Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

carey wrote:Fact- you can not buy a flag.

Enjoy trying tho

http://myflag.cart.net.au/?gclid=CO-IlP ... pAod214Amw
by X Runna
Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Clubs in strife

so there is hope for mitchell park, angle vale, flinders uni to survive? or unless they inject some revenue into some cattle, are their days inevitably numbered?

also i think its crap that a powerhouse club like flinders park get to just randomly drop their cgrade, they should be made to fight it out and endure the sludge at the bottom of the ladder.

kilburn too, they dug the hole their in, make em stay in div 3 and a bye in reserves. no matter what happens theyre set for relegation to div 4 next year and if they cant keep the club alive by summer 2015, withdraw the affiliation totally and bring 3 clubs up to div 4 next year

for once i agree with you marbles..i cant believe their balls in asking for it tbh..oh no..you might play a season where you dont play in the finals..heres a tissue..
by zedman
Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.
by morell
Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or a massive incident, possibly involving someone being physically choked, that is the straw that breaks the camels back
Well I for one hope that doesn't happen and Smithfield can get through this season and have success.

Don't think it's fair that people continue to drag up last year, clearly they have done the time and have moved forward looking to rebuild and grow, give them a chance FFS..

A strong schmiffies can only be good for the comp
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: VERSION 2: 7 Pure A-Grade Divisions

PG - Theres 64 agrade clubs? whats your solution to stack them into equal divisions without hurting too many egos?
Based on being 64 clubs..
Division 2015.JPG

*The top and bottom divisions have the least amount of team movement each season as Div 1 can't have promotion and Div 6 (or 7 at the moment) can't be relegated. These two grades would be impacted the least from a re-structure.

*Maintain the current 2 up & 2 down system for promotion/relegation

In the 12 team divisions:
*Each side is given a seeding from the previous season to help determine the draw.
* Draw is weighted to test the previous seasons better sides, and assist the lower rated sides - in this instance the promoted to div 1 sides would get the assistance, the relegated Div 6 sides would be tested.
by Phantom Gossiper
Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That goes for all clubs as well who have worked hard to change a negative outside perception - Smithfield, Central United, Mitchell Park etc.. how about you front up, play against them and judge them then instead of judging them on a reputation and when you probably haven't seen any of the clubs operate in how ever many seasons.
by Phantom Gossiper
Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Super C Grade Poll

ANY NEW POLLS ON THIS SUBJECT WILL RESULT IN BANNING.
by Footy Chick
Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Division 6 tipping 2014

Arch44 wrote:Appeal

Ok approved. We will only go with the same old boring A grade tips head to head as usual :lol:
by Phantom Gossiper
Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So why not extend promotion and relegation between div 7 and div 8 then (for C/D teams)?
by Q.
Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's a false assumption here that the commitment of D7 A-graders is markedly different from D7 C-graders.
by Q.
Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Marbles

Firstly, you've already got your own thread for this drivel, so keep it out of here. You won't be warned again.

secondly...these 5 A Grade sides you talk up are in fact 5 clubs with an equal say in the running of the League, just like your club

You don’t get an extra say because you have extra teams; this isn’t the NEMJFA where the Big Clubs rule the roost

There is nothing stopping your club with their equal say rallying the troops and advancing your great cause of C Grade Super Leagues

The fact is your club hasn’t raised it, which one can only assume means they either don’t know about it or simply don’t think it worth worrying about in the overall scheme of things

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, but not from the forum pages, perhaps attend a delegates meeting and put forward your case to the other clubs. This is where the decisions are made so go preach to the decision makers

You will get a good hearing and at least a decision one way or another will get made on it, if you choose not to then I think I speak for all and sundry and STFU
by Footy Chick
Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

farmers needing motivation?... smithfield 1 win away from div 6
Henley D grade 1 win away from sandbagging into another Grand Final :P

Good on Smithfield, look forward to seeing them go to 6 next year and continue to improve - motivation for Farmers? Not a chance.

We have our own motivational reasons for success, and avoiding a particular club is not one of them.
by Phantom Gossiper
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 6 - 2015

Pretty good weekend for our lads. After all the speculation of the preseason it was good to get out & play some footy. It was very pleasing to be part of such a team based victory.
Looking forward to testing ourselves this weekend against Lockley's who have improved.

Thanks to EM's brother for his hospitality after the game, I have also heard glowing reviews of the 'presidents club' spread that they put on for the members of the visitors board. So if you're a visiting opposition member, please don't leave all the sandwiches & beverages to EM's bro!

The other note, good work by the Smithfield football club. I've been critical in the past, but they certainly seem to be making the right moves to clear up & avoid any past issues. The committee of the club rang up & informed our president that they were coming to check out their opponent for next week (Brahma) & to say that there would be no problems. The players upheld this, with nothing being exchanged between either group, which was especially impressive when our warm up was in close proximity
by the milky bar kid
Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ok I'll clear this up once and for all. YES I made an error of judgement Saturday that I am not proud of, but at no stage was that directed at Paul or anyone at IFFC. Full credit to them cause they were very good all day. I was very angry at our lack of discipline and actually left the bench half way through the last quarter after a discussion with my senior assistant that I would go and prepare for our after match de brief. At that time the shaking of hands ect didn't enter my mind. I did feel bad about afterwards and went in and had a beer or two with some people from Ingle Farm. Like me or loath me, I admit I made a mistake, for that I'm sorry.

I hope this puts everyone's mind at ease. Thank you.
by Half Back Flanker
Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simply super insightful stuff from someone who is capable of reading a forum and trying to stir trouble for two clubs that are both looking to move on and put the incident.

I have the upmost faith that this game will be played in the right spirit and both clubs will be focused on showing their club in the right light with no incidents.

Both clubs have done a lot of work to ensure that everything runs smoothly and I guarantee that nothing will happen because a troll from Henley with nothing better to do with his time wants to try and start some trouble that both parties are moving on from.
by the milky bar kid
Sun May 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So true.
Always the right of reply though.
How good would it be for the Farms and Smiffies to sit down in the middle of the oval and share a coldie together, still suited up after a tough but fair tussle after the game.
I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility mate, judging by some of the convo's I've seen on Facebook between players from both sides.

Life's too short to worry about yesterday.

I know the rules against taking alcohol onto the oval, I'm not risking it!!! ;) :lol:
by the milky bar kid
Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zartan says hi 8) :lol:
by The Bedge
Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Clubs for 2017

I'm all for the CDFA comp to reunite, then we could introduce a couple of new yearly awards,like who's got the best tatt,the mouthy supporter award,and the shittiest Bgrade umpire trophy,or we can throw in best mullet.
by coman
Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: CH9AFL Division 5, 2016

What happened in the B grade? CBOC have been just about unbeatable this year and have gone out in straight sets, did Lockleys have a few A graders running around in the 2's
yes we at Lockleys dropped all possible A graders to the b grade to achieve a b grade win & it backfired as we lost the A grade prelim v Smithfield!!!
Really!!
Congrats to Smithfield today,........too good.,...............& great momentum at the right time of the year.
Ta to Robbie Abdulla & James Bain for seeking me out to give their respects
#Dees Bees
by bloodhound
Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Demon Juke wrote:
Doghouse13 wrote:Anyone know why Ashby hasn't been playing for Smithfield of late??

Was involved in car crash a few weeks back and not sure of the outcome. Maybe someone from Smithfield can update you.

Ashby was available for selection this week, but we thought we needed a extra tall To match lockleys.
by coman
Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What an incredible effort from Smithfield! To think it wasn't that long ago the club was reduced to one team playing in C1.. then suspended from D7 a few games out from finals 4 years ago, and have since gone on a rampage winning D7, D6 and now in a D5 GF! What a run! To think they could be in D4 next season is crazy!

Congrats to Smithfield, well done, I hope you win it Saturday.. =D>
by The Bedge
Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What an incredible effort from Smithfield! To think it wasn't that long ago the club was reduced to one team playing in C1.. then suspended from D7 a few games out from finals 4 years ago, and have since gone on a rampage winning D7, D6 and now in a D5 GF! What a run! To think they could be in D4 next season is crazy!

Agreed. I remember playing them back in div 7 and it was an absolute fortress. You'd cop a rough reception from a huge crowd lining the oval for four quarters, then as soon as that siren had gone, they were easily more hospitable than many other clubs from more 'affluent' areas and you'd be in there for a few free jugs. I actually enjoyed playing there.

Hope they get it done this week. There are obviously some great people who are doing brilliant things behind the scenes.
by adr107
Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

have they put nets behind the goal posts yet?

come smithies!! smash em
by marbles
Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Once again, warrior-ship of keyboard land is back on. I don't k now how many reply's ive written and then deleted. Simple version, You're not in the club, you don't know. Cant ever understand why people think deferring the blame is what we are actually doing. The seniors and juniors are separate entities but we are one club in the eye of the public and form within. Make no mistake there is no deferring of blame. I will say that when you ask for help and not get it or are ignored. You cant do much more than that. Yes this is a forum and yes people can have their opinion. However, if you don't know the full story you have no idea. One thing i will say is this, go and have a look at the ridiculous and disgraceful attempt of a story on Tyson Edwards regarding women's football. That's what journo's do.
by SATCHEL
Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs, umps and other ammo's news

Appreciate your position, however you need to accept that the public;s view is formed via articles like this, and Im sure the kid wasn't suspended for 22 weeks for a love tap.

What action has the RFC taken against the kid?

We wont be going over any sanctions that the club will/may be putting in place. Unlike others we will reserve the right to keep the inside workings of our club within those walls and respect the privacy of the parents and kids involved. That's the most important thing. Make sure the kids are OK and recover. No kid should be outcasted for anything or be swamped whilst recovering. You deserve to play footy without reservation. You also deserve the right to help and support when something like this happens.
The RFC will not be making any further comment on this whilst advice is being sought. Its up to those if they would like to take the disappointing path of innuendo and bull$shit statements. BUT, i will make it very clear this is not what our club is about , we are a good club and wont be beaten down. We will remember those that tried to sink the boot in and when they need help, don't bother coming down Newcastle street.
by SATCHEL
Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Around the place

Competitions   SANFL Official Site | Country Footy SA | Southern Football League | VFL Footy
Club Forums   Snouts Louts | The Roost | Redlegs Forum |