Gold, my friend, and don't you f**n' forget it...

...Canary yellow indeed! ;) :)
by StrayDog
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Save the Tigers

Clubs and/or SANFL probably don't feel they could attract the additional $$ in sponsorship to cover the additional wages of players and staff, as well as additional costs for umpiring and statistics which definitely add up.

22 games over 23 weeks would be fantastic with a mid-season bye, but can't help but feel the 18 games is here to stay for financial reasons.

Same as why we only get 18 Seven Network games per season when there's far more weeks of footy than that. All about the $$.
... only about 3/4 of that exposure to the actual SANFL clubs each year.
by StrayDog
Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Bignell at it again

Quality work. Steven Marshall was seen at The Fringe last night singing along to Kylie Minogue songs, I'm guessing 'I should be so lucky' will be his walk on song if he gets up Saturday night.
Or perhaps a magnanimous rendition of "Better the Devil You Know" if it goes the other way. :D
by StrayDog
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Magellan wrote:
morell wrote:Don't they know the "N" stands for National!!

To distinguish the game of 'Australian Rules' from other codes who also went by the name 'football', if my understanding's correct.

Oi, you're getting in the way of some quality paternalistic tittering there sport. Knock it off. ;)
by StrayDog
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

marbles wrote:
morell wrote:Ohhhh Fanny.

It's so weird how much I like you. Reminds me of marbles.

fanny is very lovable

I reckon you're right. I've never met one that I didn't like.
by StrayDog
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

Do some of you actually read previous posts ? Good to see most of you still whinge about absolute crap .

A man died serving his club today.Get over your pathetic SANFL bashing and support the competition. I know he would appreciate that.

RIP
I'm not going to engage in a debate on posting ethics.

Suffice to say that, under the circumstances, I didn't think much of your effort either.
by StrayDog
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL Round 1

I think you have finally cracked JTC. Some people might think this is eggcellent but I think it’s just rotten. Who will think of the chickens
I know it was a bit eggstreme, but what about the irony of rotten eggs down at the Roosters :lol:
Still, if a little eggageration leads to a bit of eggcitement on here, then far from me to be the Benedict Arnold ;)
Just like you to look on the sunny side . 8)
I'm making an eggsecutive decision - this conversation about eggs is over. Easy.
Fair enough. Responses were a crack up in the beginning, but these things can get a bit Pavlovian. Thank-you for laying it to rest.
by StrayDog
Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pure Ladder 2018

LMA wrote:How cute! Maybe the top 4 can playoff for the Unicorn Cup

Great idea. The Troll Cup could be the curtain-raisers.
by StrayDog
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: R3 Port v WWT

The statement reads :

Port Adelaide midfielder Sam Powell-Pepper has received a one-game sanction imposed by the club’s leadership group for breaking team rules last weekend.

It has been established that Powell-Pepper was intoxicated and broke the playing group’s time curfew on Sunday morning.

The sanction means Powell-Pepper will miss Port Adelaide’s Round 4 clash with Essendon this Sunday at Etihad Stadium.

The AFL is continuing its investigations into an alleged incident involving Powell-Pepper in an Adelaide bar last Sunday morning.

These investigations are ongoing and the club will be making no further comment until they are completed.

From which I ascertain he's only been prevented from playing AFL football this weekend.
or, they don't mention playing in the SANFL because that's of no importance to them.

You should put that on a banner.
Might look better on a Grand Final coffin.
by StrayDog
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Centrals v Glenelg Sat 1410

I'm not angry, just disappointed. Had a chat to Straydog, a genuinely good bloke, apologies to him for not being a bit more coherent but I'd had a few at that stage.
Nah, all good Grenville, you sounded fine to me. Good to meet you, another genuine bloke. :)

Was looking to say g'day to a few of the Snout's Louts today too, Spargo being one, not to be sadly. Maybe next year.

Good to catch up with GMcG again too, it's been a while.

The game itself had few highlights, I reckon we might have pinched one despite not being the better team on the day.
Yep, I thought Glenelg the better side today too, and Watt a worthy inclusion for us as you pointed out at the game.

Free kicks 26 to 15 against the 'Dogs, but I think this reflected Glenelg's endeavour and pressure as much as anything, something which I can only assume hasn't been as consistent as Bays fans would have liked this year.

For us, skills down and I thought our boys needed to be further up at 3/4 time to be in with a shot. But was pleased enough with the effort in the last and happy to take the win.
by StrayDog
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

UK Fan wrote:First time both afl teams have missed final since 2011.

Great job reserves teams!!!

Just a pity that the 'Dogs have chosen this year for their third finals miss in 26 years.

Happy that fellow no-voters South are among the finals mix, though. I hope they do well.
by StrayDog
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: INS and OUTS for 2018

Base match payment gets paid every game so wouldn’t matter whether that player was Josh or someone else. Lol you Dogs supporters have fallen a long way, moan more than Jenna Jameson now the good times are done
Well, a few of us, maybe.

Fair to say though that we did cop a fair bit of this stuff when the 'Dogs were dominating so it's not really anything new on here, or FootySA before it.

The difference is Jenna Jameson moaned during the good times.
:lol:
by StrayDog
Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg V Sturt Sun 1410

Sturt are the first current top three side the Tigers have played since losing to the Eagles in R12.

Since losing in close to Centrals at Elizabeth in R13, the Tigers are now on a five game winning streak, including both of this year's Elimination Finallists by a few points each. Comfortable wins against West, the Power Reserves and the Ravens.

However, I think Sturt will win by two to three goals.

Post number 1000. Hooray for me. :D
by StrayDog
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Live Scores - Finals Week 1

Great win by the boys. With the aid of the gale, Glenelg had kicked 3.2 to nothing, to be up by a goal 16 minutes into the last quarter. We didn't kick a goal at all kicking against the breeze in the second quarter. Great spirit by the boys to kick 2 in a row late in the last quarter and hang on . Cheers
A few litres of Cede Nullis when they were needed.

Well done to our dew kickers, onto the 'Legs next week at Richmond.

So far, all four wins in the Reserves Finals to the sides that finished lower in the Minor Round.
by StrayDog
Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |