Search found more than 1131 matches

Return

Re: Rumours and Player Movement Discussions for 2014

beenreal wrote:I believe in Fos Williams vision for the Port Adelaide Football Club to move beyond state boundaries.

by topsywaldron
Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Glenelg Senior Coach 2014

MEDIA RELEASE

Dedja set to make his mark at Glenelg

Former Snouts bandwagoner, Dedja, has been appointed to the position as Senior Coach of the Glenelg Football Club for the next three years.

Dedja was appointed by the Glenelg Football Club Board of Directors, following the strong recommendation by the highly credentialed Selection Committee, established to ensure the best possible coach was appointed to steer the club forward.

The selection committee undertook a comprehensive selection process in which Football Director Justin Scripps, Graham Cornes, Peter Carey and President Nick Chigwidden, were unanimous that Dedja was the man to coach the Club in 2014 and beyond, with a focus of recognising and developing our young list and maximizing their potential.

Dedja has SFA accomplishments but the club is broke so thought what the hell.

Dedja's wealth of talking crap at both AFL and SANFL levels, combined with his lack of general knowledge of the game and edumacation gives
the Glenelg Football Club great excitement and positiveness for the immediate and future direction.

This must be a hoax !
:(
Sorry 'Dedj', you're far too honest and way, way over-qualified.
Try the AFL mate !
:-BD
by SABRE
Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Hocking to coach Port's Reserves (SANFL) in 2014

beenreal wrote: How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.

He's more of a Port supporter than you'll ever be.
by topsywaldron
Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Garry Hocking to coach Port's Reserves (SANFL) in 2014

How about do us all a favour and remove your reference to Port Adelaide Magpies in you Teams list BW. You obviously don't want to barrack for us.

He's more of a Port supporter than you'll ever be.

Thanks mate. Don't know either of you for a bar of soap but I have only missed a few maggies games in the past 10 or so years. I've seen the lows of the lows and stood by the club but next year you can't tell me that going to watch the powers reserves will be the same as going to watch the true magpies. I'm shattered. Footy and life won't be the same.
by Blackwhite
Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adelaide Crows Reserves 2014

Sad days isn't it.

Something has changed forever and will never be the same.

I thought the very same way when standing out front of the LeCornu site at North Adelaide last week.

Why do they have to build there? Something has changed forever and it will never be the same. Excellent analogy. You're good at this.
by smac
Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood Senior Coach for 2014

SDK wrote:Your information is incorrect.
Norwood were tying to recruit God and his son .... not Godden !

Unlikley.

Russell Ebert has a great role with the PAFC Community program and Brett is not likely to play at SANFL level again.
by Booney
Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

Personally would prefer both AFL reserves teams to sit bottom 2 on the SANFL ladder. This is nothing against either club or their supporters but the day either AFL Reserves team wins the SANFL will truly be the end of the SANFL.
Personally would prefer that both AFL entities piss right off and the SANFL resumes its course as a competition comprising eight dinkum clubs. AFL garbage does not belong in Our League.

Meanwhile, in the REAL WORLD....

You mean that real world where the VFL dropped the V from it's name to make it easier for SA to join? http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/belly-laugh.gif
by Pseudo
Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

hereselmo1 wrote:I'm a bit confused?

So now you all want the PAFC to win the SANFL premiership?

Yep.

I'm hanging out for a Crows Reserves v Power Reserves Grand Final.

It will be awesome. The build up will be the greatest in SANFL history.
by areaman
Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

pure 2014 draw

The full 2014 SANFL draw, for purists:

Round 1
Fri April 4
Glenelg v Sturt Glenelg 7:20
Sat Apr 5
Eagles v Central Woodville 2:10
South v West Noarlunga 7:10
Bye North, Norwood

Round 2
Fri Apr 11
West v Eagles Richmond 7:20
Sat Apr 12
Central v Norwood Elizabeth 12:10
North v South Prospect 2:10
Bye Sturt, Glenelg

Round 3
Thu Apr 17
West v North Richmond 7:20
Norwood v Sturt Norwood 7:40
Fri Apr 18
South v Glenelg Noarlunga 5:00
Bye Central, Eagles

Round 4
Fri Apr 25
Norwood v North TBC 3:20
Sat Apr 26
Central v South Elizabeth 2:10
Sun Apr 27
Sturt v Eagles Unley 2:10
Bye: Glenelg, West

Round 5
Fri May 2
Glenelg v Norwood Glenelg 7:20
Sat May 3
North v Sturt Prospect 2:10
West v Central Richmond 6:30
Sun May 4
South v Eagles Noarlunga 2:10

Round 6
Sat May 10
Central v North Elizabeth 2:10
Eagles v Glenelg Woodville 2:10
South v Norwood Noarlunga 7:10
Bye: West, Sturt

Round 7
Sat May 17
Eagles v North Woodville 2:10
Glenelg v Central Glenelg 2:10
Sun May 18
Sturt v West Unley 2:10
Bye: Norwood, South

Round 8
Fri May 23
Norwood v Eagles Norwood 7:40
Sat May 24
Central v Sturt Elizabeth 2:10
West v Glenelg Richmond 2:10
Bye: South, North

State fixture
Sat May 31
SANFL v VFL

Round 9
Fri Jun 6
West v Norwood Richmond 7:20
Sat Jun 7
Sturt v South Unley 2:10
Mon Jun 9
Glenelg v North Glenelg 2:10
Bye Eagles, Central

Round 10
Sun Jun 15
Glenelg v South Glenelg 2:10
Sturt v Norwood Unley 2:10
North v West North 2:10
Bye Central, Eagles

Round 11
Sat Jun 21
South v Central Noarlunga 2:10
Norwood v Glenelg Norwood 2:10
Sun Jun 22
Eagles v Sturt Woodville 2:10
Bye: North, West

Round 12 - split round
Fri Jun 27
Norwood v Central Norwood 7:40
Sat Jul 5
South v North Noarlunga 7:20
Sun Jul 6
Glenelg v Eagles Glenelg 2:10
Bye West, Sturt

Round 13
Sat Jul 12
Central v West Elizabeth 2:10
Eagles v Norwood Woodville 2:10
Sturt v Glenelg Unley 2:10
Bye South, North

Round 14 - split round
Fri Jul 18
Norwood v South Norwood 7:40
Sat Jul 19
West v Sturt Richmond 2:10
Central v Eagles Elizabeth 2:10
Sat Jul 26
North v Glenelg Prospect 2:10

Round 15
Sat Aug 2
Glenelg v West Glenelg 6:30
Sun Aug 3
North v Norwood Prospect 1:10
Sturt v Central Unley 2:10
Bye: Eagles, South

Round 16
Sat Aug 9
Eagles v South Woodville 2:10
Norwood v West Norwood 2:10
Sturt v North Unley 2:10
Bye: Glenelg, Central

Round 17
(weekend of Sat Aug 16)
West v South Richmond
Central v Glenelg Elizabeth
North v Eagles Prospect
Bye: Sturt, Norwood

Round 18
(weekend of Sat Aug 23)
North v Central Prospect
Eagles v West Woodville
South v Sturt Noarlunga
Bye: Norwood, Glenelg

Finals draw TBA, pending allocation of finals byes.
by Pseudo
Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

whufc wrote:Are we including all reserves footballers for all clubs in the Iist, because Joe Bloggs has left Centrals to a division 182 club in the ammo league

He'll get picked up by the Port Awesome Sooper Dooper Academy and transformed into the world's best footballer I'm sure.
by topsywaldron
Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay here's a scenario Ken Hinkley is selecting his team for round 1 but doesn't select Jasper Pittard to play in the league team, ken says to Jasper you will be playing in the reserves team this week.

So the question is which team will Jasper be playing in? who gives a rat, he could say "you're playing for the magpies" or "you're playing in the SANFL". All that matters is he is not playing in the main game, same as anyone not picked for their clubs A grade

Exactly playing in reserves, seconds, b grade but not the league team!
by Panther Pack
Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rumours of Player Movement Discussions for 2014

The Crows have said they will work with the clubs by releasing the player to their local team if they have an important game.
I don't want these hacks in the SANFL, but again it's a farce that league football is going to take a backseat to amateur football in this cases.

Exactly, why would you want young local footballers running around in the SANFL.... :roll:
The only footballers that should be running around in the SANFL are ones that have earned their spot.
by RB
Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Booney wrote:AFL listed players playing in the SANFL league competition, is how I look at it. I look forward to Apache breaking that down.

Handicap? Going nowhere. :(

Hard luck Tiger :D

But you missed the key word...... RESERVE.... AFL players in the SANFL.
by johntheclaret
Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows Disgrace

It's lamentable that a state jumper has been appropriated by a club for it's own ends. As has been pointed out we will have the peverse situation where a section of the state will be supporting the opposition at that match.

The line between state and club should never have been crossed, the Crows, in their hubris, have made a massive mistake.

It's only when you look at the people in charge at the Crows, all with their personality deficits, it starts to make sense.

But the Crows have always tried too hard to manufacture a heritage, possibly to take away the focus from the fact that they are a 23 year old club, a minnow really. It's a pity that the state jumper has been caught up in their juvenile campaiging.
by Ronnie
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

This decision is yet another example (that was so obvious during the reserves debate) of the arrogance and narrow-mindedness of the Crows and the SANFL Commission who must really believe that football in SA = the Crows and are unable to see things from the perspective of anyone else.

Rivalries in sport should be built from respect on the field, not from childish games (which is what this really is) which are just designed to antagonise the opponent.

But before Port supporters get on their high horse, the catalyst for this is still the dirty games Port played in 1990 which Whicker and co have never forgiven them for, and hence the petty games just keep continuing. The real loser in it all is football in SA as both sides rarely act in what is the true best interests of SA football .
Couldn't agree more with this. Both Crows & Port do what is in their own interests and then reverse engineer an argument to try to convince the public they give a toss about the greater good.

Basically the AFL and all it's clubs (don't just single out Crows & Port) are arrogant and lost touch with the average punter years ago.
by areaman
Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Neither AFL team has any right to cling to an SANFL history. It is all just marketing hype in both cases.
The Crows were invented in 1990, and the Power has only a tenuous clam to the history of the Magpies whom they have attempted to rob of their heritage by sly use of technical paper work regarding registrations and name changes.
by Psyber
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

From Adelaidenow - Crows chairman Rob Chapman told The Advertiser the Adelaide Football Club's intents with the state guernsey celebration were vastly misunderstood and misrepresented in public.

LMFAO .. Err Rob, where do you think the public perception emanated from? Arrogant club, with arrogant spokespeople and arrogant board members .. Reap what you sew you pieces of shit!!
by JK
Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

RB wrote:Sanity prevails.

Maybe from the SANFL but not from the Crows, should never have got this far in the 1st place.
by cracka
Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The relentless f*ckwitdness of the Crows and Power supporters on this thread reminds me what we've lost when we admitted their f*cktard ilk into the SANFL.

English would be nice

Ilk throw you oik?

nope didn't throw me, just trying to understand what you where saying. What have you lost. What has any power support on this thread said, to remind you of your so call loss?

I rest my case re the whole English as a second language thing

Just sh*ts me to tears that you mindless sheep who follow the two AFL teams from Adelaide thinks the sun shines out of your collective ar*es.

You know what, I don't give a flying *uck what the Power or the Crowz do, pretend clubs in an artificial league, they do not, and will never, represent South Australian football heritage no matter how many state jumpers or creeds exploited for commercial advantage they flog off to the brain dead twerps who think they barrack for them.
by topsywaldron
Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubrooms Who has the best?

SDK wrote:Makes me laugh that the clubs with the fancy club rooms are almost broke and may yet still may not survive.
says a lot about you.

A four team comp would take SANFL back to your most successful era though.
by smac
Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AFL Reserves - Q&A with UK Fan

The introduction of the Crowz and Po'er reserves teams has certainly done what the SANFL Commission said it would and has amped up interest in the SANFL to an almost unbearable degree.

I can barely keep up with all the millions of comments on this forum these days let alone wade though the acres of coverage of the eight clubs pre-season training. Let's hope those poor souls in the marketing departments at the clubs put on extra people to process the thousands of extra memberships sure to be flowing through the door any day now.

Just imagine what it'll be like when the actual * games start! Crikey!!

(*) = not really meaningful anymore but no one will notice
by topsywaldron
Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2014 SANFL Catch Cry

topsywaldron wrote:Leigh strikes me as the kind of bloke who'd insist on AM being written after his name at all times. God help the office flunkey who writes this merde if they forget.

Only if it's before midday.
by beenreal
Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

or clone this one ...

by dedja
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Could have saved them some money and time.

The competition formerly known as.
by Booney
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

The way I look at it is, sit in silence, buy memberships (or more) and watch a great comp get shafted, or keep letting your voice be heard. I wish I was down in Adelaide only to stir some shit. The hypocrisy of some people is the thing that annoys me most.
by The Sleeping Giant
Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eric 2014

Who'll join the rest of us as we greet the SANFL Commissioners as they head into their jolly at Adelaide Oval this week?

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/page_3/2381/

It's exactly the kind of back slapping love fest that deserves to be disrupted by some loud home truths.
by topsywaldron
Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Footy SA - New Channel 9 TV Show on SA Football

Having to wade through 25 mins on such interesting segments on how loudly Crow players fart to see 2 mins of coverage is akin to zero coverage, worse maybe. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
by Wedgie
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Given it's after lunch, he's unlikely to be sober.
by smac
Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Channel 7 announced by SANFL as preferred telecast partn

Booney wrote:
topsywaldron wrote:Let's run a book on how many times the bullsh•t phrase 'new era' gets trotted out.

Well, it is a new era. Adelaide have joined the other 9 clubs in the SANFL to make it a 10 team comp again.

That and the replacement of the Magpies with a Power reserves side.
by RB
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 1- Norwood v Port @ Norwood Post Match

RB wrote:Did the Power promise 4k/game or was that just the Crows? From what I hear there were slightly more than 2k Norwood fans.

How dare you hold people to account for broken promises, half truths and flat out lies.

Roll over and celebrate the #newera like all true fans of South Australian football.
by topsywaldron
Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide @ Prospect (Sun 6/4)

No mention of this game in this weeks Prospect Messenger, nothing in the Sunday Mail. I'm shooting off an email to Trigg thanking him for the extra media coverage we're getting.
by Wedgie
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 1 - North v Adelaide Post Game

Channel 9 news interviewed people in the crowd. Mostly old fogies in the stand. Some were for the crows reserves, some were against. Then they interviewed this nuff-nuff in a Crows guernsey on the terrace who claimed that it was wonderful, "because there are thousands of people here who probably haven't been to the SANFL since 1990".

And they wonder why we hate them.....

Oh that's cute. God bless 'em. Having to slog a fold out chair over the shoulder maybe as well if they sat. They would have sat , I mean 2 hours on your feet is stupid watching footy. Taking into account a slight breeze without the stands protecting them , its a big day.
by Bounce of the ball
Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

For those that can't or won't move on, who have protested by not buying their club's membership this year, won't go to Port or Crows SANFL games, or for those that just need a place to sook.

Here you go.
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/11/11b75f8b3cb5def841d2e22516e7b1bee2181016ee97f9620d7cbfed8ac41c84.jpg
by Pseudo
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2014 season no AFL in the SANFL whinge thread

On a perfect weekend for footy crowds are down, interest is down and the AFL teams dont give a shit cause they got what they wanted
by Dutchy
Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 2 - Central v Norwood @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 12/

Dogwatcher wrote:Champagne breakfast, I think.

Toffs. Leave the Range Rovers at home etc etc
by topsywaldron
Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Crows reserves supporters

Let's just say that I'll certainly be there in my Crows gear.

Is there an ironic subtext to this I'm missing?

I've detested the rancid actions of my club over the last six months but could never, would never actively barrack against them as this guy seems to be implying he will be.

For mine , it casts into sharp relief the insanity of having the two new teams in the comp where you're forced to choose between your bullsh*t underachieving rabble, ie the Crowz, and your original SANFL club.
by topsywaldron
Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Port Reserves v Glenelg Post Match

Bounce of the ball wrote:Bring back the bye. Time for a 9 team comp.

No. Get rid of Power and Crows reserves and have an 8 team competition, with all clubs on a level playing field, like it should be.
by cennals05
Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

heater31 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
cennals05 wrote: Then said the game is the another word for a homosexual v the team that voted NO.

Huh?

I'm not sure I can say what he actually said without getting banned.

Stay classy Centrals management :roll:

Yes, I wish we were more like your club with all those principles and standards.
by smac
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Round 2 - Central v Norwood Post Game

heater31 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
cennals05 wrote: Then said the game is the another word for a homosexual v the team that voted NO.

Huh?

I'm not sure I can say what he actually said without getting banned.

Stay classy Centrals management :roll:

Sorry that we didn't bend over like your club.
by cennals05
Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Norwood calls for fourth interchange player

Disagree - the extra player ALWAYS advantages the clubs with greatest depth. Footy is a warriors game - leave it be

Then surely the onus is on all clubs to have a deep enough list?

Whether it's 2, 3 or 4 on the bench it's the same for all clubs, so they all have the same responsibility to manage their list sufficiently.
by JK
Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

woodublieve12 wrote:
mal wrote:

is this you and a lady friend watching the footy now mal???

Two swans supporters watching the game against GWS
by DOC
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Surely the main consideration is that we don't have a clearly injured player being forced to stay on the field to make up 18 players.

Unless we have consistent problems with 3 or more players from one side being unable to take to the field then I say leave it as it is.

When they went to 3 and a sub in the AFL the argument was that if a team had a game ending injury early then it was still 21 v 21. But very quickly teams were saying that using a sub early is a disadvantage.

Let's face it - it doesn't matter how many interchange or subs each team has - having an injured player out for the rest of the game is a disadvanatge. Always has been, always will be.

Play on.
by areaman
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

No one would.

Bloody hell - I can tell you the provenance of every CD in my very large collection, or every t-shirt in my wardrobe.
I reckon if I got a bottle of Grange from some bastard, I'd remember it until the grave.
Heck, I'm still thanking a mate for a bottle of scotch he bought six years ago for helping him with something.
by Dogwatcher
Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Central v Adelaide

Well that sucked ... :( the Dogs were insipid.... that game plan was terrible... and the Chicken Parmy had better be top notch down there tonight or I might start flipping tables over... ;)

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk
by Jase
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Your board may not have let the comp down but your team sure have.

I was hoping for a winless season! One thing's for sure, 2014 is throwing up some unexpected results...
by Cambridge Clarrie
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well well at least i had a great day i enjoyed the bye and did some gardening.

Two words from me to the Crows FAAARRKKKK and OFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!
by Apachebulldog
Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I suppose I have nothing of any value to add to this thread except to say that in 40+ years as a Centrals supporter I have never been as pi55ed off after a loss as I am now. Including Grand Finals.
Outclassed in the game no arguing.
WTF are they doing here?
Special shoutout to all those who wore both Centrals gear and Franchise stuff at the same time. You are beneath contempt.
by Kahuna
Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rnd 3 Post Match - Eagles v Power

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

:shock:
by whufc
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

luketorrens wrote:Very disappointing. As much as I hate the fact that the AFL are in the SANFL, the SANFL wouldn't have lasted much longer without them.

CRAP
by locky801
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YEAH what the other 2 guys said :evil:
by arcadefire
Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |